Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2013, 05:30 PM
FAU
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by taragenie (View Post)
VancityFilming who was on set watching Rebecca film tweeted this and then deleted it:
Thanks.
Old 12-07-2013, 06:22 PM
Elite Fan

Well, if she is the witch from the east, I just hope she won't be wearing those striped stockings, or there is no hope for her then.
Old 12-07-2013, 09:05 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonwen (View Post)
But doesn't Warner Bros own Wizard of Oz? I mean she does have her own theme music. But the original movie was made by MGM which is owned by Warner Bros. So not sure how she is a recent Disney villian. The movie with James Franco was Disney? Did she had that famous theme music?

I'm jsut so confused. The only good thing is that it sounds like Rumple and Regina won't be backsliding in their redemption arcs.. yeah!!
The book, The Wizard of Oz, was published in 1900. It's in public domain. The movie is owned by Warner Brothers. Some online reading I did said there was a court case a couple of years ago saying that Warner Brothers owns the distinctive versions of the characters created for the movie. It's like the way a show can do Snow White and not be in trouble. If they do Snow White who's too much like the Disney one, there's a problem.
Old 12-08-2013, 03:34 AM
Elite Fan

Regarding the SQ scenes.

I guess it's possible if Regina ever decides to take her job as mayor seriously, and start trying to protect the town, rather than blow it up, that she and Emma would have more reason to work together, with Emma being the Sheriff and all. After all, any threat that Rebecca Mader's character poses to the town also poses a threat to Henry. So I think they would want to deal with it together.

Their goodbye scene when the curse comes in episode 11 is obviously a flashforward, and whatever must take place before that are the scenes in SB that are being shot now. That's the only explanation I can think of for why they would be in SB and the enchanted forest. So whatever RM's character is up to, she must obviously succeed.

I actually think it would be interesting if this new villain she's playing somehow wins everyone in town over and becomes the new mayor, because they don't know her real identity. But Regina suspects something about her and she asks Emma to back her up on trying to find something out.
Old 12-08-2013, 05:44 AM
Master Fan

I think you could be right and episode 12 is a flash forward and then they'll start showing what led up to it. But where does the new curse come into play? Could the scene of Grumpy yelling about the new curse happen in 12? I can't remember which episode that was shot for.

I also think maybe they will let people think Rumple has died at the end of 11 and they're kind of keeping him under wraps for a little bit?
Old 12-08-2013, 08:53 AM
Loyal Fan

Belated thanks for the new thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)
I think you could be right and episode 12 is a flash forward and then they'll start showing what led up to it. But where does the new curse come into play? Could the scene of Grumpy yelling about the new curse happen in 12? I can't remember which episode that was shot for.

I also think maybe they will let people think Rumple has died at the end of 11 and they're kind of keeping him under wraps for a little bit?
That doesn't seem like too good a strategy considering how many people watch the show for Rumple...

Although I adore Oz, so the Wicked Witch of the West would probably entice me into watching at least the first episode of S3b. Which apparently she isn't in, so--also crappy strategy.

A note about theme songs: Disney movies aren't the only ones that have used this source material. The WWW has appeared in at least two other musicals, Wicked and The Wiz, and there are several songs that might qualify (never seen Wicked, so I'm playing this by ear, but "Defying Gravity" and "I'm Not That Girl"; The Wiz, Evilene's "No Bad News"). And for the record, Rapunzel's witch is the central character (or one of them) in Sondheim's Into the Woods, which would maybe up her cred as an iconic villain and also provide a theme.

Quote:
I'm thinking that the OUAT "twist' to the Wizard of Oz story is related to the two worlds depicted in the original film. The people Dorothy knew in Kansas played roles in Oz: Rebecca's witch is Storybrooke is Miss Gulch, but when we see her in the Oz realm, she'll have the green skin and be The Wicked Witch.
Which I only just now realize is probably one of the biggest influences on the structure of OUAT itself. D'oh!

Calling it: The Wicked Witch is Rumple's mom.

Quote:
VancityFilming who was on set watching Rebecca film tweeted this and then deleted it:
Was he saying that the red coat was a symbol of the ruby slippers, or that she was actually wearing the ruby slippers? Because I thought that was the one detail they weren't allowed to use--the ruby slippers were WB property since they made that change from the original book, which had silver slippers. Or did OUAT recently get permission to use the ruby slippers? Because I think in S2 Rumple had sent Jefferson to Oz to get the silver slippers, but when Neal was at the Dark Castle he mentioned ruby slippers as a method of realm-traveling.

After the debacles that were Wonderland and Neverland, I hope that if RM is playing one of the witches (and IMO it's easier to come back from melting than from having a house dropped on you) they just have her wreak havoc in SB and visit Oz only in tiny, tiny snippets. No ruining my childhood, please. (The Franco movie was bad enough.)

Obligatory fairy tie-in: All the magic in Oz (at least in the books) derived from the fairy Lurline, who was just passing by and enchanted everything in sight.

Obligatory Belle tie-in: Anyone notice how Belle's Swiss Miss maid outfit actually more closely resembles Dorothy's outfit in the WB movie than movie-Belle's? She's even got the basket! Maybe Dorothy was her mother? (Never gonna give up! )

Quote:
I'm happy that Emilie is finally a part of the main characters after two years of waiting for her to get more scenes with the rest of the cast it's finally happened!
She's even got a new FTL outfit. It IS exciting, you're right.

Last edited by Violet Faust; 12-08-2013 at 10:28 AM
Old 12-08-2013, 10:25 AM
Master Fan

I've seen spec about Belle being tied to Dorothy before but I'm not holding my breath, but according to someone on Twitter it seemed like Emilie, along with Lana, Beverly, Lee and some others were all filming a scene at city hall with Rebecca. But it's more than past time Belle gets more connections.

Is it me or are they not promoting the show much anymore. And they have the big Rumbelle reunion tonight and there's been no article or even Adam even talking about it.

But overall there aren't as many articles about the show this year are there?

Anyway, excited about the show tonight.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:36 AM
Obsessed Fan

Did we really get just one sneak peek of this episode?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet Faust (View Post)
Which I only just now realize is probably one of the biggest influences on the structure of OUAT itself. D'oh!

Calling it: The Wicked Witch is Rumple's mom.
God I hope not. Rumple is my favorite character, but I am really tired on him having the plot twist relationship with every villain. They've done it with Cora and Pan. It's not an interesting plot twist anymore if it can be guessed early on because this character always has a relationship with the villain.
Quote:
Obligatory Belle tie-in: Anyone notice how Belle's Swiss Miss maid outfit actually more closely resembles Dorothy's outfit in the WB movie than movie-Belle's? She's even got the basket! Maybe Dorothy was her mother? (Never gonna give up! )
I'm pretty sure that's just a fashion choice. If you watch the DVD feature of the creation of Belle's character, the concept drawing of her outfit was way more like Belle in the movie. When Emilie came in for a fitting they decided on the short sleeve because it looked better on her.

But I am excited about how involved Belle seems to be. We're two episodes in to the new half of the season and she has been filming A LOT with the other characters.

Quote:

I'm pretty sure that the new curse scene where Leroy shouted out that the new curse was coming was for episode 11. It's probably going to be the cliff hanger of the midseason.

I thought for a while that maybe the other characters may think Rumple died but I felt like Belle would then be wearing darker clothes in SB scenes or somehow look like she was in mourning. It doesn't appear that way.

Maybe Rumple is sick because of the loss of his powers and is only doing indoor scenes?
Old 12-08-2013, 10:41 AM
Master Fan

I think there was another outfit Belle wore, in SB, that was blue and she had red shoes. I remember it being mentioned before. But it was probably nothing. I doubt Belle will be related to the Oz story. But I'm really pleased at how much Emilie is filming with the others so that doesn't bother me. . I just hope new character isn't related to Rumple, Snow or Regina.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:08 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I've seen spec about Belle being tied to Dorothy before but I'm not holding my breath, but according to someone on Twitter it seemed like Emilie, along with Lana, Beverly, Lee and some others were all filming a scene at city hall with Rebecca. But it's more than past time Belle gets more connections.
No kidding. Everyone else is related to fifteen thousand other characters; all Belle has is Rumple and Moe the Shmoe, and whenever she even gets a friend (Ruby, Mulan, even Robin) they take him/her away again. I hope we at least get to hear about her and Ariel.

Quote:
Is it me or are they not promoting the show much anymore. And they have the big Rumbelle reunion tonight and there's been no article or even Adam even talking about it.

But overall there aren't as many articles about the show this year are there?
I don't know; TVLine has had two casting announcements, plus the promo, plus two spoilers in their Q&A just this week. Promotion seems about the same; of course they won't promote the Rumbelle reunion because who could possibly care about that?

Quote:
Rumple is my favorite character, but I am really tired on him having the plot twist relationship with every villain. They've done it with Cora and Pan. It's not an interesting plot twist anymore if it can be guessed early on because this character always has a relationship with the villain.
You ain't wrong. I agree, it is stale and predictable. But if it IS obligatory that every new character be connected to Rumple, Regina, or Snow (and it seems to be), I'll always rather it be Rumple.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that's just a fashion choice. If you watch the DVD feature of the creation of Belle's character, the concept drawing of her outfit was way more like Belle in the movie. When Emilie came in for a fitting they decided on the short sleeve because it looked better on her.
Oh, I've no doubt it wasn't part of the character conception (at that point they never intended for Belle to be in more than a handful of episodes), but that doesn't mean they couldn't use it now if they wanted. That seems to be the way a lot of stuff develops on this show.

And um, they do seem to be coloring Emilie's hair a brighter, Judy-Garlandish auburn this season, rather than chestnut brown....Just saying.

Just give Belle somebody, that's all I ask.

Quote:
I think there was another outfit Belle wore, in SB, that was blue and she had red shoes.
She's worn those red shoes several times. There was also some speculation about the little silver kitten-heel shoes she was wearing in FTL...

Possibly all this tells us is that Rumple is a shoe guy.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:26 AM
Absolute Fan

Anyone know if they filmed FTL stuff(not flashbacks) for 13? Maybe we'll only see them in FTL in 12 as a flashforward and after that they'll go back to FTL flashbacks/SB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet Faust (View Post)
I don't know; TVLine has had two casting announcements, plus the promo, plus two spoilers in their Q&A just this week. Promotion seems about the same; of course they won't promote the Rumbelle reunion because who could possibly care about that?
Like half of the SB episode stills were of Rumbelle and they showed part of the kiss in the promo. I say that's plenty considering it's a Snowing centric. There hasn't been much outside promo for this episode though, mostly just that short interview with TVGuide.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:38 AM
Absolute Fan

Oh I just realized that again the Blue Fairy isn't around. She wasn't there for the stuff at town hall, right? Still worried she's the death.
Old 12-08-2013, 12:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by taragenie (View Post)
Oh I just realized that again the Blue Fairy isn't around. She wasn't there for the stuff at town hall, right? Still worried she's the death.
I thought Keegan had posted some Twitter pics on set recently?
Old 12-08-2013, 12:27 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
I thought Keegan had posted some Twitter pics on set recently?
I just checked, she posted one on the 25th(when 12 was being filmed) but she said Beverly took it. Looks like it's from episode 11 because she's in Storybrooke in the pic and 13 hadn't started filming yet. She's either dead, all her scenes are only being filmed in studio, or maybe she goes missing or is trapped somewhere. It's just strange she's missing from scenes she'd usually be in, with the dwarves, granny, and Archie.
Old 12-08-2013, 12:46 PM
Master Fan

Thanks. Hmmm. Maybe she is the one dying.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread