Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2016, 12:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ale-la-pazza1 (View Post)
Most of us don't think Rucas is endgame because of some spoilers but merely because that's the story they're telling.
it's not the story they are telling to me so far. If anything the vibe I get is that he will be her Angela in terms of getting her ready for the real deal but that these people are endgame and will be the next Cory and Topanga in terms of be together 20 years later I have yet to see anything like that. I mean unless they are redoing a Ted/Robin HIMYM thing where they get together and then tell you why they don't work and yet still end up together in the end, I don't see it.
Old 06-25-2016, 04:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Rucas is today's Cory and Topanga, I think the show is quite clearly showing that.
Old 06-25-2016, 05:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Taylor Swift

they are
Old 06-25-2016, 05:56 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ale-la-pazza1 (View Post)
Rucas is today's Cory and Topanga, I think the show is quite clearly showing that.
Not to me. They have nowhere near the foundation focus for that. I would go as far as to say Lucas is the least developped character of the main cast.
Old 06-25-2016, 07:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbshmdfb (View Post)
it's not the story they are telling to me so far. If anything the vibe I get is that he will be her Angela in terms of getting her ready for the real deal but that these people are endgame and will be the next Cory and Topanga in terms of be together 20 years later I have yet to see anything like that. I mean unless they are redoing a Ted/Robin HIMYM thing where they get together and then tell you why they don't work and yet still end up together in the end, I don't see it.
eh idk. I feel like the writers have made it clear that Riley makes Lucas better, that they are similar in what they want, etc. Whether or not that's true in action is another story, but the literal dialogue to prove that has been there. Ted/Robin on the other hand were the biggest disaster consistently, and consistently shown to be incompatible because of who they were.

But I still agree...No one is fully C/T except maybe Auggie/Ava. And I also resent that Angela was a roadblock to...potentially Shawn/Katy? wtf.

I'm literally here on this show for the Matthews family. That's what I want more of.

Last edited by Static Waves; 06-25-2016 at 07:29 PM
Old 06-25-2016, 07:48 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbshmdfb (View Post)
Not to me. They have nowhere near the foundation focus for that. I would go as far as to say Lucas is the least developped character of the main cast.
Yeah, I agree with all of this. I also agree that Auggie/Ava are the closest thing to the next Cory/Topanga, if there even is such a thing on this show. I think Shawn basically said in one of his episodes that there is only one Cory and Topanga. I was looking for that quote when I saw this tweet from the writers' twitter saying the same thing:

https://twitter.com/gmwwriters/statu...08681468239872

I think that Lucas became a lot more entertaining in Season 2 and Season 3, than he was in Season 1. I thought that he was such a boring character in Season 1 and that is probably one of the reasons I never cared enough about him to ship him with Riley or Maya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Waves (View Post)
And I also resent that Angela was a roadblock to...potentially Shawn/Katy? wtf.
I will always be bitter about this. The show treated Angela so badly when she came back, not even just from a Shawn and Angela perspective. Angela couldn't even get a scene with her former best friend and was simply brought back as a plot device.
Old 06-25-2016, 07:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Taylor Swift

oh i agree with the angela thing.
Old 06-25-2016, 09:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah Angela/Shawn were a legitmate couple in BMW not a roadblock and they like forgot Angela friendship with C/T or that Cory was there biggest shipper
Old 06-25-2016, 09:34 PM
Elite Fan

I always knew they would use Angela as a plot device so I wasn't suprised at all. They claimed Angela would come back and she still has yet to but after the way they treated her before I don't even want her to come back. It was was an even bigger waste cause they don't even shown Shawn and Katy, so what was it all for? What a joke.
Old 06-25-2016, 10:46 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Waves (View Post)
eh idk. I feel like the writers have made it clear that Riley makes Lucas better, that they are similar in what they want, etc. Whether or not that's true in action is another story, but the literal dialogue to prove that has been there. Ted/Robin on the other hand were the biggest disaster consistently, and consistently shown to be incompatible because of who they were.
Actually that is kinda why they are building it up to me like they aren't going to last. Because Lucas does need Riley to make him feel better about himself, the moment she doesn't he gets angry and the moment Lucas shows a side Riley doesn't know or like she questions who he is. In other words Lucas needs the hero worship for his own self esteem and to deal with his past while Riley needs to see the hero/knight. They need the other to be in this place to fit their ideal. And there are going to be moments like that still. Like in the episode ''the other side'' coming up (or sassy alter top which ever name they go with), Lucas is one of the vocal one about wanting to keep the Riley version that is naive and doesn't know how the world really is when Cory think it's time to end the Riley commitee. To me that's not a foundation for ever lasting love like Cory and Topanga. You either love the person for who they are or you don't. And destiny and fate like the chances of someone falling on your lap in the subway shouldn't be what makes you decide. What is in your heart should be. So for me a guy who can't decide for months between two girls, can't even vocalise anything while they debate without him, is not someone who knows they are with their forever partner. While Cory decided with his heart, Lucas lets nature decide for him.... like nope sorry. If that is today's version of Cory and Topanga.... then I am glad I am in the Cory and Topanga generation and not this new one.
Old 06-25-2016, 10:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

I just dont think its right to say that any amount of grief/sadness someone feels one their family life is too much. Maybe for you its too much but it obviously matters a lot to Maya. And I like that it's been brought up in multiple episodes as it gives her character some more weight and explains her personality a lot.

Im sorry you guys feel like Riley doesn't get as much focus but I just dont see it the way. I think she gets plenty of focus too and to me its very balanced. I just think that because Riley is upbeat and fun and outgoing it's not as noticeable. They need to give her a good meaty storyline though.

Quote:
I honestly don't see how you see anything romantic on the level with them at all. I can see how these hints can possibly mean something for the future as an endgame, as I believe everyone is going to be thoroughly disappointed, including Lucas/Maya shippers with the endgame. But that's only cause the writers have said over and over again, the ending is not what you expect blah blah.
I dont see F/M as romantic yet, even though Farkel was "in love" with Riley at the start of the show. But I think the QUALITY of their scenes is the strongest BY FAR of any of the pairings on the show. And IMO it's definitely leading to something.

Not sure what you mean by people being disappointed with the endgame, are you talking about L/R too? Because that pairing in season 1 was the cheesiest most cliche/expected pairing everrrr so if it ends with them how in the world would that ever be a "surprise"?

Quote:
Like to me, the writers saw Lucas/Maya, they saw how much response they were getting - they went with it.
That would be pointless though? Like if they were always intending to do L/R then why even bring LM into it at all? Just to say "nah, just kidding" and go back to R/L? That makes zero sense.

I think a lot of things go into it and sure, maybe a small part of the them wanted to please the fans but I think it has more to do with them seeing the chemistry between L/M on their own and wanting to explore that.

Quote:
Most of us don't think Rucas is endgame because of some spoilers but merely because that's the story they're telling.
Its the story YOU believe you are seeing. Others feel a lot differently. . I think it WAS the story they were telling but somewhere in season 2 they stopped telling it.

I still feel like this show has a long way to go and things can change. LM can date later on or FR or even FM. Or any other option really. Time will tell.

Quote:
Totally disagree.

For one thing, didn't they compare Farkle/Riley to T/P too? But yes, the tweet about no-one being cory/topanga says enough.

Secondly, this isn't BWM. Things are very different in todays television. You dont see a lot of ONE PAIRING just being together and ending together like they had with zach/kelly on saved by the bell or sabrina/harvey and those older shows. Now days they switch pairings up a lot. And so many times the couple you think will end up together actually doesn't end up together. Even on disney shows.

Look, people have every right to love L/R and be happy Lucas picked her but some shippers just acting like its the be all - end all, and I just dont think thats the case. Writers opinions aside, literally anything can happen, show could get cancelled unexpectedly, actors could leave the show for other reasons... we dont know whats happening.

Quote:
Actually that is kinda why they are building it up to me like they aren't going to last. Because Lucas does need Riley to make him feel better about himself, the moment she doesn't he gets angry and the moment Lucas shows a side Riley doesn't know or like she questions who he is. In other words Lucas needs the hero worship for his own self esteem and to deal with his past while Riley needs to see the hero/knight. They need the other to be in this place to fit their ideal. And there are going to be moments like that still. Like in the episode ''the other side'' coming up (or sassy alter top which ever name they go with), Lucas is one of the vocal one about wanting to keep the Riley version that is naive and doesn't know how the world really is when Cory think it's time to end the Riley commitee. To me that's not a foundation for ever lasting love like Cory and Topanga. You either love the person for who they are or you don't.
yesssss. I dont see how lucas and riley make each other better? Like L/M banter and tease but they dont argue in the way that R/L do. And maybe the show is trying to say that a couple that fights = passion and i believe that with SOME pairings, but this show has done a really crappy job at conveying that.

They SAY L/R can talk and connect on that level, yet, we've never seen them have a deep conversation? Give me one scene other than the library that was like 5 seconds long?
They say that L/R make each other better but they just argue all the time and fight.

Maya was the one that was worried for lucas and Riley didnt seem to even care. IDK, I just dont see see how R/L have any substance other than in season 1 when it was just Riley goo goo eyes over Lucas?

And I'm not saying that L/M have it much better. Lucas is so so so underdeveloped, its sad.

Quote:
And destiny and fate like the chances of someone falling on your lap in the subway shouldn't be what makes you decide. What is in your heart should be. So for me a guy who can't decide for months between two girls, can't even vocalise anything while they debate without him, is not someone who knows they are with their forever partner. While Cory decided with his heart, Lucas lets nature decide for him.... like nope sorry. If that is today's version of Cory and Topanga.... then I am glad I am in the Cory and Topanga generation and not this new one.
Thats also the thing, it feels like Lucas just THINKS hes should be with Riley.
Old 06-26-2016, 02:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
And I also resent that Angela was a roadblock to...potentially Shawn/Katy? wtf.
Angela....a....roadblock?................I'm gonna scream my head off.
Angela will always be the one for Shawn, the only reason he's gonna end up with that blond is because she's Maya's mom and Maya apparently needs to get everything on this effing show.
Old 06-26-2016, 02:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

angela was so weird on GMW though. They were probably better off not bringing her back at all.

i dont care about katy/shawn but i do like the idea of shawn/maya relationship obviously.

and get everything? mmmhmmm.
Old 06-26-2016, 02:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Taylor Swift

^ but that story needed closure.
Old 06-26-2016, 03:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvgirl94 (View Post)

I will always be bitter about this. The show treated Angela so badly when she came back, not even just from a Shawn and Angela perspective. Angela couldn't even get a scene with her former best friend and was simply brought back as a plot device.
Even the title of the episode was disrespectful.

I have no idea what they were doing bringing Angela back to basically poke fun at Shawn and Angela and piss off their fans. And yes, no way in heck does Angela not see Topanga.

Her return was a nightmarish joke. It did more harm than good and as a past Shawn and Angela fan it left a bad taste in my mouth.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread