Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2012, 05:14 PM
PWC
Loyal Fan

I assumed Cricket Game was a reference to the cricket game the Queen of Hearts plays in Alice in Wonderland. I just can't imagine the first ep after the break would be focused on a relatively minor character like Archie.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:44 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by katedotd (View Post)
In the podcast(available now at iTunes) for Queen of Hearts, Eddie and Adam do explain that the hat Emma made was not magical. Jefferson survived the fall, and took off into Storybrooke.
I am talking about in the scene with Regina. That hat started when Emma touched it. That was magic.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:55 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthea (View Post)

There is something I don't get it and is driving me crazy. Aurora is the daughter of sleeping beauty (Eddy and Adam confirm it), so her parents were true love, because her mother wake up many years ago. How is possible Hook could take her heart? And Cora was unable to take Emma's?
The only thing that make some sense to me is that maybe Emma's parents are also the product of true love. Snow's parents love really much and also Ruth (charming's mother) and her husband.... and that is what makes Emma so special?
I think this will be explored why Emma is unique and different from other couples like Cinderella's baby etc. But my theory is, it could add to the fact that Snow drank Lake Nostros water to be able to have Emma which also required Charming's mother's sacrifice. And maybe that the curse itself, developed through so many years and involving the saviour who will be able to defeat the curse was designed for Emma not other True love kids.

"I will always find you."
Old 12-03-2012, 09:42 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWC (View Post)
I assumed Cricket Game was a reference to the cricket game the Queen of Hearts plays in Alice in Wonderland. I just can't imagine the first ep after the break would be focused on a relatively minor character like Archie.
I think that the episode will be about Archie because with a name like "Cricket Game" it would be strange if he wasn't a prominent character. We've also been hearing a lot from Raphael Sbarge that Archie will play a prominent role in upcoming episodes.

But I agree that it's strange to have an episode focus on Archie after everything that just happened. I'm sure it will still be a good episode though. It looks like a lot of stuff is going to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessB (View Post)
I think this will be explored why Emma is unique and different from other couples like Cinderella's baby etc. But my theory is, it could add to the fact that Snow drank Lake Nostros water to be able to have Emma which also required Charming's mother's sacrifice. And maybe that the curse itself, developed through so many years and involving the saviour who will be able to defeat the curse was designed for Emma not other True love kids.
Ooooooo...I like that theory

I'm pretty sure we will get further explanation of why Emma has magic. I'm sure it isn't just because her parents shared true love, or else there would be a lot more magical people running around Storybrooke. I'm sure Rumpelstiltskin knows the answer. He went through a lot of trouble to make sure Snow and Charming ended up together and had Emma. Maybe he predicted or someone else predicted for him that Emma would have the power to break his curse.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:17 AM
Passionate Fan

Reasons Emma's magic may be different -

1. Emma's parents may both be products of true love,

2. Lake Nostros may be part of her magic,

3. Rumple may have done something when he touched Snow while she was expecting Emma,

4. The true love of Emma's parents was used to shape part of the curse, making Emma the savior. So, Emma, the product of true love, has lived in a land partly created with that true love,

5. Emma is the savior and was known to be the savior. If hopes and dreams shape magic in FTL, then an awful lot of that focused on Emma,

6. Other - There may still be things we don't know. One is that Rumple went through a lot of trouble to make Charming a prince. Although he didn't interact with Snow till much later, he had an interest in Regina since possibly before she was born - and seems to have had quite a bit to do with Cora. I don't know what pieces he was lining up, but that's an awful lot of threads he was gathering together right there.

Side thing: Children not born of true love can be incredible and cute, too. Witness Bae.

Just thought I'd say it.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

I loved the see the family reunited.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:10 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
In the podcast(available now at iTunes) for Queen of Hearts, Eddie and Adam do explain that the hat Emma made was not magical. Jefferson survived the fall, and took off into Storybrooke.
Really?! Well that kind of sucks. Sounds kind of shotty in my opinion, Jefferson falling head first from that floor, it would have been more interesting if he fell through the hat. The way the scene played out with them looking down into the hat, etc. How disappointing.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:02 AM
New Fan

Casting Call

Once Upon a Time - Episode 2.14 - Role of Little Girl being cast

Quote:
For Once Upon a Time episode 2.14, a guest role is being cast. She's a quick-witted, defiant 10-year-old prisoner of war who can see the future, and shows little fear against the soldiers.
Is this Cassandra? She's the only one that comes to mind that can see the future. Or maybe she's just an original character.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:04 AM
Total Fan

Sorry if this has already been posted.

Quote:
For Once Upon a Time episode 2.14, a guest role is being cast. She's a quick-witted, defiant 10-year-old prisoner of war who can see the future, and shows little fear against the soldiers.
Source

Harry x Ginny | Snow x Charming | Neal x Emma | Castle x Beckett | Clark x Lois
Tumblr
Old 12-04-2012, 10:12 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Sounds more like back construction. What they actually meant was, "We meant the hat to be magical, but then the story developed in ways where that would have gotten in the way. So, we changed it."
Old 12-04-2012, 11:51 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelaine (View Post)
Sounds more like back construction. What they actually meant was, "We meant the hat to be magical, but then the story developed in ways where that would have gotten in the way. So, we changed it."
Totally agree!

I think they had a very different idea of how they wanted to feature the Mad Hatter character, but Sebastian Stan's schedule and the popularity of the character changed things. Maybe they were planning for him to fall through the hat and then stumble across Emma and Mary Margaret when they were transported back to FTL.

It seems to me though that they brought him back very quickly in season 1 because he was such a popular character so they kind of interwove him with the storyline of freeing Belle to get revenge on Regina. I'm not so sure the writers originally intended to free Belle at the end of season because Emilie's schedule was still up in the air at that point.

I think the writers also wanted to feature the Mad Hatter as much as possible this season before he had to leave for other projects due to his popularity. I guess the only problem is that it will be kind of confusing that he won't be referred to at all for the rest of the season because the actor isn't around, but the Mad Hatter is trapped in Storybrooke like everyone else.

This isn't necessarily a bad thing though. That's what happens on TV shows. There are so many characters and actors involved that sometimes writers have to switch things up based on schedules and character popularity. Who knows what the writers would have done with Belle had Emilie's pilot been picked up (and for a while it really looked like ABC was going to). Megan Ohry was probably the most featured guest star last season and we know she received some offers that would have required her to leave the show. Not sure what the writers would have done to explain her sudden disappearance.

So far I'm happy with what the show's decisions. If they have to switch things up a little to fit changes then no big deal.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:02 PM
Passionate Fan

Once Upon a Time - Episode 2.14 - Role of Little Girl being cas (Spoilers)

Casting Description:

Quote:
Old 12-04-2012, 03:23 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Janice~ (View Post)
Oh absolutely I think its not in her character's nature to be good. She won't want to share Henry with Emma and all hell will break loose.
Are we watching the same show?

Because I saw Regina fighting to be good instead of bad for a long long time even after Cora killed Daniel. So, her starting out as rather innocent and sweet is "it's not in her character nature to be good?" I don't know what to say, actually reading such a thing makes me speechless.

The same with Regina not willing to share Henry with Emma. Really? Why do you think Regina send Henry away with David in 2x02 and after that worked at least with him in a civil manner? Why did she let Henry go with Emma without saying one.single.word?

As for the promo. I really hope that the scene with Regina shoving Emma is either a dream or maybe the power behind the motion is because it's a nasty side effect from absorbing all that dark magic from the well. I know promos are misleading but I surely heard Regina saying "You're not keeping my son from me!" which I would interprete as a reaction to something Emma said. It could be that she wants to take Henry with her looking for Bae but it also could be that they are trying to deny Regina contact to Henry more permanently - and if this is the case, it's just PLAIN WRONG! Regina showed with David that she is willing to compromise about Henry, so right now I don't see any reason for the Charmings to take him away from Regina, especially since he didn't even lives with her right now and has clearly formed a new, very fragile bond with his mother. Also, Emma showing up at Regina's house together with her parents. Really??? Since when are you such a coward, Emma?

God, I hope that Archie has a rather bigger part in this episode because right now he seems to be the only one willing to see the whole thing from Regina's perspective and maybe he also is brave enough to stand up to the Charmings just as he stood up to Regina in season 1.

"True Love - the most powerful magic of them all. It creates happiness."
Old 12-04-2012, 04:32 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the spoilers.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:34 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nike75 (View Post)
Are we watching the same show?

Because I saw Regina fighting to be good instead of bad for a long long time even after Cora killed Daniel. So, her starting out as rather innocent and sweet is "it's not in her character nature to be good?" I don't know what to say, actually reading such a thing makes me speechless.

The same with Regina not willing to share Henry with Emma. Really? Why do you think Regina send Henry away with David in 2x02 and after that worked at least with him in a civil manner? Why did she let Henry go with Emma without saying one.single.word?

Quite a reaction, I am entitled to my opinion just like you are. Bye now
Closed Thread   Post New Thread