Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2009, 07:27 PM
Master Fan

House S&S #26: 100 Episodes Worth of Spoilers!

Season 5 Promo Pictures

Episodes

House now airs on Mondays from 8-9 p.m.

Episode: 5.18 - Here Kitty
Airdate: 03.16.09
  • A WOMAN WHO BELIEVES A CAT HAS PREDICTED HER DEATH DESPERATELY SEEKS HOUSE'S HELP ON AN ALL-NEW "HOUSE" MONDAY, MARCH 16, ON FOX

Judy Greer ("27 Dresses") Guest-Stars

House and the team take on the case of Morgan (guest star Judy Greer) who works in a nursing home with a pet cat who only sleeps next to people if they are about to die and does so with alarmingly accuracy. When it seems the cat has predicted her own death, Morgan, convinced she is about to die, fakes a seizure in order to get to House to have him diagnose her before it's too late. House dismisses her as a nut job, but is intrigued with the claim about the cat and sets out to disprove Morgan's theory. When she falls seriously ill, he and the team are forced to get to the bottom of her mysterious illness as well as the mystery of the cat with the kiss-of-death. Meanwhile, Taub struggles with his finances and reconnects with an old high school friend at the clinic whose business successes present Taub with an entrepreneurial opportunity he had not previously considered in the "Here Kitty" episode of HOUSE airing Monday, March 16 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (HOU-518) (TV-14 D, L)

Cast: Hugh Laurie as Dr. Gregory House; Lisa Edelstein as Dr. Lisa Cuddy; Omar Epps as Dr. Eric Foreman; Robert Sean Leonard as Dr. James Wilson; Jennifer Morrison as Dr. Allison Cameron; Jesse Spencer as Dr. Robert Chase; Peter Jacobson as Dr. Chris Taub; Kal Penn as Dr. Lawrence Kutner; Olivia Wilde as Thirteen

Guest Cast: Judy Greer as Morgan West; Christopher Moynihan as Neil Zane; Jennifer Crystal Foley as Rachel Taub; Whitney Cummings as Courtney; Charlie Carter as Billy; Lorene Noh as Business-Suited Woman; Bobbin Bergstrom as Nurse
  • Nursing-home worker Morgan (guest star Judy Greer) fakes sick to get House's attention after the home’s pet cat sleeps next to her. It seems that the cat only pays a visit to people if they are about to die – and does so with alarming accuracy. While House dismisses Morgan as a nut job, he is intrigued by her theory on the kiss-of-death cat, and sets out to disprove it. When Morgan falls seriously ill, he and the team are forced to get to the bottom of both mysteries.

Episode: 5.19 - Locked in
Airdate: 03.23.09
  • A MAN INJURED IN A BICYCLE ACCIDENT IS "LOCKED IN" HIS OWN BODY AND NEEDS THE HELP OF HOUSE AND THE TEAM TO SAVE HIS LIFE ON AN ALL-NEW "HOUSE" MONDAY, MARCH 23, ON FOX

Unique Episode Shot Predominantly from Perspective of Patient

Mos Def ("Be Kind Rewind") Guest-Stars

We find ourselves inside the mind of Lee (guest star Mos Def) as he awakens after a bicycle accident in New York unable to move or communicate verbally. From his unique perspective, we hear Lee's inner thoughts as House, injured in a motorcycle accident, occupies the hospital bed next to him. House takes notice of Lee as his doctor writes him off as being brain-dead and begins to arrange his organ donations. However, House confirms that Lee is not brain dead at all, but rather has "locked-in" syndrome he is completely conscious but unable to let anyone know. As House develops a system to communicate with Lee by having him blink once for "no" and twice for "yes," he is intrigued by the case and tries to figure out what is causing Lee's condition, much to the disdain of the presiding physician. When House gets Lee transferred to Princeton Plainsboro, the team is on the case to try to save Lee. As we learn more about Lee and his family, we also see House and the team through Lee's unique perspective, lending insight into their not-so-transparent relationships. When Lee loses his ability to blink and continues to fall ill, the team must race to find the key to unlock his condition. Meanwhile, Wilson suspects House is hiding something from him when he refuses to divulge why he was in New York when he got into his motorcycle accident in the "Locked In" episode of HOUSE airing Monday, March 23 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (HOU-519) (TV-14 D)

Cast: Hugh Laurie as Dr. Gregory House; Lisa Edelstein as Dr. Lisa Cuddy; Omar Epps as Dr. Eric Foreman; Robert Sean Leonard as Dr. James Wilson; Jennifer Morrison as Dr. Allison Cameron; Jesse Spencer as Dr. Robert Chase; Peter Jacobson as Dr. Chris Taub; Kal Penn as Dr. Lawrence Kutner; Olivia Wilde as Thirteen

Guest Cast: Mos Def as Lee; Faune Chambers as Molly; John Kapelos as Dr. Kurtz; Scotty Noyd Jr. as Drake; Skye Barrett as Jolie; Bobbin Berstrom as Nurse
  • In a special episode of HOUSE, shot and told predominantly from the perspective of a patient, Mos Def guest-stars as Lee, a man who awakens in New York after a bicycle accident unable to move or communicate in any way. House, himself injured in a motorcycle mishap, occupies the hospital bed next to Lee and quickly annoys the doctors treating them both by insisting that Lee has “locked-in” syndrome. After House gets Lee transferred to Princeton Plainsboro, the team is on the case to try to “unlock” him. Meanwhile, Wilson suspects House is hiding something when he refuses to divulge why he was in New York.

Episode: 5.20 - Simple Explanation
Airdate: 03.30.09
  • Charlotte (guest star Colleen Camp), an older woman who has spent the last six months taking care of her dying husband Eddie (guest star Meat Loaf), is rushed to Princeton Plainsboro after collapsing from respiratory failure. The couple becomes a double mystery for the team when Eddie begins to improve as Charlotte’s condition worsens. The previously unthinkable becomes real when it seems that Charlotte will die before Eddie, and the team will be forced to make a difficult decision.

Episode Guide

5.01 - Dying Changes Everything
5.02 - Not Cancer
5.03 - Adverse Events
5.04 - Birthmarks
5.05 - Lucky Thirteen
5.06 - Joy
5.07 - The Itch
5.08 - Emancipation
5.09 - Last Resort
5.10 - Let Them Eat Cake
5.11 - Joy To The World
5.12 - Painless
5.13 - Big Baby
5.14 - Greater Good
5.15 - Unfaithful
5.16 - The Softer Side
5.17 - The Social Contract
5.18 - Here Kitty
5.19 - Locked In
5.20 - Simple Explanation
5.21 -
5.22 - A House Divided

Links

General Spoilers

Spoiler Columns

Quote:
Question: Another episode of House this week with little or no Cameron and Chase. David Shore promised we'd see more of them -- but when? -- Aleki
Ausiello
: Soon. "I think your audience feels that we've teased them on that too many times, but this is not a tease," Shore told me yesterday. "The last four episodes of the season, [Chase and Cameron] are going to have a larger part." And what about next season? "I haven't mapped out next year yet," he hedges, "but, certainly, it would appear so."

Question: Are House and Cuddy ever going to talk about the fact that he tracked down her old med school desk and had it delivered to her office? -- Zathrina
Ausiello
: I asked David Shore about that, too. "No, it's too late," he says. "We had it in that one episode, and it was a wonderful thing. It turned her around and he, of course, found a different way of screwing it up, and she found a way of screwing it up, and we just left it at that."

Question: Can you give at least a hint about what's ahead for Wilson on House. -- Monica
Ausiello
: Big Robert Sean Leonard episode coming up on March 9 when Wilson at long tracks down his mentally ill, homeless brother. With Taub's assistance, Wilson gets his bro back on his meds and into an institution -- but he does so behind House's back. At least he tries to do it behind his back.
Quote:
Question: This "Chameron" fix you told us about had better be major -- like major-major. Because after reading about their 100th episode diss, I am pissed! -- Greta
Ausiello: If I oversold it, I have a hunch Jennifer Morrison won't be patting me on the head, either. "I'm with the fans these days," she told us at last week's 100th-ep blowout. "I find out what's happening when you write about it." (Hey, at least she and Jesse Spencer were invited to that.) So, since I have yet to report which game-changing event will trigger the new storyline, she was clueless as to what it might be. So was Spencer, but not for lack of trying. When David Shore refused to divulge the deets, "I said, 'Go on and tell me, David, or I will bash your head in,'" the actor jokes. "He said no, and then we had a bit of a fight and he cried, and I went, 'Okay, fine. Have your little secrets.'"

Question: I heard a character might be leaving House at the end of the season. I'm scared it might be Cuddy. -- Maude
Ausiello: Though exec producer Katie Jacobs played dumb when I asked her about the rumored departure at press tour, Cuddy ain't goin' nowhere. Trust me. That's not to say that there aren't big changes ahead. Hugh Laurie teased, "House undergoes some pretty traumatic stuff in the last half of the season. Not physical but mental. They have lined it up for something fairly cataclysmic, but not, cataclysmic just for the sake of being disastrous, and not just to end the season on a crazy note." So Marcia Cross isn't gonna blow up the hospital? Er, no. "Stuff doesn't blow up," he promises. "I hope we never blow things up, ever. This event is sort of contained within House's head, [but] it is exciting."
Quote:
Question: We haven't seen much of Wilson lately on House. Do you know if there is anything in store for him? -- Morgan
Ausiello: This (he links to the spoiler about Amber possibly returning) certainly has the potential to boost his visibility.
Quote:
Maya in Milford, Del.: Any truth to the rumor that Ethan Hawke or Campbell Scott are being cast as Wilson's homeless brother on House?
None whatsoever. I caught up with House executive producers Katie Jacobs and David Shore, and they firmly debunked both those casting rumors. Katie says, "Wilson does have this brother, and David has just written a beautiful episode where that comes into play again." Any thoughts on who the brother should be? I vote for Kyle Bornheimer. Worst Week's season finale is coming up, and there's a resemblance, right?

Lily in Tennessee: Please, more House scoopage! About anyone but Foreteen!
How about the other two new kids then? Kal Penn (who just got back from Obama's inauguration) tells me, "[Kutner] does have an arc this season—you'll see him more at home, with the giant bowl of cereal, for example, and we'll see how the thing with his parents affects him," and Peter Jacobsen tells me, "There's trouble in paradise with Taub's marriage. Nothing too drastic at the moment, but there's difficulties looming."

• AUSIELLO
    : Let's get right to the big issue: Chase and Cameron. They've been sidelined for nearly two years now. Fans are frustrated. I'm frustrated. Give us all some good news.
    KATIE JACOBS: We're going to have some changes by the end of the season.
    DAVID SHORE: The last half-dozen episodes of the season, significant stuff will happen. Potentially game-changing. [As a result], you will be seeing more of them next year. We found a way to use them more.

Has the situation been frustrating for you?

SHORE: It has been. But it's a good problem to have. We've got too many good people there, and trying to figure out how to use them has been an issue. But I haven't been happy with [the Chase/Cameron situation]. I have been happy with what we've been doing with them. The quality is still there, it's the quantity I'd like to see more of.
    JACOBS: But it's a marathon. Cameron and Chase are definitely still very much a part of the fold, and how we continue to unravel their story is hopefully enjoyable to the audience.

Fans resent the fact that Olivia Wilde is getting so much screen time. They feel it's coming at the expense of Cameron. They've even taken to deriding the show as "The Thirteen Hour."
    SHORE: I know. It's unfair. One definitely has nothing to do with the other. I think Olivia is great. I think Thirteen's an interesting character. It's not like we're going, "This will be a good story for a girl, let's give it to Thirteen [instead of Cameron]." They're two very different characters and we're trying to find ways to use both of them as much as possible.
    JACOBS: When you have 24 episodes a year and this is a fifth year, the fact that they want to see more of anybody is great. There are so many stories we have left yet to tell.

The other hot topic, House and Cuddy. It's time they had some sex, guys.
    SHORE: They've got to, right? We're with you on that.

It's only really a matter of where they have it now, right?
    JACOBS: Where do you think they should have it?

One of their offices would be too obvious.
    SHORE: The glass walls in the hospital would be the problem there.

Inside the MRI machine?
    SHORE: I like that.
    JACOBS: Nice and cozy.

So, basically, they are having sex this season, yes?
    SHORE: It's actually way more complicated than that.
    JACOBS: It's not all that complicated, David. It's just sex.

Quote:
Dec in Norman, Okla.: I am so sick of all the mushy stuff on House. Please tell me the character hookups take a back seat to the diagnoses in the new year. I can't handle it anymore.
Mmmm...sorry, can't make any promises like that. Just talked to executive producer Katie Jacobs and she told me, "Our weekly medical mysteries are the meat and potatoes—and I say that because I love meat and potatoes—but it's fun to break those conventions and get a little more personal." So can I offer you a nice, well-balanced meal with meat and potatoes and candy-coated Cuddy on the side?

If you have anymore spoilers that you would like in this post just post them in this thread or send them to me via PM. If you think someone is unfairly credited or have any other problems just let me know. Spoilers are always subject to change.

Previous Thread

Last edited by meli5; 03-12-2009 at 07:36 PM
Old 01-29-2009, 07:30 PM
Total Fan

TFTNT!
Old 01-29-2009, 07:36 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Oh, but got the feeling from the episode recaps that he doesn't accept it when they the end
Oh, he says he doesn't, but you can tell he does. As someone else said, House is being House. Oh, and by the way, judging by the ridiculously long loving smile Cuddy gives him at the end, you get the idea that these pranks were nothing but a plot device for Cuddy to realize that she actually does love him for who he is - and what he does. It's cheap, but it seems promising from now on.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:38 PM
Total Fan

I thought so. I just wish they were more creative than that
Old 01-29-2009, 08:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This is so weird! I wrote that post you quote above here instead and deleted it in the previous thread, and now it's gone here!
Old 01-29-2009, 08:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Music

TFTNT!

Quote:
judging by the ridiculously long loving smile Cuddy gives him at the end, you get the idea that these pranks were nothing but a plot device for Cuddy to realize that she actually does love him for who he is - and what he does.
Dumb plot device if you ask me.
d o w n bad
jess + tmblr | icon
Old 01-29-2009, 11:57 PM
Elite Fan

i mean i trust the writers most of the time, but they are irking me with the storyline. there are ways to make House feel guilty without hurting him. but as it was said in the last thread, House doesnt get angry with retaliation, as Wilson has played pranks on him before aswell. but it just seems to be taking a step too far IMO.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:47 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread
Old 01-30-2009, 12:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Music

I don't know, I just hope things get back to normal after monday.
d o w n bad
jess + tmblr | icon
Old 01-30-2009, 12:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Answer_the_pepperoni (View Post)
I don't know, I just hope things get back to normal after monday.
maybe she is just pulling the pranks on House to get her anger at him "out of her system"?

if that makes sense lol

then after their talk at the end of the ep they'll be back to nomal
Old 01-30-2009, 01:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love that he says he wants things to get back to normal, in that third sneak peek, and that the only way to win the war is to lose it. He missed her, he wanted to have her back, so if he has to go through a wounded knee, sleeping at the hospital for a night (this happens, right?) and let her take her anger out on him through pranks to have things get back to normal again, he accepts it, he'll let her, and I like this, I think it fits them I wouldn't expect them to sit and talk about what's bothering her, and I bet many people would even be annoyed if a scene like that happened. I could imagine them fighting as usual, but I guess this time maybe she's just not in the mood for the yelling so she decided to go with the pranks - go down to his level, as she says. I don't think this is bad at all, not until I see it, anyway, then I'll be able to say whether it was or not a good idea from the writers. I rarely judge ideas before I see how they play out
Old 01-30-2009, 01:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Music

Quote:
sleeping at the hospital for a night (this happens, right?)
Yeah, Cuddy calls the electric company pretending to be "Mrs. House" At least that's what I've read.
d o w n bad
jess + tmblr | icon
Old 01-30-2009, 02:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh I wanna see that, I read it too It's not the first time he sleeps there, he also did that on The Itch, when she was "bugging" him, lol
Old 01-30-2009, 02:29 PM
Loyal Fan

New Promo Photos
photos
Old 01-30-2009, 02:35 PM
Total Fan

A OT3 episode?

Closed Thread   Post New Thread