Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2008, 04:48 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TummyKisses (View Post)
They should have a smiley that furiously nods it's head.

Nooo, they shouldn't.
Old 11-06-2008, 04:50 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxLP_TLAxxx (View Post)
Seems like we have a lot to say today

Tftnt!
Today? Dude, we haven't shut up all week
Old 11-06-2008, 04:50 PM
Master Fan

Lucas would have ended up just like Dan and Deb had he married Lindsey. it would have been a seriously miserable and toxic relationship. Frankly, I think Lucas is already too much like Dan for my liking.

'Cause I don't know who I am, who I am without you All I know is that I should
And I don't know if I could stand another hand upon you All I know is that I should
'Cause she will love you more than I could She who dares to stand where I stood
JohnSara
Old 11-06-2008, 04:52 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eragon194 (View Post)
That is exactly the problem I have too. When you just leave all your shipper biases behind and ultimately sit down to watch the show, what's being shown onscreen, like the above, you start to question the true love that the writer is supposedly selling. In no way, the point that LP were dumped, then they came back to each other, should have been as valid as the point that they were dumped because of love for each other. The latter should have overshadowed the former. This is how they ruined the whole thing for me. Season 5 was starting to make it look like that one of them had gotten it right, but sadly, that wasn't the case.
So is this the reason why some people are losing their LP love or getting frustrated?

I think that Julian dumping Peyton is very consistent to their story.

In every single one of the flashbacks I think Peyton always knew that she was in love with Lucas, but because she thought he had moved on so did she. So now shes in this great relationship that she is content with, why would she break up with Julian? That would make no sense. She already knows he can't measure up to Lucas. Fair enough some may say that she shouldn't be in the relationship in the first place and should wait till shes over Lucas, but what if that never happens. Be alone forever? from the age of 19?
Same goes for Lucas. But the difference with him is that he had a reason to break up with Lindsay when Peyton came back for him.

But then again what is he suppose to do? I don't think the whole 'denial' thing is that far fetched. I don't think its that easy to be in a 2 year relationship where you genuinely love the person and turn around and say:

"Oh hey theres my ex girlfriend who I haven't seen for 4 years. Clearly my love for you is nowhere near what i feel for her. Oh yea and btw you know the whole time we've been together? I constantly think about her. Now that shes back, bye".

SO ultimately it had to be Lindsay and Julian to dump them.

And what your saying bout the 2 arguments, from an objective view that are just as valid as each other: I don't see how one automatically cancels the other one out. They can both be true at the same time.
Old 11-06-2008, 04:53 PM
Extreme Fan

You guys see the description of Peyton in the opening of Lucas' script he was writing in 609? He was setting the opening scene of the pilot. He was describing Peyton driving her car furiously and his description of her was: "As she put the finishing touches on her femme fatale/homecoming queen looks."

Peyton did have this dangerous look about her in season one. That go to hell attitude - I loved it.

I like Lucas saw her as a bit of a femme fatale - a bit of a danger. But it wasn't a danger of her pulling a gun on him or anything like that. His danger with her was losing his heart.
Old 11-06-2008, 04:53 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2AC (View Post)

Nooo, they shouldn't.
That smiley's had one too many espressos
Old 11-06-2008, 05:07 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delirious & Delusional (View Post)
So is this the reason why some people are losing their LP love or getting frustrated?

I think that Julian dumping Peyton is very consistent to their story.

In every single one of the flashbacks I think Peyton always knew that she was in love with Lucas, but because she thought he had moved on so did she. So now shes in this great relationship that she is content with, why would she break up with Julian? That would make no sense. She already knows he can't measure up to Lucas. Fair enough some may say that she shouldn't be in the relationship in the first place and should wait till shes over Lucas, but what if that never happens. Be alone forever? from the age of 19?
Same goes for Lucas. But the difference with him is that he had a reason to break up with Lindsay when Peyton came back for him.

But then again what is he suppose to do? I don't think the whole 'denial' thing is that far fetched. I don't think its that easy to be in a 2 year relationship where you genuinely love the person and turn around and say:

"Oh hey theres my ex girlfriend who I haven't seen for 4 years. Clearly my love for you is nowhere near what i feel for her. Oh yea and btw you know the whole time we've been together? I constantly think about her. Now that shes back, bye".

SO ultimately it had to be Lindsay and Julian to dump them.

And what your saying bout the 2 arguments, from an objective view that are just as valid as each other: I don't see how one automatically cancels the other one out. They can both be true at the same time.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:10 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the new thread Carly.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:12 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I would have loved Lucas if he'd said that. "Peyton's back. Buhbye Lindsey! "
Old 11-06-2008, 05:16 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by awakeningjenny (View Post)
Yea but then we might actually feel sorry for Lindsay and who would want that?
Old 11-06-2008, 05:18 PM
Elite Fan

I wouldn't have felt sorry for Lindsey if Lucas had packed her bags for her three seconds after Peyton got into town
Old 11-06-2008, 05:21 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
I wouldn't have felt sorry for Lindsey if Lucas had packed her bags for her three seconds after Peyton got into town
Well, of course not. I, for one, have never felt bad for cardboard in my life. It's cardboard for fck's sake!
Old 11-06-2008, 05:25 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
|LoVe|
Old 11-06-2008, 05:29 PM
Part-Time Fan

Old 11-06-2008, 05:39 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:

Thank for the new thread Carly!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread