Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2017, 05:59 PM
Passionate Fan

Aww, I'm sad that VG is leaving. If his character dies, Jax will be so devastated. I don't think Lily will be the next Firestorm unless something happens to the baby.

I loved him in Alias too. He was perfect in that role.

Love was here. It made me complete, happy. How could I easily let it go?

my LJ - Icon credit is Luv!
Old 10-12-2017, 06:06 PM
Loyal Fan

Legends of Tomorrow - Episode 3.04 - Phone Home - Press Release

Quote:
“Phone Home” — (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, LV) (HDTV)

HELPING ONE OF THEIR OWN — The Legends learn that Ray Palmer (Brandon Routh) will die because they broke time, causing them to race back to 1988 to try and save his life. When they arrive, they are surprised to learn that young Ray Palmer has befriended a time-displaced baby Dominator putting him in harm’s way with the government and the Dominator’s mother. New to the ship and missions, Zari (Tala Ashe) must find her place and learn to trust the team. Meanwhile, Stein (Victor Garber) begins working on a secret project on the ship which makes Rory (Dominic Purcell) and Jax (Franz Drameh) suspicious. Caity Lotz, Maisie Richardson-Sellers and Nick Zano also star. Kevin Mock directed the episode written by Matthew Maala (#304). Original airdate 10/31/2017.
Source: X

The Rogue Prince
Old 10-12-2017, 10:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarice83 (View Post)
Legends of Tomorrow - Episode 3.04 - Phone Home - Press Release

Thanks for the press release.
Old 10-13-2017, 04:50 PM
Loyal Fan

Legends of Tomorrow - Episode 3.03 - Zari - Promotional Photos

Source to view the photos in larger size and detail: X

The Rogue Prince
Old 10-13-2017, 07:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the promo pics.
Old 10-16-2017, 04:25 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Legends of Tomorrow's Maisie Richardson-Sellers on Amaya's new journey
The actress teases why Amaya was mostly MIA in the season premiere

DC’s Legends of Tomorrow returned last week, but one member of the team was missing in action.

Tuesday’s new episode of DC’s Legends of Tomorrow will swiftly answer why Amaya (Maisie Richardson-Sellers) left the team behind as they look to her for an assist in one last mission. TL;DR: Ray (Brandon Routh) and Jax (Franz Drameh) accidentally set a saber tooth tiger loose, so they need an animal expert.

As viewers saw in the premiere, Amaya had left Nate (Nick Zano) to return to her village, knowing full well the grim future that awaits Zambesi. “She sees Mari for the first time on TV, and she sees what an incredible superhero she is and realizes that her happiness has to be sacrificed in order for Mari to exist,” Richardson-Sellers tells EW. “She has to stay true to what the timeline says.”

However, as teased in the premiere, Amaya’s powers have grown in the interim, as we saw not one manifestation of an animal, but at least four at the same time. “She discovers some new powers in her totem, which changes everything for her, and really makes her question what it means to be a hero, and is she still a hero now that she can’t control her powers any more?” Richardson-Sellers says.

If Amaya is to return to the team, it will certainly be awkward for Nate since she left at, let’s say, an inopportune moment. “You have this great scene where you see what our life was, because we were living together, and it’s this beautiful, fun, faithful, romantic relationship,” Richardson-Sellers says. “Then suddenly I disappear, so he’s pissed basically. She totally ghosted him, and he has no idea why.”

Amaya’s power overload aside, viewers know that Amaya’s granddaughter Kuasa (Tracy Ifeachor) — who was the villain on the CW Seed animated series Vixen, then voiced by Anika Noni Rose — is among the villains facing off against the Legends this year. For the time being, however, Amaya will be unaware that their foe is family. “That [reveal] hasn’t happened yet, but I assume it’s going to be really confronting because the reason I went back to the timeline was because I knew my granddaughter Mari was going to be a hero,” Richardson-Sellers says. “Now going back also means I have an evil granddaughter. So it’s like, what can I do? Either way it’s going to lead to creating a murderer and a hero. So I think it’s going to be hugely confronting for her.”

The Rogue Prince
Old 10-16-2017, 07:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Thanks for the info.
Old 10-17-2017, 07:06 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Legends of Tomorrow star on Kuasa's resurrection
Plus, Maisie Richardson-Sellers on her ‘dream’ season 3 reunion

Vixen villain Kuasa made her debut during Tuesday’s episode of DC’s Legends of Tomorrow — but the implications of her arrival are even scarier than what’s on the surface.

In the closing moments of the hour, a mysterious acolyte of new villain Mallus resurrected Kuasa (Tracy Ifeachor), who rose from the water and reconstituted into being — a huge red flag for those who have seen the CW Seed animated series Vixen.

For those who didn’t watch Vixen, Kuasa (then voice by Anika Noni Rose) was the main antagonist in season 1. As the sister of future Vixen Mari McCabe (Megalyn E.K.), Kuasa saw the Anasi totem as her birthright. Long story short: She eventually stole the water totem, but ended up using it to help Mari fight this other big bad, a warlord named Eshu, who had destroyed their village. Eshu ended up killing Kuasa with the fire totem before being taken out by Vixen.

Here’s what this all means: Mallus has the ability to bring people back from the dead! Legends fans already assumed as much since the producers had previously hinted that the Damien Darhk (Neal McDonough) who would be returning this season is a post-season 4 of Arrow version of the character, meaning he’d somehow be resurrected. Also, EP Marc Guggenheim previously told EW that the events of Vixen would factor into Legends this season. If Mallus can bring anyone back to life, who else could be next?! The possibilities are endless!

But moving on to more important matters: It’s no coincidence that Kuasa’s arrival coincides with Amaya’s own totem going out of control. As Amaya herself says during Tuesday’s episode, her powers are basically on the fritz, causing her to attack and viciously slay young men who had come to her village. “It’s tough because it’s kind of humiliating for her,” Richardson-Sellers tells EW. “All she had was being a superhero and then that’s almost taken away from her. The team helps her, and Nate [Nick Zano] helps her a lot, and that brings them a lot closer. This is the first time she’s actually asked for help. She was always a strong, independent woman, and so she shows that vulnerability and brings her one step closer to the team.”

And though she’s revealed this twist to the team and sought their help, her struggles are far from over. “Her totem starts to take over, so the powers of the chosen start to dominate and she becomes — not evil — but she becomes an exaggerated version of Vixen,” Richardson-Sellers says. “So instead of just stopping violence, she’ll just slaughter everyone. It’s a new intensity to her powers, which they later find out is connected to Kuasa, but Amaya doesn’t know that Kuasa is related to her, so it puts her at a really odd place. She’s always had a very crystal clear, black-and-white view of being a hero, and now she’s actually in the gray area herself.”

Though Mari was mentioned (and even briefly seen on the news) during Tuesday’s episode, it’s unclear whether she’ll be brought back into the fold this season on Legends — Megalyn E.K. brought the character to life on Arrow during season 4, a.k.a. the season that featured Damien Darhk. “I really hope so,” Richardson-Sellers says of seeing Mari this year. “It would be the dream to have all three of us together and I don’t know that there are any hopes of it, but I know nothing’s been confirmed or denied yet. It would be great.”

The Rogue Prince
Old 10-17-2017, 11:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Thanks for the latest.
Old 10-18-2017, 05:41 PM
Loyal Fan

Legends of Tomorrow - Episode 3.05 - Return of the Mack - Press Release

Quote:
“Return of the Mack” — (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, DLV) (HDTV)

HELPING ONE OF THEIR OWN — When Nate (Nick Zano) thinks he has found a pattern to the anachronisms, it leads the Legends to London in 1897 to hunt down a time-traveling vampire. When they arrive in London, they run into Rip (guest star Arthur Darvill), but not everyone welcomes him back so quickly, leaving Sara (Caity Lotz) to make a tough choice in the end. Amaya (Maisie Richardson-Sellers) tries to connect with Zari (Tala Ashe), but she is still struggling with being part of the team. Meanwhile, Stein (Victor Garber) discovers what Ray (Brandon Routh) and Jax (Franz Drameh) are up to and is not entirely pleased. Dominic Purcell also stars. Alexandra La Roche directed the episode written by Grainne Godfree & Morgan Faust (#305). Original airdate 11/07/2017.

The Rogue Prince
Old 10-18-2017, 10:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the press release
Old 10-20-2017, 01:12 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Interview: Marc Guggenheim Talks Legends of Tomorrow Season 3

DC’s Legends of Tomorrow are back with what has so far been a very successful start to their third season.

We spoke with Executive Producer Marc Guggenheim about what to expect from coming episodes of the series that features a ratgag team of time-traveling misfits, previewing new characters like Zari and asking about an inevitable meeting between the Lance sisters. Enjoy!

DCLEGENDSTV’s CRAIG BYRNE: What can you say about Legends’ newest addition Zari (played by Tala Ashe)?

MARC GUGGENHEIM: She is awesome. She’s a real breath of fresh air, both in terms of Tala’s performance and in terms of, I think, the character. We always like it when there are people who can come in and sort of “take the piss” out of our not-so-heroic Legends. What’s fun about Zari is that she’s got this different perspective because she’s from the future. She’s seen that, despite everything the Legends have tried to do, the world’s still a pretty crappy place. So, she looks at things with a bit more of a jaundiced eye, and I think we play that for some comedic effect.

What kind of abilities does Zari have?

She basically can control air, so her powers are a little bit like Avatar the Last Airbender. As a practical matter, it means that she can fly. She can create wind blasts. She can manipulate the air around her. It’s a very nature-based power, which is a good contrast to our “water witch” Kuasa and her water powers. I think you’ll find that there are some interesting things going on with Zari and her power set.

Did you enjoy teasing fans earlier this year with the notion of a character that didn’t first appear in DC Comics?

I think any question that begins with “did I enjoy teasing fans” gets a resounding “yes” from me. But I particularly enjoyed this specific tease. Because it’s fun! The DC Universe has got such a length and breadth to it, and there are comic books, and there are movies, and there are TV shows… I grew up loving the Shazam! and Isis live-action shows on Saturday morning, and having this character be inspired by the Isis character of that live-action show… it tickles me enormously.

Speaking of comics, is it ever jarring going from writing the X-Men (in the X-Men: Gold comic book series) to playing with the characters of the DC Universe in Legends?

Yes, it can be. In my comic book writing, I jump back and forth between the DC Universe and the Marvel Universe, and I always say that as a writer they “handle differently,” as if they were two different kinds of cars. So it can be a bit jarring, in the same way it can be jarring in my day to go from Arrow to Legends and back and forth because they’re so tonally different.

When I first started out with my career, it was very difficult to go from one project to another in a single day, and now I’ve had so much experience doing it that it’s relatively easy. One morning I’ll be working on an X-Men script, and then jumped from that straight into the Trollhunters series that I’m doing on Netflix, and then straight from that to Legends. So, it is jarring, but it gets a lot easier with experience.

Do you have different approaches to how you handle the powers of Nate Heywood compared to, say, the powers of the X-Men’s Colossus?

The beauty of doing Colossus is that I don’t have to think twice whenever I want Colossus to steel up, because it’s free, whereas every time Nate steels up, it’s expensive. So, that’s probably the biggest difference: One is a little easier to achieve, or at least cheaper to achieve than the other.

I think the other thing is that they’re very different characters. I mean, yes, the powers are the same, but Peter [Colossus] is so different from Nate, and Nate is so different from Peter. Peter’s such a serious guy, and Nate’s a little bit more of a kook, so their voices as characters are different.

How long will we have to wait to see the White Canary and the Black Siren meeting, and what might that mean for both characters?

That’s a good question. I would say right now we don’t have a story planned, to have Sara and Laurel together… we always love to do that, and obviously that’s a confrontation that would be really awesome… it’s just a little tricky because the Legends are running around time, and because of the nature of the crossover this year, we just didn’t have the opportunity to tell that story.

I would say it’s on our bucket list, but we don’t have any plans to do it at the moment. We’d certainly like to!

Can you tease anything about upcoming love interests for Sara Lance, either male or female?

I can tell you that she will have love interests of both genders in upcoming episodes.

What can we expect from Damien Darhk’s role in Legends Season 3?

I would say Damien is very much the “Thawne” of the season, in the sense that last year, Thawne was driving a lot of what the Legion of Doom was doing. Even though Malcolm or Damien wouldn’t want to admit it, Thawne was very much in charge, and he was calling the shots.

This is Damien’s year to shine. He’s also the Damien Darhk of Arrow Season 4, so he’s got memories of all of the things that have happened to him, not just in Legends Season 2, but also in Arrow Season 4, and that also includes his command of magic. So, there are some fun things going on with Damien. Obviously, Neal McDonough is really wonderful in that role. You could see he’s always enjoying each of the scenes that he’s shooting. I’m looking forward to people seeing more and more episodes so that you can really see how Damien’s master plan is coming together as well as the team of super-villains that he is in the process of recruiting is coming together.

The critical response to Legends Season 2 was so good. How good are you feeling about Season 3, and what are you most excited for people to see?

I feel really good. I would say I’m just really excited about the episodes that we’ve got coming. I want to say that episode for episode, the episode’s that we’ve got coming up are stronger episode per episode than the first episodes of Season 2. They’re a little zanier; they’re a bit funnier… they’re even more emotional. I would say if you enjoyed the first half of Season 2, you’re really going to love the first half of Season 3.

The Rogue Prince
Old 10-20-2017, 03:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Thanks for the interview.
Old 10-20-2017, 07:53 PM
Loyal Fan

Episode 3x03 Promo

The Rogue Prince
Old 10-21-2017, 09:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the promo.