Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2013, 03:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I like that group shot, Klaus, Rebekah, Elijah look the best. Who is that girl beside Elijah? Is that Davina
Old 10-10-2013, 03:15 PM
Master Fan

^^ yes, that's her
x
Old 10-10-2013, 04:11 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahfan (View Post)
Decent convo really has nothing to do with it. This is a pretty commonly used trope in story telling, especially on the CW.
You asked if anyone else had vibes from K/H, so that makes it easy to assume you're referring to their last encounter. Therefore I'm going to reference the convo, and while I don't expect everyone to read interviews and spoilers, those were all enough to judge the fate of that relationship, the actress had way too much hate (for a role she didn't write nonetheless) for them to reboot those two together. Plec is predictable, but when something doesn't work out with fans she doesn't reboot it.

Quote:
And whether or not you got romantic vibes from it is a whole other discussion.
Then let's discuss it. He's told several characters "we have something in common" and it's supposed to stand out with her just because she's pregnant? And I thought only klaroline fans took this scene out of proportion
Old 10-10-2013, 04:23 PM
Master Fan

Flora
KC are a very sane group of people! don't badmouth them
I don't know if they'll ever take the Klayley route, but pls if anyone got offended because he said Hayley they have something in common, kill me now!
x
Old 10-10-2013, 04:25 PM
Banned

TO is a very unique show based on what I've seen so far. It seems like every character is complex and have their own reason for whatever it is they do. Klaus is motivated by his desire to reclaim power. Rebekah wants to save her Elijah. Elijah wants to save Klaus humanity. It's unclear what Marcel wants at this point. Every last one of them would do something to distasteful or flat out evil to accomplish these goals. There are no good or bad guys on this show and I like that.

I don't know why everyone hates Marcel. He's the best character on the show in my opinion. He has the brains, ambition, charisma, swag, etc. Right now he's the boss. He got the wolves, witches, and vampires in check. This feud between him and Klaus is going to be interesting to watch. Klaus set the foundation for Marcel's empire and feel it belongs to him. While Marcel feels that he built his empire and it's all his. I can't wait to see some more Marcel and Rebekah scenes. There scenes were freaking HOT! I'm shipping those two. They have more chemistry than any other pairing on the show.
Old 10-10-2013, 04:29 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Babi* (View Post)
Flora
KC are a very sane group of people! don't badmouth them
I don't know if they'll ever take the Klayley route, but pls if anyone got offended because he said Hayley they have something in common, kill me now!
Plec repeated herself all summer about klayley not happening again and while I don't trust what she usually says, I do know she's scared of fans. After the hate, I doubt Tonkin herself would be comfortable with it. And it's not even just klaroline fandom to take in account, the press didn't care for it and there wasn't a fanbase big enough to reboot it. They'll set her up with Elijah
Old 10-10-2013, 04:44 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora. (View Post)
And I thought only klaroline fans took this scene out of proportion
Some reactions were hilarious! says the girl who pretended Klaus was talking to a wall

Quote:
Plec repeated herself all summer about klayley not happening again and while I don't trust what she usually says, I do know she's scared of fans. After the hate, I doubt Tonkin herself would be comfortable with it. And it's not even just klaroline fandom to take in account, the press didn't care for it and there wasn't a fanbase big enough to reboot it. They'll set her up with Elijah
Pretty much. I don't trust Plec most of the time, but I think she was being honest when she said she isn't taking the Klayley rout again. She's all for popularity and Klayley's is pretty low. I don't think she wants to go through the post 4x16 fandom meltdown again. None of them do.

» Bella
Old 10-10-2013, 04:50 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
She's all for popularity and Klayley's is pretty low. I don't think she wants to go through the post 4x16 fandom meltdown again. None of them do.
Exactly, that's why it's a bit ridic to suggest it could get rebooted. Even if they build a new audience who isn't waiting for Caroline to crossover, it'd still be a suicide mission to do anything romantic with H/K, and as for H/E, Klaus usually never cares when Elijah takes his leftovers.

It wouldn't be good for the cast either, especially for Tonkin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilicat (View Post)
says the girl who pretended Klaus was talking to a wall
Wait, you mean he wasn't? I need to stop drinking.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:07 PM
Elite Fan

I don't know what y'all were talking about because I'm too lazy to read the posts, but I thought I would say before I went out.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:33 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmbacon (View Post)
I don't know what y'all were talking about because I'm too lazy to read the posts, but I thought I would say before I went out.
u betch, at least get on skype
Old 10-10-2013, 06:53 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
You asked if anyone else had vibes from K/H, so that makes it easy to assume you're referring to their last encounter. Therefore I'm going to reference the convo, and while I don't expect everyone to read interviews and spoilers, those were all enough to judge the fate of that relationship, the actress had way too much hate (for a role she didn't write nonetheless) for them to reboot those two together. Plec is predictable, but when something doesn't work out with fans she doesn't reboot it.

Then let's discuss it. He's told several characters "we have something in common" and it's supposed to stand out with her just because she's pregnant? And I thought only klaroline fans took this scene out of proportion
Or you could assume that I'm referring to all 3 versions of that darn pilot and ep two. Especially since I also talked about Haley/Elijah. If you assumed that, you'd be on the right track because I didn't reference any particular scene. As I stated, it's a standard plotline development and seems rather obvious to me (not to be interpreted as definite or destined). I read spoilers and interviews, but not for this show or TVD. I haven't watched TVD since season 2 so I don't know about the hate, but I really don't think that matters. If so, she'd have knocked up somone else with the wolf hybrid child. I honestly get the feeling that Plec likes the hate and bad press or good, doesn't matter. It's press. So, I don't think it makes sense to make defenitive statements or exclude anything either way. I mean, bringing Haley and Klaus on this show with the whole baby thing is basically a mini "reboot" in and of itself. And you're probably talking to a pretty objective fan since I'm not really into anything dealing with TVD fandom. I know these characters have a lot of fans and fan expectations from their time on TVD, but that really doesn't apply to me.

And the second part of my reply wasn't to you. Again, that statement, don't understand why you're grabbing on to that particular scene. I'm not a Klaroline fan and I don't really care to call out fanbases, but why are you taking it out of proportion? I don't see it as an argument for or against anything which is why I made a very general statement about vibes. I also got vibes from Cami/Marcel in the backdoor pilot. Some vibes are spot on, some aren't. Time will tell. At any rate, those vibes could turn into many things- romance, kinship, strong friendship. Who knows.

Love was here. It made me complete, happy. How could I easily let it go?

my LJ - Icon credit is Luv!
Old 10-10-2013, 07:18 PM
Master Fan

I wasn't calling you a klaroline fan, it is mainly klaroline fans who exaggerated the scene. It is easy to think that only they would overreact.

Quote:
I haven't watched TVD since season 2 so I don't know about the hate, but I really don't think that matters. If so, she'd have knocked up somone else with the wolf hybrid child.
It very much matters. They didn't knock someone else up because they weren't doubting Hayleys character at the time, meaning they didn't expect her to gain so much hate, it's possible they were itching for her to have enough fans to drop klaroline. When that backfired, they had to assure everyone it wouldn't happen again. As you said, you don't get into the fandoms, so there's the story.

Quote:
I know these characters have a lot of fans and fan expectations from their time on TVD, but that really doesn't apply to me.
It's not about you. It's about the fans and the fact that they scare the producers, so why would they attempt a klayley reboot if the first try bombed?

The point is, if it didn't work the first time, they're not going to reboot it and try again. It doesn't matter if it's a common trope. They've never done it before and the actress received too much stress from it, why would the producers create stress for themselves and the actress? You could argue they will attempt it after Hayley becomes likeable, but I doubt they'll do it again.

It may be a trope, but not every baby mama on television reunited with the guy.

Last edited by soldier of affinity; 10-10-2013 at 07:24 PM
Old 10-10-2013, 08:53 PM
Loyal Fan

Still from 1x04

‘The Originals’ first look: Davina attacks Klaus in ‘Girl in New Orleans’ - Zap2it
Old 10-10-2013, 08:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Is that meant to be Davina? Because that girl looks blonde

Could just be the light, I guess.
Old 10-10-2013, 09:04 PM
Moderator Manager

Is it just me, or does it look like Klaus is holding someone (maybe using as a shield) in the pic?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread