Old 12-29-2015, 03:03 PM
Master Fan

When is the show coming back?

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 12-29-2015, 09:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It came out in March last year. I imagine that's when we'll get it this year as well.

I can't wait. I just watched the first season. Although I hope we get back to NY. Blah to the court scenes.
Old 12-30-2015, 08:42 AM
MST Manager

Thanks for letting us know when the show would be coming back.
Old 01-11-2016, 12:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt season 2: Tituss Burgess teases new love, one-man show for S2 | EW.com
Quote:
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt: Tituss Burgess teases new love, one-man show for season 2

Posted January 8 2016 — 3:11 PM EST

This month, EW debuted your very first look at season 2 of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, Netflix’s sleeper-hit comedy about an underground cult escapee readjusting to the modern world.

Now, there are even more details to share about what fans can expect from Kimmy’s sophomore adventures — or, rather, those of her roommate and partner-in-crime, Titus.

At the end of the first season, viewers were shocked when the openly gay character’s ex-wife Vonda showed up unexpectedly. Season 2 will force Titus to face his past with his secret spouse, but he may be better armed to deal with it — for one, because of the effect of Kimmy Schmidt on Titus Andromedon.

“Her optimism, her sunniness and selflessness and being considerate of other people is wearing off on Titus,” teases Tituss Burgess, who earned an Emmy nomination for the breakout role last year. “And, because of Vonda’s visit, he has to expose more of that soft core. We find Titus being more readily available to decalcify. He has to come to terms with some stuff, and you’ll find out in the first episode how and why he made the exit, and that just explains so much. There are a lot of layers to this man to peel off, because it’s not just this false sense of fabulousness. It is a protective armor, so we find him having to undo what he has worked so hard to do.”

As Titus journeys toward a better understanding of himself and how he became the guarded, grandiose figure he has since evolved into, he’ll also reckon with a new love interest who may or may not help him in that quest. Thanks to Burgess’ input, Titus’ romantic interest this season is markedly different from whom viewers might have seen the character seduce in season 1 (see: the “sexy mummy” episode). At the beginning of production on season 2, Burgess says he voiced his wish to series creators Tina Fey and Robert Carlock to see a more honest type of romance for his character.

“I was slow to greet, with open arms, the type of guys that were introduced as possible love interests for Titus in season 1,” admits Burgess. “The story that I know, or that I’ve experienced — and the story of all of my peers who are in my likeness —choose a different type of man, and it is not the 28-inch-waist, six-pack-y type of guy. There is an otherness going on, something that is rooted and grounded in the everyday man, if you will, and where although the exterior may be perfectly aesthetically pleasing, it is not what the attraction is built on.”

Thus, Titus will field a love interest in season 2 who “is exactly what I described” and “grounds Titus in a way. Not that Titus’ fabulousness and all of his eccentricities are off-putting, but this [relationship] makes it even more palatable because we see the part of him that he had been hiding.”

But oh, there will still be that very fabulousness that helped make Burgess’s character such a captivating draw when Kimmy Schmidt debuted last March. Don’t plan for a “Peeno Noir” sequel, to be sure, but do prepare for Titus’s newest venture: a one-man show.

“It’s about a past life that he insists he remembers,” says Burgess, adding that the sensitive subject matter may ruffle some feathers. “It’s very funny, and oddly touching. Given the PC social climate that we live in today, there’s so much that humans claim are a part of their human composition that other humans cannot contest … so it was lovely to go down that yellow brick road and watch, once again, how Tina and Robert so brilliantly bring up tension and juxtaposition in a way of humor. It makes you question why we’re so quick to question the authenticity of someone’s experience, even if it’s something that didn’t happen in this current life.”

Musical moments are in plentiful supply, but there’s still one wish list item fans won’t be able to cross off their lists just yet: a duet between Titus and Jacqueline, the rich divorcée played by Jane Krakowski. “Jane and I keep hinting at it to Tina and Robert,” says Burgess. “I do believe the time will come, and it will be supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. I actually have my if/when episode that will allow for that, that I’ve talked to them about. I think I’ve figured out a way to do what everyone wants to see the two biggest divas on the show do.”

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt returns for season 2 on Netflix this spring.
Old 02-19-2016, 10:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Watch: ‘Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt’ Debuts Stylish Season 2 Teaser

Netflix has debuted the first teaser trailer for “Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt” Season 2, which premieres on the streaming service on April 15.

In homage to New York Fashion Week, which just wrapped, the new video sees Kimmy (Ellie Kemper), Jacqueline (Jane Krakowski) and Titus (Tituss Burgess) strutting their stuff for the RTW (ready to watch) collection, paying homage to notable quotes from Season 1, including “hashbrown no filter” and “Peeno Noir.” Even in a 30 second teaser, it doesn’t take long for Kimmy to add a dose of her signature sparkle to the proceedings.

Netflix renewed “Unbreakable” for Season 3 in January, months ahead of its Season 2 premiere. The comedy is created and executive produced by “30 Rock” alums Tina Fey and Robert Carlock, and at Netflix’s Television Critics Association press presentation, Fey revealed how liberating it is to work in an environment without the pressure of ratings, unlike their experience with “30 Rock” on NBC — a critical darling that never drew huge viewership.

“It was just a constant disappointment,” Fey said regarding “30 Rock’s” ratings struggles. “It’s very freeing not to live by fear.”

While the first season was originally designed to air on NBC before the shift to Netflix, Season 2 has been wholly developed for the streamer’s audience, which allows Fey and Carlock to push the envelope a little more. Fey reassured reporters at TCA that the changes wouldn’t be too noticeable, given that the show was designed for a broadcast network and those parameters are still in place.

“We did talk about … whether, ‘Oh, well, I don’t think Kimmy would ever start cussing, but would she walk by people that were cursing horribly?‘” Fey mused. “[But] we’ve realized that our audience is young — I thought, well, as a mom, I would hate to trust this show and then put on the second season, and then it was just, you know… prison sex.”
https://variety.com/2016/digital/new...er-1201710461/

Old 03-14-2016, 09:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt Season 2 - Official Trailer!
Old 03-14-2016, 09:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

What a pleasant tax day treat.
Old 03-15-2016, 12:50 PM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks for the trailer.

icon by elegantamber ჌჌჌
Old 03-15-2016, 08:17 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks from me too!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...