Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2016, 05:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
i do like the idea of shawn/maya relationship obviously.
Thing is they could have a kind of relationship without having to attach her mother to Shawn.

Quote:
I have no idea what they were doing bringing Angela back to basically poke fun at Shawn and Angela and piss off their fans.
I was so pissed after the episode that I considered giving up this show. I wish they would have never brought back either Shawn nor Angela to this show so I could continue believing they finally got back together.
Old 06-26-2016, 06:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ale-la-pazza1 (View Post)
Angela....a....roadblock?................I'm gonna scream my head off.
Angela will always be the one for Shawn, the only reason he's gonna end up with that blond is because she's Maya's mom and Maya apparently needs to get everything on this effing show.
THIS.

Apparently MJ thinks Shawn being Maya's stepdad is more important than actually honoring a legacy character and that relationship.
Old 06-26-2016, 07:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ale-la-pazza1 (View Post)
I was so pissed after the episode that I considered giving up this show. I wish they would have never brought back either Shawn nor Angela to this show so I could continue believing they finally got back together.
I know it. I was really annoyed watching that episode and ranted about it aftewards.

Quote:
Apparently MJ thinks Shawn being Maya's stepdad is more important than actually honoring a legacy character and that relationship.
Sadly, they took the history of Shawn and Angela, threw it in the trash, sacrificed their history and made it about Maya is essentially what they did.

For me, if they put Shawn and Katy together maybe the Matthews (Cory, Topanga, Riley, and Auggie) will be able to have just one dinner alone if Maya's spending more time with Shawn and Katy. That's the one thing I'm hoping for, an actual dinner with just the Matthews.
Old 06-26-2016, 08:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
It's one thing that I'll always hate about this show.

Quote:
Sadly, they took the history of Shawn and Angela, threw it in the trash, sacrificed their history and made it about Maya is essentially what they did.
And that's one of the reasons I am not a fan of Maya getting everything she gets. Literally a iconic couple got thrown under the bus so she could get something.
Old 06-26-2016, 09:07 AM
Elite Fan

GMW is failing on so many levels. I also find it insulting to its predecessor. I constantly say that the biggest foundation for BMW was the Cory/Shawn friendship. Through thick and thin it's remained strong. Heck, I'm convinced they'd be married if one was a girl. Sorry even Topanga knows she's second. This show was never meant to be a teen drama with triangles. It willingly did a huge disservice to the Maya character by trying to pair her with a guy her best friend liked from the start. It was a big no no. If anyone should've been looking at Lucas like a brother, it should've been her. That's what I believe that teasing was from and no spin by the show will make me believe otherwise.

Now I don't care for either couple now because it's destroyed 2/3's of it.

Maya is no friend. I get sick of friend being thrown out like it means something and after a person shows their true self. If friendship meant that much to you then why do you hurt that friend in any way? Friends don't do that. These are children in my eyes, it really is insulting.

I'm also I'm the camp of the Matthews needing more. Poor Riley's only storyline is to be sunshine and light. Give the girl something. I especially hate how it's Maya this and Maya that. I nearly fell off my couch when they had a nerve to place her in the middle of little Ava's story. It's too much and it's off putting. It doesn't make the character more liked for some viewers, it does the opposite. I never felt like BMW made Shawn the end all be all. I can't say that same for GMW concerning Maya.

I'm also team Angela/Shawn. I refuse to believe that lackluster crap we got shown with Angela's return. In my head they are engaged and discussing children. Screw his gotta be with Katy crap so the golden one can have a family. Nope. I won't accept that.
Old 06-26-2016, 09:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I actually don't hate Maya. I am just not a fan of the love triangle cause it's not what the original was. If it was Oth i would have expected but it's not.

I watched this show to have nostalgia from the past. Not who one character who wasent originally on the show chooses. I want lucas to stick with his choice and ni back and forth
Old 06-26-2016, 09:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

The only Maya thing that makes sense to me is Maya getting with Josh and officially becoming a Matthews. Shawn/Angela didn't need to be sacrificed for Maya to get a place at the Matthews table metaphorically.
Old 06-26-2016, 10:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
In my head they are engaged and discussing children.
Yes, that's the only acceptable thing,

Quote:
The only Maya thing that makes sense to me is Maya getting with Josh and officially becoming a Matthews. Shawn/Angela didn't need to be sacrificed for Maya to get a place at the Matthews table metaphorically.
Omg yes! Like what's a better way to became a Matthews than marrying one?
Old 06-26-2016, 10:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I actually don't buy that Maya has romantic feelings for Lucas either. I cannot in any way, shape or form see her being truly attracted to Lucas. He's not her type, Josh is her type.

That's what I hate the most about this triangle. I cannot find it believable that Maya even likes Lucas but they had to go there to put her at the center of everything. I actually liked how Riley brought up Maya liking Lucas knowing she did or whatever. Damn straight Riley should be thinking in that manner even if Riley kind of took it back and isn't holding it against her.

Quote:
Agreed.

As is, Maya:

1. In unrealistic fashion given who Maya is, fell for Lucas, the guy she knew Riley has liked from the moment she met him on the subway.

2. Poked holes in BMW history by sacrificing Shawn/Angela so Maya can have Shawn for a father.

3. Even Josh, she is taking the Matthews title too should she end up with him.

I like Maya, I really do, but I don't like her dominating storylines, directly affecting BMW history, always having to be around the Matthews every second, having to like the same guy Riley likes, etc.

It's a bit overwhelming to say the least.
Old 06-26-2016, 10:29 AM
Elite Fan

I didn't understand the crazy jump from Maya liking Josh to suddenly liking Lucas. I know teens feelings change like the wind but I got the strong feeling that Maya was waiting for the day that Josh seen them as possible, especially in the college episode(sorry forgot the title). She was all sad puppy and looking downright destroyed. Now it almost feels like for Maya, if I can't have Josh, may as well be Lucas. There was no thought for Riley. That's my issue.
Old 06-26-2016, 10:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

You're right. There's was no thought whatsoever about Riley liking Lucas. I hate that. They're supposedly not only best friends but sisters. It seems wrong to go there. I know they're young but their declarations about BFF and siblings seems cheapened as a result of Maya liking Lucas.

I'm convinced Maya/Josh will get together and might even get an endgame though. This triangle is so ridiculous as a result.

If the writers are smart they could go the angle of Maya liking Josh, feeling rejected so she wanted to like Lucas because he's a good guy and felt like he'd never hurt her. But the truth will come out she never truly was over Josh and liked Lucas to deal with that reality, not because she truly wanted Lucas. Now that I'd buy putting aside her liking the guy Riley's liked which I still think is not very cool.

Last edited by jediwands; 06-26-2016 at 10:47 AM
Old 06-26-2016, 10:45 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by loppabelle (View Post)

Maya is no friend. I get sick of friend being thrown out like it means something and after a person shows their true self. If friendship meant that much to you then why do you hurt that friend in any way? Friends don't do that. These are children in my eyes, it really is insulting..
Maya has been wanting to keep silent about the whole thing and never talking about it and Riley is the one that forced her feelings out in the open in texas part 1-2 as well as Lucas in part 2. She kept saying over and over she wanted everything to stop to Lucas and Riley lied and said she did see Lucas as a brother so how was she the bad friend when she didn't want to act or talk about her feelings. The crapping on Maya for this is so annoying to me.

As for Josh and Maya... neither Shawn marrying her mom or Josh marrying Maya works me for. First of all I can't with the freshman in HS and freshman in college factor. They are at such difference place in their lives that it rubs me the wrong way. Shawn could have easily been a Mr Turner type to her and just like Alan and Amy didn't need to adopt Shawn for him to be treated like family, Maya doesn't need to marry into the family to be treated like a Matthews. They already treat her like a second daughter. Because prior to end of season 1, Maya only had ''half a mom'' so the Matthews have been the substitute family. And actually that is another thing that doesn't work with Josh and Maya for me. I don't know if she actually likes him for him or because he is a Matthews. Does she like him because she would become Riley's aunt or because he completes her type of way. And sometimes I feel like she likes him because he is her impossible thing.

I don't know I feel like this show failed on the relationship levels for me. The only one I feel has the right build up is Riley/Farkle. The in depth friendship conversation, the support, knowing what the other is feeling and the right thing to say. They have the perfect best friend falling in love foundation to me. I always feel like Farkle has Riley's best interest out of anyone. And contrary to Lucas, I feel like I know who Farkle is. And his growth on the show has been amazing.
Old 06-26-2016, 11:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

I don't necessarily think Maya has to end up with Josh to become a Matthews, but it's better logic than MJ has for putting Shawn/Katy together and thinking that's more realistic than Shawn and Angela finding their way back to each other after all these years, because I feel like they've set the foundation for it to happen down the road.

Quote:
And actually that is another thing that doesn't work with Josh and Maya for me. I don't know if she actually likes him for him or because he is a Matthews. Does she like him because she would become Riley's aunt or because he completes her type of way. And sometimes I feel like she likes him because he is her impossible thing.
Idk, I feel like that was addressed head on in girl meets tell tale tot.

I would be seriously ok with Riley/Farkle. But in that case, get rid of Lucas completely. He serves no purpose to me if he's not with a Matthews, as do most on the show that aren't linked to the Matthews or other legacy characters. Farkle will always matter to me because he's Minkus' son, and he's a character that actually has grown over time. Lucas is who I have no use for if he's not linked to Riley. #sorrynotsorry
Old 06-26-2016, 11:32 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Waves (View Post)
I don't necessarily think Maya has to end up with Josh to become a Matthews, but it's better logic than MJ has for putting Shawn/Katy together and thinking that's more realistic than Shawn and Angela finding their way back to each other after all these years, because I feel like they've set the foundation for it to happen down the road.

Idk, I feel like that was addressed head on in girl meets tell tale tot.

I would be seriously ok with Riley/Farkle. But in that case, get rid of Lucas completely. He serves no purpose to me if he's not with a Matthews, as do most on the show that aren't linked to the Matthews or other legacy characters. Farkle will always matter to me because he's Minkus' son, and he's a character that actually has grown over time. Lucas is who I have no use for if he's not linked to Riley. #sorrynotsorry

Tell tale tot episode actually creep me out with the college girls pushing for Josh and Maya. It's totally fine when they are both adult but when one is not even in HS at the time and the other is old enough to be at a college dorm party, I don't know anyone in college who would push for the guy to give the girl that young a chance. But still the things she named aren't things that aren't qualities the other Matthews don't have. I guess it's because I feel Josh is also under developped so him and Lucas, I have no clue who they are deep down. But Lucas has got to be the worst case. He has no voice. I honestly feel like his purpose was just to test the girl's friendship. Because I do feel like GMW is the Maya/Riley friendship story above everything.
Old 06-26-2016, 11:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

For the sole reason that Josh is a Matthews, he is infinitely more important than Lucas will ever be. Like. Ever. It's too made the actor got in a horrible accident last year and was unable to be in more episodes in S2; hopefully they rectify that in S3.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread