Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2013, 10:05 AM
TMM
Loyal Fan

I sort of took a step back last night and this morning, because I felt like I was losing perspective. So while away from it all, a random thought popped into my head. I know it was mentioned above that maybe Wade thinks he cheats and finds out he didn't, but is it possible that BOTH Wade and Zoe will think he cheated, but the audience would learn he didn't? I disregarded it right away because it sounded too soapy. But just wanted to throw it out there. It seemed like a way to have them apart, but the audience sympathizing with both as a product of their circumstances, and cheering for them to get back together. It also still sounds incredibly contrived, but whatever. Anything is better, right? lol.

I waffle between acceptance and denial, but I do still think there is something to the ambiguity and lack of information.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:07 AM
Dedicated Fan

All I want right now is to find out that Wade didn't cheat on Zoe, that is all! I will accept any crazy/stupid reason

The 100. Game of Thrones.
Icon: Saejima
Old 02-28-2013, 10:18 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMM (View Post)
I sort of took a step back last night and this morning, because I felt like I was losing perspective. So while away from it all, a random thought popped into my head. I know it was mentioned above that maybe Wade thinks he cheats and finds out he didn't, but is it possible that BOTH Wade and Zoe will think he cheated, but the audience would learn he didn't? I disregarded it right away because it sounded too soapy. But just wanted to throw it out there. It seemed like a way to have them apart, but the audience sympathizing with both as a product of their circumstances, and cheering for them to get back together. It also still sounds incredibly contrived, but whatever. Anything is better, right? lol.

I waffle between acceptance and denial, but I do still think there is something to the ambiguity and lack of information.
Not crazy at all. Hell I think we covered it all so far. But actually that thought came to me as well. Someone mentioned that she tweeted the actress who played Claudette.

Now we covered this here before. The actress who played Claudette is Stephen Amell's wife. She spoke like 2 sentences in 215. Why bring another CW star's wife on for that role? They don't need to throw him a bone by giving his wife a few speaking lines. She is already an established actress. Any upcoming actress could have played that part.

I always got the indication that Claudette knew Wade would be there. The sides actually say that. That was cut from 215 when we saw it. So I assumed that she was someone that Wade knew. And that is where the LA connection came in.

Another thing bugging me is why did Wade even bother saying the girl's name in 216 to George. Why give the girl who he slept with a name to the audience? The ONS from Christmas remains nameless.

And we have LA coming back to BB in 217 for who knows what purpose.

I also started thinking that maybe Wade just realizes that he needs to change. He really hit his low. He could have a talk with Lavon which I hope happens in 217. Lavon could see that he is genuine in his wanting to change and being sorry. That could explain the change from 217 Lavon to 218 Lavon. I don't see that happening unless there is something said.

We also have Rose saying that LA was crazy and capable of anything.

So basically if I start spinning in my head I can come up with all sorts of scenarios. Although I'm past the did he or did he not cheat phase. For me that isn't the whole story. The story is Wade reaching the point where it became a possibility and losing everything and needing to make that choice to turn his life around. That is the real story. Now if it comes out he didn't cheat that is just icing on the cake. And to get that I'll accept any contrived soapy story they want to sell me, but it isn't necessary.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:24 AM
Dedicated Fan

it was a very sad and moving episode indeed... but the thing is... these writers are trying to make it real... and life is ups and downs...
I dont feel that they wrote a OOC Wade...
#Revenge | #PrettyLittleLiars | #HawaiiFive-O | #WhiteCollar | #Fringe | #2BrokeGirls | #Suits
#GamesOfThrones | #TheGoodWife | #Spartacus | #Supernatural | #Dexter | #Homeland

@MVitto | JMOLOVEForum
Old 02-28-2013, 10:30 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVitto (View Post)
it was a very sad and moving episode indeed... but the thing is... these writers are trying to make it real... and life is ups and downs...
I dont feel that they wrote a OOC Wade...
I agree and disagree.

Episode 215 was season 1 Wade. So that wasn't OOC. And season 1 Wade probably could have cheated.

Season 2 Wade that we had been shown so far this season most definitely would not have. The problem is we've had 2 Wades. We got a lot of season 2 Wade this season. And we forgot a lot about season 1 Wade. He was charming and adorable, but clearly he had issues. Season 2 Wade was wise and growing up and mature.

Again Wade and Lemon's journeys are very close. There are a lot of parallels. So think of it as Wade 1.0 and Wade 2.0. He isn't quite to Wade 2.0 but he is past Wade 1.0. He is actually at Wade 1.5.

So all season we've been thinking we had Wade 2.0 when really he was just 1.5 with a lot of 1.0's issues buried. And in 215 he slid all the way back to season 1 Wade. That is all it was. We got spoiled with the new and improved Wade who is in love with Zoe and trying really hard to make things work even though up to now things have been minor. Yet at some point the cracks were going to start showing and he was going to have to address his issues. Probably because he didn't up to now is why everything happened at once and it all just blew up. And now he is going to have to work to get to where he wants to be which is the self confident Wade he needs to be in order to be in a relationship with Zoe.

And although I'm past the did he or didn't he, I still would much prefer that he didn't. And that is because that is a major hit to his character that is hard to come back from. It is a taint that doesn't go away. No matter how much he improves himself that is what will always be hanging over his head.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:59 AM
TMM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracie76 (View Post)
Not crazy at all. Hell I think we covered it all so far. But actually that thought came to me as well. Someone mentioned that she tweeted the actress who played Claudette.

Now we covered this here before. The actress who played Claudette is Stephen Amell's wife. She spoke like 2 sentences in 215. Why bring another CW star's wife on for that role? They don't need to throw him a bone by giving his wife a few speaking lines. She is already an established actress. Any upcoming actress could have played that part.

I always got the indication that Claudette knew Wade would be there. The sides actually say that. That was cut from 215 when we saw it. So I assumed that she was someone that Wade knew. And that is where the LA connection came in.

Another thing bugging me is why did Wade even bother saying the girl's name in 216 to George. Why give the girl who he slept with a name to the audience? The ONS from Christmas remains nameless.

And we have LA coming back to BB in 217 for who knows what purpose.

I also started thinking that maybe Wade just realizes that he needs to change. He really hit his low. He could have a talk with Lavon which I hope happens in 217. Lavon could see that he is genuine in his wanting to change and being sorry. That could explain the change from 217 Lavon to 218 Lavon. I don't see that happening unless there is something said.

We also have Rose saying that LA was crazy and capable of anything.

So basically if I start spinning in my head I can come up with all sorts of scenarios. Although I'm past the did he or did he not cheat phase. For me that isn't the whole story. The story is Wade reaching the point where it became a possibility and losing everything and needing to make that choice to turn his life around. That is the real story. Now if it comes out he didn't cheat that is just icing on the cake. And to get that I'll accept any contrived soapy story they want to sell me, but it isn't necessary.
Yeah, see, in my scenario of the audience knowing and him not knowing involved showing LA giving Claudette money for carrying out her crazy plan. That is SO ridiculously soapy. So some of the above stuff fits that and it is interesting, but I probably need to get back to that place I was at yesterday where it doesn't matter if he did or didn't, because this is all about his journey to finally wanting to change things in his life... to follow his dreams/goals.

I don't know why I was suddenly so angry today.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:24 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMM (View Post)
Yeah, see, in my scenario of the audience knowing and him not knowing involved showing LA giving Claudette money for carrying out her crazy plan. That is SO ridiculously soapy. So some of the above stuff fits that and it is interesting, but I probably need to get back to that place I was at yesterday where it doesn't matter if he did or didn't, because this is all about his journey to finally wanting to change things in his life... to follow his dreams/goals.

I don't know why I was suddenly so angry today.
That would be one of mine as well. And I can imagine that is why LA comes to BB. And also to see how her plan went.

Then as I mentioned in the ZW thread there is the whole him using the same excuse that he used with Tansy and him being smarter than that. So going with the he doesn't know scenario it was subconscious on his part because he really did want to get caught although he was lying. He had to know that George would tell Tansy and it would get back to Zoe.

I can't get past that he seemed to be sincerely begging when he was on the bench with Zoe. So I have to think that he thinks he cheated.

The other is that I don't know what Wade is up to or if he sets something up to push Zoe away.

And yes I'm fully going over board here. LOL Spinning and speculating can be fun at times. Although I'm fully aware that the simplest and most plausible answer is that he cheated and we move on.

Last edited by Tracie76; 02-28-2013 at 11:30 AM
Old 02-28-2013, 12:52 PM
Passionate Fan

I know some people speculated about Earl's death. Don't you think it's the only thing that could precipitate a Zade reunion despite the stupid cheating thing? Like a heartbreaking conversation between Zoe and Earl with "my son always loved you blah blah blah" ?
Old 02-28-2013, 01:07 PM
TMM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
That would be one of mine as well. And I can imagine that is why LA comes to BB. And also to see how her plan went.

Then as I mentioned in the ZW thread there is the whole him using the same excuse that he used with Tansy and him being smarter than that. So going with the he doesn't know scenario it was subconscious on his part because he really did want to get caught although he was lying. He had to know that George would tell Tansy and it would get back to Zoe.

I can't get past that he seemed to be sincerely begging when he was on the bench with Zoe. So I have to think that he thinks he cheated.

The other is that I don't know what Wade is up to or if he sets something up to push Zoe away.

And yes I'm fully going over board here. LOL Spinning and speculating can be fun at times. Although I'm fully aware that the simplest and most plausible answer is that he cheated and we move on.
That's why my gut always told me that he had to just be cheating, because usually the simplest answer is the correct answer. Rarely is it as complicated as we're making it. But then I remember it's a TV show, so... lol.

The bench scene really does complicate everything. But I'm mostly at the point where I need to see what it seems like their goal in writing this is... is it really a way to make George look better and to facilitate a GZ relationship? If so, I'm out. I was so convinced it wasn't that, but then I've been doubting it lately, which is probably why I woke up angry. If this is actually about writing a good story for Wade, at the very least, I can stick around for that. And it does sound like he's getting a real shot at making changes in his life.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:04 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurène (View Post)
I know some people speculated about Earl's death. Don't you think it's the only thing that could precipitate a Zade reunion despite the stupid cheating thing? Like a heartbreaking conversation between Zoe and Earl with "my son always loved you blah blah blah" ?
nooooooooooo! i love earl. i don't think they'd kill him this season. they could do too much with that story development between him and wade. but i do think all that jarred money might come into play with his bar

Old 02-28-2013, 02:07 PM
Elite Fan

I'm where it is probably something simple, but not what we saw. And I'm way over thinking it. And the more I look or think of things the more confusing it gets. And then I'm back to square one. LOL I just need Tuesday to get here already. And I didn't think I'd be saying that after Tuesday night.

There are too many pieces. I don't know where everything fits and something still seems off. So interpret that anyway you'd like.
----------------------
Over the summer I was sure that Earl was a goner. Now I'm not so sure. I'd rather they keep Earl around. I think that relationship needs to be repaired for Wade. I'd also like to see Jesse back.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:15 PM
Elite Fan

Someone just sent me this speculation at Tumblr so I'm not taking credit for it. I keep forgetting the whole Jonah thing in this. I sort of forget about Jonah at times. LOL

Quote:
Say LA confirms to Wade that they infact didn't sleep together and Wade didn't cheat. Then Wade goes to tell Zoe, but sees her w/ Jonah by the pond. That could be why they don't get back together. Also, I don't think LA tells Zoe that Wade didn't cheat, because in the promo we see Zoe singing "Run from Wade" which is presumably after she meets LA. I doubt she'd be saying that if she just found out Wade didn't cheat
Old 02-28-2013, 02:17 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I'm where it is probably something simple, but not what we saw. And I'm way over thinking it. And the more I look or think of things the more confusing it gets. And then I'm back to square one. LOL I just need Tuesday to get here already. And I didn't think I'd be saying that after Tuesday night.

There are too many pieces. I don't know where everything fits and something still seems off. So interpret that anyway you'd like.
----------------------
Over the summer I was sure that Earl was a goner. Now I'm not so sure. I'd rather they keep Earl around. I think that relationship needs to be repaired for Wade. I'd also like to see Jesse back.
Oh no you're not
Old 02-28-2013, 02:22 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_ness (View Post)
Oh no you're not
You know what is ridiculous. I don't even care if he cheated any more or not. I am so beyond that. It is just trying to figure out what in the hell actually happened. Although of course every scenario has him not cheating.

So going with the spec that was sent to me.

Claudette really is just the car battery.

Somehow perhaps Wade crashes at LA's. Or Claudette is friends w/ LA. Whatever. LA needs to be connected to telling Wade that he didn't sleep with her. Maybe he wakes up in bed with her and just doesn't remember. So she comes to town to return something or whatever. And then she clears it up for him.

If Wade sees Zoe with Jonah right after they break up he isn't going to like it. He is heartbroken and it looks like she has moved on already to someone who is what he is not.

Now does he tell her the truth when she comes to yell at him or let her believe he cheated? That I don't know. He could tell her the truth and they still not get back together because he has seen her with Jonah.

But whatever he gets his butt in motion after this to change.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Someone just sent me this speculation at Tumblr so I'm not taking credit for it. I keep forgetting the whole Jonah thing in this. I sort of forget about Jonah at times. LOL
That sounds quite possible but why then in 2x18 are they civil? If Wade see's her with Jonah then he'd have to say nothing in 2x17 otherwise she'd presumably flip about all of it.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread