Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2015, 02:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I heard about those two as well. I thought it was just fan casting ideas. I like the idea of Daniel Sharman, I thought he was great on Teen Wolf. I think he would be able to play the different layers of Jace. He's also a fan which is great.
Not really here for Molly Quinn though from what little I've seen from Castle.

What are your guys thoughts on it having thirteen episodes for it's first season? Personally I love it. I actually wouldn't mind it if all seasons were that many episodes. There are some great benefits - you get a more focus tighter scripts/season, have more money to work on effects (No need to spread it to thin or wait for a certain episode), and no unnecessary filler episodes. Not all shows need this of course, some are great with longer seasons, but I think for the Shadowhunter series it's a good idea.

Quote:
Shadowhunters - Episode 1.01 - The Mortal Cup
Upcoming Episode Titles - Various Shows - 1st April 2015 | Spoilers
Old 04-02-2015, 03:47 PM
Dedicated Fan

^ I didn´t know that Daniel was i fan, i also didn´t know Daniel was part of the audiobook for princess! It made me wanna listen to it, but then i remember how bittersweet princess was so nope!

I like 13 eps. I think its a good quantity of eps to go through the first book (if season 1 will be about book 1, only. do we know??) and not having fillers is a plus! Also, i prefer small seasons to my shows.

Also, was thinking how good is that they are using shodowhunters and not TMI, it makes me think they will use all the books in the show, even the ones Cassandra didn´t finish yet (if the show last that long). Which may mean that we gonna get TID (i prefer this one over the TMI ), again if the show get futher season.

Last edited by Mar_1; 04-02-2015 at 03:53 PM
Old 04-02-2015, 04:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I didn't know that either till I went to TMI Source. I still haven't read The Infernal Devices. Heard enough to know I might not be a fan... (How the triangle was handled. Mostly not a fan of them, but I did think she handled the sort of one in The Mortal Instruments well, so well see.) I most likely will still read them though. Love that world.

Not sure if each season will be based on each book, but I would love that to be the case.

Agree, it gives them room to, if the show is a success and they want to, do the other books series that's apart of this saga. - Shadowhunters: The Infernal Devices, Shadowhunters: The Dark Artifacts, Shadowhunters: The last Hours, Shadowhunters: The Wicked Powers (I'm going to be so old by then! LOL). It gives it a marker, so people know it's the same thing, for those who haven't read the books.
Old 04-02-2015, 05:26 PM
Dedicated Fan

Overall i have problems with all shodowhunters series! the love triangle is awfull and i hate in both series, even if i know people who says its done well, i just think she made a mess out of it, not gonna say much thou because of spoilers!
also, i may be biased because i hate love traingles, normally when i start reading YA series i tend to look through reviews to know if there is a love triangle on, because if there is, there will be a big chance i won´t read it! The plotline has to be something really gripping for me to pass my dislike and start reading the book!
But yeah, the world is very addicting, i remember reading the last book and i was like "mehh" but im still looking forward to the next book!

Quote:
It gives it a marker, so people know it's the same thing, for those who haven't read the books.
Yes. This very much. And then, it also puts the Tv show "away" from the movie. So people who saw the movie and didn´t read the books will not make a connection right away and may give the show a chance.

I cannot wait to know who will be cast. I dont remember very much of Molly in castle but i only watch the first two season. Was she Castle daugther?
Old 04-02-2015, 05:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm more of a fan of the earlier books in The Mortal Instruments when it was focused on Jace and Clary. I was kind of eh with the others. I always thought she should have just made those last books into another series. I totally get what you mean about love triangles. It seems to be a stable for YA novel, sadly.

Exactly!

I can not wait either! I'm always looking for news about it everyday. Yeah, she's Castle's daughter.

I haven't seen much about it, so it makes me a bit worried that they might have dropped Luke and Jocelyn. I really hope that isn't the case. I love those two.

ETA: Is this site reliable? Here's a older article when the idea of making it into a series. This quote makes me excited! Hopefully they are staying with it!

Quote:
“The first book would be the first year and then assuming that goes well, the second book, the third book, the fourth… there are six books. So that’s what we’re looking at.”
Producer Don Carmody wants to see ‘The Mortal Instruments’ on TV | Globalnews.ca

Does anyone know if Don Carmody is still working on the series? Did I miss his name on the press release?

Last edited by *OldHollywoodStarlet*; 04-02-2015 at 07:11 PM
Old 04-02-2015, 07:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Personally I never cared for Jocelyn.

However, I kind of doubt they drop Jocelyn & Luke. Considering Clary is doing all of this for her mom so if they want to be accurate with the books they will have. However, I think after Jocelyn takes the sleeping potion I dont think we will see much of her until (late S3). But , I hope whoever they choose to be Clary & Jocelyn look a lot like.

Personally I hope they expand a bit more on relationships. I mean I would love to see more of a Isabelle & Clary friendship. They are probably one of my fav. friendships (that didn't go romantic). I do hope they don't make the Simon/Clary/Jace triangle to be annoying. That was one of the annoying aspects of Book 2.

As for casting I'm remaining netural until we get the official word about it. I don't want to get more hopes set on one actor or actress. Only to find out they were played by another.

Old 04-02-2015, 09:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

hope this isn't true. IMDB has the series for 2016
Shadowhunters (TV Series 2016– ) - IMDb

I don't want to wait that long.
Old 04-02-2015, 10:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

True about not seeing much of Jocelyn because of the storyline. It would be great if they showed some flashbacks.

I'm sure they will be able to flesh out all the relationships with them having thirteen episodes. I wasn't as annoyed with it as some others. lol I guess because I had seen way more messier triangles in the past.

I don't have a preference for who should be casted, but Daniel was suggested and I'm not against the idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by These Broken Stars (View Post)
hope this isn't true. IMDB has the series for 2016
Shadowhunters (TV Series 2016– ) - IMDb

I don't want to wait that long.
I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case depending on how long they film the show. I could see them giving the show more time to film and work on special effect, etc...
It could be totally wrong of course since imdb is a mixed bag when it comes to information.
Old 04-02-2015, 10:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

That's true. We know they start in May, and there prob would be more post production stuff compared to other shows, at the worst case, they may try for a early 2016. I would rather Fall, but we'll see.
Old 04-02-2015, 10:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think all of us has seen messy triangles. For me it was mostly shows on the CW (with a few exceptions) which is probably why I'm glad this is on ABC Family. For the most part I didn't feel like were so heavy in the triangle aspect. But then again the only show I somewhat watched was PLL

As for the IMDB thing, they have been known to be wrong in the past. Plus I think their would be some article. However if it is in 2016 it may be Jan 2016. If they are filming in May.

Old 04-03-2015, 02:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I've seen enough of ABC Family shows to know I have some issues with how they handle their story lines including romance, but they're way better than the CW, so I was relieved when I heard ABC Family picked it up. Like you said they're not as heavy handed and also aren't as soapy. I just feel like it's the best fit possible. Hopefully I'm proven right.

I could see it maybe premiering Spring (2016) or late this Fall.

The ABC Family upfronts is April 14 I would think/hope we will get casting news in the next week or two. Get more info from the event as well. Who knows maybe they'll announce the cast there.
Old 04-04-2015, 06:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I have too. we'll have to wait and see.
Old 04-13-2015, 07:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Filming dates:

Quote:
Shadowhunters - Season 1 - May 19 2015 - October 09 2015
x
Old 04-13-2015, 12:38 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for the news.
Old 04-13-2015, 04:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

So we should get casting news soon then.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread