Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2018, 03:59 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieLeigh (View Post)
It's a ship picture, that makes it about a ship, regardless of what NBC's intentions were About the show would involve more characters than just a couple. There absolutely are Grace/Danny shippers out there, makes no sense to me, but they exist.

Old picture, so not a spoiler. Doesn't give away anything that may happen in the future. It doesn't harm the thread, but it's not a spoiler so it's kind of out of place. On a busier thread it would likely push the conversation away from actual spoilers. I've seen it happen way too many times.
Maybe it is a spoiler that they get back together? I have no idea why NBC picked that photo. They used a couple on the SVU one too, but I don't watch that show, so I have no idea if that is a ship picture. If it was a fan made image I might agree. But, it's the official image NBC decided to use. I don't think they thought about it starting a ship war. They are probably not aware of who ships who. Maybe they feel that Ben and Grace are the heart of the family? Maybe it was the first photo they grabbed. Maybe they are Gracen fans?
Old 12-23-2018, 04:00 PM
Elite Fan

I guess I do not understand the need to police the Spoiler thread instead of letting the moderators of this thread speak up if they think of is getting off track. “Ship” things are often used to represent a show. And to most members of the General Audience, to whom the ad is aimed, they see the currently only married couple at the heart of the Stone Family. Not a ship war.
Old 12-23-2018, 04:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Ship things don't represent a show. Imo, very few of the collection NBC released actually represent their shows.

Mods can't be in every thread all the time, and they're not always going to know if something is a spoiler or not because they often have to check threads for shows they don't watch. It's not too much to ask for us to stick to spoilers.

Considering the way the show has been played out, I don't think anyone is supposed to see the married couple as the heart of the family, the siblings are, but they shouldn't be solely used either because they alone do not represent the whole show. Doubt NBC put much thought in it at all, tbh, probably just went with the happiest pictures they could find. The SVU one isn't a couple but doesn't represent the show as a whole either. This discussion doesn't belong in this thread, though

Leigh Tumblr
Old 12-23-2018, 04:25 PM
Elite Fan

They quoted a song lyric as a pun and most likely wanted a romantic picture with it. They were not going to post something promoting adultery, so they chose the only non adulterous couple in the main cast. Doubt they see it ship related.

And yes the siblings are the heart of the show. One could argue Ben and Grace are/were the heart of the family since every family scene happened at their home. Nor am I sure that it has played out that they are completely finished yet. The show is not over. I keep my options open on canon pairings on every show until the end, and go with the flow.

We are going to have to agree to disagree about it.
Old 12-23-2018, 04:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

They picked the wrong show then, because this show is not romantic, and I wouldn't want it to be. It doesn't matter at all, but I would have much preferred none of them used a couple. Couples don't make shows and it's about time networks and writers got over that idea.

I don't think they're finished yet at all. The show has pushed me to a point where I don't care how they get there, but I fully expect them to reunite. Maybe that's just wishful thinking because I want Danny gone, though.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 12-23-2018, 04:42 PM
Passionate Fan

Hopefully, this show will be around for awhile and I fully expect relationships to change. The core relationships that will likely continue to be important are Ben/Michaela/Olive/Cal, because those are the blood relationships. The couples will likely get together and break up many times, but I highly doubt the network thinks about ships unless someone forces them to do so. I don't really even think about ships. Danny is an obstacle to fulfilling his role as a father. He stands as a reminder that Ben lost time with is daughter.

ETA
To put it in some context, for Thanksgiving NBC picked a food to represent each show and they picked cornbread for Manifest. I don't think they put much thought into it.
Old 12-23-2018, 04:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Urgh I hope they're not on/off repeatedly. I hope the writers make their minds up early on and focus on the real story. Danny better not last past season 1. He can have a relationship with not his daughter Olive if he must, but I don't want to see it.

Networks do think about ships sometimes. Just this year NBC spent weeks using ships alone to promote the shows. It was annoying, I unfollowed all three shows official accounts because of it. It depends on what they think they can gain from it, if they're trying to promote or just do something fun to keep the current fans talking etc. I think when it's an entire project devoted to one show, they are definitely thinking about the ships.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 12-23-2018, 09:56 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Urgh I hope they're not on/off repeatedly. I hope the writers make their minds up early on and focus on the real story. Danny better not last past season 1. He can have a relationship with not his daughter Olive if he must, but I don't want to see it.

Networks do think about ships sometimes. Just this year NBC spent weeks using ships alone to promote the shows. It was annoying, I unfollowed all three shows official accounts because of it. It depends on what they think they can gain from it, if they're trying to promote or just do something fun to keep the current fans talking etc. I think when it's an entire project devoted to one show, they are definitely thinking about the ships.
I have noticed they tend to use drama to get clicks and get people to respond. It is not my favorite thing to see though.
Old 12-24-2018, 10:28 AM
Elite Fan

Per google the synopsis for episode 10

Quote:
Ben struggles to trust a journalist who wants him to participate in a Flight 828 podcast; Michaela's callings rise to a whole new level when they are accompanied by hallucinations; things get complicated when Olive invites Danny over for dinner.
New promo pics here

ETA

nbcmanifest We're going to learn a lot more about the blood marker Saanvi found... #Manifest

ETA2

Official press release synopsis from NBC

Quote:
Michaela’s (Melissa Roxburgh) mystifying, next-level calling launches her on a mission that brings her relationship with Jared (J.R. Ramirez) to a head. Determined to protect his family, Ben (Josh Dallas) explores an alternate meaning to Michaela’s calling that leads him to a new alliance and a powerful new adversary. Cal’s (Jack Messina) struggle with Ben’s absence from home forces the Stones into an agonizing confrontation that could alter the family’s fabric forever.
Poor Cal

Last edited by Austenphile; 12-24-2018 at 12:38 PM
Old 12-24-2018, 04:07 PM
Passionate Fan

I feel awful for Cal and Olive. How can the fabric be altered more than it already has been?
Old 12-25-2018, 04:58 AM
Elite Fan

Right? The flight altered the fabric forever and then the separation made it even worse. What’s left? Cal leaving with Ben while Olive and Grace go with Danny? And Cal refusing to talk to them?
Old 12-25-2018, 11:09 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
Right? The flight altered the fabric forever and then the separation made it even worse. What’s left? Cal leaving with Ben while Olive and Grace go with Danny? And Cal refusing to talk to them?
That is the only thing i can think of that could further split the the family. Olive and Cal need to be together.
Old 12-25-2018, 01:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Considering Ben and Mick are living in a motel, I can't see Cal going with Ben.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 12-25-2018, 01:31 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Considering Ben and Mick are living in a motel, I can't see Cal going with Ben.
I cannot either. I just cannot figure out what would alter the family fabric more than they have already been altered.
Old 12-25-2018, 01:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Maybe Ben confronting Danny pushes Olive further away?

Leigh Tumblr
Closed Thread   Post New Thread