Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2015, 10:24 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiqa (View Post)
It looks cute but I can't say I will watch it when it airs. It's funny because Jimmy is supposed to be her love interest but I already prefer her dynamic with the guy who's crushing on her. lol.
I'm saving my shipping preferences for when I see the actual show.

Having said that, Jimmy Olsen is very nice to look at and seems like he could be a good match for her... but the guy crushing on her is played by Jeremy Jordan, whose lovely voice graces my NEWSIES Broadway Cast Recording, and whom I loved in SMASH (I'm gonna need JJ and Melissa Benoist to sing at some point on this show)... so I might be a bit torn between the two.

Then again, Jeremy's character ends up being the Toyman, so he'll probably turn out to be a creeper I'm surprised he's just a recurring character and not a regular though, since the pilot made it seem like he was supposed to be Supergirl's version of Cisco from The Flash.
Old 05-22-2015, 10:46 AM
Addicted Fan

Melissa <3 That's all. I'm so happy they didn't do the emo red ring version of her.

I loved everything about the show except the sister-sister relationship. That was the one I was looking forward to most, but the actress is really bad and has no chemistry with Kara. Bummer.

And must Jimmy always be in paper thin shirts? I can barely focus on the dialogue when he's around. Too much hotness.
Old 05-22-2015, 11:08 AM
Master Fan

Is Supergirl the Earliest Pilot Leak Ever? | TVLine

People are going to post spoilers everywhere. Mess
Old 05-22-2015, 11:11 AM
Ultimate Fan

I really liked it, not really here for the "surprise" at the end though. That did nothing for me. I wish this wasn't on CBS though, I don't see it lasting past the first season sadly, 13 episodes at that, which will be a shame since they probably use it as an excuse to not do female heroes on tv. Hopefully I'm wrong though.
Old 05-22-2015, 11:20 AM
Master Fan

I think it's even more likely given the fact that the "leak" was in HD, that this was no unintentional leak.

If the show doesn't work on CBS, there's a high chance they'll move it to the CW. I wouldn't worry about cancellation yet. Although the fact that CBS doesn't own the show, increases chances of cancellation if the ratings are low.
Old 05-22-2015, 11:24 AM
Ultimate Fan

CWs schedule is tight as hell, they don't have the room for Supergirl, I doubt they would pick it up.
Old 05-22-2015, 11:28 AM
Master Fan

They can always cancel Arrow. No, that won't happen, but who knows what shows will still be on next fall, so there's always a chance.
Old 05-22-2015, 12:45 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra (View Post)
I'm saving my shipping preferences for when I see the actual show.

Having said that, Jimmy Olsen is very nice to look at and seems like he could be a good match for her... but the guy crushing on her is played by Jeremy Jordan, whose lovely voice graces my NEWSIES Broadway Cast Recording, and whom I loved in SMASH (I'm gonna need JJ and Melissa Benoist to sing at some point on this show)... so I might be a bit torn between the two.

Then again, Jeremy's character ends up being the Toyman, so he'll probably turn out to be a creeper I'm surprised he's just a recurring character and not a regular though, since the pilot made it seem like he was supposed to be Supergirl's version of Cisco from The Flash.
I just saw it and like it. I definitely like the #Superfriends lol... but Jimmy is aiight though. As for Wynn becoming Toyman, we'll cross that bridge when we get there

We'll see how the rest of the show goes but I love that women rule here.

Having said all that, I don't know if I'll actually watch it in the fall. It was a nice pilot but it didn't intrigue me enough to want to see the next episode ASAP. It'll be a good show to marathon after the season has concluded.
The Lord is my shepherd.
Old 05-22-2015, 01:11 PM
Supreme Fan

Watching it while at work...I LOVE Wynn so far. And so good to see Lexie Grey back on my screen.

I don't care if Wynn becomes toy man. I love me some Caitlin Snow aka killer frost. all about the angst.
Old 05-22-2015, 02:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm waiting for when I'm supposed to see it

'People that are meant to be together always find their way in the end'
BrookeღLucas l EdwardღBella l RonღHermione l RyanღTaylor
avi: NOLA504
Old 05-22-2015, 04:01 PM
Obsessed Fan

Me too. I waited for The Flash and it was well worth the wait. Hopefully this one will be too.

Icon by Me
Old 05-22-2015, 04:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

I hope this show will evolve like Smallville did over so many years!

'People that are meant to be together always find their way in the end'
BrookeღLucas l EdwardღBella l RonღHermione l RyanღTaylor
avi: NOLA504
Old 05-22-2015, 06:09 PM
Addicted Fan

Wynn was more of a tool than I expected, lol.

Spoiler:
Old 05-22-2015, 06:35 PM
Obsessed Fan

SUCH a breath of fresh air to watch a new superhero show with the superhero being a woman. Buffy the Vampire Slayer being my favourite TV show of all time, I have been waiting for a new female hero to come on TV.

I just discovered this show today and I watched the pilot episode...

I really liked it. The trailer makes it look cheesier than the episode was. I thought it was pretty well-paced, generally good acting overall, and I loved the fight scenes. It was honestly so nice to see a woman kick misogynist ass.

I've never read the comics, so I don't know how close they are keeping up with the Supergirl storyline... I know it is definitely different from what they did on Smallville though.

I've never seen the actress who played Kara before, although I know she was on Glee (I don't watch Glee), and I thought she was very convincing as Kara.

I cannot wait for the show to premiere. I can't believe we have to wait half a year... And I really really really hope this show lasts because I think it has great potential and I need a new show with the titled superhero being a woman. Smallville? Man. The Flash? Man. Green Arrow? Man. Supernatural? Men. Teen Wolf? Man. There may be strong women kicking ass on the side of those shows' male leads, but what we really need is a show with the strong woman AS the main lead.

Previously, 'WileyDairyGnome'
Old 05-22-2015, 07:55 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParsD (View Post)
Wynn was more of a tool than I expected, lol.

Spoiler:
@ the spoiler.

So... my thoughts:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Elektra; 05-22-2015 at 10:47 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread