Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2015, 09:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Quote:
Originally Posted by shonuff (View Post)
Do you really think that there will even be occasion for them to be talking about her on screen that much? If that's what we WANT them to talk about, history shows it probably won't happen. I mean, I'd a lot rather hear Juliette talk about her daughter and say her name over and over than watch the "Luke Wheeler and his past, current and future finances, ex-wives and girlfriends show"...but...it's Nashville!
But that will make them look ATROCIOUS. If Juliette is too busy fretting over her comeback event or whatever and Avery is too busy breaking up with SAG for either of them to bother even mentioning their newborn child's name, they'll look like absolutely terrible parents.
Old 03-31-2015, 09:54 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Waves (View Post)
I just refuse to believe that the writers are actually this dumb to not have new parents refer to their child by name for three episodes. That's like... cruel.
Not only that but it's super dumb planning. They had a whole hiatus they could have used. But I don't think we will see the baby that much. Going by extra calls only 318 had days where babies had a call time. 319 is the benefit so they could just say things like ''I just called the nanny and Cadence/Bella is sleeping'' or ''can't wait for this to be over to be her again'' and 320 they could say things that would fit her staying home with the nanny while they do Juliette concert and so forth. I think 322 she will be brought up way more now that the name will be decided and she will most likely be their storyline focus. But who knows since there are no sides for that episode.
Old 03-31-2015, 10:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I feel like it's a new record- even before the birth airs, I can officially declare that "Woman who secretly longed for family but didn't think she deserved it had baby" was done 184749384730327% better on Bones.
Old 03-31-2015, 10:14 PM
Master Fan

I am not at that point yet. I think there is likely a way this isn't as bad as it looks. But hey if it opens even more eyes to their poor planning then good.
Old 03-31-2015, 10:43 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristofle (View Post)
I feel like it's a new record- even before the birth airs, I can officially declare that "Woman who secretly longed for family but didn't think she deserved it had baby" was done 184749384730327% better on Bones.
Because of a poll? They may have shot multiple versions when actors say the name, there are only four options for the name, it must not be that difficult to do.
Old 03-31-2015, 10:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart of Rhythm (View Post)
Because of a poll? They may have shot multiple versions when actors say the name, there are only four options for the name, it must not be that difficult to do.
Actually, planning to do four different takes several scenes an episode for three or so episodes IS pretty difficult. Actors get fired for not being able to remember their lines and continually screwing up takes. Yes, we all like blooper reels, but in reality it adds up to very little screen time and you don't see actors continually mess up takes more than once or twice a season. They would never plan to film more than maybe one scene several times, especially for a few episodes in a row (and only a stupidly planned show would even do THAT much). If the baby genuinely doesn't have a name, it's because the name genuinely isn't mentioned more than once an episode, and in my book, Juliette and Avery will end up looking very bad if that's the case, whether the writers intend them to or not. My hope is that they're lying, and the poll is rigged.
Old 03-31-2015, 11:09 PM
Addicted Fan

Sorry if this is a stupid question (no idea how it works) but isn't it possible to replace only the name with audio editing or something?
Old 03-31-2015, 11:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

It's possible and would be much cheaper, but again if they do it repeatedly, it'll come off choppy. Sort of like a dubbed movie. We'd have to basically never SEE the person speaking the name either, they'd always be off camera (because if they don't know the name, they're saying something else in it's place like "Baby", and either that'll look super sloppy when they take out that and put the name in its place, or we'll weirdly never see the person speaking). So still, I can't imagine it's something they'd do more than like, one scene per episode. And I don't think the baby is IN any episodes past the one right after she's born unless they're using a baby or a set of babies in-house after that episode, because I don't think there have been any more casting calls for babies or indication babies are being used onset, so essentially, if this is correct and they really don't have this name, the child will not only literally not be seen for episodes at a time- I didn't expect to see the baby MUCH, but I also didn't expect to go weeks not seeing the baby at ALL- and not be mentioned by name more than once or maybe twice. Whether or not the writers intend it that way, it's pretty much not possible for Juliette and Avery to come out of that looking good. So the best we can hope for is the poll being rigged, lol, and ABC thinking the general audience doesn't grasp that in reality episodes are filmed weeks/months in advance.
Old 03-31-2015, 11:23 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart of Rhythm (View Post)
Sorry if this is a stupid question (no idea how it works) but isn't it possible to replace only the name with audio editing or something?
it's possible but a lot of work if you do that every scene it's mentioned for in 4 episodes by different cast members. A lot of extra work for editors that could have been easily avoided not to mention every actors who would use the name and that is pretty much everyone they interact with from Glenn and Emily to Gunnar and Scarlett to Deacon and Rayna to Juliette and Avery themselves. They could have easily made that poll before 318 was shot and closed it by the time they started to film instead of fav couple and fav collaborations that the outcome was obvious like Tvfan221 previously said. And pretty much everything the poster above me said better
Old 03-31-2015, 11:33 PM
Master Fan

DR stuff in the Bluebird scenes they've been filming today, continuing tomorrow (and I love how Connie rarely tweets about Nashville and I'm pretty sure everything she's tweeted about it in months has been about scenes with Chip )

Sarah [youtube]

Last edited by soapbubbles511; 03-31-2015 at 11:45 PM
Old 03-31-2015, 11:43 PM
Loyal Fan

Do we know what's happening in the bluebird scene/ what they're there for?
Old 03-31-2015, 11:49 PM
Addicted Fan

^^ Thanks for the answers Cristofle and jbshmdfb, like I previously said no idea how it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapbubbles511 (View Post)
DR stuff in the Bluebird scenes they've been filming the last two days (and I love how Connie rarely tweets about Nashville and I'm pretty sure everything she's tweeted about it in months has been about scenes with Chip )

At the Bluebird. SO HAPPY.
Old 03-31-2015, 11:51 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yetigreen (View Post)
Do we know what's happening in the bluebird scene/ what they're there for?
the only D/R in sides for 321 was S/G scene related so I am guessing no clue on why unless someone has Inside info on that.
Old 04-01-2015, 12:23 AM
Dedicated Fan

I read something about a middle name somewhere. Can't that be the case? Juliette and Avery name her and 3 episodes later she gets baptized and her middle name will be whatever the fans come up with?

Deacon and Rayna at the Bluebird.

P.s: D&R can be the godparents. I think I read that in a fic somewhere.

Last edited by danax6; 04-01-2015 at 12:33 AM
Old 04-01-2015, 03:23 AM
Dedicated Fan

Lol at name-angst!
The timing of the poll is weird, I'll agree, but I doubt my kids knew what their names were when they were tiny: when interacting with them directly I had all kinds of stupid pet names I called them, and then sometimes when talking to somebody else I'd just say 'the baby', so really Javery's baby might easily get referred to by name only once or twice in an episode, which is easy enough to edit in afterwards without too much weirdness.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread