Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2016, 01:19 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Once Upon a Time's Midseason Premiere: An Evil Birthday, a Blushing Hero and 10 More Teases
ABC’s Once Upon a Time celebrated 100 episodes on Saturday night with, among other things, a screening of the milestone hour aka Season 5’s winter premiere (airing Sunday, March 6).

TVLine was among those on hand for the VIP presentation. Knowing that spilling full-on spoilers “comes with a price,” here are some teases involving Emma, Regina, the Charmings and the other major characters arriving (or already residing in) the Underworld.

♦ The premiere kicks off with one of the series’ most emotional cold opens ever.

♦ The episode is quite Regina-centric, from both her current-day conundrum in the Underworld (Mayor Cora lays out a rather grim ground rule) to flashbacks of one of her birthdays, where a surprising someone sets out to gift-wrap for the Evil Queen the only thing she desires.

♦ A case of mistaken identity leaves one of the heroes a bit flustered.

♦ Fitting for the milestone episode, a character whom we first met in the series pilot and who has not been seen in a while resurfaces when you last expect — to great comedic effect.

♦ Under the oversight of the Blind Witch, the menu at Underworld Granny’s now offers gingerbread… and children :-O

PHOTOSOnce Upon a Time First Look: A Mother of a Reunion, Grave Matters and More

♦ A first meeting between two characters just may leave you a bit misty.

♦ Seeing the key to Room 8 tees up a sweet moment between Henry and Emma.

♦ Freshly deceased Hook has seen better days.

♦ “Chip” puts in an appearance, sparking a flashback to a “lost” scene between Rumple and Belle.

♦ By the end of the hour, one character will experience an extreme reversal of fortune.

♦ From the first moment Underworld’s pampered overlord is revealed, it’s clear that Ally McBeal alum Greg Germann is having a helluva good time playing Hades.
source
Rina ↳ [Tumblr || Art || Icons]
alycia debnam-carey & eliza taylor |
Old 02-21-2016, 01:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sorry, but I enjoy the characters on this show and all the drama that can happen. I do not like episodes that are only about one character because it leaves the plot in the dust. I just don't see things so black and white.

Anyway ...

the teases for the premiere sound interesting ... I'm intrigued about that cold open scene
Old 02-21-2016, 01:28 PM
Elite Fan

At least Snow Charming and the dwarves will be in the flashback. That's very old school OUAT.
Old 02-21-2016, 01:28 PM
Master Fan

I think it's going to open with our heroes visiting Hook's grave in the Underworld.
Old 02-21-2016, 01:31 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koda (View Post)
First meeting between two characters might leave us misty? It's either Zelena and Cora or (which I think is more likely) Henry meeting his namesake grandfather Henry. And I must say I would love to see that. With all his mistakes, Henry senior did love his daughter and he did try to convince her not to enact the dark curse and let her anger go. I think him meeting Henry and have Regina apologize to him (finally) would be more than welcome.

But, with my luck, it will probably be about Zelena and Cora...

Quote:
Originally Posted by T'Lynn (View Post)
Sorry, but I enjoy the characters on this show and all the drama that can happen. I do not like episodes that are only about one character because it leaves the plot in the dust. I just don't see things so black and white.

Anyway ...

the teases for the premiere sound interesting ... I'm intrigued about that cold open scene
I'm not so sure the 100th episode would be Regina's centric. I think it might be partially 'enchanted forest centric', because that was what the pilot was. Of course, if there are fb about the Enchanted Forest, they will be about The EQ and Snow. I've no doubt 'Snow' is going to be Regina's gift.

Last edited by lianamed; 02-21-2016 at 01:38 PM
Old 02-21-2016, 01:38 PM
Elite Fan

Zelena's not in the underworld.
Old 02-21-2016, 01:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by lianamed (View Post)
I'm not so sure the 100th episode would be Regina's centric. I think it might be partially 'enchanted forest centric', because that was what the pilot was. Of course, if there are fb about the Enchanted Forest, they will be about The EQ and Snow. I've no doubt 'Snow' is going to be Regina's gift.
I don't think "centrics" are what they once were. I expect we'll get a lot of Regina (which is cool because I do adore the Evil Queen) but that the present day will give us a lot of everyone.

And it sounds like the Rumbelle scene is a flashback after all..
Old 02-21-2016, 01:51 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lianamed (View Post)
First meeting between two characters might leave us misty? It's either Zelena and Cora or (which I think is more likely) Henry meeting his namesake grandfather Henry. And I must say I would love to see that. With all his mistakes, Henry senior did love his daughter and he did try to convince her not to enact the dark curse and let her anger go. I think him meeting Henry and have Regina apologize to him (finally) would be more than welcome.
I immediately thought of the two Henrys meeting in the Underworld, too. It's the only first time encounter scenario I can think of right now that's likely to leave us misty-eyed and I'm so here for this. Obviously Cora hasn't really met Henry yet either, but while Lana did say it's a happy reunion with mother dearest she's still someone not only Henry would be wary of after everything she's done in the world of the living. I'm seriously looking foward to Tony Perez' scenes in the midseason premiere either way.

Any guesses concerning the "current-day conundrum in the Underworld" yet? I imagine it'll be the matter of getting back out that'll prove to be rather difficult, but it's interesting that Matt describes it as something specifically tied to Regina.
Rina ↳ [Tumblr || Art || Icons]
alycia debnam-carey & eliza taylor |
Old 02-21-2016, 02:03 PM
Elite Fan

Well I may have the unpopular opinion on this thread but yes I thought 5A was only about Emma in relation to Hook, and completely neglected most of her other relationships except for Regina and a couple of Henry scenes. I want her to have a centric that doesn't tie in to her meeting part of Hook's family just like I don't want Snow's centric to tie into meeting James.

I think the misty conversation may be between Cora and Regina after Cora meets Robin.

And I really hope the 100th is equal Snow, Regina, Rumple, Charming, Emma because they have all been there since the beginning and not a true Regina centric.

And the mistaken identity is obviously Charming who will probably be hit on by one of James' women.
Old 02-21-2016, 02:13 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm stopping being a shy stalker for two seconds :
What if the powerful opening is the infamous Neal's Warning. I normally try to get over the journalists' bias (I do think Matt is the most objective) but Matt likes Neal and something both emotional and that does justice to the past and present could be linked to that.
Old 02-21-2016, 02:14 PM
Elite Fan

Well what else do you expect when the writers have Snow and Charming spending more time teaching Regina how to dance, and broing out with shady King Arthur?

Last edited by scififan2009; 02-21-2016 at 02:26 PM
Old 02-21-2016, 02:28 PM
Elite Fan

Right big mistake. They should had Snow and Charming with Emma instead. Just a mess on the writers' part to make Emma's story not include her parents but instead be all about Hook and Regina (and Merida). Cut out the Snowing/Regina and Swan Queen scenes and there could be scenes of Charming Family and Outlaw Queen and more people would be happy.
Old 02-21-2016, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm so confused about the pilot character ... I maybe he means Sidney and he just thinks he was in the pilot?

I think everyone has their own interpretation of the show. For me, 5A was not about Emma and Hook it was entirely about Emma finally giving herself the freedom to let herself love unconditionally. That was something that she has struggled with and it has taken years to get her to that point. Henry is one things, he's a child and her son. Unconditional love comes with that but it took her the whole first season to get there. It's taken so long with her parents and then when they proved to have a questionable past she felt burned again. But she was finally able to see past her hurt and anger to let them in ... which in turn opened up her heart for romantic love. As someone who had a rough journey to my own happy ending that speaks volumes to me.
Old 02-21-2016, 02:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

To talk about the spoilers and not the problems of 5a. I don't think the opening will be in the cemetery with neals warning
Old 02-21-2016, 02:37 PM
Elite Fan

I don't know what would be more emotional than the Pilot's opening. Or Emma seeing the little girl get a home.

The returning character from the Pilot = Henry Sr? Or the lead Black Knight.

Sidney and the Blind Witch weren't in the Pilot and the dwarves continue to be around.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread