Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2005, 08:08 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by brontegrl
The odds against Rory and Logan. Kind of makes me think that it'll get so bad then just stop. Like it's going to end with Rory throwing up her hands and saying "enough". I don't mind conflict but this seems like it's overkill.
I hope that's not the case, cuz I'm a Sophie - this is my favorite Rory storyline yet. I do agree that it seems like an awful lot of drama, but maybe ASP thought she had to do something if she makes L/L 'happily ever after'. Happy people do not bring in viewers. However, I'd hate to have this show degenerate into being soap-opera-ish.
Sophies|Smitties|Literati|Dirty Birds|Brigadiers|Finnatics|R/L ILY Club #1|R/L Smut Club #1

I want to lick Matt's Czuchry's neck. Wonder if he'll let me?

I decorate the world with words. Author name manda903.
Old 03-02-2005, 08:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by brontegrl
I was thinking specifically that Logan's parents are doing the same thing to her that Emily is doing to Luke. I don't know, it just seems like it is freakishly too much. The odds against Rory and Logan. Kind of makes me think that it'll get so bad then just stop. Like it's going to end with Rory throwing up her hands and saying "enough". I don't mind conflict but this seems like it's overkill.
I think you're right about the premise, but at this point everyone's reading way too much into this. There have been a lot of parallels over the seasons, and a lot especially that are coming to fruition now. Some people may think that we've been hit over the head with them, but I think it's stopped just short of that. We're maybe even finding things that weren't intended to be there, because we're basically crazy and you see what you wanna see.

What we have at the moment is dialogue only, which may yet be edited (or dropped altogether), from a scene in a storyline that we know very little about for sure.

What I'm worried about is that with all this tying up of storylines and completing of circles, there is a natural ending point coming up. Not so much worried, given the current ratings, but just watching very closely.
'I don't know,' Alice answered.
'Then' said the cat, 'it doesn't matter.'" - Lewis Carroll
Old 03-02-2005, 08:09 PM
Part-Time Fan

I dont understand who Luke can help in the Inn AND run his Diner. Unless its a one time thing.... mmmmm
Old 03-02-2005, 08:12 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurat14
I dont understand who Luke can help in the Inn AND run his Diner. Unless its a one time thing.... mmmmm
See the first few eps of this season. Luke has very forgiving staff .

I can't wait for this one. All I keep thinking is Lorelai as Luke's boss and my mind wanders to very bad places.

ETA, Sorry should have edited above thread, but pushy submit finger got ahead of my brain, and once that happens you're committed.
'I don't know,' Alice answered.
'Then' said the cat, 'it doesn't matter.'" - Lewis Carroll
Old 03-02-2005, 08:14 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by otagojo

I can't wait for this one. All I keep thinking is Lorelai as Luke's boss and my mind wanders to very bad places.

lol Tee hee... bad can be good..
Old 03-02-2005, 08:15 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:

The sides say Lorelai talks to Sookie on the phone and asks how her about her doctors appointment, right? Sookie says he put her on bed rest. This happened to a friend of mine. Went to her regular appointment during her lunch hour and was immediately sent home and put on bed rest. Maybe there's something big happening at the Inn and they need immediate help not expecting Sookie to be on leave so soon. And the girl with the new nostril is not available. Lorelai knowing Luke can cook other than diner food asks him for help. That should be fun.
Old 03-02-2005, 08:16 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mareike
Okay after catching up 1 1/2 threads I'm finally here.

First of all - thanks for the clips Jojo and everyone else. You made my day. Loved the FND

Second I want to quote public eye from the last thread:

1. Luke and Lorelai; Emily even realizes that Lorelai loves Luke but that's not enough. For Emily, love has NOTHING to do with marriage (yes, she's a hypocrit, but she seems to have only fallen in love with Richard years after the marriage)

Where do you get that from? I don't think that E/R would have married if they hadn't loved each other (with his mother being so against her).

Third, I immediately thought was black rose1 already pointed out about the crisis Rory will have to face. If the Dean-thing comes into public because of private investigators or whatever and her grandparents will get those news - that would be a crisis for her - and with Dean coming back I could see that happen.

If someone else is making clips: I would really like to see the one where Richard is going to visit Lorelai - those bonding scenes aren't there very often.
Emily's talk to Christopher. She KNOWS Luke is a decent guy, in love with Lorelai, who loves him back, and makes her Daughter very happy. She objects. WHY? Because for Emily marriage (despite as I said what she has with Richard) is more the "rules" of her social set than deep love. While most parents seem to want their children to be merely happy and successful, Emily wants adherence to the "rules." KNOWING it would make Lorelai unhappy. She's not evil just trapped in that mindset. EVEN with Trix objecting to Emily herself with Richard. She's still that way. Even to Luke she can't and won't apologize. She couldn't even think of it. Because Luke is Luke. For Emily despite all the things Luke has done, he's "inferior" and always will be. That's just the "rules."

Wrt Dean, supposedly Dean impacts Rory not at all, when he comes back it's LUKE who gets affected the most. Though I suspect the Dean adultery thing will get out into public, one way or another. Yes I suspect BR is right on that score, bill coming due for Rory.
Old 03-02-2005, 08:17 PM
Dedicated Fan

It looks like Logan was trying to convince Rory he could date her before the family came into the picture. Rory was sceptical, but right before she meets Honor she's thrilled about the idea of being with him.

So, then she suddenly meeds his family and they hate her, and I'm sure it freaks her out. But this being said when Logan says the words "your marrying the heir." I also think its the first time she finally gets a clear understanding of just how crazy Logan is about her. And I think that if she's really crazy about him, she's not going to give him up, just like that. Because in the end, he's the one giving up a hundred girls and facing his family's wrath for her. Perhaps, they are trying to show us that Logan is worthy of her, and we should root for them.
Old 03-02-2005, 08:21 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:

Somehow I don't think Lorelai will be as worried as Sookie was about the possibility of being a sexual harraser. LOL

ETA: After "So...Good Talk" Luke's staff being "forgiving" is an understatement!
Old 03-02-2005, 08:22 PM
New Fan

I know this was an earlier discussion, but I just wanted to say that I'm glad I'm not going crazy, or at least that I'm not the only crazy one. Like some people were saying earlier, I also thought that that looked like a Weston's cup that Lorelai had in the diner in the promo. I thought I was going crazy, so I'm glad that other people saw it too. lol
Old 03-02-2005, 08:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by allisonalr
I know this was an earlier discussion, but I just wanted to say that I'm glad I'm not going crazy, or at least that I'm not the only crazy one. Like some people were saying earlier, I also thought that that looked like a Weston's cup that Lorelai had in the diner in the promo. I thought I was going crazy, so I'm glad that other people saw it too. lol
I thought the exact same thing when I saw the coffee cup. Either we notice little things or we are just very obsessed with Gilmore Girls.
Old 03-02-2005, 08:26 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:

ETA, Sorry should have edited above thread, but pushy submit finger got ahead of my brain, and once that happens you're committed.
first of all DIRTY!

and lets us remember the sexual harassment talk Lorelai had with the staff.. no one touch Michel and let's add noone ( but Lorelai) touches Luke!
Old 03-02-2005, 08:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

Glad we get one more ep before the repeats kickin.
Old 03-02-2005, 08:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bekalynn
Because in the end, he's the one giving up a hundred girls and facing his family's wrath for her. Perhaps, they are trying to show us that Logan is worthy of her, and we should root for them.
God, I hope so.
Old 03-02-2005, 08:31 PM
New Fan

Quote:

Remember that he was gone for 7 weeks at the beginning of the season and the diner was up and running the whole time without him. This is probably just a one time thing (or just a few days or whatever, but all probably in just the one episode I'd say), but even if it is an extended thing I'm sure they could manage. Plus, remember that they decided to cut lunch at the Dragonfly so he would potentially only have to be there for breakfast and/or dinner.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread