Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2015, 11:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Shadowhunters S&S #1: Because The Mortal Instruments is coming to ABCFamily.

Shadowhunters Spoilers & Speculations
(( Otherwise known as 'The Mortal Instruments ))

Its been ordered STRAIGHT TO SERIES.

Quote:
[CLARY FRAY] 18-21 years old, beautiful, fiery red-headed, creative, and intelligent. Clary Fray is a promising art student whose bright future is derailed when her mother is kidnapped and she learns her life has been a lie. Clary discovers a hidden Shadow World full of Vampires, Werewolves, and other unthinkable danger that she quickly learns to navigate. As she is forced into action, she embraces her newfound powers and realizes that she will play the central role in this new world…SERIES REGULAR, PLEASE SUBMIT ALL ETHNICITIES

[JACE WAYLAND] Early 20s, narcissistic, and lethally gorgeous, Jace is a determined and expert Shadowhunter. A skilled soldier in a war against demons. After his father is killed, Jace makes it his life mission to seek revenge on the man who is responsible. After years of being the object of every girl’s desire, he finds himself in an unfamiliar position – falling in love with Clary… SERIES REGULAR, PLEASE SUBMIT ALL ETHNICITIES

[SIMON LEWIS] Early 20s, intelligent, very handsome in a non-calculated kind of way, Simon Lewis is Clary Fray’s long-time best friend. He’s the first to find humor in any situation. An accounting student by day, Simon spends his free time performing in a band. His loyalty and feelings for Clary are tested as he fights alongside her on an epic journey. Because of this, he is ultimately turned into a vampire and struggles to maintain his humanity while simultaneously accepting his fate… SERIES REGULAR, PLEASE SUBMIT ALL ETHNICITIES
Casting is now in process. Their sides are up on Showfax.

Quote:
Clary Fray is perfectly normal; she’s a budding art student who loves spending time with her friends and family. On her 18th birthday, however, Clary discovers she is part of an age-old battle between demons and an elite race of warriors known as Shadowhunters. When her mother is kidnapped and her home is destroyed, so is her sense of reality. Clary must now understand her new role in an ancient battle, and come to terms with her family’s past…
‘Shadowhunters’ set to begin production in Vancouver this May + network revealed, pilot name and character descriptions – TMI Source

Last edited by Stay to the Lights; 03-31-2015 at 09:55 PM
Old 03-07-2015, 07:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I am excited for this. Thanks Jen for creating this thread here at spoilers.
Old 03-07-2015, 07:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm excited too! No worries.
Old 03-07-2015, 07:54 AM
Part-Time Fan

this is so flippin awesome!
Old 03-07-2015, 08:54 AM
Total Fan

This is so freakin awesome! I really hopes for a 2nd movie, but a tv show is even better. I really hope they cast someone good as Clary, I really lover Lily Collins as her!
Old 03-07-2015, 08:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah. Hopefully the next few weeks we'll know some castings!
Old 03-07-2015, 12:33 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the thread! Is the series based off a book? What channel picked it up?

Pretty sure I'm next in line, so I've assigned the thread to myself. If that's not right we can fix it once Nikki gets back from vacation.
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 03-07-2015, 05:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

It is based on a book series, the mortal instruments. They did a movie, but it didn't do well, so they decided to reboot as a tv series.

It'll be on ABCFamily.
Old 03-07-2015, 10:17 PM
Dedicated Fan

I'm so glad that they're moving forward with a tv show based on this series! The book series reads much more like a TV show anyway and this gives time for the characters to flesh out more and possibly move the plot in different ways! Im for it!
"When I created Buffy, I wanted to create a female icon, but I also wanted to be very careful to surround her with men that not only have no problem with the idea of a female leader, but were in fact engaged and even attracted to the idea." - Joss Whedon
Old 03-07-2015, 10:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

I agree. With this kind of mythology and story, it's better suited to TV than movies.
Old 03-09-2015, 12:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yay so excited Thanks for the thread.
Old 03-09-2015, 02:01 AM
Elite Fan

Have they cast anybody yet?
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/
Old 03-09-2015, 03:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInMiracles (View Post)
Have they cast anybody yet?
Not yet. They're working on that right now. The casting sides for Clary, Jace and Simon are out, so its in the process

I've read Simon's sides, and it's interesting.
Old 03-12-2015, 08:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Okay, so SpoilerTV has some info in their comments.
Shadowhunters - Rumor - Mortal Instruments TV Show Ordered Straight To Series By ABC Family *Updated* | Spoilers

Quote:
From what I'm told, in the pilot Dragon Ball is the first manga that Simon lent Clary. They apparently mention a few character names too.

I'm told that at one point she mentions manga to the Shadowhunters too. When they mention Vampires to her.
Quote:

I'm told it's more modern (Isabelle has an iPad that detects demons). Also Simon and Clary track each other using phone apps.

It's definitely different but it seems that most of the key/important points are retained.

The issue which I'm trying to get my source to look into is a couple of characters so far don't seem to be present. My source hasn't seen or heard any reference to Hodge, Church, Madam Dorothea, Luke or Magnus Bane (although Luke and Magnus could just not be in the pilot episode and be introduced in a later episode).

Probably the best way I could describe it from what I'm told is its an adaption. It's not 100% by the book, but they're pulling elements and the mythology and reworking it.
Quote:
I believe the first episode covers up until Clary gets to the institute and discovers she's not a mundane.
I think its good they are making it more modern, because otherwise we'd be stuck in 2006/2007 for the entire series.
Old 03-12-2015, 08:07 PM
Moderator Support Team

loved the books and the movie. looking forward to the tv show
Closed Thread   Post New Thread