Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2005, 05:24 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mots15
Hey, remember the girl who played Clara? Dean's sister? The actress, Scout Taylor-Compton, is reported missing ...
Wow, thats too bad. Thanks for the article mots.
Old 08-24-2005, 05:27 PM
Obsessed Fan

Gen, thanks for the new thread. And for posting a close-up of the ring on the previous one. I will freely admit when I first looked at the close-up, I thought that was Scotch tape on SP's hand and not a band-aid. LOL! Oh well! However, that is one gorgeous ring. Didn't have a jewelers loop handy, but that looks like it'd be a platinum setting, possibly antique, and are those small diamonds down the band?

I certainly trust Luke to buy Lorelai a ring that fits. Hmmm. Could be why he's got it on his own finger while looking at it. Kind of judging for size.

avi courtesy of the amazing AudiRox
Old 08-24-2005, 05:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Hey, remember the girl who played Clara? Dean's sister? The actress, Scout Taylor-Compton, is reported missing ...
I say this on another thread, do they know if she ran away or what happened yet? I hope she comes back, contacts someone or is found soon.

ETA
Wouldn’t it be easier for Luke to borrow one of Lorelai’s rings, to get the right size?
Old 08-24-2005, 05:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

Maybe Luke cut his hand while he was opening a bottle of Zima......

LUKE: Thanks for the hat.
LORELAI: You’re welcome. Looks good on you.
LUKE: Good how?
LORELAI: Just watch the procession.

ILY#161,LL#84,DIRTY JJ#24,LAY#28,NAKED/SHIRTLESS LUKE#53,
FLANNEL WHORE#25,DST#21,DTSB#8,MoDtSPwwbiBBaM-Club#7
Old 08-24-2005, 05:37 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
No.. the analogy doesn't fit them to a T or anything. It's just the sentiment of it really. I just mean that if Rory continues to enjoy and take part in the "other" world, I think Lorelai will think that obviously the relationship she and her daughter had wasn't was she thought it was. That they weren't on the same wave length. And I don't mean that as a bad thing. I'm not saying that Rory can't enjoy Emily and Richards world. It's her choice. However, Lorelai will see it as more of a personal attack. And if Rory stays in "that world" and doesn't return to "Lorelai's world" then the relationship she thought they had isn't what it is in actuality.
I think it would be a little shortsighted of Lorelai to base her acceptance of whatever grown-up Rory is to become on whether she enjoys aspects of Emily and Richard's world ... whatever that may mean. Just by going to Yale, Rory's already enjoying aspects of it. In fact, the moment Lorelai sent her daughter to an elite, private school, and then encouraged her to attend an elite college, she was risking that her daughter might be exposed to the very people she may personally dislike. You can't cut yourself off from whole groups of people just because of stereotypes or the prejudices of your parents. I've noticed that Lorelai was ready to accept Chris in her life and later, Jason. She enjoys aspects of that world herself when it suits her. I don't think it's her parent's world Lorelai ran from, but her parents. If they had been non-controlling wealthy types -- sort of like Marilyn, Mia, maybe Pennilynn -- Lorelai would not have left.

Quote:
Ugh. I'm not making sense. And..we don't know that Lorelai is trying to track Rory down in the next episode. We know that Lorelai and Rory see each other. I mean..the reason she goes to see Rory could be to say "I want my key back." Or, more likely, to say that she is engaged. We don't even know if they talk though. If she just turns and walks away..she's still just letting Rory go. Giving her her space..and moving on with her own life.
I'm hoping they don't talk. I have nothing against giving Rory space. I think that's fine, but giving her space, has nothing to do with not attending the hearing. Personally, that's the type of thing I would set aside as being too important to treat as a voluntary parental activity. To me, that would be mandatory attendance. If my child -- no matter the age -- commited a crime and was being sentenced for that crime, I'd want to be there. If not to support the kid, then to show to the court that I take this situation seriously. I have been a part of this kid's life and I am partially responsible for the end product -- not for the crime -- but for the person standing in front of the bench. The only time I wouldn't is if my child was a repeat offender, or a total psychotic, and was beyond any kind of redemption. I'd throw up my hands and say, do whatever. Rory no way deserved to be treated *that* way.
Old 08-24-2005, 05:41 PM
Part-Time Fan

True he might of.I am so sad I wonder what happend to Scout Taylor-Compton well I hope she is ok.
Gen thanks for the new thread.You guys are so fast for me Im still reading the old thread.lol

~ELEKTRA~
Old 08-24-2005, 05:48 PM
Master Fan

Is there a new promo, or still the same one with the brief moment of Lorelai standing up? I can't keep up with this thread either.
Old 08-24-2005, 05:50 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Here's another story from the AP Wire/Miami Herald

It has additional information, including that she's probably a runaway. I hope she finds her way home soon.
Old 08-24-2005, 06:00 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyzac

It has additional information, including that she's probably a runaway. I hope she finds her way home soon.
Truly sad. :-(

https://twitter.com/#!/AESutton09
http://missamanda09.tumblr.com/
Old 08-24-2005, 06:01 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyzac

Ugh, that's very sad to hear. Hope she's okay and makes her way home soon.

avi courtesy of the amazing AudiRox
Old 08-24-2005, 06:02 PM
Loyal Fan

Wow sad news about Scout. I hope she's okay. Her poor family

Thanks for the new thread
Old 08-24-2005, 06:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandlynn
Rory no way deserved to be treated *that* way.
All in all, I just don't think Lorelai knows how to handle the situation. She doesn't know what to do anymore. Rory wanted her space..she is giving her her space. Not being at the hearing? I don't necessarily agree with it, but I can see where Lorelai is coming from as well. This is Rory having to deal with the consequences of what she did. Unfortunately that also seems to include losing her biggest pillar of support. Because Lorelai no longer knows what to do to support her.

It's been stated a million times by a lot of us here - neither Gilmore Girl has handled this situation very well. And I think that will continue on into S6. Neither is trying to be cruel or hurt the other, they just don't know how to handle what is happening. They've never had to deal with anything like this before. S6 we will seem them (hopefully) trying to figure a way back to being able to really hear and understand each other.
Old 08-24-2005, 06:08 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheers Darlin
Thanks for the new thread! I'm liking the title.

I showed my mom (a person who admittedly only watches the show for L/L; I've tried to explain that there are other interesting things on the show)....anyways, I showed her the 6.01 pics and she said "Yeah, they're not really kissing - see how his mouth isn't even on hers? They do that a lot on tv." And I'm just looking at her, wide-eyed thinking "Why must you rain on my parade?" If she wasn't my mother I would have explained to her that they were just really getting in to character and lips were wandering. That right there is a kiss if I ever saw one...
I don't think that when they are taking pictures of kisses, that the couple actually sits there and makes out. They probably just stand there with their mouths together, which probably would be really funny to watch. I'm excited to hopefully see some really good kissing scenes between them. We didn't get very many last season.
Sara Bareilles(talking about grammys) - I maintain my story that Bono tried to throw his sunglasses to me because I was the only one effing standing up watching U2! But he's not a very good shot because he went right over my head to the two bitches behind me, but oh well.
Old 08-24-2005, 06:09 PM
Banned

"Have a little faith in Kirk. Have a faith in KIRK!"

I understand completely why Luke bought that ring from Kirk. As Mots pointed out, Kirk idealizes Luke. Why would he short-shift his idol? It's a pretty ring too. The episode should, hopefully, end with Luke giving Lorelai the ring. But no reproposal or any of that nonsense, because Lorelai asking him to marry should be the way it remains. Luke can give her the ring, in his, very Luke sort of way.

Just to discuss Lorelai letting go of Rory, so to speak. Lorelai wiping her hands of the situation makes sense in terms of Lorelai. As other's have pointed out, Lorelai pulls away when hurt. Thus the reason, everytime she has had a fight with Luke, she has to go find somewhere else to eat. Like a prizefighter, she returns to her corner, and stays there. Pondering the situation, and trying to decide what to do. This might be the first time, Lorelai, does not try to be the one to break the ice first. I would not be shocked. IF Lorelai apologizes to Rory first, then Rory comes with a bigger apology, and then comes "Niagra Falls."

Also, with the world of Emily and Richard. I have always felt that the audience were given glimpses of that world, to show how much it sucks. Again, not like I do not love Emily and Richard, that world just gives me the hives. It gives me the hives, mainly, because of Lorelai. So, if Lorelai hates that world, and her kid just accepts it. I can easily see Lorelai being very freaked out by it.

While I have always loved the thought of Rory being the bridge between the two worlds. IMO, that could never happen, because the show revolves around Lorelai. And I can never see Lorelai wanting to be in the E&R world longer than she had too.

Rory being the bridge between Emily, Richard, and Lorelai, that has to happen right there. Thanks for the new thread, and nice title Folie.
Old 08-24-2005, 06:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So why is it get slammed for using the new episode pictures in my avatar and others don’t? I'm not dropping any names here but there is one on this thread and one yesterday.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread