Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2015, 05:53 AM
Elite Fan

I wanted to clarify that I agree that Emma has a right to be mad. My double standard comment in regards to Emma was how the writing makes her angry at her parents but not at other actions that are huat as bad. I am blaming it on the writing not the character.
Old 04-13-2015, 05:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
I wanted to clarify that I agree that Emma has a right to be mad. My double standard comment in regards to Emma was how the writing makes her angry at her parents but not at other actions that are huat as bad. I am blaming it on the writing not the character.
But she has been mad at other characters ... she just needed time to get over it. It has only been less than a day.

And what they did is worse to her because there is no justifiable reason ... they harmed a baby to ensure her "goodness"

She will get over it but it's going to take more than 10 hours, I think.
Old 04-13-2015, 06:01 AM
Elite Fan

And she was doing so well. Accepting her home and her family, embracing her magic. Now things will only get worse if she doesn't get answers soon.
Old 04-13-2015, 06:05 AM
Elite Fan

I don't think it was worse than other things because they didn't realize it was a baby and not an animal. But we will have to agree to disagree because I don't want to rehash other characters' actions in 4A that Emma easily excused. And it's not Emma I am criticizing but the writing that portrays one bad action as worse than a lifetime of selfish choices.
Old 04-13-2015, 06:07 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwen107 (View Post)
I agree with you and I don't mind the dark themes and stories, but when you have only problems and problems and problems after the next and the characters can never have a calm phase of more than 1 episode to catch a breath it's becoming extreme and for some characters they are taking it to extremes.
I agree. I think their point this arc was to show that heroes do evil things too, but with the villains becoming darker and darker and Zelena who seems the most crazed of them all returning, there is just too much evil on this show.

We have like five villains on the show right now - Rumple, Zelena, Malificent, Cruella and the Author. Plus that revelation of what Snowing did in the past which has upset Emma so much. Plus now a lot of OQ fans are super upset with Robin's decision.

This show has really lost its wonder and spark. In previous seasons they have offset a lot of the sad parts with happy stories too and balanced everything out. In this arc, the only happy moments have been CaptainSwan development and Ursala's redemption.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWolf (View Post)
The Timeslot is only one of the problem OUAT has.
It often feels like they want to do "darker" things, but are hindered by the timeslot.

This Episode was somehow really close to be too "dark" for this timeslot(thanks to Zelena)

So, now that we have with Zelena an even crazier villian then Imp Rumple, can we start to go into the Redemption direction with him please?

By now he comes of as "stupid" imo, especially when he gives advices to people like Robin and then doesnt go by them himself.
When he was talking to Robin outside the hospital, i could just shake my head.
How can such a self aware and smart character, make the decisions he did?
What Reginas bad writing was in 4a, is Rumple in 4b imo.

One other thing that would annoy me extreme, would be if they really killed off Marian just like that.
Killing off a character like this with just a swipe is atrocious writing...its beyond bad.

Call me crazy, but i never want Zelena to leave.
She is the most twisted and Evil character i have ever seen...i love every minute of her on screen.

What good scenes could have happened between her and Cruella.

I vote for Zelena to be the Ultimate final Big Bad villian of the show...give me all the Wicked Witch that there is.
Other than wanting more Zelena ITA with your analysis.

But the Zelena parts of your review made me laugh in a good way so thank you.
Old 04-13-2015, 06:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think one of the biggest issues Emma has is that everyone seems to lie to her. And not only that but she never thought her parents could lie to her. She expected more from them.

It's like how Henry got so mad at Emma when she lied about his father. He said she was just like Regina ... we all know that Emma (at that point in the story) was nothing like the way Regina was but the betrayal to Henry was huge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
I don't think it was worse than other things because they didn't realize it was a baby and not an animal. But we will have to agree to disagree because I don't want to rehash other characters' actions in 4A that Emma easily excused. And it's not Emma I am criticizing but the writing that portrays one bad action as worse than a lifetime of selfish choices.
I'm not sure what you mean from 4A but she has had 6-9 weeks to move past all of that.

And again, I think it is expectation. Like, if you mean Regina trapping Sidney in the mirror she expects that sort of thing from her.

But we can disagree ... damn, we were on such a run of agreeing though!
Old 04-13-2015, 06:11 AM
Elite Fan

It's not enough to turn her dark. I'm pretty sure that will only happen when Lily comes to town.
Old 04-13-2015, 06:12 AM
Elite Fan

It's not like David hasn't lied before with covering up the Dreamshade poisoning. Although Snow usually can't keep a secret so I can understand being really shocked. But I do think it is the action more than the lie. And I think she has every right to be upset. My problem is with the idea from the writing staff that one bad action done to protect your child that you immediately regret makes you the worst people ever.

And I specifically meant Hook lying about the dagger and helping Rumple before he had his heart ripped out which put the whole town in danger. Sure he's excused for what happened after. But he did some horrible things and lied about it before his heart was taken. (And on that note I have to go to an appointment).
Old 04-13-2015, 06:13 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
agree. I think their point this arc was to show that heroes do evil things too, but with the villains becoming darker and darker and Zelena who seems the most crazed of them all returning, there is just too much evil on this show.

We have like five villains on the show right now - Rumple, Zelena, Malificent, Cruella and the Author. Plus that revelation of what Snowing did in the past which has upset Emma so much. Plus now a lot of OQ fans are super upset with Robin's decision.

This show has really lost its wonder and spark. In previous seasons they have offset a lot of the sad parts with happy stories too and balanced everything out. In this arc, the only happy moments have been CaptainSwan development and Ursala's redemption.
That's exactly it for me personally. It's losing it's charm and "magic" as far as the wonder of it. It's just nonstop darkness. I mean especially for a Rumbelle fan. This has not been popular from what I can see and it's just too depressing.

And honestly Zelena is so OTT and crazy I think trying to redeem her or bring her back next season will hurt them if that is what they're planning.

The show is just depressing.
Old 04-13-2015, 06:15 AM
Elite Fan

I wonder how Emma will feel about it when she discovers the child is actually her friend.
Old 04-13-2015, 06:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)
That's exactly it for me personally. It's losing it's charm and "magic" as far as the wonder of it. It's just nonstop darkness. I mean especially for a Rumbelle fan. This has not been popular from what I can see and it's just too depressing.

And honestly Zelena is so OTT and crazy I think trying to redeem her or bring her back next season will hurt them if that is what they're planning.

The show is just depressing.
I don't think they are trying to redeem Zelena at this point ... she was deranged in the hospital.

To me though, this show had always been dark. Season 1 with Graham and with Snow being accused of murder and Henry dying ... Season 2 with Johanna. I think Season 3 was the "lightest" season so it's a shock to go dark again.
Old 04-13-2015, 06:19 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
To me though, this show had always been dark. Season 1 with Graham and with Snow being accused of murder and Henry dying ... Season 2 with Johanna. I think Season 3 was the "lightest" season so it's a shock to go dark again
Maybe it's just that we're at the end of the 4th year and looking back there was so much sadness and depressing stuff? I don't know.

I mean as a Rumple fan the show has given me like five minutes of happiness in the past two seasons so...that's just relentless depressing stories, so maybe that's why I see it that way.
Old 04-13-2015, 06:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)
Maybe it's just that we're at the end of the 4th year and looking back there was so much sadness and depressing stuff? I don't know.

I mean as a Rumple fan the show has given me like five minutes of happiness in the past two seasons so...that's just relentless depressing stories, so maybe that's why I see it that way.
Yeah, I think you could say that for a lot of the characters though. As an Emma fan she hasn't had a whole lot to smile about and she has been kicked down a lot.

Regina fans I know feel the same way, too.

I think it just comes with the territory of watching a drama.

Rumple seems to be in this perpetual storyline of "so close" to happiness just to lose it all. I don't think anyone will have truly happy endings until the show comes to an end.
Old 04-13-2015, 06:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

New Thread
Old 04-13-2015, 12:08 PM
MST Manager

Closing.