Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2008, 12:28 PM
Dedicated Fan

OTH [NHJ] S&S #148: Subtlety thy name is Nanvil (Not).

NOTE: Please credit Fan Forum if you take anything from this thread. Thank you!

New information is designated with:

Season 5

NOTE: The episodes in which these spoilers take place are unconfirmed
  • Nathan does not cheat on Haley. He loves his family very much.

• Carrie throws herself at Nathan and he rejects her harshly.

• Haley asks for a divorce at some point after catching Nathan/Carrie in a compromising shower situation in 5.09.

• Nathan/Haley do not divorce. They are reconciled by 5.12.

5.06 - "Don't Dream It's Over"

Tentative Air Date: February 5, 2008 @ 9:00PM EST

Writer: Mark Schwahn
Director: Tom Wright
Song Artist: Crowded House

CONFRONTATION ALL AROUND — Lucas (Chad Michael Murray) confronts Peyton (Hilarie Burton) about her harsh treatment of Lindsey (guest star Michaela McManus, "The Beautiful Lie"). Brooke (Sophia Bush) intervenes when Victoria (guest star Daphne Zuniga, "Melrose Place") meddles with Peyton’s record label. Nathan (James Lafferty) grows closer to Jamie’s (Jackson Brundage) live-in nanny, Carrie (guest star Torrey DeVitto, "Beautiful People"), while Haley (Bethany Joy Galeotti) is challenged by her difficult student Quentin (guest star Robbie Jones). Mouth (Lee Norris) is torn between loyalty to his co-workers and his illicit affair with his boss Alice (guest star Kelly Collins Lintz, "Surface"). Antwon Tanner also stars.

5.06 Side Summaries
  • Scene 3: The beginning of the side has a Skills/Nathan scene that is odd. Very odd.Skills states never to date girls named Bevin. He also makes a strange comment about how Santa Claus is black. Nathan asks him if he said anything about the Easter Bunny. Nathan tells him not to say anything about Dan until they can figure out that situation. Skills says that he won't say a word. I think they are talking about something that Skills has told Jamie, because Skills mentions that the "kid" would have asked a lot of questions.

5.07 - "In Da Club"

Tentative Air Date: February 12, 2008 @ 9:00PM EST

Writer: Mike Herro & David Strauss
Director: Greg Prange
Song Artist: 50 Cent

KEVIN FEDERLINE RETURNS AND MUSICAL GROUP THE HONORARY TITLE PERFORM AT TRIC — It's a Tree Hill reunion as the entire gang gathers at Tric to see The Honorary Title perform. While Peyton (Hilarie Burton) and Haley (Bethany JoyGaleotti) see this as an opportunity to introduce their musical act, Carrie (guest star Torrey DeVitto, "Beautiful People") sees it as a chance to get closer to Nathan (James Lafferty). Brooke (Sophia Bush) forces an unsuspecting Mouth (Lee Norris) to go on a blind date with Millicent (guest star Lisa Goldstein). Lindsey (guest star Michaela McManus, "The Beautiful Lie") confronts Lucas (Chad Michael Murray) about sneaking off to see Peyton. Antwon Tanner also stars.

5.07 General Spoilers
  • Lindsey has lightened her hair to the same shade as Peyton's. Haley comments on the change in a scene with Lindsey. (Credit to Erin/Taylor)

• Haley and Nathan are talking at the bar. Brooke walks up to NH complaining about her mom. Haley replies back, "Hey, I'm a mom too." Brooke says that doesn't count b/c she was married and pregnant by the time she graduated high school, so she will be in a home by the time she turns 35. I don't think Brooke was insulting Haley. I think it was just supposed to be funny. Brooke walks away and Haley then tells Nathan she has to go backstage.

• Carrie is at the bar. Jason approaches and asks to buy her a drink. Nathan intervenes and sit down in the chair next to Carrie and tells Jason to back off. Jason walks away. Carrie walks away. Quentin approaches Nathan and comments that he shouldn't look so jealous since his wife is in the same bar as he is. Nathan replies back that Quentin is stupid because he is hanging out in the same bar as his coach. Quentin walks away. Camera stays on Nathan sitting alone.

• Nathan is drinking water at the bar. Carrie comes up to him. She is dressed in a short, red halter dress Nathan comments that she looks nice. She says something like, "Thanks. It's about to come off." She also asks where Haley is and then orders two shots. She asks why Nathan isn't drinking and he says something about how he is trying to change.

• Fight: Jason grabs Haley's ass, and Nathan pushes him. The scene has Mia, Haley, Peyton, Nathan, Quentin and Carrie. Carrie is watching with the crowd gathered around. After Nathan pushes Jason, Quentin steps in and punches Jason. Nathan stops Quentin from causing more harm and pulls him away.

• Later, NH argue about Nathan's fight with Jason. Haley doesn't like how Nathan always thinks that she is some damsel in distress. She reminds him that the last fight in a bar led to something really bad happening.

• Haley comments on how Nathan is drinking water and he says that he is trying to be responsible. Quentin comes up to talk with them. Haley grabs a drink that was apparently Quentin's and hands to someone else.

• Haley/Lindsey scene: Lindsey is ranting to Haley about Peyton. (Peyton overhears) Lindsey rants that Peyton used to be just a character in a book, but now she's come to life. She admits maybe she's just paranoid. But she also said it just seems like everything they do (meaning L/L) involves Peyton somehow.

• Peyton/Haley scene: Peyton is actually the one who interrupts the Haley/Lindsey conversation. She tells Haley that she has to talk with her, and then when Haley goes with her, Peyton tells her that she was just trying to get her away from Lindsey. Then the two talk about Mia's upcoming performance and if she is excited or nervous.

• Owen puts a check in a martini glass and hands it to Lucas. Peyton glares at Lucas from across the room. Lucas admits that he's having a hard time being friends with Peyton. Nathan says that it was easier with him and Peyton because they were never in love. Lucas says that Lindsey is mad too, but Nathan points out that Lucas seems more upset about the Peyton thing. (Credit to meluvsjames)

• After this L/N exchange, Carrie walks up and asks Nathan a question about girlfriends and exes. (Credit to meluvsjames)

• Owen pours a drink and Lucas assumes that Quentin is going to drink it. Quentin makes a joke about it, and then Nathan comes and takes the drink claiming it as his. (Credit to meluvsjames)

• Nathan is still limping.

5.07 Filming Spoilers
  • Scene 30: "There was a scene between Peyton and Haley. This also happened to be the scene where Mia gets up and sings. When she gets to the mic, Jason (K-Fed) yells, 'You suck; get off the stage, ho!' then Nathan tells him, 'why don't you shut the hell up.' She sings and then Peyton and Haley congratulate her on a really good job and then all three join in on a group hug." (Credit to Taylor)

• "In the scene where Carrie is taking shots, there is a conversation with Nathan where she mentions something that happened with Jamie, from the looks of it something not so good happened. Nathan tells Carrie not to tell Haley. As of episode 5.07 there is absolutely nothing romantic between Nathan and Carrie." (Credit to Taylor)

5.07 Side Summaries
  • Scene 12: Tric. Carrie approaches Nathan and asks what he and Lucas have been talking about. Nathan tells her they have been talking about exes. Smiling, Carrie asks if he means girlfriends or wives.

5.08 - "Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want"

Tentative Air Date: February 19, 2008 @ 9:00PM EST

Writer: Mike Daniels
Director: Paul Johansson
Song Artist: The Smiths

PEYTON CONFESSES HER FEELINGS TO LUCAS — Peyton (Hilarie Burton) admits her true feelings to Lucas (Chad Michael Murray). Brooke (Sophia Bush) makes a play for Owen (guest star Joe Manganiello, “ER”) and Mouth (Lee Norris) tries to convince Millicent (guest star Lisa Goldstein) he’s a better man than she thinks he is. Haley (Bethany Joy Galeotti) wrestles with whether or not to reveal information that could ruin Lucas’ relationship, and Nathan (James Lafferty) is put in a position that could spell the end of his marriage. Lucas and Skills (Antwon Tanner) face the coaching prospect of playing their season opener at a disadvantage.

5.08 General Spoilers
  • Haley has a serious discussion with Lucas about his engagement. She wants to make sure that he knows what he is doing and that he understands that marriage is a serious thing.

• Nathan is helping coach the Ravens now.

5.08 Side Summaries
  • Scene 14- Skills is apparently congratulating Lucas on the new lucky woman in his life. He jokes about who it is, and Lucas is like, "It's Lindsey, of course." Nathan says that it's a legitimate comment considering that Peyton is in town, and Skills says that Brooke is around too. Quentin enters the office with a bandage on his wrist.

• Scene 15- Nathan/Quentin clash in a locker room scene. Quentin has apparently sprained his wrist for hitting a guy while defending Haley's honor. Quentin says that he did it because Nathan wasn't man enough to do it. Nathan corrects him saying, "My wife's honor isn't something some loudmouth in a bar can take away." Nathan stalks away when the trainer says Quentin could be out as long as a month. Quentin calls out to Nathan saying he knows what Nathan really wants to ask and the answer is it felt damn good to lay that guy out for his wife.

5.09 - "For Tonight You're Only Here To Know"

Tentative Air Date: February 26, 2008 @ 9:00PM EST

Writer: ???
Director: Joe Davola
Song Artist: The Distillers

5.09 General Spoilers
  • Carrie walks in behind Nathan in the shower and for a second he thinks she's Haley. Of course, Haley walks in and witnesses this scene. Carrie's fired on the spot.

• The Ravens are playing their first basketball game of the season. It's Lucas's first game as the coach and Nathan's as an assistant coach.

• Some awkwardness abounds as Peyton has to witness Brooke and Haley hanging out with Lindsey.

5.10 - "Running To Stand Still"

Tentative Air Date: March 4, 2008 @ 9:00PM EST

Director: ???
Song Artist: U2

5.10 Side Summaries
  • Scene 23: Lucas and Nathan are driving to Dan's parole hearing in Nathan's Range Rover. Lucas asks how it went with Haley. Nathan tells him she'll need some time, and Lucas tells Nathan to give it to her as Nathan owes her that. Nathan makes a comment on how it would have been nice for them to have a father to go to for advice.

• Scene 26: Nathan/Lucas at Dan's parole hearing: Dan makes a speech to the parole board about how if he's allowed parole, he'll devote his time to helping his family and those he hurt by his actions. Lucas, clearly not buying this, tells the parole board that Dan abandoned him and that Keith was always there for him. Lucas states that he's getting married next week, and that Keith would have been his best man. Lucas asks how a father can hope to be an influence on sons who have never come to visit him in prison. The parole administrator states that the file indicates that Nathan recently came to visit Dan. Lucas is startled by this.

5.11 - "You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side"

Tentative Air Date: March 11, 2008 @ 9:00PM EST

Director: Michael J. Leone
Song Artist: Morrissey

5.11 General Spoilers
  • No information currently available.

5.12 - "Hundred"

Tentative Air Date: March 18, 2008 @ 9:00PM EST

Writer: Mark Schwahn
Director: Les Butler
Song Artist: The Fray

5.12 General Spoilers
  • Final episode to be filmed for 2007.

• Carrie kidnaps Jamie from Lucas and Lindsey's wedding, but a seemingly reformed Dan saves him. However, when Dan is later found with Jamie, the episode ends on a cliffhanger with everyone assuming that he was the kidnapper.

• Nathan gives Lucas advice to go after Lindsey. He tells him to look into his heart and if she is still there to go after her. Lucas says that he still wants to be with her so Nathan tells him to go find her. Of course there is more brotherly love in this scene including a hug so that's something. (Credit to Taylor)

• The last scene in the last episode will include all the cast members... and will have an interesting ending.

• There is a Naley flashback that happens sometime after they get married and before Haley gets pregnant where her and Nathan discuss their future and their plans to have kids. This is when the "I will love you forever" line happens. I wasn't going to mention the shower fiasco because it came from a anonymous source of mine and I didn't want all hell breaking loose. But Carrie is fired because she gets in the shower naked with Nathan and Haley walks in shortly after. In the flashback Haley says, "I want a little boy with your eyes," and Nathan responds with, "I want a little girl just like you." My source on this scene is very accurate. This flashback will air in 5.12. (Credit to Taylor)

5.12 Filming Spoilers
  • "We started off by filming Haley walking down the aisle as the maid of honor, next was Jamie as the ring bearer, Lily as the flower girl and finally Lindsey walked down the isle to 'Here Comes the Bride'. Next we filmed the scene where Lindsey runs out of the church, and she does in fact run, and Haley runs out after her. "We also filmed a scene where Peyton has a 'dream' or it is considered a dream sequence. The extras were asked to stand right outside of the door to throw birdseed up in the air. I thought it would be Lucas and Lindsey of coarse but it happened to be Lucas and Peyton and Haley and Brooke both are there as Peyton's bridesmaids in matching teal dresses. "Nathan and Haley are on very shaky ground at this point. I was under the impression that they aren't even living together at this point and time. They were very distant at the wedding. "Torrey's (Carrie's) hair is now black, Jackson had his blond up until Friday. Haley is wearing a black dress with some lace, she looks very beautiful. Peyton is in a strapless grey dress with black beads on it and Brooke is in a knee length purple strapless dress, all of the girls looked gorgeous! Nathan is in a black suit with a black bow tie." (Credit to Taylor)

5.12 Side Summaries
  • Scenes 24-26: Flashback. Nathan promises Haley that he's going to love her forever, and they kiss as we hear a string quartet begin to play in the church. Present day inside the church. Lindsey appears behind Jamie and Lily, the ring bearer and flower girl, as the wedding march begins. On the balcony, the organist sees the back of a woman watching the wedding taking place below. Mentioning that she may like to find a seat with everyone else, the woman responds that she's fine where she is. She then informs the organist that "my son's the ring bearer." Turning around, she is revealed to be Carrie, Jamie's former nanny, and she is wearing an "eerie grin" as we reach the end of Act 1.

• Scene 27: Inside the church. Lucas and Lindsey's wedding. The kids (Jamie/Lily) are leading Lindsey down the aisle as Nanny Carrie watches from above. As Lily passes Peyton, she tosses petals into the air prompting a flashback to 4.09 from Peyton.

• Scene 29: Brooke walks up to the front to begin her reading, as she does this Nathan steals a glance at Haley.

• Scene 32: Lucas slips a ring on Lindsey's finger as Jamie whispers to Skills he has to go to the bathroom. Skills doesn't want him to go alone, but Jamie pleads saying Lily will make fun of him and that he knows where it is. Skills agrees making him promise to come right back.

• Scene 33: In the foyer, Jamie runs into Carrie, shocked to see her. He hugs her and she lies to him saying his mom and dad said she could be with him again, then urges him to go with her. He protests, but she tells him she loves him and asks if he trusts her. He takes her hand.

• Scene 43: Outside the church. Nathan comes up to Haley, Skills, Karen and Andy. Haley starts to panic and tells Nathan they can't find Jamie and that Dan was there earlier. Haley says she told Dan not to come into the church and her words become frantic. Nathan rushes out into the street to stop a police car. Nathan tells them his son is missing. The cops don't believe him at first and wonder if he's had a few drinks at the reception. Nathan goes off, not believing the cop is asking him that when his son is missing. He tells them his name and that his father is Dan Scott, a murderer. Haley and the rest reach Nathan. The policeman asks for a description. Haley notes Nathan's strength and springs into action. She tells the cop her son is 4 and a half years old, was wearing a black tuxedo, has blue eyes and sandy blonde hair.

• Scene 44: Carrie in a motel bathroom washing the dye out of Jamie's hair. She tells him this will be so fun, he'll have black hair just like her. Jamie thinks his mama will be mad. Carrie smiles and pushes his head back under the faucet, quietly, to herself, telling him that she's going to be his mama now. Her grin turns a bit warped and that's the end of Act 4.

Season 5/Season 6

NOTE: Predictions are not spoilers - at least not yet!
  • Haley will discover she is pregnant while she and Nathan are estranged.

This compilation was last updated on February 1, 2008.

Special thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread including: Micfall, The CW, OTHFans, TV Guide, E! Online, True Love, Rebecca, Susan, Mal, and other miscellaneous and anonymous sources!

Please remember ALL spoilers and episode titles are subject to change.

Old 02-02-2008, 12:30 PM
Dedicated Fan

5.07 - "In Da Club"

View More NHJ Stills

5.12 - "Hundred"

View More NHJ Stills
Old 02-02-2008, 12:32 PM
Dedicated Fan

(Credit: Laurie @ LP thread)

Fast Forward on The Scott Family
(interviews with Joy and James)

Fast Forward on New Faces
(NH scene and interviews about Jackson)

Episode 5.06 Promotional Ad
(Includes questionable scenes between Nathan and Carrie)

5.06 Preview Scene: Nathan/Haley/Jamie/Carrie
(Nathan, Jamie, Carrie in the pool; Haley watches)

5.06 Preview Scene: Haley/Peyton/Lindsey
(Haley, Peyton disagree about Lindsey in the studio; Lindsey overhears)

5.06 Preview Scene: Nathan/Skills
(Nathan, Skills discuss what Jamie knows about Dan)

5.06 Preview Scene: Nathan/Carrie
(Horrible, horrible. Carrie hits on Nathan)

(Credit: teamSCHWAHN)

Old 02-02-2008, 12:38 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Hey SUSAN!... i don't know whether you believe me or not But you should watch that shower Scene. You know why?.... All i heard is Haley said some really really interesting comments to Nathan. Don't believe me but you should watch that.
How about this? You watch it and then give me a transcript. No way, no how will I be watching the rest of this season. I'm just going to read what you guys say and listen to what my sister says. I'm not putting myself through that.

Although I will love it if Haley called him on all the crap he put her through for the entire span of their relationship...including how he always forgets he's married when he's around other women and lies to her about every single important thing.

Maybe J would make me a sound clip.

Thanks for the new thread.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:39 PM
Absolute Fan

thanks for the new thread!

And, from the other thread, thank you for the timeline Rebecca!

ETA: Susan, I wish I could stop watching...

so about the sneak peak with Carrie/Nathan/pants... Seriously, where does Schwahn come up with these things?!?!? (*in Mark's dark layer*) "hmm (*evil laugh*) I think that... THE NANNY SHOULD HELP NATHAN PUT ON HIS PANTS!!!!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!"
Old 02-02-2008, 12:40 PM
Total Fan

I truly hope Haley doesn't call him on shiz that is not relevant to their freaking relationship anymore. If she does I'll be pissed...at her! If it was a non-issue between then then then it should be a non-issue now.

I already have a feeling that I'm going to lean more toward Nathan's side in this if Haley acts like a raving biotch after the shower thing. If Nathan's only crime is being a naive dodobrain as opposed to Haley actively trying to hurt him because she's hurt. So I HOPE it doesnt play out that way.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:44 PM
Dedicated Fan

Here's the timeline Rebecca posted in the last thread:

5.06 - Carrie coming on to Nate; interaction between them; Haley starting to get paranoid about NC; NH preoccupied with Jamie/Dan; Haley busy with Mia and Quentin.
5.07 - Same as 6 except that NC don't have any alone scenes; all of the Tric stuff
5.08 - Carrie throws herself at him, is rejected...tells Haley some lies; Nathan preoccupied with Quentin
5.09 - Haley talks with the other females about NC (probably); Nathan preparing for first game; showergate; Carrie fired
5.10 - Nathan preoccupied with Dan and marriage; Carrie gone
5.11- NH start to piece together everything; come to the conclusion that Carrie is the one to blame...reconciliation at the end(?)
5.12 - ...or is reconciliation at the beginning(?)...Wedding; Carrie's back....Dan's redemption sets up the question, "How much do they allow him in their lives?"

Should this go in the OP?

I would hope Haley wouldn't give a laundry list of past mistakes, as that's not really conducive to a marriage (if you forgive, you forgive and move on IMO) BUT I wouldn't be surprised if in the heat of everything she kind of goes of the rails a bit. I do hope we see her telling him how the past 4 months + all this Carrie crap have made her feel though.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:45 PM
Loyal Fan

Thanks for the new thread. I missed an entire thread.

Wow, Nathan looks so uncomfortable in that clip. Why is it that when he calls for his wife he gets everyone but her?

ETA: I have a feeling that Nathan is going to be so pissed and worried about Haley after the shower thing and Haley is going to think what Carrie has been saying is right and go for the thing she know will hurt Nathan most instead of actually listening to what is being said. If she brings up past things, that's not right. This is about the present. She is the one who is always saying that his past doesn't matter, so how hypocritical does it look if she brings it up now? I understand being hurt and upset but to do something like that is wrong, especially when she knows how deeply bringing that stuff up with hurt Nathan.
You are my purpose, you're everything.

Last edited by TrueBlue; 02-02-2008 at 12:50 PM
Old 02-02-2008, 12:52 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
If Nathan's only crime is being a naive dodobrain
The way that last clip played out, Nathan was not naive to it though. I agree she shouldn't throw every past mistake in his face, but I think Haley has a right to freak out and act irrationally in the moment.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:58 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by izziejames (View Post)
The way that last clip played out, Nathan was not naive to it though. I agree she shouldn't throw every past mistake in his face, but I think Haley has a right to freak out and act irrationally in the moment.
Nathan is naive to the fact that he doesn't believe that Carrie would do anything more than to flirt with him. The entire point of that scene, besides to show how skanky Carrie is, were Nathan's words "Haley likes you." There is a naivety to what Carrie's true intention are. I've told married guys they look hot before and they have laughed at the comment. They laugh because they think it's just good natured playing around, which it is. So, Nathan is going to think the same thing with Carrie, not realizing she psycho and that if he gives her an inch, by being nice, that she's going to take over his whole life. Could you imagine what Haley would do if Carrie spun some sob story about how Nathan hates her and how he was so incredibly mean to her? He's kind of between a rock and a hard place here, with not a lot of wiggle room on either side.
Old 02-02-2008, 01:02 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the new thread, Izzie. It might help to put the timeline in the OP.

I think I'm beyond the point of siding with one character or another with this storyline. I'm just that flabbergasted and that irritated with where it's going that at this point, there is no rhyme or reason why Nathan or Haley react the way they will. It's all for drama's sake--all plot driven as opposed to character driven. Nothing makes sense.

Wait...is there any confirmation that Haley brings up Nathan's past after the shower incident? Or are we just speculating until the next NC clip/spoiler comes out? LOL.
Old 02-02-2008, 01:04 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
The way that last clip played out, Nathan was not naive to it though.
He's naive if for whatever reason he thinks he can just ignore it or if he doesnt address it and it'll go away. No, these things have a tendancy to build.

Quote:
I agree she shouldn't throw every past mistake in his face, but I think Haley has a right to freak out and act irrationally in the moment.
Just as I'll probably be irrationally resentful of Haley's scorn because I'll know of Nathan's innocence. It's a tangled web.
Old 02-02-2008, 01:08 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsnlights (View Post)
Thanks for the new thread, Izzie. It might help to put the timeline in the OP.

I think I'm beyond the point of siding with one character or another with this storyline. I'm just that flabbergasted and that irritated with where it's going that at this point, there is no rhyme or reason why Nathan or Haley react the way they will. It's all for drama's sake--all plot driven as opposed to character driven. Nothing makes sense.

Wait...is there any confirmation that Haley brings up Nathan's past after the shower incident? Or are we just speculating until the next NC clip/spoiler comes out? LOL.
I'm not siding with either of them because I don't think that taking sides is necessary since they are both at fault to some extent in my mind. I think that both NH are being written completely out of character for, as you said, the sake of drama. However, I don't like to see Nathan raked over the coals because of something that is not entirely his fault, his only faults to me would be not firing her himself before Showergate and not telling Haley about everything that is going on. This storyline is completely pointless but it's not the end of the world.

Ravens Lover said in the last thread that Haley had some interesting things to say to Nathan after the shower incident.
Old 02-02-2008, 01:09 PM
Dedicated Fan

I find it to be a different animal because she's their employee. It's just really inappropriate for her to be flirting with him. She's making him uncomfortable in that clip, clearly, especially with the last little comment about getting turned on by him being shirtless. He also now knows (or at least is being told by Carrie) that Haley's uncomfortable with Carrie in a bikini. That should set off some signals in Nate's head, IMO, to discuss this with Haley. Nathan can't be totally clueless that Haley gets insecure at times, since she's generally told him herself (porn, Peyton, Taylor, Rachel, STD), so this comment from Carrie to Nathan should make him more sensitive to how his wife feels. I've been told I'm a big flirt, but my husband once told me it bothered him when a mutual friend and I sort of bantered. Now I definitely don't do that with this one person, since it hurts him, and I am much more aware of my actions in general. It's just about respect IMO and a little sensitivity to your partner's feelings goes along way.

Carrie can't spin a sob story to Haley if Nathan says, hey, this is weird but Carrie's been flirting with me, what should we do? But then Mark couldn't have showergate, I guess. It just paints them both in a bad light, but IMO, Nathan has more responsibility here.

Quote:
This is very true though! It's just stupid. Let's just blame Mark instead.
Old 02-02-2008, 01:10 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Eh. I say she should go for it. I hope she reads him the riot act. He put her through hell and back when she came back from the tour and made such a big deal about trusting her...and now he's still not trusting her even after everything they've been through (and is constantly lying to her face and acting inappropriately around other women). Without mutual trust, you can't have an effective partnership.

Furthermore, she stuck by him for four months while he tortured his family with his drinking, pod behavior, and bad BO. Then, the first thing he does after trying to figure things out is get caught up with the nanny and expose their son to his murderer father. So, I am more than happy to see Haley stand up for herself. We didn't get to see any big blowout after the Rachel thing, the Daunte thing, and the sex tape. It's all been swept under the rug. A Haley blowup is LONG overdue. Haley's always being hurt by his actions, whether its his intention or not. I want her to tell him how it all makes her feel.

Nathan didn't just slip on some banana peel here, folks. His behavior is directly driving a large part of this storyline. Carrie's just a plot point. He chooses how to react when he's around her.

I hate how everyone has a tendency to baby Nathan because he's so "stupid" and "slow" and "naive", but everyone jumps on Haley for simply being human.

Quote:
The way that last clip played out, Nathan was not naive to it though.
That's what my sister said after she watched the clip. She said that Nathan has a moment of realization at the end there. Nathan's not naive to her game...and yet he still chooses to act irresponsibly. He's hardly an innocent, little flower.

Quote:
Just as I'll probably be irrationally resentful of Haley's scorn because I'll know of Nathan's innocence. It's a tangled web.
Since when did you become so Team Nathan? I thought Haley was your girl and you were protective of her?