Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2015, 05:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Yes, I just read that article today. Thanks for posting it here.
Old 09-25-2015, 09:19 PM
Master Fan

I don't think anyone posted this yet.

Episode Synopsis for 3.02

Reign Spoilers: "Betrothed"
Quote:
ELIZABETH’S ALLIANCE WITH CATHERINE BACKFIRES —*Elizabeth (Rachel*Skarsten) must deal with the political backlash of harboring Catherine (Megan*Follows) in England, while Catherine is imprisoned upon her return to France. Mary (Adelaide Kane) is forced to make some difficult decisions about securing Scotland’s future and Lola (Anna*Popplewell) is conflicted in her feelings for Narcisse (Craig Parker). Toby Regbo,*TorranceCoombs, Celina Sinden, Jonathan Keltz and Rose Williams star. Fred Gerber directed the episode written by Lisa Randolph (#302). Original airdate 10/16/2015.
Old 09-26-2015, 01:25 PM
Elite Fan

The Elizabeth/Catherine "friendship" lasted one episode

Catherine imprisoned
Old 09-26-2015, 03:55 PM
Master Fan

I'm so freaking ready for Lola and Narcisse. Francis refusing a courtship, Lola being conflicted and Narcisse being IN LOVE with Lola So not here for Catherine being involved though. It makes zero sense...at least in a romantical way.

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 09-26-2015, 04:02 PM
Extreme Fan

I mean I know nothing would come of it in the long term because it never actually happened, but, I was hoping that they'd get more out of Catherine and Elizabeth than that. Also, I wish they'd stop imprisoning Catherine and or Mary in times when they never were imprisoned. To end up imprisoned was a hugely scary and forever damaging experience for people in their position and Reign uses it as a flimsy plot point. It loses all of it's power, especially if we ever get to Mary's imprisonment later on.

Also, the spoilers about how Catherine and Elizabeth supposedly go after Mary are stupid too. Seems like there's going to be a disappointing follow up to last year''s cliff hanger. The only thing I'm interested in seeing in the premier is how they approach Elizabeth and Robert and how they sweep last year under the rug with Francis and Mary.

I wonder if Charles and Elizabeth will actually be betrothed? Hence the title?
Old 09-26-2015, 04:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shut_uo_ste (View Post)
Also, the spoilers about how Catherine and Elizabeth supposedly go after Mary are stupid too. Seems like there's going to be a disappointing follow up to last year''s cliff hanger. The only thing I'm interested in seeing in the premier is how they approach Elizabeth and Robert and how they sweep last year under the rug with Francis and Mary.

I'm ready to be disappointed but I hope with Catherine gone they will tell Elizabeth stories not underlined by Mary's goings on. I want original E stories not tainted by French court personalities (even though I love Catherine). Having said that I would love a Charles Elizabeth engagement for the political drama it "should" produce.
Old 09-27-2015, 06:33 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shut_uo_ste (View Post)
I mean I know nothing would come of it in the long term because it never actually happened, but, I was hoping that they'd get more out of Catherine and Elizabeth than that. Also, I wish they'd stop imprisoning Catherine and or Mary in times when they never were imprisoned. To end up imprisoned was a hugely scary and forever damaging experience for people in their position and Reign uses it as a flimsy plot point. It loses all of it's power, especially if we ever get to Mary's imprisonment later on.

Agree with the fact that a Queen and powerful person with a title being imprisoned is just so damaging and humiliating thing back then! I hate them for that and I bet a lot of people were wxpecting Catherine and Elizabeth to work together but it lasted only ONE episode

It doesn't say who imprisoned her though, only that she's back in France and imprisoned, is it Francis? Maybe it's someone else
Old 09-28-2015, 08:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

lol watch frary be in yet another triangle. god what's wrong with this woman.
Old 09-28-2015, 09:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Can the love triangle be with a nice girl who worships Francis
Old 09-28-2015, 09:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
Can the love triangle be with a nice girl who worships Francis
if only. rule is you must adore mary at all costs and against all logic.
Old 09-28-2015, 11:06 AM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotDoneAbusingYou (View Post)
Episode Synopsis for 3.02

Reign Spoilers: "Betrothed"
Thanks for the links to the latest news.
Old 09-28-2015, 12:35 PM
Elite Fan

Adelaide's interview HERE

Quote:
Throughout the show we see Mary go back and forth between her head and her heart, but what are your hopes for Mary this season as her leadership is going to be challenged by Elizabeth and dealing with all that?

- I’d like to see her step up to the plate and make strong decisions, be a little less selfish, be a little bit more calculated. I think that she’s been a little bit back and forth the last couple of seasons and I am hoping she’ll mature more and be a little bit more consistent in the decisions she makes and look at [consequences] – because she ends up hurting people, and she doesn’t think things through. Being so inconsistent is very difficult to play. [laughs] It’s harder to like my character when she changes her mind on a dime. I love her, but I do get frustrated with her when she makes one decision one episode and completely changes her mind the next. We don’t get our episodes in advance so I can’t even stand up and be like “Oh God, how do I justify this choice?” I know it’s more dramatic that way, but I’m hoping for a little bit more consistency. I’m hoping that she’s grown up a little and has settled into a steadier more flexible managing style.
Old 09-28-2015, 01:54 PM
Extreme Fan

Maybe it's just me, but, I just don't see how Mary can develop that way if they want to stick to the big events of her life. I mean, Mary was emotionally erratic (I don't personally agree with it - but, there's a reason why several historians have suggested Mary might have been bipolar) , she was reckless and often didn't think things through properly especially when it came to Darnley and Bothwell. The problem for me is the show doesn't acknowledge Mary's flaws and just expects all the other characters to go along with her - and it seems the they expect the audience to do so too. I'd rather the show just acknowledge Mary was flawed in those regards (and as it turns out fatally so), but, also show there were other reasons to admire Mary and in the world of Reign other reasons why Francis would love her as much and trust her as consort. She'd be a much more interesting, human and, for me, likeable character that way.

If they give Mary that kind of character development, they'll only have to undo it all or make up silly plot stuff (i.e. season 2) to justify later decisions.

Last edited by shut_uo_ste; 09-28-2015 at 02:13 PM
Old 09-28-2015, 05:54 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
The problem for me is the show doesn't acknowledge Mary's flaws and just expects all the other characters to go along with her - and it seems the they expect the audience to do so too.
Agree. but Adelaide has said things like this before. She clearly was her character to be very different than she was in real life. The show will only get 10 episodes in scotland max so historical accuracy doesn't matter at this point, because they can't tell her story in scotland in 10 episodes. The final season will just be for closure.

I'm glad she spoke on the abruptness at which mary flipped on francis and then on conde and went back to francis. She couldn't directly say those words but I'm assuming that is what she is talking about.

I understand Mary was erractic in RL but I don't feel they are writing her this way intentionally based on laurie's word, i.e. in her interview before the finale she said that Francis and Mary had been growing closer up to the season finale. she actually believes the story progressed naturally. But that was something the audience never saw. francis was hostile toward Mary in 2.20 and Mary was saying they were prisoners trapped in a dungeon, and in 2.21 they were still distant. That's just bad writing.
Old 09-28-2015, 07:28 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I understand Mary was erractic in RL but I don't feel they are writing her this way intentionally based on laurie's word,
This is true. (I don't get the feeling Laurie or any of the writers truly understand or know their history in a detailed/nuanced sense - it's not just being inaccurate because they want to - I think they're actually clueless sometimes) I think it does come down to bad writing. In fact I think if they were genuinely writing Mary as having the flaws of erratic and reckless behaviour things would come across better. They seem to to just throw things at the wall and see what sticks plot wise and then fit the characters around that.