Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2007, 10:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Izzie cried for...Izzie. She wasn't crying because she slept with CALLIE'S husband.

Derek/Meredith is not the same thing as Izzie/George. I don't know why everyone brings that up. Meredith did not know he was married; and also, Addison slept with his BEST FRIEND.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

We've gotten into some bad issues comparing MerDer and Gizzie in this spoiler thread, so I don't want to do it again, but I'll say I think it's comparing apples and oranges. I wish I had another thread to explain that, but I can't think of one on the GA board, lol, so I'll just leave it alone other than that. I don't think the MerDer vs. Gizzie "If you like MerDer you can't hate Gizzie" thing needs to come up here again.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:51 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristofle (View Post)
I didn't see any genuine shame on Izzie's part and in fact found it insulting, and I'm not even Catholic.
I actually am Catholic but that's beside the point.

Quote:
There was the 401 "Callie's a bitch." "Word!" scene, for example. scoffing about how she can take Callie and Callie's just some boarding school brat.
See, again I saw both of those scenes as funny, it made me laugh. I don't know, maybe it's KH's comedic acting, or maybe it's because I view it as a t.v. show and not the one thing upon which all morals should be centered upon. It's half comedy and half drama and I just take it as such. And it's true, it is probably biased of my feelings for the characters at this moment (like I said, I was a big Callie fan before but the second half of season three till now I really haven't been --> so I did find the "Callie's a bitch" "Word" to be funny. It was a nice group interacting scene as well, I loved the whole scene with everyone and how they played and spoke to one another).

Quote:
To change the subject for a minute, I don't really like the second sneak peek either. If that's Derek, erm, teaching Cristina to be a better resident, I think I can live without it. If that's them sharing scenes, I think I'd prefer it if they didn't.
Yeah I agree. I find it kind of odd that Derek comes down on her that harshly when yesterday Bailey said specifically that if an intern get's in the way of saving a patient then a resident has every right to put them in their place. Of course Cristina is a harsher, but that's just Cristina's MO.

And I really don't want to get into the whole MerDer vs. O'Stevens debate. I've gone in depth on that, and there is a valid point to be made there but we shouldn't go into it again. If you want to go back in the spoiler thread or the Grey's Episode 1 thread (I explained in depth the comparisons and debated there), then feel free to.

I agree with True_Daisy_Lover everyone involved had at least a little fault in the entire situation, even Callie.

Last edited by autumn reverie; 10-12-2007 at 10:58 PM
Old 10-12-2007, 10:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I don't have any problem with Katherine's acting- Katherine played my favorite female character on Roswell. I'm sad that I can't like Izzie the way I loved Isabel. But I just can't get behind this, or behind her. Or find it funny, when Callie's life is being systematically ruined and Izzie is crucial to that. I also think the way Shonda is going about doing the humor is inappropriate, like this fight. It's not the same thing as Meredith getting high- #1, Meredith was high on morphine, and #2, even high Meredith acknowledged that Addison had the right to hate her and didn't owe her anything. And there were the panties on the board, which Meredith, whom I adore, had coming to her. THOSE are the ways to play the humor in this. Not have the woman who slept with Callie's husband trash talk her in the cafeteria and get ready to fight her. To me, that's offensive and makes Izzie look ignorant and shameless.

Cristina maybe didn't have to demand Lexie leave, since it is a teaching hospital, but all Derek really should have done there was say that Lexie could stay. Lexie could have SERIOUSLY damaged that kid; Cristina had the right to tell her to back the hell off. Derek has no right to act like Lexie did nothing wrong and Cristina wasn't right to tell her to back away from the patient, and I'm unclear why he responded like that. He even treated Meredith harshly in the pilot when she ****ed up with the patient- it's scary and frustrating, and Lexie is Cristina's intern. I'm unclear why Derek is so concerned with Cristina yelling at her for making a mistake. Bailey's been as harsh, lol.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Callie's not to blame for her husband cheating with another woman. George should have ended the marriage and skipped into Izzie's arms, for all I care.

And it's certainly not funny if Izzie doesn't feel BAD. She shouldn't be preparing to fight. She should have been standing in that cafeteria with a shameful look on her face, trying to apologize to Callie.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:06 PM
Absolute Fan

I completely agree with you on the Christina and Derek thing (as my previous post suggests), so I'm not going to argue there.

Quote:
when Callie's life is being systematically ruined and Izzie is crucial to that
Like True Daisy Lover said before, Izzie is not the only one who should be held accountable for the "ruining of Callie's life". Everyone played their part, especially George the one who was actually married and even Callie for taking advantage of an emotionally vulnerable man (not only accepting the proposal, but actually proposing that they get an insta-wedding right away before he has time to process and possibly change his mind. If George and Callie just been engaged then everything wouldn't have become this screwed up, but that's beside the point.

Anyways, like I said, there is no more point in us debating this. I completely understand you're (CreekFreak and Cristofle) point of view and can see where you are coming from (trust me, I can) I did say earlier that I would've preferred Izzie telling Callie to punch her because she deserved it (from a dramtic point) but from a comedic point this situation works too. But, I can't argue when the other person cannot see my side or thinks theirs is an absolute right (no offense). I respect your opinion, and you have brought up valid points (as have I and others). There are always multiple ways of looking at any situation, morally grey areas (especially when it comes to a t.v. show), and so I urge everyone to please remember that whenever engaging in a debate (so that it doesn't turn into a hateful argument). That is all
Old 10-12-2007, 11:08 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Meredith did not know he was married
i dont want to fight either...im tired lol..i just wanna add that meredith was well aware of his marital status during the exam room and when she went to him with her "pick me choose me love me".

Quote:
Cristina maybe didn't have to demand Lexie leave, since it is a teaching hospital, but all Derek really should have done there was say that Lexie could stay. Lexie could have SERIOUSLY damaged that kid; Cristina had the right to tell her to back the hell off. Derek has no right to act like Lexie did nothing wrong and Cristina wasn't right to tell her to back away from the patient, and I'm unclear why he responded like that
agreed 1 million percent... i saw that and was like wtf? maybe in the show it will be explained better....christina was a little harsh, but 100% right in that situation.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

No offense, but some people act their opinion is "absolute," that's why there's debating back and forth. Some debate their SAME opinion. No one has changed their minds.

I see where you're coming from, I just absolutely don't agree.

Moving on, Derek needs to stop yelling for no reason.

Quote:
i just wanna add that meredith was well aware of his marital status during the exam room and when she went to him with her "pick me choose me love me".
Derek and Addison were separated after Addison slept with his best friend on their bed. It's not the same thing as Gizzie.

EDITED for clarity.

Last edited by CreekFreak; 10-12-2007 at 11:29 PM
Old 10-12-2007, 11:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

well I think the merder situation is pretty much exacltly the same and I agree that what they did is fine, but when GI do it, its all of a sudden horrible.

Just my take.

Can we talk about why Shonda is making Alex such an ass again?! What happened to all his character devolopment. gah.

Old 10-12-2007, 11:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Oh, trust me, lol. I am equally pissed off at George. He's not in the sneak peek as much, so I haven't talked about him as much, but I am every bit as pissed off at George, possibly more. I'm generally NOT of the opinion that one should solely blame the other woman when the real villain is the cheating husband, but that adjusts slightly for me when the woman is aware the man is married- it's not AS wrong, but still deeply wrong for me. And George is the one I didn't like before any of this, while I used to like Izzie. But like I said, he wasn't in the sneak peek as much so I didn't talk about him as much.

I just don't know why Derek got so ANGRY! It's not even like him. That clip really struck me as weird.

Edit: used to like IZZIE, lol. I still love Callie.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:14 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
No offense, but everyone acts like their opinion is "absolute," that's why there's debating back and forth. Everyone debates their SAME opinion. No one has changed their minds.
I wouldn't say everyone does because I know for a fact that I don't act as if my opinion is "absolute" because then I would find myself ignorant. So I wouldn't make that broad of a generalization. There are some people that can be strong in their belief and yet be able to actually hear and understand the side of the opponent. You can still understand the other side and debate with strong conviction.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightofshadows (View Post)
I wouldn't say everyone does because I know for a fact that I don't act as if my opinion is "absolute" because then I would find myself ignorant. So I wouldn't make that broad of a generalization. There are some people that can be strong in their belief and yet be able to actually hear and understand the side of the opponent.
I'm not making generalizations about anything. The fact that we're arguing about the same topic, with the same opinions, means we haven't changed our minds.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:22 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
but everyone acts
Technically saying that everyone acts a certain way is making a generalization by definition. Furthermore, "not changing one's mind" does not mean that they believe their opinion is the absolute right. That person may realize that there are flaws within their thinking but still think that their position is more convincing than the other position (but not necessarily, "100% correct, everyone who thinks otherwise is stupid" <-- that would be thinking in absolute)

And you also stated that "no one has changed their minds" when that may not be exactly true as well. I know that every time that I walk away from the debate (if the arguments are solid) my view is at least altered to see and sympathize with the other side of it. I, for one, have actually been listening (reading) what you all have been saying and absorbing it. When I respond with a counter argument, it is in hopes that one of you will do the same and possibly open your mind to an alternate way of thinking (point of view). I may think a certain scene is funny but I don't assume or expect that everyone else should feel that way as well. Likewise, when I find a scene "disgusting" I don't assume that everyone else should (if thinking logically) see that scene that was as well.

Last edited by autumn reverie; 10-12-2007 at 11:29 PM
Old 10-12-2007, 11:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This is the internet. I'm typing quickly. "Some people..." Go with that.

And, this is way off topic. Spoilers.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I have a really bad feeling that the Derek thing is TOTAL bottom of the barrel scraping for MerDer angst. Derek reams out Cristina unfairly on Lexie's behalf- Meredith doesn't like see her friend treated like that and furthermore doesn't understand why Derek is so gungho on defending Lexie when he doesn't do that with anyone else.

BOTTOM OF THE BARREL IF THIS IS WHAT YOU'RE DOING, SHONDA.

I hope I'm wrong, but I just can't see another point to it. And it fits into "Suddenly you're friends with my sister" from the promo.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread