Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2014, 05:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by falling slowly (View Post)
Why not?
I don't think Matt Lanter is a good male lead... and I didn't care for the one in Twisted. But I like Aimee and some of the others.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 02-17-2014, 05:30 PM
Elite Fan

My 90210 loving heart will always have me supporting Matt.. but yeah they totally could have cast someone younger .

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 02-17-2014, 08:14 PM
Elite Fan

So what did everyone think of the pilot?
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 02-17-2014, 08:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell Dream Girl (View Post)
So what did everyone think of the pilot?
I think it has potential but it sure made me miss Roswell and what could have been. And since it is CW, I'm VERY weary about emotionally investing in a relationship like I did for Max and Liz back in the day. I haven't felt any immediate off the charts chemistry with Roman and Emery but I think they have something that can be built on. But like I said, CW show. How long before love triangles separate the two? Roswell was my Huge OTP back in the day and that show's triangle mess killed it for me. Don't want to invest in that again so hopefully 'plot' might make it worth it and I will watch to see where character development goes. We shall see, I still need more time to give this a fair shot.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:04 PM
Elite Fan

Completely agree! It has mega potential, I just hope the CW goes a different route with this show.

Also, I thought Roman looked younger than Emery. She looked a lot older than most of the kids. It might be too early to say this but the actress playing Julia seemed to be a better choice for the female lead. She seems to be the stronger actress.

Anyone know why on IMDb Matt is only credited for four episodes and everyone else thirteen?
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 02-17-2014, 10:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

I personally enjoyed the Pilot. I could possibly even go as far as saying I'm obsessed already...I think it's easy to tell that it's not too hard to please me.
{taek su mi sun}
icon credit: my kind of crazy
Old 02-17-2014, 10:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

roman/julia have potential. because emery's line about social suicide was just. wrong!
Old 02-17-2014, 10:38 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas forever (View Post)
roman/julia have potential. because emery's line about social suicide was just. wrong!
Yeah I didn't like that. Plus I felt more from him than I did her and I don't think it was suppose to be that way.

I was also a little surprised Roman's Dad died the first episode in.
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 02-17-2014, 10:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

matt definitely gave a better performance. in fact, i bought the alien side a lot more than the human one. i mean, are we still going to be that un-evolved in 2020+?

i think emery's dad was the one that killed him too, right? idk, but i saw a future pic of julia and roman hanging out. i wasn't kidding about liking them. i hope they become, at least, friends!
Old 02-17-2014, 11:03 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Completely agree! It has mega potential, I just hope the CW goes a different route with this show.

Also, I thought Roman looked younger than Emery. She looked a lot older than most of the kids. It might be too early to say this but the actress playing Julia seemed to be a better choice for the female lead. She seems to be the stronger actress.

Anyone know why on IMDb Matt is only credited for four episodes and everyone else thirteen?
The episode was great, I like the plot but IA with you on this. I thought she looked older than Roman. So far, not a fan of the female lead but I liked the other characters.
Old 02-18-2014, 12:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

That's funny you and others here brought that up about Julia because I was kind of getting that vibe as well regarding the acting, lol. And I feel bad because I know the set up is suppose to be in favor of Emery, and it's not that I dislike her, I really want to give her a chance. But I am definitely feeling the connection stronger from Roman's side at this stage in the game. Julia has an alluring presence onscreen that is drawing me in and appears to be shining a bit over Emery at the moment. Maybe that will change down the road as times goes on but Emery's presence does come across a bit weaker. I guess the set-up with Roman helping to heal Julia at this point would appear to mimick the Roswell set up too closely if they were to hook up instead of Roman with Emery. I do have to be honest that I saw parallels to Roswell with this pilot. It feels like CW might have been attempting to recapture the magic from that time back when they were the WB. And instead of a direct reboot or re-make, they put their own spin out with this. With the most obvious difference being with the world knowing about the aliens.

And I'm sorry, maybe it was just me, but there were a couple times I kept seeing 'Maria Deluca' in Emery with the hair color and style when Maria changed it. Any Roswell peeps might understand what I saw.

Definitely curious how the human-alien relations will pan out. Obviously, I don't think all humans are anti-atrian and I can safely guess not all atrians came in peace without an agenda of their own. LOL, as long as no reincarnated atrian brides pop up out of the wood-work I should be all good.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 02-18-2014 at 12:37 AM
Old 02-18-2014, 07:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
Any Roswell peeps might understand what I saw.
the only part i really saw roswell was right after roman rescues emery and you see this shot of them in the dark. i legit thought dave matthews was going to play. that would have been weird though.
Old 02-18-2014, 01:16 PM
Dedicated Fan

Good premiere. I agree about the lead actress/Julia

I think if the show lasts multiple seasons a Roman/Julia attraction is probably something that will be explored temporarily at some point.
Old 02-18-2014, 01:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

How were the ratings?

ETA:
The CW's "Star-Crossed" averaged 1.24 million viewers and a 0.4 key demo rating.
Read more at http://www.hitfix.com/the-fien-print...mZHqpaQDSxe.99

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Closed Thread   Post New Thread