Fan Forum Hero

Vanessa is finally back?! YAAAAAY!!!!!!

What about Chuck?
Old 09-20-2010, 12:50 PM
Extreme Fan

Well, Im actually glad Vanessa is back
Old 09-20-2010, 12:51 PM
Absolute Fan

I guess my issue is I lie in between the emotional side of the writing where it is Chuck being horrible to Blair over and over which angers me and makes me want her to just stay away from him, however then I have the other side that sees that while Chuck is being a dick they are not portraying her to be miserable about it, she seems to understand every single thing he is doing and the hurt is coming from her not wanting to forgive him even though she loves him, she probably wants to help him too so that in a way might be her killing the masochist side a bit bc she refuses to go back there. Sometimes I feel we are so invested we take everything to heart 100x more than we need to. I think casual viewers will probably eat all this up, what they won't eat up is a long dragged out chase again.
And it burns,burns,burns the ring of fire
Leighton Meester ♥ HBIC
icon:Isa
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernandabrasil (View Post)
I dont even see it as S1 because at least in S1 it was balanced. But now Chuck is just being a jerk and Blair is just taking it. Another thing I dont get it. s1 Blair would never let Chuck treat her the way he is in 4x05. Things would be so much better if Blair was being a cold bitch and not just taking everything.
Yep. I agree. It's NOT S1 when you consider Blair's reactions. She's not engaging in the War, she's just counteracting his measures. She's simply trying to go to school. She's not going with the "eye for an eye" route. She's actually trying to be above it all.

So while Chuck's actions aren't any worse than what he's done in the past Blair's response makes it look VERY bad. Especially, but not exclusively given what happened after last season.
Master Fan

Quote:
And Jessica is on set today too!
lol i think you are really happy about this news
Old 09-20-2010, 12:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsalright (View Post)
He's doing something crappy, yes. But, it's not a literal life ruining, like what Juliet is attempting to do Serena.
Actually the only difference is that Juliet hates Serena (for God knows what) while Chuck is supposed to love Blair.
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

meh well atleast I know she's gone for 2 episodes. That's something atleast.
Elite Fan

Okay and also she said Chace, Katie, and Leighton were walking to set together so she assumes they have a scene together?

And they are setting up tables for a night shoot later on.......
Old 09-20-2010, 12:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernandabrasil (View Post)
Well, Im actually glad Vanessa is back
I've missed her. It sucks when both my bbs are getting screwed over.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:54 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Actually the only difference is that Juliet hates Serena (for God knows what) while Chuck is supposed to love Blair.
maybe it has to do with pete!! you know this boy which almost died through serenas fault. ok he is alive but maybe there is something still which is unsolved.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:55 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tversky (View Post)
Yep. I agree. It's NOT S1 when you consider Blair's reactions. She's not engaging in the War, she's just counteracting his measures. She's simply trying to go to school. She's not going with the "eye for an eye" route. She's actually trying to be above it all.

So while Chuck's actions aren't any worse than what he's done in the past Blair's response makes it look VERY bad. Especially, but not exclusively given what happened after last season.
You guys are forgetting that Blair didn't fight back when Chuck sent what he did in season 1 to GG, nor did she fight back after he "dethroned her in season two. She ignored him and that made him even more upset. I'm not trying to defend Chuck but ,in those cases, it played out the same way.

Christy, love your post. i think Blair gets him and his reactions to her and I'm willing to bet she goes after him....
Old 09-20-2010, 12:55 PM
Elite Fan

She said she doesn't see Ed, or hasn't seen him yet. I asked for you.

Maybe he'll be on for the night shoot. I told her to ask a bodyguard. haha
Old 09-20-2010, 12:56 PM
Master Fan

Blake Lively's Passionate "Gossip Girl" Smooch | Celebrity-gossip.net
Old 09-20-2010, 12:56 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tversky (View Post)
I'm not 100% convinced. But one reason I'm really suspicious about Chuck looking SOOOO bad in these early episodes is something LiveLaughLearn told us. She said the show was shocked by the hit Jenny took in terms of popularity with the post-finale focus groups. They concluded that any character, even a main, that got between Chuck and Blair would suffer badly in terms of popularity.

So I wouldn't be shocked AT ALL if the reason they regressed Chuck in the first part of the season was to essentially prop DB and try to protect Dan as a character. They may be overly relying on Chuck's popularity to see him though.

Frankly I was SHOCKED by how badly they wrote him in 4x5. He looks incredibly cold. Usually you get a sense the writers want you to empathize with a character but I didn't get that sense at all.

I may be incredibly PARANOID but it simply does not make sense to add more bullshyt on to Chuck's sins if they want us to root for CB right now. It feels like they are seriously VILIFYING him for a reason. (Just to be clear, I'm not talking about CJ and IP. I'm mainly refering to how Chuck is being written with this War).
But if DB is about Juliet and her plan all they'd have to do is have her drug them and that saves them both. What ever DB do, if Juliet is behind it and pushes it along the way that saves Dan. Instant fix and that wouldn't ruin Chuck, Blair, or CB further.

I really didn't expect Chuck to go declare war show up at the place she's trying to get an education and not end up looking cruel to her. From 404 alone you can tell with the way he treats Blair and talks to her. Declaring war at all was going to make him look like a villain, after all he's already done to her and yet to really pay for to heap more ontop of that wasn't going to suddenly reform him. I have no idea what it will take at this point. Since losing Blair wasn't enough, losing his life almost wasn't enough, losing Eric or peoples respect wasn't enough.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb4ever_71283 (View Post)
I guess my issue is I lie in between the emotional side of the writing where it is Chuck being horrible to Blair over and over which angers me and makes me want her to just stay away from him, however then I have the other side that sees that while Chuck is being a dick they are not portraying her to be miserable about it, she seems to understand every single thing he is doing and the hurt is coming from her not wanting to forgive him even though she loves him, she probably wants to help him too so that in a way might be her killing the masochist side a bit bc she refuses to go back there. Sometimes I feel we are so invested we take everything to heart 100x more than we need to. I think casual viewers will probably eat all this up, what they won't eat up is a long dragged out chase again.
I'm totally with you on this - casual viewers will appareciate it much more than we do. And I agree completely that Blair is shown to get where Chuck is coming from. She hasn't fought back yet because the stakes won't get high until Jenny comes into play, butshe explains his motives better than he can. She knows he didn't love Eva and Eva didn't make him happy, and she knows he's loved and lost Blair herself. That's giving her the upper hand emotionally in the first place.

I just need Chuck to hurry up and stop doing things that make him look even worse.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread