Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2009, 12:42 AM
Master Fan

Gossip Girl S&S #693: Because if the VanderBassHumphreys were a reality show, everyone would watch.

Welcome to the Gossip Girl spoiler and speculation thread, feel free to post about any upcoming story-line and discuss it with the other people in here. We urge you to not bash the actors nor the users because it's not allowed by the rules, but anything else with a good argument is welcomed.

Effective immediately, the Spoilers Board Moderators reserve the right to temporarily close any thread that does not heed four official warnings given on any issue. This means that, if the Spoilers Board Moderators have to come in with four official warnings about any issue whatsoever, within 24 hours or so, then that particular thread will be temporarily closed. The duration of closure is subject to the Spoilers Board Moderators' discretion. Upon re-opening of the temporarily closed thread, said thread will be closed again if any warnings are given within 24-48 hours of the reopening. Lastly, if numerous warnings need to be given over the course of a week, and the moderators suspect an attempt to get around the "four warnings" rule to avoid closure, we reserve the right to temporarily close the thread.

Hiatus for 5 weeks

Episode 2.18: The Age Of Dissonance
Airdate: March 16, 2009
Description:
Promo & Sneak Peeks: BLAIRANOID PROMO, MENT-WHORE
Writer:
Director:

Episode 2.19: The Grandfather
Airdate: March 23, 2009
Description:
Promo & Sneak Peeks:
Writer:
Director:

Episode 2.20: Remains Of The J
Airdate: March 30, 2009
Description:
Promo & Sneak Peeks: Audition Tape for Gabriel, Audition Tape for Gabriel #2 NB Hug; CV Shrug, NB's Big Wet One, NB Meet-Cute
Writer:
Director:

Hiatus for 2 weeks

Episode 2.21: Seder Anything
Airdate: April 20, 2009
Description:
Promo & Sneak Peeks:
Writer:
Director:

Episode 2.22:
Airdate: April 27, 2009
Description:
Promo & Sneak Peeks:
Writer:
Director:

Episode 2.23:
Airdate: May 4, 2009
Description:
Promo & Sneak Peeks:
Writer:
Director:

Episode 2.24:
Airdate: May 11, 2009
Description:
Promo & Sneak Peeks:
Writer:
Director:

Episode 2.25:
Airdate: May 18, 2009
Description:
Promo & Sneak Peeks:
Writer:
Director:

Kristin said what?:
- The plan is to have the love child be a major character next season.
- Message from Vanessa to Blair: "What goes around, comes around."
- Nate and Blair will seek comfort in each other's mouths.
- Dan and Serena will continue to go in circle for a few episodes before Dan gets involved with the teacher.
- Nate and Vanessa will be going strong. She will help him a bit with the Chuck situation.
- CB are done for now. They will be attending 3 different colleges.
- RL are triggering Kristin's morning sickness. No CB-officialness this season.
- Money problems for Rufus. Poppy coming back for Serena.

Ausiello scoops:
-A new love triangle for Serena that will eventually set in motion that whole Anne Hathaway-inspired plot I told you about last week. What I failed to mention in that story was that when Serena's grifter love interest is first introduced, he's in a relationship with her socialite bud, Poppy Lifton!
Exclusive: 'Gossip Girl' spots Anne Hathaway-inspired plot | Gossip Girl | Ausiello Files | EW.com
- Stephanie Savage says that even though Nate and Blair "look really cute together kissing in the snow," Chuck and Blair fans should still "hang in there."
- Nate gets a rich, married, Vanderbilt cousin in his 20s.
- Serena and Anne Hathaway will have something in common.
- Lily and Rufus' love child will appear on the show in April or May.
- The show is casting the possibly recurring role of an "unassumingly cute" 16-year-old male. Sounds like Jenny's getting a new suitor!
- Gossip Girl will have 25 episodes this season!

Interviews:
- - According to Korbi, Nate and Blair will be but a blip on the GG timeline.
- - Photographer Patrick McMullan will have a cameo in a future episode.
- - SpoilerTV says: They are casting for a dashing socialite male in his 20s. He will be on the show from 2.20 - 2.24.
- - According to Stephanie: Dan and Blair will play each other's love interests, and Serena will have a big story line at the end of the season that will include one of Blair's biggest foes.
- - According to Stephanie: They will be doing prom and graduation. Georgina is coming back near the end of the season.
- - According to Stephanie Savage: Vanessa will go to college; Nate and Blair will continue to be friends; Dan and Blair will star in a school play together; Nate will feel a pull towards " the people he started his journey with" and surprising feelings will come to the surface.
- - According to Josh: "Certain times a situation is so dire that it requires the assistance of even your most sworn enemy. It just might come to pass that Serena and Blair find themselves in a situation where they have no recourse other than to recruit Georgina Sparks."
- - According to josh: Dan and Serena's secret half-brother again. (I'd explain the previous sentence more fully but it would take up way too much space).
Schwartz did say that Michelle Trachtenberg would be back around April and May as troublemaker Georgina Sparks, and Chuck (Ed Westwick) and Blair (Leighton Meester) would remain at the forefront of the show.
"We get that that [relationship] works for people," Schwartz said with a laugh.
He also noted that many of the show's teen characters "graduate at the end of this year -- that's going to be a very big deal and it will shape direction of the show heading into Season 3."

Magazines:
- - According to New York Magazine:
Adam Green and the Misshapes make a cameo appearance at a party Serena throws for Little J, where the two girls get into a fight.
Next season will be college, but some characters won't be attending.

Unknown/Other sources, but reliable, nonetheless:
- Dashing young man being cast for episodes 20-24. (Source: SpoilerTv)

Old 02-19-2009, 12:51 AM
Extreme Fan

TFNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by faythele (View Post)
I don't think that they are stupid enough to do that, unless they permanently want to kill CB. If Chuck actually somewhat even implicate 1% Blair is a **** or anywhere close to that, he will be crucify by many people and it's just not by B fans only.
They've already pretty much destroyed a lot of the CB sacredness to me in some ways. I could see them doing it some more.

I get that C is a character that people love to hate, but I thought it was cool that he could be that and then something more. I loved the way his charcter was going and I find myself becoming more and more dissapointed. I feel like his character has a lot of wasted potential... as well as Nate.

And I really enjoy the CB dynamics when they are on good terms, but I agree that their relationship (if it gets explored again) should not be about one-uping and having them be equals all the time...it should not be eye for and eye kind of thing.

I do think that they are twin souls in some ways though, because of the similarities in their struggles and also in the humanity/vulnerabilities they constantly try to hide.

Last edited by chucklover; 02-19-2009 at 12:56 AM
Old 02-19-2009, 12:52 AM
Master Fan

CB are just not the same as they were in season one.. at all. It's been a really big disappointment, imo.

The only scene that remotely touched me was the hugging scene after his dad died.
Oh, What can it mean?
Old 02-19-2009, 12:55 AM
Extreme Fan

It is a big dissapointment. I wonder what they are trying to get at with all this craziness that's going to be happening? I just don't know anymore. Just when you think you are starting to figure out the characters, what drives them to do what they do, and what you think they want...it all explodes in your face and then you have to wonder all over again. It's irritating.
Old 02-19-2009, 01:59 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tutorgirlx (View Post)
CB are just not the same as they were in season one.. at all. It's been a really big disappointment, imo.

The only scene that remotely touched me was the hugging scene after his dad died.

hello all i' new please put me in the list
Old 02-19-2009, 02:01 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:

i'm cry...

btw i'm new please put me in the list
Old 02-19-2009, 03:09 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:

I agree that CB are not the same as in S1. I love season 1 CB.

I think that the writer took too much risk with CB purely because of their popularity. They just assumes that just because everybody loves CB, they can do all sorts of things with them. And no matter how bad it is, the fans would still enjoy/watch them.

I just find it so ironic that S1 Chuck would drop everything for Blair when he didn't know how she feels. Yet the Chuck now would ditch Blair for some whores when he KNEW she loved him.

I'm a Blair fan, so I will always love her. I also love Chuck, not as much as Blair. I can never be mad at Chuck, but his recent SL has been really disappointing. I still love him, but not with Blair. Now I just want them to go their separate ways. After everything, I think that CB dating someone a bit different from them is actually a good thing for them.

I don't ship NB either, but seeing Blair happy in all those pics definitely makes me excited to see NB again. Even though I want NB to happen again, but I know this is not their time. I truly believe that NB will get their fair chance in the future, just not now. Right now, they are starting from scratch and reconnecting with their friendship. Atleast that's what I hope will happen. But we'll never really knows what's going to happen until the ep. air.

Right now, I just want Blair to destroy that traitor Nellie Yuki and make her miserable.
Old 02-19-2009, 03:41 AM
Elite Fan

I like that Ca/B cheapens NB a lot.
And CB aren't like in season 1 and it makes sense. THey're still on their journey learning how not to destroy each other and dealing with the disapproval and loss of the persons they love/value most.

To me the struggle should have stopped at the end of 14. I'm confused as to why it went on but I guess it's still related to Bart/Yale.

But overall, it's obvious CB receive a completely unfairly big amount of angst...
I really hope it changes next season
And if one day you should behold a miracle, as I have in you, you will learn the truth is not found in science, but by looking into your own heart. And in that moment you will be blessed - and stricken.
For the truest truths, are what hold us together, or keep us painfully, desperately apart.
Old 02-19-2009, 03:53 AM
Master Fan

Ca/B doesn't cheapen NB imo. It seems more like B has the option of Carter but chooses Nate.

Old 02-19-2009, 04:05 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiCaRdiBrEeZa (View Post)
Ca/B doesn't cheapen NB imo. It seems more like B has the option of Carter but chooses Nate.
I don't think it's much of an option though. I'm sure Carter does it partly to mess with C and turns out to be evil and then next episode NB happens so basically no buil-up...
And if one day you should behold a miracle, as I have in you, you will learn the truth is not found in science, but by looking into your own heart. And in that moment you will be blessed - and stricken.
For the truest truths, are what hold us together, or keep us painfully, desperately apart.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:10 AM
Loyal Fan

To me it seems Blair is in self-destruct mode with everything that has happened and what has been shown in the promos.

What annoys me the most is the fact that the whole Jack SL thing has been over looked and no answers appear to be coming up.

Plus WTH Savage!! What are we suppose to be hanging onto here?!?!

Icon:laura
Old 02-19-2009, 04:15 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by blairetchuck (View Post)
I don't think it's much of an option though. I'm sure Carter does it partly to mess with C and turns out to be evil and then next episode NB happens so basically no buil-up...
I'm pretty sure that's what happens. I don't see them building them NB up, just like they didn't build up CB's reunion last season. I'm sure 95% sure that The whole Carter think doesn't have anything to do with Nate. If might, I mean I don't know the truth for sure, but for me BaCarter leading to NB don't make sens because I don't see Nate vaing anything to do with Blair next storyline for the next two episodes. But if it does then I guess it would be a good thing because it would make NB reunion more logical.

Anyway, I'm sure that in a way, the rest of the season will be good for both CB and NB. I'm sure that Nb will have some great scenes, maybe a good opening for a future, I def can see it, or a closure, sure that wouldn't be amazing for their fans but I'm sure that the scene would be beautiful and so meaningful, but a closure never mean a closure for ever. I'm also sure that Nb will lead to some great CB moments. I hope that we will have a scene where where they're looking at each other and you just know they still have feeling for each others.
Gabrielle: "When you saw me flirting you smashed a glass. When Victor heard I had an affair he started crunching poll numbers. I need a man who cares enough to explode when he thinks he's going to lose me. I don't just love you, I love the way you love me
Old 02-19-2009, 04:16 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banna (View Post)
To me it seems Blair is in self-destruct mode with everything that has happened and what has been shown in the promos.

What annoys me the most is the fact that the whole Jack SL thing has been over looked and no answers appear to be coming up.

lol... they really need to give us more than a "hang in there" statement
Old 02-19-2009, 04:19 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banna (View Post)

Ahhh don't get me starting on the Jack thing
Gabrielle: "When you saw me flirting you smashed a glass. When Victor heard I had an affair he started crunching poll numbers. I need a man who cares enough to explode when he thinks he's going to lose me. I don't just love you, I love the way you love me
Old 02-19-2009, 04:26 AM
Elite Fan

I think C and B parallel their SLs.
Carter is B's whores
and Nate wille be B's Elle

C kissing the nanny was really tender as we noticed not sexual at all. I think he really likes her (well at first)
Closed Thread   Post New Thread