YouTube - Parenthood Profile - Monica Potter
YouTube - Parenthood Profile - Dax Shepard
YouTube - Parenthood Profile - Bonnie Bedelia
YouTube - Parenthood Profile - Craig T. Nelson
YouTube - Parenthood Profile - Mae Whitman
YouTube - Parenthood - Ron Howard and Brian Grazer

Trailers can also be found on the NBC site
Parenthood - All Videos - Newest - Video - NBC.com

Promo/Trailer for Episode 15 (Air Date: Feb 27th)

News

November 27- John Corbett will be back
November 21 - A Love Triangle for Drew
November 15 - Jason Ritter will be back for one episode

Links

Official NBC Official Site - Parenthood
IMDB - Parenthood
Futoncritic - Parenthood

Parenthood (2010 TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Parenthood is an updated version of the 1989 film of the same title. It is also the second TV series based on that film (the previous series aired during the 1990-1991 television season). This series was originally supposed to premiere on Wednesday, September 23, 2009 on NBC. However, on July 10, 2009, it was announced that Parenthood would be pushed back to midseason, due to Maura Tierney's breast cancer.

Main Cast - with IMDB links

Bonnie Bedelia as Camille Braverman
Craig T. Nelson as Zeek Braverman
Dax Shepard as Crosby Braverman
Erika Christensen as Julia Braverman
Lauren Graham as Sarah Braverman - Lauren Graham - Fan Forum
Mae Whitman as Amber
Max Burkholder as Max
Miles Heizer as Drew
Monica Potter as Kristina Braverman
Peter Krause as Adam Braverman
Sam Jaeger as Joel Braverman
Sarah Ramos as Hattie Braverman
Savannah Argenti as Sydney Braverman

Episode List/Descriptions

Shows A-Z - parenthood on nbc | TheFutonCritic.com

5.01 - It Has To Be Now
09/26/2013 (10:00PM - 11:00PM) (Thursday)
The Braverman family gathers for Jasmine and Crosby’s unnamed newborn. Kristina and Adam adapt to life after her cancer ordeal , while Hank moves back to town and, unknown to Sarah, gets back together with Amber.

5.02 - All Aboard Who's Coming Aboard
10/03/2013 (10:00PM - 11:00PM) (Thursday)
An Amber alert rocks the Braverman family while Jasmine and Crosby have to walk on egg shells as the baby's crying begins to take a toll on Jabbar too. Julia meets a school parent volunteer Ed Bliss and finds they have a lot in common.

5.03 - Nipple Confusion
10/10/2013 (10:00PM - 11:00PM) (Thursday)
Crosby and Jasmine find parenthood the second time around to be twice as tough, while Kristina's campaign with the ever-presence of Heather creates a new dynamic with Adam.

5.04 - In Dreams Begin Responsibilities
10/17/2013 (10:00PM - 11:00PM) (Thursday)
Another of Adam's comfort zones is challenged by Kristina's campaign, while Sarah and Amber struggle to talk to one another about the wedding. Drew tries to get closer to new friend Natalie and Zeek gets a chance to provide big teaching moments to grandkids.

5.05 - Let's Be Mad Together
10/24/2013 (10:00PM - 11:00PM) (Thursday)
Max's photography knows no bounds while Joel struggles for boundaries with Peet. Adam and Crosby too must set boundaries with the band for the betterment of their new business. Meanwhile Julia and Camille have something in common that does not make them happy. And Sarah talks toe-to-toe with Ryan and Amber.

5.06 - The M Word
10/31/2013 (10:00PM - 11:00PM) (Thursday)
Sarah and Amber struggle with the wedding bell blues while Julia and Joel try to keep it all together. Kristina and Adam hit the campaign trail hard and enlist Team Braverman to go door-to-door, while Jasmine helps usher in a new era for Crosby and his band on the run. Zeek gives Camille a little of what she wants.

5.07 - Speaking of Baggage
11/07/2013 (10:00PM - 11:00PM) (Thursday)
Kristina shares an inspirational story with Amber about her relationship with Adam while Amber's brother, Drew, has fallen hard for his new classmate Natalie. Meanwhile, Julia is getting Ed's undivided attention as Joel is busy on the job. Also, Zeek bachelors it up when he is left home alone and Max's new interest in photography leads him to find some pictures from Hank's past with Sarah.

5.08 - The Ring
11/14/2013 (10:00PM - 11:00PM) (Thursday)
The family watches out for Zeek, but he ends up giving Sarah some much needed advice. Tension rises in Julia's household when she receives some unsettling news from Victor's school. The media uncovers some skeletons in Kristina's closet that attract unwanted media attention on Adam. Meanwhile Amber makes a tough decision that rocks the boat with Ryan.

5.09 - Election Day
11/21/2013 (10:00PM - 11:00PM) (Thursday)
Election day stirs up emotions amongst the family- Jasmine and Crosby use the election as a teaching moment for Jabbar, while Kristina and Adam keep hopes high. Julia and Joel deal with Victor's reservations and Amber has some of her own, when the band asks her to sing guide vocals. Meanwhile Sarah helps Hank with a family affair.

5.10 - All That's Left Is Hugging
12/12/2013 (10:00PM - 11:00PM) (Thursday)
Amber addresses Ryan about his issues with her hanging out with the band and struggles on whether or not to lean on Sarah for support. Drew asks his uncle Crosby for advice on girls. Meanwhile, Julia and Joel put their best foot forward for their family's sake and Adam shows his support for his wife Kristina.

5.11 - Promises
01/02/2014 (10:00PM - 11:00PM) (Thursday)
A Max meltdown is a revelation for Hank; Julia tries to save her marriage; Amy's visit makes waves for Drew. Joel steps in when Ed confronts Julia; in Camille's absence, Zeek makes a new friend. Carl and Sarah attend a fundraiser.

5.12 - Stay a Little Longer
01/09/2014 (10:00PM - 11:00PM) (Thursday)
Sarah receives good news about a job; Jasmine is less than thrilled when Crosby opens his home to Oliver Rome, whose band has reached a breaking point; Amber is faced with a painful reality.

5.13 - Jump Ball
01/16/2014 (10:00PM - 11:00PM) (Thursday)
Camille returns home to an ecstatic Zeek, but not everyone makes an appearance at her welcome home party. Joel continues to spend long hours at work and away from Julia. Hank spends time with Adam and confronts his problems, while Amber runs away from hers.

5.14 - You've Got Mold
01/30/2014 (10:00PM - 11:00PM) (Thursday)
Sarah starts her new project with Hank, meanwhile Kristina becomes the community counselor. Crosby discovers mold in his house and Jasmine isn’t pleased. Julia and Joel decide to explain to Sydney and Victor what has been going on.

5.15 - Just Like Home
02/27/2014 (10:00PM - 11:00PM) (Thursday)
The Bravermans struggle to adjust to new living arrangements as the bomb drops: Zeek and Camille want to sell the house.

5.16 - The Enchanting Mr Knight
03/06/2014 (10:00PM - 11:00PM) (Thursday)
Kristina goes in for a checkup, but that doesn’t stop her from starting a new adventure. Amber encourages Drew to move on from his past, while Julia struggles to let go of hers. Sarah gets an appealing offer from Carl, but decides her work is more important. Hank admits that feelings are still lingering for an old relationship.

Episode descriptions TheFutonCritic.com

Sides available at Gossip Communications - Bringing the Talk of Entertainment to the Net - Home

and when we get together
the summer never ends...

Last edited by Roswell Dream Girl; 04-13-2014 at 08:18 PM
Old 04-12-2014, 10:03 PM
Absolute Fan

Tftnt!
Old 04-13-2014, 12:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

thanks

On the whole gay debate I don't think any show needs to have a gay character just to be politically correct, like wise there is no need not to have one just because some might not like the subject matter.

As for Max, I never thought they would do a gay story for him, having him fall in love will be a big enough story in it's self.
Drew was a candidate by some given how shy he was in the earlier seasons.

Haddie was a surprise and I really hope they get a 6th season to explore it, and she moves back home or has a gap year.
I think the family will be surprised but supportive, I never got an anti-gay vibe from any of the characters on the show.

Last edited by lancer1993; 04-13-2014 at 03:54 AM
Old 04-13-2014, 12:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

98% of all tv shows feel the need to make at least one character gay. it's a reflection upon society supporting gay rights right now tbh versus creating organic development for said character. seriously. and about 80% of these characters "exploring" their sexuality are female. for an ep. that's it. which, imo, is merely a justification to watch two girls kiss. berf.
Old 04-13-2014, 07:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Tftnt!
Old 04-13-2014, 01:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Shows having at least one gay character is a reflection of society, period. Shows aren't obligated to have one, but it's nice when they do. There should be more gay characters on televisions, just like there should be more POC, too. Television is predominantly white and hetero, and that's just not a reflection of society or the viewing audience, who deserve to see themselves represented on television.

And the idea that shows should stop having gay characters or that they should stop being women because some people automatically chalk it up to them being hyper sexualized is part of the problem. Lesbians do no simply exist for men to get off on, and to automatically write any lesbian or girl/girl storyline off as 'an excuse for guys to see two girls kiss' is ridiculous and gross. But if a male character explores their sexuality or starts to question themselves and gets a gay storyline, it's taken seriously. It's ridiculous and transparent, and won't change until more lesbian/bi female characters are on television. Haddie is obviously pretty serious about this girl to bring her home to meet her family, so I don't think it's just a one episode ~exploring her sexuality thing. And I've seen a few posts about 'randomly turning Haddie gay' or whatever, and people discover things at different times. Some people don't realize they're gay until they're in their thirties. If Adam and Kristina's talk with Max about sex was any indication, Haddie grew up in a very heternormative family, so it's not surprising that it's not something she realized until getting away from home.

Parenthood has touched on a ton of issues in the past; single parenthood, aspergers, race, alcoholism, money issues, gender roles, unemployment, abortion, adoption, infertility, age differences, ptsd, drugs, cancer, divorce and other cliche after school special topics, why does sexuality have to be any different? Five seasons without a gay/bi character was pretty glaring, imo. Especially if you're familiar with Katims previous work, since FNL didn't really have many queer characters either, save for the mayor lady, the girl in Landry's band and that assistant coach, all of which were background characters and whose sexuality was hardly ever seen or discussed or focused on, compared to the overwhelming amount of hetero ships.

Quote:
Interesting that a few of you thought they were making Max gay. I never got that feeling.
It wasn't so much I thought they were, but the episode that dealt with Max's sexuality/puberty was so glaringly heteronormative, it left a horrible taste in my mouth, and I was hoping it was done on purpose. Adam and Kristina were just so girls, girls, girls, both amongst themselves and when talking to Max, and iirc, there was a moment or two during the Adam/Max conversation that it really felt like Max was gonna say something about boys, or at least question it. But nothing ever came of it.

Last edited by same old story; 04-13-2014 at 01:38 PM
Old 04-13-2014, 01:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by same old story (View Post)
Lesbians do no simple exist for men to get off on
welp, speaking as a gay woman, that's my opinion w/ what i see on a lot of tv shows you say are rightfully ~representing.

furthermore, parenthood couldn't have been more generic this season. legit! and making a character suddenly reappear with a random secret to tell, feels like nothing more than a publicity stunt to me. or it wouldn't have been in the promo.
Old 04-13-2014, 04:05 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas forever (View Post)
welp, speaking as a gay woman, that's my opinion w/ what i see on a lot of tv shows you say are rightfully ~representing.

furthermore, parenthood couldn't have been more generic this season. legit! and making a character suddenly reappear with a random secret to tell, feels like nothing more than a publicity stunt to me. or it wouldn't have been in the promo.
ITA. Maybe if they bothered to show Haddie before the season finale, I wouldn't be so skeptical as to the writers' motives but they did not. Also, Haddie expressed real feelings for Alex that we actually saw onscreen. If the writers are now going to insist that she is gay and not bi, then what do we make of that relationship? Were her feelings for him not real, was she simply conforming to society's standards by engaging in a heterosexual relationship, did she not know herself until she left home? Frankly, I call a major foul on the first two because one, there was never any hint that Haddie wasn't romantically, sexually and emotionally attracted to Alex...on the contrary. And two, I certainly don't buy that she was conforming by being with him, given that Alex is a black man with a troubled past. I can believe that she didn't fully discover her sexuality until she went away but given the above and the fact that we didn't see this revelation play onscreen, it definitely feels like poor, contrived storytelling to me.

With that said, I'd be the first to agree that there should be more gay and bisexual characters on television, just as there should be more characters of color. However, I am not impressed with how the Parenthood writers have chosen to present this particular reveal. Maybe it will play differently, depending on how it's written. We shall see.
Old 04-14-2014, 07:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

I can't believe this is the first time I see this

Old 04-14-2014, 01:12 PM
Extreme Fan

I have to disagree. I see it as a young girl went across the country to college and is now experimenting, a lot of people wait until college to really be who they are and Haddie was hardly going to call up Adam and Cristina and be like 'oh yeah I'm gay.' it doesn't work like that.

I'm going to wait until the episode to form an opinion, the promos can be deceiving
Old 04-14-2014, 04:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas forever (View Post)

They're always revealing big moments in the promos though, that's what they do. And it's obviously a big story in the episode, hence why it's in the promo. If it was a publicity stunt, there would be actual publicity. It would've been in that article about Haddie come back back, or even just Ausiello or Kristen's spoilers. But we legit had no idea until the promo.

Is it poor writing to do it this way? Sure. It's also pretty cheap that, like I said, they're choosing to do this storyline with a character that's not around a lot, but Parenthood hardly strikes me as a show that's gonna do some girl on girl to titillate male viewers to get some ratings.

People are jumping to all kinds of conclusions about this before we even see it play out. I personally think they'll go with the bi angle, since Max specifically questions whether Haddie is a lesbian because she has a girlfriend. And Haddie not discovering this side of herself until she's away from overbearing parents and their expectations of her, as well as just high school in general, is hardly surprising. It doesn't mean she was hiding it this whole time or that she was confirming at all, just that she hadn't discovered it until then, when she met someone that brought it out or whatever and had more freedom to grow up and learn more about herself. That's what college is for.
Old 04-14-2014, 06:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I tried posting something yesterday but it didn't stick, here it goes again.

I don't see Haddie as the token gay or going off to college and 'changing'. I do like they are exploring this topic and hope we get a 6th season where Haddie is at home, maybe taking a year off school. I don't like how they ignored her existence for most of the season and apart from Adam mentioning Haddie to Crosby in ep 20 I can't remember the last time the spoke of her.

Also didn't they have a dog, maybe Guacamolie ate him?
Old 04-14-2014, 06:56 PM
Absolute Fan

Well, I'm personally not jumping to any conclusions, lol. I'm pointing out why I think it would be random to suddenly write her as gay instead of bisexual. Maybe she is bisexual. Given what has been presented to the audience, I think that would make more sense than her being gay. That is all.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:34 AM
Dedicated Fan

Right guys, time for the season finale countdown. Boy am I nervous. (#TeamHank! yay!)

Really curious about Haddie too, although I don't think they'll have time to go into it too much - she may even don't know herself if this is really what she wants or whether is is just a phase or if she's bi. I just hope, as I said before, the writers treat that story carefully.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Tftnt!