Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2015, 03:01 PM
Addicted Fan

It will prob be bay smh.
Old 04-14-2015, 03:32 PM
New Fan

I thought that maybe Bay would met Tank and get back to him. After the "rape", this would be a controversy.

I can only see Bay having an abortion if she was sure that the baby was Tank's, but I can totally see Daphne having an abortion because COLLEGE, this would be a controversy and like the campus rape, this is something that happens all the time.
Old 04-14-2015, 03:46 PM
Addicted Fan

if it was daphne, i can see her getting an abortion because of school as well.
Old 04-14-2015, 04:07 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
I really think it will be Bay, and I suspect she will go through with the abortion. I even expect that she will know it is Emmett's baby before she does.

That's just the direction that I see the writers going with this story.

I wouldn't be upset with Bay for it. She is in a predicament, and that's just the way I see the story playing itself out.

To me, anything else is NOT controversial.

Regina being pregnant--no controversy.

Daphne being pregnant--no controversy.

Lily being pregnant--no controversy.

Bay being pregnant and aborting Emmett's baby--equals controversy.
I'm not so sure that it's Emmett's baby. I can see the controversy coming in where it may either be Tank's or Emmett's. It would definitely make sense that that's the reason why Max Adler would re-surface this half of the season. I don't know if I feel like it's in Bay's character to get an abortion. That seems all Daphne. I was extremely angry at the finale, but I still have faith that Bay and Emmett will have those twins. /When/ they will is a complete different story. It might make a more powerful story if she does get an abortion and then when they're older and they've grown more, they decide to try again.
Old 04-14-2015, 05:53 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadedByLove (View Post)
I'm not so sure that it's Emmett's baby. I can see the controversy coming in where it may either be Tank's or Emmett's. It would definitely make sense that that's the reason why Max Adler would re-surface this half of the season. I don't know if I feel like it's in Bay's character to get an abortion. That seems all Daphne. I was extremely angry at the finale, but I still have faith that Bay and Emmett will have those twins. /When/ they will is a complete different story. It might make a more powerful story if she does get an abortion and then when they're older and they've grown more, they decide to try again.
Here's my thinking and speculation:

Lizzy Weiss did not EVER want to have any of her characters suffer a rape. She especially did not want to have either of her two main girls suffer a rape, and she tweeted about that very fact.

Lizzy Weiss went ahead and did the rape story, because it is a HUGE topic on college campuses these days, and her two girls were going off to college.

But even in doing the rape story, whether or not it IS rape is highly ambiguous.

It could not be more gray than it is.

I can guarantee you that Lizzy Weiss will NOT allow one of her two main girls to be impregnated by anything that even hints of a rape.

She will NOT do that.

She may do a lot of awful stuff to Bay, but she will not do that.

Lizzy Weiss may have Bay THINK that the baby is Tank's, at first, but Lizzy Weiss will NOT allow Bay to be pregnant by any man other than Emmett.

Bay & Emmett are the OTP.

Pregnancy by anyone other than Emmett will NOT happen for Bay.

BUT, Lizzy Weiss also made sure that most fans hate Emmett for the way that he handled Bay's ambiguous rape.

Just like the ONLY way the writers thought fans could accept Emmett sleeping with Tank's girlfriend Bay was to have Emmett dealing with continuing bullying from Matthew, the ONLY way the writers believe that we fans could ever accept Emmett, after breaking Bay's heart on that beach is IF Bay aborts Emmett's baby, and Emmett blames himself.

Now, I will admit, that I have NO problem with what Emmett did on that beach, when he broke up with Bay. I thought it was in incredibly mature decision.

But most fans want to annihilate Emmett's character off the face of the earth for that.

Oh, no! How can the writers ever redeem Emmett?

Well, just like the writers had Emmett going all over the Carlton campus picking up those print-outs of personal text messages between him and Mandy, and fans feeling sorry for poor Emmett, as Bay tried to break the news to Tank that it was over, now the writers will have a NEW way to redeem Emmett.

What better way to redeem Emmett than to have Bay knowingly abort HIS baby (not Tank's baby, but Emmett's baby), and Emmett realizing with utter anguish that it is ALL his fault, because he was fool enough to break up with Bay on that beach.

That's how the writers are going to redeem Emmett. They are going to have him suffer unmercifully. He'll probably never be able to truly forgive himself for this moment.

Bay will blame herself, but Emmett won't blame her.

Emmett will totally and 100% blame himself. And fans (well, not me, but most fans) will LOVE to see Emmett suffer.

And since Emmett will stand by Bay so completely and so nobly, now, and since he will hate himself, as much as fans (not me) hate him, then fans will finally begin to forgive him.

Because Emmett will have paid for his horrible decision on the beach to put his schooling first and try dating other people, in the wake of Bay's decisions in the last year.

That wasn't allowed. Emmett should have known better than to try something like that.

So yeah, just like Bay's idol, Frida Kahlo, and her lover Diego Rivera (check out their story on wikipedia) Bay and Emmett will keep hurting each other over and over again.

But hey, the good news is that Emmett will stand by Bay, and fans may just accept them back together, since Emmett will have paid for his awful decision.

Nevermind that the whole situation will break both of Bay and Emmett's hearts, not to mention my heart.

I have been dreaming of a Bay & Emmett baby since August of 2012. I will finally have my dream come true, only to watch it die before it ever arrives.

But Bay is a compelling character (that much is true) and abortion is a controversial storyline. It won't be cliche, because it has never been done before now in this way, not to my knowledge.

To actually have a character go through with an abortion when she knows it is the child of her soul mate, and for it to ultimately be his fault, yeah, that's pretty controversial and compelling stuff right there.
Old 04-14-2015, 08:43 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
Here's my thinking and speculation:

Lizzy Weiss did not EVER want to have any of her characters suffer a rape. She especially did not want to have either of her two main girls suffer a rape, and she tweeted about that very fact.

Lizzy Weiss went ahead and did the rape story, because it is a HUGE topic on college campuses these days, and her two girls were going off to college.

But even in doing the rape story, whether or not it IS rape is highly ambiguous.

It could not be more gray than it is.

I can guarantee you that Lizzy Weiss will NOT allow one of her two main girls to be impregnated by anything that even hints of a rape.

She will NOT do that.

She may do a lot of awful stuff to Bay, but she will not do that.

Lizzy Weiss may have Bay THINK that the baby is Tank's, at first, but Lizzy Weiss will NOT allow Bay to be pregnant by any man other than Emmett.

Bay & Emmett are the OTP.

Pregnancy by anyone other than Emmett will NOT happen for Bay.

BUT, Lizzy Weiss also made sure that most fans hate Emmett for the way that he handled Bay's ambiguous rape.

Just like the ONLY way the writers thought fans could accept Emmett sleeping with Tank's girlfriend Bay was to have Emmett dealing with continuing bullying from Matthew, the ONLY way the writers believe that we fans could ever accept Emmett, after breaking Bay's heart on that beach is IF Bay aborts Emmett's baby, and Emmett blames himself.

Now, I will admit, that I have NO problem with what Emmett did on that beach, when he broke up with Bay. I thought it was in incredibly mature decision.

But most fans want to annihilate Emmett's character off the face of the earth for that.

Oh, no! How can the writers ever redeem Emmett?

Well, just like the writers had Emmett going all over the Carlton campus picking up those print-outs of personal text messages between him and Mandy, and fans feeling sorry for poor Emmett, as Bay tried to break the news to Tank that it was over, now the writers will have a NEW way to redeem Emmett.

What better way to redeem Emmett than to have Bay knowingly abort HIS baby (not Tank's baby, but Emmett's baby), and Emmett realizing with utter anguish that it is ALL his fault, because he was fool enough to break up with Bay on that beach.

That's how the writers are going to redeem Emmett. They are going to have him suffer unmercifully. He'll probably never be able to truly forgive himself for this moment.

Bay will blame herself, but Emmett won't blame her.

Emmett will totally and 100% blame himself. And fans (well, not me, but most fans) will LOVE to see Emmett suffer.

And since Emmett will stand by Bay so completely and so nobly, now, and since he will hate himself, as much as fans (not me) hate him, then fans will finally begin to forgive him.

Because Emmett will have paid for his horrible decision on the beach to put his schooling first and try dating other people, in the wake of Bay's decisions in the last year.

That wasn't allowed. Emmett should have known better than to try something like that.

So yeah, just like Bay's idol, Frida Kahlo, and her lover Diego Rivera (check out their story on wikipedia) Bay and Emmett will keep hurting each other over and over again.

But hey, the good news is that Emmett will stand by Bay, and fans may just accept them back together, since Emmett will have paid for his awful decision.

Nevermind that the whole situation will break both of Bay and Emmett's hearts, not to mention my heart.

I have been dreaming of a Bay & Emmett baby since August of 2012. I will finally have my dream come true, only to watch it die before it ever arrives.

But Bay is a compelling character (that much is true) and abortion is a controversial storyline. It won't be cliche, because it has never been done before now in this way, not to my knowledge.

To actually have a character go through with an abortion when she knows it is the child of her soul mate, and for it to ultimately be his fault, yeah, that's pretty controversial and compelling stuff right there.
What upset me about the finale was not necessarily him breaking up with her, but the way it was done after all of their shared relationship history. I'm all for drama, but I do think they've gone just a little too far with the back and forth upheaval for those two. They just got back together. Why have all this pining, hurt, and what I saw as character development for the better, happen just to rip them apart so suddenly?

For me, the first half has been entirely too unrealistic. From Bay taking the fall for Daphne to the alleged assault to the movie to the beach break-up scene. Seperately, and with a better chunk of time between these events, they would have been fine. Crammed into a half of season? No way. It felt like a daytime soap when someone's dead husband comes back to life every other day. Anyway, I digress.

I agree that their story will likely remain tragic for a long while. Lizzie Weiss is determined to make things as difficult as possible for them as we all can see. There was something very foreshadowing and eerie about the way Daphne told Bay that Emmett would regret what he did. Along with Bay resolutely deciding in her mind that Emmett was a liar, weak, and a coward. I'll wait to see how the pregnancy scenario plays out, but I definitely agree with you that Emmett will suffer in one way or another.

My romantic heart and love of all things cheesy just wishes they would keep the baby and navigate through co-parenting before eventually realizing that they're meant to be together. I wouldn't even mind if they dated other people in the meantime. It won't happen, but hey. A girl can dream right?
Old 04-15-2015, 01:03 AM
New Fan

I am really over the writers trying to be "controversial" instead of just having great story lines.

I was hoping that I would not have to see Emmett again, but I do not understand why it would be controversial for the abortion to be Bay's but not Daphne. Especially when they suggest that Daphne has a lot of juggling to do. Tank said he used protection so I don't think they will go further down the soap opera route and not know who is the father if it is Bay's.
Old 04-15-2015, 06:55 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyslippers (View Post)
I am really over the writers trying to be "controversial" instead of just having great story lines.
Me, too.

I like a bit of angst, but I am not a masochist.

This is breaking my heart and I am not up for it. It's too much.

Quote:
I was hoping that I would not have to see Emmett again, but I do not understand why it would be controversial for the abortion to be Bay's but not Daphne. Especially when they suggest that Daphne has a lot of juggling to do. Tank said he used protection so I don't think they will go further down the soap opera route and not know who is the father if it is Bay's.
All abortion is controversial, but Lizzy Weiss said this summer would be controversial and compelling. A pregnancy for Daphne or anyone else is not as compelling. People care about Bay.

Emmett is the only character I want to see, and I hate that he keeps bring tortured on this show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadedByLove (View Post)
What upset me about the finale was not necessarily him breaking up with her, but the way it was done after all of their shared relationship history. I'm all for drama, but I do think they've gone just a little too far with the back and forth upheaval for those two. They just got back together. Why have all this pining, hurt, and what I saw as character development for the better, happen just to rip them apart so suddenly?

For me, the first half has been entirely too unrealistic. From Bay taking the fall for Daphne to the alleged assault to the movie to the beach break-up scene. Seperately, and with a better chunk of time between these events, they would have been fine. Crammed into a half of season? No way. It felt like a daytime soap when someone's dead husband comes back to life every other day. Anyway, I digress.

I agree that their story will likely remain tragic for a long while. Lizzie Weiss is determined to make things as difficult as possible for them as we all can see. There was something very foreshadowing and eerie about the way Daphne told Bay that Emmett would regret what he did. Along with Bay resolutely deciding in her mind that Emmett was a liar, weak, and a coward. I'll wait to see how the pregnancy scenario plays out, but I definitely agree with you that Emmett will suffer in one way or another.

My romantic heart and love of all things cheesy just wishes they would keep the baby and navigate through co-parenting before eventually realizing that they're meant to be together. I wouldn't even mind if they dated other people in the meantime. It won't happen, but hey. A girl can dream right?

It has become a real tragedy and not much else.

All of Daphne's declarations this season have been wrong, so I was SO hopeful Emmett would feel NO regret for breaking up with Bay. But that was shortsighted of me. As completely as the writers tried to annihilate his character, of course they would have to balance it now by making him suffer, tortured by regret. That's the only way to redeem him now.

I just want Bay and Emmett happy and in love.
Old 04-15-2015, 08:44 AM
Addicted Fan

I agree people would probably care more it it was bay. But I'm sure LW would still think it compelling drama if Daphne got an abortion and chose to focus on school instead of being a mother right now.

I want bay/Emmett happiness too. At this point I just want them to be in a good place by the end of season 4 even if they're not together.
Old 04-15-2015, 09:35 AM
Passionate Fan

I haven't watched this show in so long. Are EBay back together? Bay was raped??

Love was here. It made me complete, happy. How could I easily let it go?

my LJ - Icon credit is Luv!
Old 04-15-2015, 02:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

they are and yes. there's no premiere date for next season.
Old 04-16-2015, 04:17 PM
New Fan

Lizzy Weiss
‏@LizzyWeissSAB
I've really enjoyed your theories about who is pregnant... Sort of like the '80s TV movie LACE. Who remembers it? Starring Bess Armstrong!

A young actress, thought to be easy and have no morals, gathers three former school chums to find out which is her mother. Much of the movie takes place in flashback and the identity of her mother is not found out till the last few minutes. Lace (TVMovie 1984) - IMDb

This young actress, the protagonist, is called: Lily. The question is: was she making fun with people about everone trying to gues who is the mother? Was she giving a hint and making a joke? The girl's name is just a coincidence?

I can see Lily going into an abortion if she:
- Gets preganant from that guy she was into
- Gets pregnant from Toby
- Gets pregnant from anyone and don't feel ready to raise a child
Old 04-16-2015, 08:07 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy_pam (View Post)
Lizzy Weiss
‏@LizzyWeissSAB
I've really enjoyed your theories about who is pregnant... Sort of like the '80s TV movie LACE. Who remembers it? Starring Bess Armstrong!

A young actress, thought to be easy and have no morals, gathers three former school chums to find out which is her mother. Much of the movie takes place in flashback and the identity of her mother is not found out till the last few minutes. Lace (TVMovie 1984) - IMDb

This young actress, the protagonist, is called: Lily. The question is: was she making fun with people about everone trying to gues who is the mother? Was she giving a hint and making a joke? The girl's name is just a coincidence?

Just a coincidence. It won't be Lily. Bay is the one who will be pregnant. That's my guess.

And even if a person wants to use the "Lace" tweet as a clue, it more likely points to Bay than anyone else.

In the miniseries Lace, Lilli was the baby, not the mother. She was the baby who grew up looking for her mother. The mother ended up being Judy, the character played by Bess Armstrong. And when all was said and done, Judy never knew who was the father. She was raped on the same night she had sex with her boyfriend, and then, she put the baby up for adoption.

If you watched the sequel, Lace II, you discovered that once genetic testing was done on Lilli, she discovered the rapist was her father.

I still believe Emmett will be the father of Bay's baby. In my mind, there is no way the writers will allow Bay to be impregnated by an act that is tainted with the suggestion of rape.

And I still believe Bay will go through with the abortion. Bay is impulsive. She deleted Ty's email without ever reading it. She took the fall for Daphne, without thinking through the decision. That's Bay's modus operandi.

The writers could leave the question of the father "gray," as they did the rape. But where is the fall-out, if neither Emmett nor Tank know the baby is theirs? Would Emmett or Tank really mourn the loss, if neither character knows the child belongs to him?

Also, what is the writers' reasoning for having Emmett end things with Bay, in a manner that was so final, if he is not going to discover he is the father of her unborn child and be devastated by her decision to abort it?

And yes, it's possible that the writers will not go through with the abortion. But what is Bay going to do with a baby? (I'd love to see it. Nothing would make me happier than to see Bay & Emmett embracing parenthood, but I don't believe these writers feel up to that challenge--and it would be a challenge to do it well and make it fresh and real. The payoff would be soul-searingly good, but these writers won't attempt it.)

And yes, Bay could have a miscarriage, but "Party of Five" did that in 1996. It's time that a TV series chose to have a protagonist complete an abortion, and I am beginning to believe that the writers feel Bay is the perfect character to be the first one to do that.

They probably see it as icing on the cake that the baby gets to be Emmett's, because it only goes to prove how star-crossed these two young lovers really are.
Old 04-17-2015, 06:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy_pam (View Post)
Lizzy Weiss
‏@LizzyWeissSAB

lily?
Old 04-17-2015, 10:35 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandiexjeyton (View Post)
they are and yes. there's no premiere date for next season.
Well, to be accurate, they were together again. Bay & Emmett broke up, in the mid-season finale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandiexjeyton (View Post)
lily?
Lily is the woman who has been dating Toby, since Nikki broke his heart (and annulled their marriage). Things are on the rocks for them, at the moment, because Lily also has feelings for a co-worker. Lily is one of the college administrators at Melody's new Deaf program. She used to be a school teacher at Carlton.

Here are some pictures of tonight's filming. It looks like The Thing will figure prominently in the first couple of episodes of the season. Here, Travis is talking to someone, next to The Thing. Bay is nearby. They are all standing outside of Scratch (that's the bar where Tank took a swing at Emmett).

https://instagram.com/p/1mlrlrm73T/?...teague_artista

https://instagram.com/p/1mk-y_tAhr/?...by=cocoatriguy
Closed Thread   Post New Thread