Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2005, 07:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagga
In life, usually you get one chance.

Sometimes you get really really lucky and get a second chance.

You do not get a third one.

Which is why if Luke gets his heart broken again over Christopher, there is no way he will ever, EVER take Lorelai back. Not over Christopher's dead body even. It just will not happen, because he's not some idiotic love sick teenager, he's a grown man who understands perfectly the definition of a doormat.

There was a lot of commentary about how Emily just loves Lorelai and she wants the best for her. Well, the same could then be said about Logan's family. They love him and they want what (they think is) the best for him, however misguided. What's good for the goose is good for the gander and all that jazz.
ITA, I was shotgun on the Emily thinks she's doing the right thing wagon train. I still never agreed with it. Same applies here for sure.

Thanks for the comments about Luke though. I wish I'd put them in myself. It'd make me sick if Lorelai didn't know that as well.
'I don't know,' Alice answered.
'Then' said the cat, 'it doesn't matter.'" - Lewis Carroll
Old 03-02-2005, 07:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiekate
I hope Amy chokes on those words - promises, promises, promises hey Amy? The won't make up to break up.....sure, I believe you. I would believe you more if you weren't seeking out David Sutcliffe to return in Season 6...

Excuse me while I go take out my 'The Predictable Return of Chris' frustrations on a gypsie...kick the gypsie!
Hey! On behalf of me and all my gypsy relatives, hey! We wish had control over ASP and GG.

(I know it was a shout-out to Emily, but I'm just proud of my heritage.)
Old 03-02-2005, 07:04 PM
New Fan

I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed, but there are 3 more sides up at nowcasting.com...one's of Josh...(nothing really new there) but there's a new one of "Manny" (we get a little bit of Luke and Lorelai there) and "May" (a bit of Rory and Logan.)

ETA: In "May" sides...Logan says to Rory "If I say I can, then I can" and a little later "This is all besides the point. You came here to say that you were unhappy with the situation right?...Fine, I've rectified the situation."

Taking in the context of the script, and the fact that a random girl May (hehe that's my name) shows up at Logan's door to invite him to lunch, I think Rory and Logan are discussing their relationship. Logan's probably said that he can deal with strings, while Rory obviously isn't convinced.

Also, it says that Rory came to him...so she was the one who admitted that no strings wasn't working?

Last edited by lovelymissmay; 03-02-2005 at 07:11 PM
Old 03-02-2005, 07:05 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by otagojo
Where the hell did that come from . I'm assuming that had there been a tongue in cheek font you would have used it, and that this comes out of fear, frustration (and a little too much sun maybe my Aussie friend?) and not an actual desire to see any of the above happen.

I'll tell you now that I won't be a very happy viewer if there's another make-up breakup scenario. If they break up again, sad but fine, sometimes relationships end, but I'm too smart (and modest ) too be sucked in to that old game. And so is everyone else here.

Luke said it himself. It's unrealistic to think that Chris will ever be gone. Lorelai said it after the bombshell about Sherry's preganancy, he's still Rory's Dad and she needs him to drive safe (I loved that one).

He'll be back - I'm not scared!
Bronzed, sun drenched, tongue in cheek, dripping in coconut scented sarcasm - you called it!!!

I would have added the rollseyes icon if I didn't hate it as much as I do.

Of course I 110% do not want any of the above to happen but like the title of this thread goes - do you think that the writings on the wall?? My gut is singing out to me.

I will be happy to do the "I was totally wrong" dance if I am that!! More than happy.

Luke and Lorelai forever.

Peace out!
Old 03-02-2005, 07:05 PM
Part-Time Fan

i can understand where the christopher specs are coming from, but if he's coming back for rory, i dont think lorelai will get involved this way. ASP did say that L&L wouldnt go ross and rachel on us didnt she?(correct me if i used wrong names, im tierd) and the christopher line would get redundant, luke, max, luke again, i dont think she would hurt luke with this guy three times. audiences would get bored, not to metion angry. and L&L are meant for eachother, not L&C no no no. L&L.
Old 03-02-2005, 07:11 PM
Obsessed Fan

Can we get the sides for free at nowcasting.com??
Old 03-02-2005, 07:11 PM
Part-Time Fan

I really dont think Rorys crisis will be preggy. Could have some thing to do with money. If it was a boy thing I would think she would be able to talk to her mom
Old 03-02-2005, 07:13 PM
New Fan

Yep, you just have to register though...or I can post them here, if you want.
Old 03-02-2005, 07:16 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiekate
Bronzed, sun drenched, tongue in cheek, dripping in coconut scented sarcasm - you called it!!!

I would have added the rollseyes icon if I didn't hate it as much as I do.

Of course I 110% do not want any of the above to happen but like the title of this thread goes - do you think that the writings on the wall?? My gut is singing out to me.

I will be happy to do the "I was totally wrong" dance if I am that!! More than happy.

Luke and Lorelai forever.

Peace out!
Phew!! As a Kiwi I was a little worried that I'd be tarred with the same brush (it happens lots). I was actually more scared of that than the Chris thing .

Thanks for the heads up lovelymissmay, I'm sure more info will come by way of winged messenger soon. I'd register myself, but the amount of time I already spend on the net is horrendous. Seriously. Again grateful thanks to those with connections and generosity. Yep shameless kiss-up right here.
'I don't know,' Alice answered.
'Then' said the cat, 'it doesn't matter.'" - Lewis Carroll
Old 03-02-2005, 07:17 PM
Addicted Fan

Logan is bruce willis in Pulp Fiction looks like

https://twitter.com/#!/AESutton09
http://missamanda09.tumblr.com/
Old 03-02-2005, 07:17 PM
New Fan

Yes, please post them here lovelymissmay!!!!

ETA: ^Coffee**** That's what I first thought when I saw the costume.

Luke/Lorelai, Rory/Logan, Ron/Hermione
Old 03-02-2005, 07:23 PM
Dedicated Fan

Poor Logan! Wow is that guy a player, and he's having a hard time convincing Rory he can change his player ways. Its obviously a huge step for him to give up all those girls for Rory, and its obvious he's crazy about her, and then, she meets his horrible family.

He must really think she's the "One" if he's calling her his girlfriend and given, the your marrying me comment, and for his family to treat this girl that he cares about that way. Poor guy.

Last edited by bekalynn; 03-02-2005 at 07:29 PM
Old 03-02-2005, 07:23 PM
New Fan

Now Casting - Sides

I hope this works. This is a link to my account on nowcasting.com. It's okay...I used a fake registry anyway.
Old 03-02-2005, 07:25 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybertwinkee
OOOOOOHHHH Weller!

I like the way you think. Richard can be Machiavellian and unforgiving if someone has crossed the line just as Jason did with Lorelai and the business. Much would depend on what Lorelai does to intentionally hurt Emily, Richard or Rory.

Emily would never allow Richard to sell the Inn out from under Lorelai--that would be going too far. Emily doesn't intentionally want to hurt Lorelai; she loves her and just wants to protect her from herself

They may end up becoming Lorelai's not-so-silent partners in case a major lawsuit comes up that she is not covered for or she looses bookings for some reason due to competition or some unforeseen catastrophe--Like a SARS outbreak in Stars Hollow, food poisoning, etc. and nobody wants to travel there.

Richard and Emily can bail her out and force her back to FDN--unless Luke steps in to help which he might not do because he will recognize that it is a desperate attempt to get Lorelai back and he won't get in the middle. Anyway, lots of potential there as not-so-silent partners.

One thing I thought of is that Richard might find out about Luke's involvement in the Inn. IF Lorelai made everything legal like she promised then Luke's name is on the insurance policy as a silent owner or beneficary or something like that..
Old 03-02-2005, 07:27 PM
Part-Time Fan

Double post delted

Last edited by bessibunny; 03-02-2005 at 07:50 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread