Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2014, 11:10 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristofle (View Post)
I sort of feel like Rayna is being set up for a fall, is the reason I suspect Sadie. She has a new bestie, supposedly (from the last thread) there's talk along the lines of Luke is the greatest or the perfect man. My soap drama fandom background tells me it's going to blow up in her face-it's just that Callie has grossly overestimated how sympathetic many of us are likely to be.
Completely plausible but since Callie loves Will chase so much will she risk making him look bad?
Old 08-23-2014, 11:18 AM
Master Fan

Or since everybody suspected Luke of being up to something all last season, Callie thinks she's giving us what we wanted
Sarah [youtube]
Old 08-23-2014, 11:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froghorn (View Post)
Completely plausible but since Callie loves Will chase so much will she risk making him look bad?
Even if Callie doesn't know, someone on the staff or ABC has to know there is no longevity in "Luke is perfect and he and Rayna are in luuuuuuuuuv" plot. I could have seen him as long-suffering alongside an unappreciative Rayna, going on Callie's delusion about Will Chase's appeal on the show, but it doesn't sound like it. And Callie is consistent in not really alowing Rayna to be called out by the men in her life and be allowed to be right- Deacon wasn't allowed a legitimately furious reaction to being lied to about Maddie without during into such a ridiculously OTT drunk nightmare that he was placed solidly in the wrong. I swear that Callie thinks Rayna was justified in protesting Teddy's entirely correct assessment that she'd been having an emotional affair with Deacon for years, and Crazy Peggy gave her a leg to stand on. I lean towards thinking that no matter how Callie feels about Will Chase, Luke will be the wrong party when Rayna gets out of the relationship, just based on prior experience.
Old 08-23-2014, 01:54 PM
Loyal Fan

I think Rayna, the character, could really benefit, by being, at least once in awhile, as human as the rest of us. She could make a bad decision, bad judgement, and have it be totally on her: not justified by someone else's mistakes.

IMO, it will never be OK, that she lied to Deacon, for 12 years, while keeping him closely in her life, and, yes, carrying on an emotional affair with him. If he had been a dangerous, unstable person, that she needed to keep her family away from, even, if he had continued to go on and off the wagon, all those years; at least a different story. But he was sober, her best friend, musicall partner, and she remained in love with him. Painting an ugly picture of Deacon, at the time frame of Maddie's conception, and Rayna finding out she was pregnant, does not make raising her child on a lie, and denying Deacon his Daughter, OK. At least, not to me.

Soooo, let Rayna slip from perfection, now and then. If she is going to go forward with Luke and it sounds out like she is, how about a scenario, in which she questions her decision more and more; not necessarily by painting Luke as a bad person, but, just, Rayna realizing that she and Luke aren't right together. She and Deacon have an encounter, maybe it starts out angsty, and ends up with the two of them succumbing to their feelings and making love. It's very mutual, they're equally in the moment, and she has cheated on her fiance. No explaining it away by things Luke has done, or Deacon , seduced her, she cheated! It happens, it's messy, it's painful, people get hurt and you have to deal with it.

I would like the show to let us see that Rayna, it could make for a very interesting story.
Old 08-23-2014, 06:21 PM
Part-Time Fan

Can someone help me out here and tell me what the actual story is in Nashville. For example we know in Game of Thrones the interactions between characters is leading to the throne of Westeros. What is the equilivent for Nashville because it just looks to me like it's about a whole lot of aimless character interactions and when they get low on them they create an incident right out of blue like Jeff/Juliette to create some more interactions none of which are leading to any objective.
Old 08-23-2014, 06:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I think it started as three different country stars in three different parts of their career- Rayna was waning, Juliette was at her height, and Scarlett was just starting out. It's since evolved, lol, or maybe devolved. I do think the three main couples tend to have somewhat paralleled journeys- like, each season ends with them in a certain place. Proposal (SG in S1, DR in S2), performing (JA in S1, SG in S2), crisis (DR in S1, JA in S2).
Old 08-23-2014, 08:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree it was about the rivalry, potential collaboration, and lives of old country star Rayna and new comer star Juliette and other characters trying to make it into country Sg. I agree it went away a bit from that concept

Last edited by fox24; 08-24-2014 at 04:19 AM
Old 08-23-2014, 09:51 PM
Part-Time Fan

Apparently Hayden is due in January. Anyone know if she'll be missing any episodes? The reason I ask because where I come from a person giving birth is entitled to 12 months maternity leave under industrial award. Hayden is obviously going to need a period to recover. The imdb has her unlisted for episodes 11 to 21. That would make sense giving her recovery period. Has anyone heard anything?

Last edited by drop kick; 08-24-2014 at 01:53 AM
Old 08-24-2014, 05:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Quote:
Originally Posted by drop kick (View Post)
Apparently Hayden is due in January. Anyone know if she'll be missing any episodes? The reason I ask because where I come from a person giving birth is entitled to 12 months maternity leave under industrial award. Hayden is obviously going to need a period to recover. The imdb has her unlisted for episodes 11 to 21. That would make sense giving her recovery period. Has anyone heard anything?
12 months is unheard of in the US- 6-8 weeks is usually the max (and often less than that- we have atrocious maternity leave laws). That said, IMDB isn't a good place to look towards, they're notoriously unreliable (especially about #s of episodes). She'll of course miss some time, but not several months worth of episodes, I'd say.
Old 08-24-2014, 05:55 AM
Extreme Fan

I'm preparing myself for 4 episodes of no Hayden, probably more.
Old 08-24-2014, 06:16 AM
Loyal Fan

Other shows in the past were able to make sure their leads didn't miss an episode when taking maternity leave. Those shows wrote scripts far enough ahead so the actress could pre-tape her scenes. It would be in Nashville's best interest to do the same. Problem is they don't seem to have a clue as how things are generally done. Plus they always seem to be running behind on their scripts. If Hayden is missing from even one show, it will be ratings disaster. I have read tons of comments around the web where viewers are saying they will skip any episodes without her.
Old 08-24-2014, 07:28 AM
Part-Time Fan

Kellie I agree with you. Hayden is the best actress in the series and the arc with avery from what I have read looks like it is going to be central to the entire series. Upset either of those and it could be a ratings disaster imo
Old 08-24-2014, 09:06 AM
Master Fan

With her being due around the same time that they're already off filming for the holidays hopefully she won't miss any episodes.

And especially if they've already driven away DR fans with the mess of a Luke story they can't afford to have the Juliette fans not watching too
Sarah [youtube]
Old 08-24-2014, 09:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristofle (View Post)
12 months is unheard of in the US- 6-8 weeks is usually the max (and often less than that- we have atrocious maternity leave laws). That said, IMDB isn't a good place to look towards, they're notoriously unreliable (especially about #s of episodes). She'll of course miss some time, but not several months worth of episodes, I'd say.
I know teachers have a little more time off.
Old 08-24-2014, 10:06 AM
Loyal Fan

Yeah I feel like if she actually is due around then she probably won't miss as much as people suspect she will. Anyway it's not as if any us know the actual plans in place yet. She might film scenes in advance - how are to say otherwise at this stage?

I don't think it's been mentioned yet but I saw the end of a Juliette scene in one of them and considering a recent discussion on the last thread (I think) I thought I'd share. The scene is Juliette chopping off her hair. So we may yet be saying goodbye to the wigs

Emer

Last edited by Emes; 08-24-2014 at 02:51 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread