Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2014, 10:24 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
It is great if it is not murder but they still kidnapped and imprisoned an old man who was not an active threat at the time.

And Regina is very wrong to have kept Sidney still in the asylum and freed him just to imprison him again in the mirror. He was one of her staunchest allies.
True - and I wish that the writers had not gone down this path with these 3 characters.

But still keeping my fingers crossed that they can write things in such a way as to (realistically) come back from these negative plot twists.

That said - I would love it if a guilt-stricken Killian attempts to retrieve the elderly gentleman from the hat's depths - and at the same time - have Rumple realize that since he still possesses the Dagger, that it's actually poisoning him with its evil influence - and then have both Killian and Rumple work together to stop their inner darkness from consuming them.

And - since Regina (with the exception of putting Sidney in the mirror), has lately been making some definite progress on her redemption path, it would be a great plot development if they would have her relent and free Sidney from the mirror, thus further illustrating that she wants to change (and is changing) for the better.

I love redemption plots, so am staying hopeful that the redemption arcs for these characters (while admittedly rather rocky at times), will prevail.
Penny Dreadful "Demimonde of Shadows":http://archiveofourown.org/series/498457
Once Upon a Time Killian / Emma series: https://archiveofourown.org/series/69753

Last edited by earthspirits; 10-23-2014 at 10:31 AM
Old 10-23-2014, 10:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthspirits (View Post)
True - and I wish that the writers had not gone down this path with these 3 characters.

But still keeping my fingers crossed that they can write things in such a way as to (realistically) come back from these negative plot twists.

That said - I would love it if a guilt-stricken Killian attempts to retrieve the elderly gentleman from the hat's depths - and at the same time - have Rumple realize that since he still possesses the Dagger, that it's actually poisoning him with its evil influence - and then have both K and R work together to stop their inner darkness from consuming them.

And - since Regina is (mostly) making excellent progress on her redemption, freeing Sidney would be a wonderful move to further illustrate what a changed woman she is.

I love redemption plots, so am staying hopeful for all 3 of these characters.
I would love it if those things happen
Old 10-23-2014, 10:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I have never noticed an imbalance before and I don't see it now but then I'm always interested in what every character is doing. I don't get the dislike of any character so I can't relate to how you guys feel.
Old 10-23-2014, 10:29 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthspirits (View Post)

That said - I would love it if a guilt-stricken Killian attempts to retrieve the elderly gentleman from the hat's depths - and at the same time - have Rumple realize that since he still possesses the Dagger, that it's actually poisoning him with its evil influence - and then have both K and R work together to stop their inner darkness from consuming them.

And - since Regina (with the exception of putting Sidney in the mirror), been lately making good progress on her redemption path, then her deciding to free Sidney from the mirror, would be a wonderful move to further illustrate what a changed woman she is.

I love redemption plots, so am staying hopeful for all 3 of these characters.
To the writers' ears please. I would love to see them come to redemption on their own.
Old 10-23-2014, 10:34 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
It is great if it is not murder but they still kidnapped and imprisoned an old man who was not an active threat at the time.

And Regina is very wrong to have kept Sidney still in the asylum and freed him just to imprison him again in the mirror. He was one of her staunchest allies.
Even though we all know Sidney was working for Regina in the whole Kathryn abduction, I Always thought he was considered mentally insane and that's why he was put in the asylum.

I think she was entirely wrong to imprison him in the mirror, though. The first time around he imprisoned himself, but this time she should have left him where he could have treatment, because, IMO, he is insane. The obsession he Always had with her is a clear sign of insanity.
Old 10-23-2014, 10:35 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by T'Lynn (View Post)
I have never noticed an imbalance before and I don't see it now but then I'm always interested in what every character is doing. I don't get the dislike of any character so I can't relate to how you guys feel.
I don't dislike any character, but there are characters who I am not invested in at all. I don't hate them, I just don't think they are interesting enough to catch my attention.
Old 10-23-2014, 10:36 AM
Elite Fan

Extended episode? So 8 and 9 are airing in the same night?
Old 10-23-2014, 10:37 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lianamed (View Post)
I don't dislike any character, but there are characters who I am not invested in at all. I don't hate them, I just don't think they are interesting enough to catch my attention.
That is how I am. We just have different ones that interest us. I am not that interested in Regina and Hook but I don't dislike them on their own. I do appreciate their interactions with some of the other characters though. Like Emma and Regina or Hook and Charming or Snow and Regina or Hook and Rumple.

And yes Sidney is mentally unstable but so is Regina (cursing an entire realm because a little girl told a secret that had tragic results) and some of the others.
Old 10-23-2014, 10:51 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by T'Lynn
I think they are making fun of themselves a bit. Rumple even said in 4x02 that that was "an all too common affliction"
Although I don't think Regina had anything to do with it. Elsa has her memory erased too so I'm guessing it's the SQ
yeah, that does allow them endless possibilities. Sadly they can't erase our memories. Would help with some plot holes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lianamed
They made Michael Socha a regular because of the Maleficent arc. If Maleficent arc was about Regina, they wouldn't have to hire a character that is not connected to her at all.
Wasn't Maleficent Regina's best pal? Regina said so. So maybe her arc is about Regina.

As for the book and the mystery author. Pinocchio added pages to the book and he's the one who put it in Snow's appartment. So the book was given to him by someone in the real world. So Regina could find them. It would be a good thing if there was a little mixing with the real world. Hook went to New York and it wasn't as funny as we thought it'd be. Maybe other characters could go as well.
Old 10-23-2014, 10:53 AM
Elite Fan

August did not put the book in Snow's apartment. Snow found it in her closet and gave it to Henry long before he came into town. He took it from Henry's hiding place to add the pages of his story.
Old 10-23-2014, 10:56 AM
Elite Fan

So 4A is still concluding with episode 11 even though episode 8 will be extended by an hour. Interesting.
Old 10-23-2014, 11:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by lianamed (View Post)
They made Michael Socha a regular because of the Maleficent arc. If Maleficent arc was about Regina, they wouldn't have to hire a character that is not connected to her at all.
Actually, we don't know anything other than that Will Scarlett is necessary for the B side of the story, and Maleficent will arrive. How involve is Regina in the story is unknown at this time.

A&E has stated in interviews for the B side - backstories for Robin Hood, Hook and Will are forthcoming. Nothing more. How or if these three men are tied together in some cohesive story - we have to wait and see.

It is now obvious why Socha was immediately up graded to a regular status after OUATIW concluded. They needed to retain him, otherwise he would have moved on to another project and possibly be unavailable for the second half. It wasn't a reflection of anything else other than guarantee his attendance on the show.

Last edited by CityGal; 10-23-2014 at 11:31 AM
Old 10-23-2014, 11:23 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGal (View Post)
Actually, we don't know anything other than that Will Scarlett is necessary for the B side of the story and Maleficent will arrive. How involved is Regina in the story is unknown. A&E has stated in interviews for the B side - backstories for Robin Hood, Hook and Will are forthcoming. Nothing more. How or if these three men are tied together in some cohesive story - we have to wait and see.

It is now obvious why Socha was immediately up graded to a regular status after OUATIW concluded. They needed to retain him, otherwise he would have moved on to another project and possibly be unavailable for the second half. It wasn't a reflection of anything else other than guarantee his attendance on the show.
If anyone is interested in Will's story from OUATIW, here is an essay that explains things.

Found a Dinosaur in My Basement • Who the Bloody Hell is Will Scarlet? (A Wonderland Crash Course in 10 Parts)
Old 10-23-2014, 12:26 PM
FAU
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
So 4A is still concluding with episode 11 even though episode 8 will be extended by an hour. Interesting.
I wonder what's so special about that episode(s), the last time was Emma basically watching her parents meet and fall in love after falling down a time portal with Hook.
Old 10-23-2014, 12:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Excellent essay about Will! That is really all you need to know, I'm going to post that in his thread!