Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2013, 01:12 PM
Part-Time Fan

New Girl S/S #5: Because we're all just waiting for THE DATE

Welcome to the 5th S/S thread for New Girl.

About the show:

After a bad break-up, Jessica "Jess" Day needs a new place to live. An online search leads her to a great loft... and three single guys she's never met before. But Jess moves in, and through her upbeat personality, unique sense of self and the unlikely support of her new roommates, she learns to move on.

Nick is the most grounded of her new roommates...and also the most jaded. A law school dropout, he spends most of his time hiding his feelings under his hoodie and tending bar. Schmidt is a hustling young professional who's pretty proud of his own abs. Winston is an intensely competitive former athlete who doesn't know what to do next - but whatever he does, he wants to win it.

General spoilers:

- In an episode that airs in march, Nick's dad dies and the gang travels to his hometown, Chicago, to attend the funeral. Guest starts include Nick Kroll, Bill Burr, Margo Martindale and Ellen Abertini Dow
- Winston's new, not-married flirt, Daisy (Brenda Song) will guest star in at least one more episode in season 2 (episode 17 confirmed)
- New Girl has been renewed for a 3rd season!

Upcoming episodes:

2x23 - "Virgins" - April 30th
Flashbacks tell the story of how Jess, Cece (Hannah Simone) and the guys each lost his/her virginity and how it has affected their current romances. Dennis Farina and Dylan O’Brien guest-star.

2x24 - "Winston's birthday" - May 7th
Jess’ dad (guest star Rob Reiner) chooses the worst day to pay the loft an unexpected visit, forcing a nervous Nick to spend time alone with him. Meanwhile, Jess gets a shot at a big new job on the day before Cece’s wedding. Then, Schmidt (Max Greenfield) struggles to publicity date a less-than-physically-ideal woman, and Winston (Lamorne Morris) continually psyches himself up for his huge surprise birthday celebration, which no one seems to remember to throw for him. Mary Lynn Rajskub (“24”) guest-stars.

2x25 - "Downton Abbey Christmas Special" OR "Elaine's big day" - May 14th, 2013
SEASON 2 FINALE

Cece’s wedding day finds Jess and Nick making a decision about their relationship. Meanwhile, Schmidt schemes with a typically overenthusiastic Winston to sabotage the nuptials, although a shocking announcement may be bigger than anything he plans. Taylor Swift and Rob Reiner guest-star.

Last edited by fandk; 04-15-2013 at 08:40 AM
Old 04-03-2013, 01:34 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks for the new thread! Loved the new clip with Jake previewing "Date Night". It seems like he's the go-to man now for all the sneak peeks. Not complaining at all...
Old 04-03-2013, 01:52 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taurus4 (View Post)
Thanks for the new thread! Loved the new clip with Jake previewing "Date Night". It seems like he's the go-to man now for all the sneak peeks. Not complaining at all...
He's just THE MAN.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:01 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by blushingbrunett (View Post)
He's just THE MAN.
Agree. THE MAN. He also has the best voice!

I LOVE this thread title, so fitting!!!

"I will not let anything happen to you."
Walter and Paige

credit for the icon: Chiara G
Old 04-03-2013, 03:44 PM
New Fan

I have no idea if this is true or not, but this was a comment on one of the youtube video sneak peeks...

Infinite Wonder
Old 04-03-2013, 03:56 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordongordon (View Post)
I have no idea if this is true or not, but this was a comment on one of the youtube video sneak peeks...

Infinite Wonder

Nah, I think it's just a fan speculating or guessing.

According to all the spoilers, the Nick/Jess love scene will be in the Virgins episode (23).

Walter and Paige

Old 04-03-2013, 04:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

tftnt!

cannot WAIT for the date!

also (not completely relevant but...): VOTE VOTE VOTE 2013 TV Couples March Madness Challenge: Vote in the Elite 8! - 2013 TV Couples March Madness Challenge - Zimbio

WE ARE ACTUALLY BEATING DEAN AND CASTIEL! but it's neck and neck! we need all the votes we can get! (you can refresh and vote again)

EDIT EDIT EDIT: we are now TIED at 50% so come on fandom! we can do this! vote refresh vote!

Last edited by mrs.suspenders; 04-03-2013 at 04:32 PM
Old 04-03-2013, 05:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.suspenders (View Post)
tftnt!

cannot WAIT for the date!

also (not completely relevant but...): VOTE VOTE VOTE 2013 TV Couples March Madness Challenge: Vote in the Elite 8! - 2013 TV Couples March Madness Challenge - Zimbio

WE ARE ACTUALLY BEATING DEAN AND CASTIEL! but it's neck and neck! we need all the votes we can get! (you can refresh and vote again)

EDIT EDIT EDIT: we are now TIED at 50% so come on fandom! we can do this! vote refresh vote!

It's extremely difficult to beat slash fans.

But anyway, DATE EPISODE is tomorrow! YAY!

Walter and Paige

Old 04-03-2013, 05:24 PM
New Fan

Broke down and watched the sneak peaks and I'm SO glad I did! OMG, Nick is going to kill me.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:33 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread! Love the title.
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 04-03-2013, 06:56 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordongordon (View Post)

Infinite Wonder
I doubt this will happen at the beginning of the next episode but I am wondering of episode 24 will start out sort of like that. The morning after they do sleep together. I would die.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:14 PM
New Fan

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone :o)

I think Jake Johnson is a big reason why the show is doing so well. He is really handsome and really funny. I think by the time the series ends he will have a huge fan base kind of like Matthew Perry after Friends or Steve Carell after The Office.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:26 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kas0509 (View Post)
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone :o)

I think Jake Johnson is a big reason why the show is doing so well. He is really handsome and really funny. I think by the time the series ends he will have a huge fan base kind of like Matthew Perry after Friends or Steve Carell after The Office.

All I know is that Jake better at least get an EMMY nomination this year. He deserves it the most.

He has been on fire in this season. And he's looking more sexy with every episode!

Walter and Paige

Old 04-03-2013, 08:50 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taurus4 (View Post)
I doubt this will happen at the beginning of the next episode but I am wondering of episode 24 will start out sort of like that. The morning after they do sleep together. I would die.
I just sort of assumed that's what the person was referring to.

Though hanging out in each others' rooms till they both fall asleep at the end of this one would be fun.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:02 PM
Extreme Fan

TFTNT! Can't wait for the episode tomorrow!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread