Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2010, 09:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

what’s coming up for your character on Southland the rest of this season?
There’s some drama involving my character’s childhood. That will come up and make me contemplate going to the dark side. I think the way I’ve always seen the character is his journey is learning to be a man in the world as it is instead of the world as he wants it to be.

'Southland' star Ben McKenzie talks nudity, changing networks, and the TNT premiere tonight | EW.com

So glad Southland is back, but I'm sad about Russell. Got any scoop that will cheer me up? — Angela
ADAM:
I'm afraid it's going to get worse before it gets better. Tom Everett Scott tells us that Russell's recovery and drive to get back to work will amplify the problems he had separating his work and home lives. "[His wife] shows up at the hospital, and that happens while Lydia is there trying to connect with him," he says. "And you can see that there are definitely opposing forces pulling on him."

Mega Buzz: Scoop on Lost, CSI, The Office and More! - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

Question: Any scoop on Southland? Love that show. —Yasmin

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on 'Gossip Girl,' 'House,' 'Lost,' '24,' and more! | Ausiello | EW.com

Ausiello: The March 16 episode is a big one for Ben McKenzie and his later ego, Ben Sherman. The former gets to sink his teeth into some meaty material when the latter goes out on patrol alone for the first time and gets a little too invested in a domestic violence case.

"Southland" Season 2 Episode 2 Preview

sneak peek of "Butch & Sundance", the next, all new episode of Southland, airing Tuesday, March 9 at 10/9c.

By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion... They carried us away in captivity requiring of us a song... Now how shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?
Old 03-04-2010, 11:42 AM
MST Manager

Thanks for the latest spoilage.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:35 AM
New Fan

Does anybody know if Nora Zehetner's character, who was Ben's blind date the other night, will be back on the show? I'm a big fangirl of hers and was really excited to see her on there. I have a feeling she'll be back, cause it seems weird for her to just come on there for that one tiny scene, and also with how they made her the only one who actually got that he didn't want to talk about the homicide, but I just haven't been able to find any concrete info if she'll be back on or not.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

TNT renews 'Southland' -- The Live Feed | THR

Old 04-26-2010, 02:59 PM
Obsessed Fan

Wooooooooooooo!!!!

Caution: Posts may contain dangerous levels of sarcasm
Old 04-26-2010, 03:10 PM
Elite Fan

Yaaah thats awesome though I;m so far behind

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 04-26-2010, 03:16 PM
Obsessed Fan

Well the new season doesn't start until 2011, so you have plenty of time to catch up Chas.

Caution: Posts may contain dangerous levels of sarcasm
Old 04-26-2010, 03:22 PM
Elite Fan

I know, it's one of those things I keep putting off though for some reason. Are Sammy and Tammy still married or did he finally kill her?

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 04-26-2010, 08:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanJanine (View Post)
Does anybody know if Nora Zehetner's character, who was Ben's blind date the other night, will be back on the show? I'm a big fangirl of hers and was really excited to see her on there. I have a feeling she'll be back, cause it seems weird for her to just come on there for that one tiny scene, and also with how they made her the only one who actually got that he didn't want to talk about the homicide, but I just haven't been able to find any concrete info if she'll be back on or not.
I love her, too! And I hope she comes back.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:29 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chastidy (View Post)
I know, it's one of those things I keep putting off though for some reason. Are Sammy and Tammy still married or did he finally kill her?
Nope cray cray lady is still alive and annoying. I hope they off her next season.
Old 05-02-2010, 05:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Interview from TV Guide with Ann Biderman she talks about season 3.

Quote:
Southland's Creator Talks Season 3
by Ileane Rudolph April 30, 2010 01:49 PM EST

TV Guide Magazine | News | Southland's Creator Talks Season 3

No one is happier about Southland returning for a third season than the cop show’s number one fan, creator Ann Biderman. We asked her about what to expect when the drama returns for ten episodes in January 2011.

Congratulations on Southland’s renewal. When did you find out?
I had heard things were moving in a very positive direction, then late Friday night my agent called. And I felt OK, this is really happening. I knew that they were negotiating and that it was looking really good. I heard officially when everybody else did on Monday. I’m just so, so happy and grateful to TNT. The fan support, too, has been so moving, with their tweeting and the petition. I feel that we’re like the little engine that could.

Why do you think you were picked up?
Michael Wright (programming chief for TNT, TBS and TCM) was very clear in his statement that it’s a show that he feels is worthwhile. I got a call from [Warner Bros. TV president] Peter Roth and he just said, “Sometimes quality trumps everything”. But it must be doing well enough. The numbers on DVR were excellent.

Has TNT asked for changes in the show, or for a cut in budget?
They haven’t asked for anything yet. We knew going in that their budget is less than a network. It’s the rules of the game. If need be, we’ll get in a room and figure out.

Are you getting the cast that you want back?
Oh sure. I think people were happily under contract. Those who aren’t would be thrilled to come back as well. There were actors who wouldn’t even read things for second position. They were like, “I’m not putting the whammy on this. This is the character I love playing. I’m not entertaining offers until I know for certain.” It was really moving. We’re quite a little family.

It’s a big family, but will it be smaller in Season 3 to keep the budget low?
There are hard decisions we’re going to have to make, the three executive producers. But it’s kind of a run and gun show. We don’t have make-up trailers; there’s not a lot of indulgent excess. We’re used to being lean and mean. We were the first shows to shoot on the red camera, a digital camera that’s a lot less expensive and gives us a gritty real look. We’re not worried.

Were you optimistic enough to start working out stories?
Yes. I’ve had an ongoing dialogue with Cheo Hodari Coker, one of our writers.

Can you spill?
Not yet. (Laughs) John Wells and Chris Chulak and I haven’t gotten together yet.

Well, what worked best for you last season?
People loved the relationship between John (Michael Cudlitz) and Ben (Benjamin McKenzie). The fan support has been enormous. You listen to the fans and you listen to your heart. Lydia (Regina King) is an incredible character in her professional and personal quests. Those are certainly primary to what we’re doing. Shawn Hatosy, who plays Sammy, hit it out of the park and Arija Barelkis, Chickie, stepped up. Gang stories are definitely going to continue to be a big part of the show. We have to have conversations about for instance, how much serialization we can do.

Your fans don’t seem to be too wild about the character Tammi (Emily Bergl).
It’s funny; Tammi is a character you love to hate. They’d miss her if she’s gone. It’s kind of like C. Thomas Howell, you’ve got to have someone you love to hate. We have some very interesting ideas for her that we were getting to when we were shut down.

January 2011 seems a long time to wait.
I know some fans are unhappy, but it will be worth the wait. It gives us time to get out in the field, and make sure that each episode will be better than the last. It’s going to work out beautifully.
TV Guide Magazine | News | Southland's Creator Talks Season 3
Old 05-02-2010, 05:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

lol, i like tami. i looove the whole cast! not one bad character to speak of.
Old 05-02-2010, 06:49 AM
Elite Fan

I don't really like Tammi I have to admit. I'm behind on episodes, has anybody left the show?

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 05-02-2010, 07:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

nope, everyone is still intact! if you're a fan of chickie's, you'll love ep 6 of the season. not that every ep wasn't fantastic, but ep six was really the stand out ep of the season. too bad it will be months before the new season, ugh.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:46 PM
Supreme Fan

Episode six was amazing. I'm so hard up to wait so long for a new season but it will be so worth it.

You buckle my knees

I shake and I shiver just to feel you breathe"

Closed Thread   Post New Thread