Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2007, 09:49 PM
Master Fan

From what I hear Callie loses it on a patient later on, which is worse. She has already sped the whole episode cooped up hiding, I can see her losing her job over her unprofessional behavior.

I don't blame Izzie for wanting to protect herself, Callie is pretty scary when angry, remember how she physically assaulted poor Meredith, as Joe said in his blog, Callie is a little bit nuts and all cagefighter and the whole hospital think they are fighting, not just Izzie, so are they all losers?

Addison just did the panties thing, I think Callie will do worse, Addison had a lot more class.
Old 10-12-2007, 09:51 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Izzie isn't her own being. The writers/creators write and shape her character and I react to it. It IS Izzie. LOL.
Correct. But you referred to disliking Izzie for playing up the comedic level of the situation. And like I said, she didn't. Izzie did not even laugh during the entire scene...meaning that she does not find it funny, she finds it serious. The actress KH (along with direction from the directors) gave it a comedic tone, but Izzie didn't smile or laugh once throughout the scene, so it would be unjustified to blame her for "joking" or "making light of" the situation with Callie. She genuinely believes, and with good reason, that Callie wants to fight her.

Quote:
writing Izzie this way, as if the HORRIBLY wrong thing she did can be taken lightly.
Again, Izzie is not taking the situation lightly -- she has spent many episodes crying over it. And again I must state that she didn't make light of the situation at all in the scene: she didn't laugh, she seriously talked about how some things are worth fighting for, and she honestly believed a fight was coming (as did everyone else in the hospital).

Last edited by autumn reverie; 10-12-2007 at 09:59 PM
Old 10-12-2007, 09:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Which is just disgusting to me. How is Callie not the victim in this situation? She is to me regardless of how Shonda tries to backtrack now.

And exactly. Shonda is writing Izzie this way, as if the HORRIBLY wrong thing she did can be taken lightly. And seemingly forgetting that Callie could probably break her in half without trying- boarding school beatings can hurt as much as trailer park beatings, baby doll.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:05 PM
Absolute Fan

We must agree to disagree then

I am actually looking forward to the scene in the sneak peek, I think it's hilarious and I really like the comedic part of Grey's Anatomy. It's a tv show and one that happens to be based on a lot of adultery And I, for one, actually enjoy both the drama and comedy if I regard it as just a t.v. show. But I can understand if some people don't think the scene is funny.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, as you are. And, like I said, I believe it is important to respect everyone's opinion. And even though you may think that me and mariem's point of view is "disgusting", I still respect your point of view and believe that you are justified in it, as we are justified in ours.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

But would you laugh if George was married to Izzie and cheated on her with Callie? Probably not. It's all about who you like.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I didn't mean the POV was disgusting. I was talking about the way Shonda is writing this. As if Callie somehow deserves to be FURTHER punished by being a **** up and losing her job, despite the fact that she's lost her marriage and been cheated on. THAT is what I find disgusting. That Shonda is literally giving Callie nothing here.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:12 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreekFreak (View Post)
But would you laugh if George was married to Izzie and cheated on her with Callie? Probably not. It's all about who you like.
Actually, I love Callie's character -- I have ever since S3 episode 1 when Callie decided to "leave the room for no reason at all" and then when she grabbed the panties off the board. It doesn't mean that I like the George/Callie relationship, since I believe her character was perhaps stronger before that. However, yes, I do like Callie's character (or used to before all this triangle drama). So please don't assume that I don't. I would still find a possible Callie v. Izzie smackdown funny, it's practically been two years in the making. They both disliked each other all the way back to the Mer/George drama

Quote:
that Shonda is literally giving Callie nothing here.
Of course Callie doesn't deserve it, but then again life isn't always fair. And yes, Shonda is really breaking Callie down this season but she broke down all the other characters before as well. Mer: found out that derek was married and wouldn't leave his wife and it broke her, she almost died, her disapproving mother died, her father blamed her for something that wasn't her fault. Christina: got left at the altar by the man she loved, the man that she gave 3 seasons too (a lot more that Callie with George). And Izzie: Denny died, her optimism broke for awhile and she spent her time on the bathroom floor, her daughter came back with cancer and in urgent need of her help, and then she fell in love with a man too late. George: his dad died, he rushed into marriage, he fell in love with Izzie (against his own moral code), and he failed his exam and has to spend a whole extra year paying for it. And Addison, she was broken down a lot as well.

It's simply what Shonda does, she breaks the characters down so that they will learn from life experiences and hopefully build themselves back up again. This year just happens to be Callie's year for failure and bad breaks.

Last edited by autumn reverie; 10-12-2007 at 10:18 PM
Old 10-12-2007, 10:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Callie's character was brought on for George. There was no Callie before Callie/George. Callie's first scene was with George, and they were dating like two episodes later.

ETA: not that you can't like Callie without liking Callie/George- I've never liked George and I always liked Callie. But I don't understand the "stronger BEFORE Callie/George", because there was no Callie before Callie/George.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightofshadows (View Post)
Actually, I love Callie's character -- I have ever since S3 episode 1 when Callie decided to "leave the room for no reason at all" and then when she grabbed the panties off the board. It doesn't mean that I like the George/Callie relationship, since I believe her character was perhaps stronger before that. However, yes, I do like Callie's character (or used to before all this triangle drama). So please don't assume that I don't. I would still find a possible Callie v. Izzie smackdown funny, it's practically been two years in the making. They both disliked each other all the way back to the Mer/George drama
So you'd find it hilarious if George cheated on Izzie? That's awesome. Seriously. LOL. And I wasn't assuming anything, I've just never encountered a fan who would think it was funny if their ship was destroyed like that. I'm being serious, btw. Please don't think I'm mocking you or anything!
Old 10-12-2007, 10:21 PM
Absolute Fan

I don't find it funny that George cheated on Callie. Not at all. And I wouldn't find it funny the other way around as well. But I do find the Izzie vs. Callie cafeteria girlfight funny though. That is between Izzie and Callie (not George and Callie or Izzie and George). Like I said, they've pretty much hated each other and have been leading up to this fight since even before the George and Izzie thing happened. (LOL CreekFreek, I didn't think you were mocking me )

Quote:
Callie before Callie/George
Misspoke there, I meant in the Callie scenes independent of George (not before him). The scenes with Callie without George in them (which happened more in season 3 when I liked her and she had interaction with Addison, Mer, and others)

Last edited by autumn reverie; 10-12-2007 at 10:42 PM
Old 10-12-2007, 10:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

But the George/Izzie thing DID happen. Any higher ground Izzie EVER could have had with Callie, any RIGHT she could have had to treat her like this, is gone. She slept with Callie's husband. If Callie wants to hate her for the rest of her life, if Callie wants to tell the hospital that Izzie slept with her husband, then I really wish Izzie would realize she deserves it. That's what's so lacking here. Izzie's realization that, as Shonda said, she is the villain here now in Callie's life. She's, TO CALLIE, the bitch who slept with her husband. And Callie has every right in the world to view her like that. Callie doesn't owe her even the most basic respect anymore, and never will again.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:35 PM
Absolute Fan

I would argue that Izzie does know that she is the villian in Callie's life. In this weeks episode in fact she states that she is "the other woman". Obviously, Izzie knows that she is not in the right here -- otherwise she wouldn't have gone to confession to ask forgiveness for her sins. She knows that it's serious ... but there are always other points of view. In Izzie's world she is fighting for the man she loves, and in Callie's world Callie is trying to do the same thing.

I don't know, I'm the kind of person who always sees every point of view (which is how I can like Izzie and like Callie). It actually frustrates me a bit when someone (real person, not a fictional person) acts as if their view is the absolute one, but I won't be angered by it. Every one is entitled to their opinion, and since I can usually understand where it's coming from, I respect that.

So I'm not going to bash either Callie or Izzie or even Shonda's character her, because it's not what I do nor is it imperative that I do so. But again, we can respectfully just agree to disagree.

Last edited by autumn reverie; 10-12-2007 at 10:41 PM
Old 10-12-2007, 10:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I won't go into the confession scene again because it's a past thing, but suffice it to say I didn't see any genuine shame on Izzie's part and in fact found it insulting, and I'm not even Catholic.

I've just consistently, and see it again, a refusal on Izzie's part to really be ashamed about Callie. There was the 401 "Callie's a bitch." "Word!" scene, for example. WTF? Izzie, WTF? WHERE is your SHAME? Where is your REGRET, not for George (which is the only time I've seen any sorrow or regret on Izzie's part, if it's effecting her latest unavailable obsession) but for CALLIE? Even if you don't like her, you had no right to do this to her. And there she is again in the promo, scoffing about how she can take Callie and Callie's just some boarding school brat. I would never sleep with another woman's husband, but let's suspend reality for a moment and pretend I would- I certainly wouldn't TRASH TALK her afterwards. It's not funny to me. It's appalling.

To change the subject for a minute, I don't really like the second sneak peek either. If that's Derek, erm, teaching Cristina to be a better resident, I think I can live without it. If that's them sharing scenes, I think I'd prefer it if they didn't.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:45 PM
Dedicated Fan

im sick and tired of everyone claiming that george and izzie show no remorse for what they did. WTF? they have shown the most remorse for their actions. from 'scars and souvenirs' on they barely smiled, izzie cried in almost every episode, and george went to about 10,000 different people for advice.

george and izzie showed far more remorse than derek did for having exam room sex with meredith (and meredith didn't feel guilty at all) and alex showed even less for fooling around with olivia (hate him).

the thing that gets me the most is how people can cheer for meredith when she went to derek and said "pick me choose me love me" while he was still married, (dont get me wrong, i cheered as well) but i also cheered when izzie said "im in love with you, and i hope your in love with me too....it just irks me that george/izzie get villified while derek and meredith are worshipped.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think that we can all agree on.

George/Callie they both went into the marriage think that one was going to the other's partner and that they share so many simlarities at the time that brought them together and now through this affair that is coming to light that Callie couldnt fill that void that George felt when he lost his dad. and George couldnt be that "guy" that callie wanted. Do I think it shouldnt have gone down like this no of course not, they all need to deal with this and their actions since they all hold and I am including all parties here they all played a part on how they got to this point in the first place.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread