Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2015, 08:47 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapbubbles511 (View Post)
Those stories could all be cut and replaced with Connie and Hayden sitting there and literally doing nothing and it would still be an improvement
right?
Old 02-17-2015, 08:55 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbshmdfb (View Post)
As for me I would gladly sacrifice a few upcoming storyline for Hayden to be in all the episode even if it was for just a minute. For example, I don't need to see Natasha's storyline with the FBI, I don't need to see Luke connect with Sadie only for her to leave the show one episode after they do, I don't need to see Layla be jealous of Jeff having a past with an interviewer, I don't need to see Rayna kiss Layla's butt, I don't need to see Teddy being more and more written into a corner, etc. I could go on and on.
For me I am a fan of s/l I am not a fan of Layla and her story but with that said I don't want them to put Hayden on just for the sake of putting her on if she doesn't have a story then it would just bore me and I would want to ff her scenes. I would rather not see her till they can put her in an actual s/l. Yes there are characters I don't like Layla or will, I am interested to see where they go with Luke, I am loving deacon and rayna (especially I glad they r doing something other then them breaking up and making up) and the cancer s/l, I don't like what they have done to teddy so maybe they will redeem him and SAG stuff and of course watching Rayna kick jeffs ***
Old 02-17-2015, 08:58 PM
Loyal Fan

It still ticks me off they cut the Deacon & Juliette scenes that were promoted in 309 when the stupid scene with Layla & Will discussing their beanies should have been cut instead. That beanie scene served 0 purpose to any story and should have been on the cutting room floor over the Deacon & Juliette scenes which everyone was waiting to see.
Old 02-17-2015, 09:03 PM
Master Fan

Rayna vs Jeff tomorrow is THE storyline I have been waiting for the most of the second half that isn't ship related or anything.

They could easily give her a storyline if they wanted to. For instance they could have a baby name scene where she reflects on her past with Jolene. It's just a priority question with the show. And somehow guests are more important to give songs and airtime to.
Old 02-17-2015, 10:31 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellieW (View Post)
It still ticks me off they cut the Deacon & Juliette scenes that were promoted in 309 when the stupid scene with Layla & Will discussing their beanies should have been cut instead. That beanie scene served 0 purpose to any story and should have been on the cutting room floor over the Deacon & Juliette scenes which everyone was waiting to see.
Spoiler:

I agree I could have done without seeing will/Layla beanie stuff, I am looking forward to rayna vs Jeff about time but I really don't think I would have enjoyed the whole baby naming with Juliette and rehashing her s/l with Jolene.
Old 02-17-2015, 10:34 PM
Master Fan

If you are refering to the Deacon/Juliette scene in 318, it's not about that.
Old 02-18-2015, 01:11 AM
Loyal Fan

Oh We need some acknowledgement from Deacon of Juliette's wedding/baby, and some Juliette acknowledgement of Deacon's illness
Old 02-18-2015, 01:50 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
If you are refering to the Deacon/Juliette scene in 318, it's not about that.
She doesn't know he's sick yet ?
Old 02-18-2015, 06:35 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangingonalie (View Post)
"Sacrifice"? She's one of the leads, lol. Rayna and Juliette>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> everyone else, tbh. Giving Connie and Hayden screen time doesn't sacrifice anyone else's because they are the LEADS and can actually act and carry the show (unlike many others in this ridiculously massive cast). They are the reason I watch the show and it makes me upset that they haven't shared more scenes together, especially with the pregnancy story line.
So I think you missed this part of my comment when you quoted me:
Quote:
If they wanted to give her the time they would otherwise devote to Layla though, I'd be totally ok with that.
I wouldn't be okay with dipping into DR or even Gunnar/Scarlett and cutting those down. But Layla? Sure.
Old 02-18-2015, 06:48 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart of Rhythm (View Post)
She doesn't know he's sick yet ?
Don't you have the sides too?
Old 02-18-2015, 07:06 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Don't you have the sides too?
No.
Old 02-18-2015, 07:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Honestly, genuinely confused at the comments in this thread at this point. Not sure why people are acting like Hayden/Juliette is a dispensable character. She is one of the leads of the show. No ones screentime and POV is more important than hers and Rayna's. It doesn't matter whether Juliette is the reason you watch or not, or whether you would like a certain storyline of hers or not... She is a lead. And there are plentyyyyyyy of people who watch for her (arguably she's been the most critically praised and liked character since S1 for very good reason.)

Are there any actual new spoilers?
Old 02-18-2015, 07:19 AM
dmc
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Waves (View Post)
Honestly, genuinely confused at the comments in this thread at this point. Not sure why people are acting like Hayden/Juliette is a dispensable character. She is one of the leads of the show. No ones screentime and POV is more important than hers and Rayna's. It doesn't matter whether Juliette is the reason you watch or not, or whether you would like a certain storyline of hers or not... She is a lead. And there are plentyyyyyyy of people who watch for her (arguably she's been the most critically praised and liked character since S1 for very good reason.)

Are there any actual new spoilers?

I am confused by the comments as well because quite frankly this show has taken a HUGE hit without Hayden/Juliette. For one, she is one of the only characters the writers write with consistently good material. All of the other characters EVEN Rayna last season it was kind of hit or miss. In fact sometimes, I wonder if the same people are even writing for her. I am not saying she is the only character I care about BUT I definitely miss her and when she gets back she can take back a lot of the screen time they have been giving out to people I don't care about.
Old 02-18-2015, 07:20 AM
Extreme Fan

I don't read it that people think Juliette is dispensable. I do read that some people are mad that she wasn't given more screen time, even when we don't know the reasons for that. I think others understand that there may be any number of reasons for why that is true.

I think everyone's own opinion is valid for him/her. There's no single truth for all. Namaste.
Old 02-18-2015, 07:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love juliette. she's really grown as a character.