Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2015, 02:00 AM
Dedicated Fan

Maybe it's because I have "I love Michael" glasses on, but... I personally think him ratting out Michael wasn't ok - because as far as I understand, it was old information, that isn't useful to the police anymore - and while in real life I totally am for saying the truth and not withholding such info, this is tv. And the sole purpose of the ratting out was to get a girl. It felt a bit like back-stabbing to me. But I watch this show for fun, and sometimes a lot of the "police" details just evaporate from my mind after the episode, as they don't really interest me.

It was a jerk move from the writers to play the fans like that - but then again, it's a telenovela, and they keep playing us. I try not to expect too much from them.

I think the difference between this half and last season is that there's a baby now (I know, stupid point, but--) and that means that Jane's decisions hold so much more importance to her now. The writers are always playing the fantasy vs reality, and this is it. Everything now is reality, while in last season it was fantasy. Her baby, her love life, her writing career.

And I think now they'll introduce the new man (am I the only one thinking it's going to be her hunky adviser?)

ETA - Here's a pretty balanced view on the Rafael/Michael situation http://www.tvguide.com/news/who-is-g...ne-the-virgin/

Also - if anyone has any idea where there's a good synopsis of the show (a newer version) for the OP that would be great

Last edited by ruth_m; 11-24-2015 at 04:14 AM
Old 11-24-2015, 06:28 AM
Master Fan

I had taken a break from JTV after the fist fight episode but from the recaps it seems I can start watching again. I was really uncomfortable with that dark situation, especially since it seemed to blacken only one guy in favour of the other. I'd say they're even now... again. I wonder where this will go.
Old 11-24-2015, 06:38 AM
Extreme Fan

At this point I think they're taking both Rafael and Michael out of it for now, so Jane can have a bit of a romance with her professor. I mean you don't bring Adam Rodriguez on the show for nothing.

Also didn't see the reveal on Luisa's mother coming.
Old 11-24-2015, 07:33 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Also didn't see the reveal on Luisa's mother coming.
Neither did I, at all!

Yup Adam is definitely not there for nothing after all! And he's crazy hot. I'm going to dig this!
Old 11-24-2015, 09:44 AM
Dedicated Fan

Me three about mutter.

So for a telenovella newbie- is this adam rodriguez a big shot?
Old 11-24-2015, 09:55 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruth_m (View Post)
Me three about mutter.

So for a telenovella newbie- is this adam rodriguez a big shot?
I think he's essentially a big name because of the Magic Mike movies, but he was also in Ugly Betty (JTV's predecessor, basically) and I believe in Empire.
Old 11-24-2015, 10:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

And I guess we're back to St. Michael again
At this point is clear they're gonna free themselves from this triangle by having Jane with the new guy. We'll see how long that'll last.
Old 11-24-2015, 10:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

And I guess we're back to St. Michael again
At this point is clear they're gonna free themselves from this triangle by having Jane with the new guy. We'll see how long that'll last.
Old 11-24-2015, 11:09 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I think he's essentially a big name because of the Magic Mike movies, but he was also in Ugly Betty (JTV's predecessor, basically) and I believe in Empire.
Yeah, he was a regular on CSI too. He's a fairly big TV name. No way is he just going to stay as Jane's grumpy professor. I'm more than ready for a change up in that area. At this point I feel like that fighting for Jane isn't doing great things for Michael or Rafael and the audience could use a break.

I'm actually really interested in Luisa's mother now and how Rose fits into it. Did Rose know all along that Mutter was Luisa's mother? Did the mom set the whole thing up? Or did Rose break away and then target them?
Old 11-24-2015, 01:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Maybe it's because I have "I love Michael" glasses on, but... I personally think him ratting out Michael wasn't ok - because as far as I understand, it was old information, that isn't useful to the police anymore - and while in real life I totally am for saying the truth and not withholding such info, this is tv.
We all wear our glasses. But I'm a Law & Order fiend so it really bothers me when a police officer, who is supposed to be good and law abiding, breaks the law. A lot. And Michael has from the minute Zaz was killed. I hate it in real life and I hate it in fiction. And from Rafael's perspective, Michael spent most of Jane's pregnancy trying to find evidence that Rafael was Sin Rostro and got away with things like breaking into his office. And Nadine was involved in the kidnapping of Mateo. Something she would not have been able to do if Michael had done his job.

It's not back stabbing. Sure, Michael and Rafael have had some nice moments but overall, it's not like Michael has gone out of his way to help Rafael. Far from it. And I really need my shows to have consequences. Like, if nothing happens to Jane because she blabbed to Wesley about the Solanos, that's going to bother me. The show spent too much time on that for nothing to come of it.

I'm still bothered by Michael protecting Petra, who he didn't know, only because he needed Rafael and Petra to continue their fantasy of a marriage.
Old 11-24-2015, 06:41 PM
Master Fan

Frankly I think Rafael couldn't care less of what Michael did pre-kidnapping, as bad as it was. That's not why he did what he did.
Quote:
I'm actually really interested in Luisa's mother now and how Rose fits into it. Did Rose know all along that Mutter was Luisa's mother? Did the mom set the whole thing up? Or did Rose break away and then target them?
I guess we will see, but that's a great twist. This woman abducted her own daughter to get to Rose! Did Emilio ever marry someone remotely normal?
Old 11-24-2015, 07:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think his motives were complicated. I think he cared but whether or not he pursued any revenge always depended on Jane.

But me caring is independent of Rafael. I care.
Old 11-24-2015, 09:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I do think they were cruel to both fans they could have had Jane choose herself and temporarily put the triangle on hold. Instead of having a happy j/m episode and then micheal messes or a good j/r episode and Rafael messes up. I am more team Micheal but I felt that was bad to both fans
Old 11-25-2015, 02:52 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethally Floral (View Post)
But me caring is independent of Rafael. I care.
Totally get that
And I completely agree about consequences, and just in general - that some things are important to us personally and we care how they are presented back to us on the screen.

I have a feeling Jane won't have any more consequences to the article - she said I'm sorry, and the writers might think that's enough.

Muter -
So do you think Emilio only knew what his wife was up to (there was no body, he had to know she's alive) - or was also involved? And was he then involved with Sin Rostro's work as well?

Oh and thanks for the info on Adam Rodriguez - ashamed to say that of that list, I only watched Magic Mike (and it was not my cup of tea )

ETA - fox24 YES to your entire post
Old 11-25-2015, 07:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I really hate the message that the latino is evil and the white guy is pure as driven snow. No thank you!