Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2009, 08:21 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scout24 (View Post)
Wasn't last year like a month and a half break though?
It was a month, I believe and there weren't any mid season replacements being shoved into GG's time slot. The thing here is that we don't know how long this break will me. That's what I don't like. If Kristin were to say it's a month and a half or 2 months, then fine but it seems very fishy to me. Plus, they're going to put the show in GG's time slot first. Then when GG comes back, the show goes in OTH's time slot. It makes no sense. How about they just get rid of Smallville which has been going on for a century?

- A Midsummer Night's Dream
Old 11-09-2009, 08:22 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverjasmin (View Post)
Was it really? I thought that last year was quick and then it was proceeded by a string of 3-5 weeks breaks.
Maybe you're right but I just remember long periods with a lot of breaks. I think we're getting all the episodes this year and that they're just pushing it back so we don't have as many breaks. Frankly, I'd prefer it that way rather than another long break like last year..
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by makry (View Post)
Taylor is that you??
if you are speaking about my icon.. yes it is
xoxo maggie
Passionate Fan

Oops, my bad. I forgot my manners. Thank you for the new thread.

Old 11-09-2009, 08:23 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiediaz (View Post)
Well it's not for no apparent reason. There needs to be a hiatus somewhere in there. I would actually prefer that there isn't so many random breaks in the second half of the season, and that it airs on a more steady schedule. A two month wait will suck though, but I think the second half of the season will benefit if thre aren't any breaks.
I mean, I know there has to be a hiatus, but it just kind of pisses me off that they just replace it with another show for that show's entire run, most likely. And we don't even know how long that could be. That article kind of made it sound like at some point GG was going on hiatus indefinitely.
icon: kajsaan | gg fashion blog
Old 11-09-2009, 08:23 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiediaz (View Post)
Well it's not for no apparent reason. There needs to be a hiatus somewhere in there. I would actually prefer that there isn't so many random breaks in the second half of the season, and that it airs on a more steady schedule. A two month wait will suck though, but I think the second half of the season will benefit if thre aren't any breaks.
Do we know that it's 2 months?

Old 11-09-2009, 08:24 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyloveschuck (View Post)
It was a month, I believe and there weren't any mid season replacements being shoved into GG's time slot. The thing here is that we don't know how long this break will me. That's what I don't like. If Kristin were to say it's a month and a half or 2 months, then fine but it seems very fishy to me. Plus, they're going to put the show in GG's time slot first. Then when GG comes back, the show goes in OTH's time slot. It makes no sense. How about they just get rid of Smallville which has been going on for a century?
Wait, they're putting it in OTH's time slot after that. Okay, then I'm actually less worried. We haven't got any breaks yet and I'd rather have a long one than the several long ones we got last year...
Fan Forum Hero

I love that the threesome is leading up to DV! Of course, first there will be some kind of estrangement, but Olivia is definitely jealous over the possibility of DV. And Dan was holding Vanessa! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK.
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by blair4eva (View Post)
if you are speaking about my icon.. yes it is
Nop I was talking to TsOnetreeHil... her name is Taylor if I recall correctly, but it could also apply to your icon
Old 11-09-2009, 08:25 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzledeyes (View Post)
I mean, I know there has to be a hiatus, but it just kind of pisses me off that they just replace it with another show for that show's entire run, most likely. And we don't even know how long that could be. That article kind of made it sound like at some point GG was going on hiatus indefinitely.
That's what bothers me...it's unclear how long the break is.

Old 11-09-2009, 08:26 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Wait, they're putting it in OTH's time slot after that. Okay, then I'm actually less worried. We haven't got any breaks yet and I'd rather have a long one than the several long ones we got last year...
I don't think we actually know it's going into OTH's timeslot. Maybe it's just airing it's full season and then GG will come back. I don't know, why have the show go on such an extended break if they're not thinking about replacing it or something?
icon: kajsaan | gg fashion blog
Old 11-09-2009, 08:27 PM
Elite Fan

Tati they are def. going to DV route. Rhona is gonna freak
"Me and you..."
"It's a date."
Master Fan

GG isn't going anywhere. And I'm one that prefers a more contained schedule. I'd rather have one long break, and then a strong string of episodes than the crap they gave us last year. I could barely keep up with when it would be on. This gives them a chance to build to a point, have a break (probably with cliffhangers) and then come back with another strong opening (that is hopefully heavily promoted). This is why LOST/24 are mid season replacements they don't work with all those breaks. I enjoy them the most because of it, so for me this is a good move, and will keep momentum for the show as long as they promote it right.

DV is hot. I almost want an icon. I can't say I totally ship it yet, but I'm getting there. I just didn't think it would have that much potential but it did. Dan was adorable in that scene, like his wildest fantasy come true, and Vanessa looked really nervous. I want more of them, pronto.
Elite Fan

Guys, they would just say GG won't continue after so and so date- they usually just say it if they aren't going to continue it. Networks aren't really embarrassed about saying so.I think it's just a break....
Old 11-09-2009, 08:28 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
SO GG will start mid February.
OTH will then go on its break 'til early April, right? Is that what you're thinking.

Which begs the question...what show will LUX take over in the fall?

Closed Thread   Post New Thread