Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2006, 09:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Gilmore Girls Sanctuary ~ LL Analysis & Speculation #207

..:: GILMORE GIRLS LUKE/LORELAI ANALYSIS & SPECULATIONS ::..

Banner by AudiRox

Previous Thread

Feel free to discuss everything about Luke & Lorelai. Have fun posting!

Thread rules
  • This thread is to discuss spoilers of the show, which includes analysis and speculations of what might happen on the show, or what people would like to see happen regarding Luke and Lorelai. The thread should not be used as episode discussion thread. That should be done on the Gilmore Girls board.
  • Be respectful. Not everyone is going to agree with you at all times. It's perfectly fine to disagree with someone as long as it is done respectfully, but do not attack other posters.
  • Don't tease! If you have spoilers that you aren't able or willing to share just yet, it's inappropriate to come on the forum and tell everyone that.
  • Please note that asking and/or begging for more spoilers isn't necessary. Our sources give what they can, whenever it is possible, and when the time is right. Asking over and over again won't make them come any quicker, or any more detailed.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Spoilers for Season 6

These will only be those spoilers that affect (or could potentially affect) Luke and Lorelai in season 6:
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Episode 6.20: Super Cool Party People
Air Date: 25 May 2006

Writer: David Rosenthal
Director: Ken Whittingham

TV Guide: Rory goes to the hospital to see Logan, but gets little information on his condition from the staff, who'll only discuss his injuries with family. No one from Logan's family shows up, which infuriates Rory, prompting her to call Mitchum. Meanwhile, Luke throws a party for April and her friends at the diner, but panics when the bash is a bomb, and he calls Lorelai to come to the rescue. Sue: Morgan Matzke. Laura: Cassidy Lehrman. Anna: Sherilyn Fenn.

Fraz and The WB: LORELAI BEGINS TO BOND WITH APRIL — Luke (Scott Patterson) decides to give April (Vanessa Marano) a birthday party at the diner. Lorelai (Lauren Graham) volunteers to help, and is hurt when Luke explains that he still thinks it’s too soon for April and Lorelai to meet. However, Luke changes his mind when the party is a disaster, giving Lorelai a chance to bond with April while turning the party into a huge success. Meanwhile, Rory (Alexis Bledel) rushes to be with Logan (Matt Czuchry) at the hospital after he is seriously injured during a stunt with the Life and Death Brigade. Melissa McCarthy, Yanic Truesdale, Liza Weil and Sean Gunn also star.

TV Guide Hot List: Those of you praying for a Rory-Logan split may be in for a tear-soaked change of heart after a gruesome mishap threatens to get rid of the kid for good.

and on the daily listing:

Once-beloved lug Luke continues to lose points when he doesn't invite Lorelai to the birthday party he's having for April. That is, until the bash goes bust-and he's forced to call the ultimate party girl to save the day. Then a casualty of another sort rocks the episode as the Life and Death Brigade almost lives up to its name.

Episode 6.21: Driving Miss Gilmore
Air Date: 2 May 2006

Writer:
Director: Lee Shallat Chemel

TV Guide: Logan comes home from the hospital and is cared for by an overprotective Rory; Liz has big news for Luke; Emily has LASIK eye surgery, so Lorelai has to serve as her chauffeur; Rory is upset by a statement Logan's dad made about her in an interview in the Wall Street Journal; Jackson discovers that former employees planted marijuana in one of his fields, and he and Sookie try to dispose of it.

Fraz and The WB: Temporarily unable to see after minor eye surgery, Emily enlists Lorelai's help as her driver and companion, finally revealing a huge surprise that catches Lorelai completely off-guard. Meanwhile, Rory takes charge of Logan's recovery when he is released from the hospital. Finally, Luke helps his sister Liz and her husband T.J. deal with Liz's pregnancy. Melissa McCarthy, Edward Herrmann, Yanic Truesdale, Liza Weil and Sean Gunn also star.

Episode 6.22: Partings
Air Date: 9 May 2006

Writer: Amy Sherman-Palladino & Daniel Palladino
Director: Amy Sherman-Palladino

TV Guide: In the sixth-season finale, Lorelai tries to avoid Luke and ends up pouring her heart out to a psychologist (Melora Hardin) who was invited to dinner at her parents' house. Elsewhere, Rory tries to avoid the Huntzbergers, particularly Mitchum, as she attends Logan's graduation and prepares for his inevitable departure; and Taylor's bothered by an influx of troubadours to Stars Hollow. Mary Lynn Rajskub, Sam Phillips, Grant Lee Phillips, Sonic Youth, Yo La Tengo, Sparks and Joe Pernice appear.

KTLA: Stars Hollow is suddenly overrun with troubadours when news gets out that the town's regular street performer (Grant-Lee Phillips) has been discovered. On the evening of Logan's graduation from Yale, Rory throws him a wild party, but the knowledge that he is being forced to leave for London the next day makes their time together bittersweet. Meanwhile, at a Friday night dinner, Emily and Richard attempt to set Christopher up with an attractive young woman. Finally, Lorelai decides she was wrong to let Luke postpone their wedding for so long and delivers a tearful ultimatum. Musical guests include Sonic Youth, Sam Phillips, Mary Lynn Rajskub, Yo La Tengo, Sparks, Joe Pernice and Dave Gruber Allen.

Other Spoilers:

Sookie fills Lorelai in - couresty of Jinxy at Fanbolt

Beginning of breakup scene - Lorelai goes to Luke, wants to elope immediately. It ends badly. Breakup has nothing to do with Anna or Chris. She goes to Chris, says she doesn't want to be alone, had a crappy day. She's near breakdown. She is not drunk. She is naked in the final scene. - courtesy of sources at TWoP

L/L, "sad realization" type of breakup - courtesy of Massimin at TWoP

Season ends badly for L&L. The don't end season as a couple. - courtesy of genki

At a real estate office, Emily shows Lorelai a house she wants to buy for them. Lorelai loves it, thinks it's perfect for her and Luke, then tells Emily that the wedding is not going to happen, and cries. - courtesy of Wings711 at TWoP

After Lorelai breaks down at the realtors, at some point she ends up at Sookie's house. - courtesy of Wings711 at TWoP

Lorelai goes to Anna's store to try to "win her over". - courtesy of Wings711 at TWoP

Lukes tells Lorelai Anna feels betrayed. - courtesy of Professor Fabulous

Anna & Luke fight about Lorelai, after the party. - courtesy of Ciaobella

Tour Info, cast sightings, Lorelai goes to Anna's store. - courtesy Copperboom & Gen

Ask Ausiello:

Ausiello Report (Apr 20 2006): Palladinos not returning

Ask Ausiello (Apr 19 2006): Cast Wrap Party

Ask Ausiello (Apr 12 2006): Amy & Dan, L&L Storyline

All episode descriptions and promotional pictures are provided by The WB and Fraz, unless otherwise noted.
Old 04-23-2006, 09:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks for the thread! From the last one:

Quote:
Originally Posted by genki
And this is a total disservice to his character...its like his assiness is his punishment because frankly luke should be taking his time and be angry over this...

I am just not willing to swap an ll marriage for luke's integrity.
...and this is why writing a stupid plot contrivance is a bad idea, because you can only resolve it with another contrivance, and then mitigate that with yet another contrivance, until you've dug yourself into quite a hole...
Old 04-23-2006, 09:32 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the thread.
The ENTIRE final scene does a disservice to both characters. I just choose to adopt the "where do they go from here?" mindset.
Old 04-23-2006, 09:33 PM
Total Fan

Thanks for the thread. And Luke might still see it as cheating. I understand why you defend Lorelai but looking at it from Luke's POV he will feel like she cheated and he will be pissed. There is no way I could believe Luke easily forgiving Lorelai unless it appears Chris took advantage of her. Personally in some ways I would find it more believable if he didn't.

If we have the power with one year left caf123 I honestly don't think we do have the time to wait for Luke to forgive Lorelai. The onlyway I would see it happening quickly is if it appears that Chris took advantage of her, no I don't mean rape. And no I don't think Luke would ever be happy w/o Lorelai.

Quote:
...and this is why writing a stupid plot contrivance is a bad idea, because you can only resolve it with another contrivance, and then mitigate that with yet another contrivance, until you've dug yourself into quite a hole...
Exactly
Old 04-23-2006, 09:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

sarahnoh...i prefer the "Bite me" mindset.

thanks for the thread lyndsay.
Old 04-23-2006, 09:35 PM
Master Fan

I never said Luke would forgive Lorelai easily. I could actually see L/L getting married while still on the road to recovery from this. Luke's wounds may not be fully healed yet.
Old 04-23-2006, 09:36 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saranoh
Thanks for the thread.
The ENTIRE finale scene does a disservice to both characters. I just choose to adopt the "where do they go from here?" mindset.
ITA. Sara, are you in my head?

ETA: Thanks for the thread Linsday!

Last edited by lilmelodie; 04-23-2006 at 09:37 PM Reason: Because I have bad manners.
Old 04-23-2006, 09:37 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
I never said Luke would forgive Lorelai easily. I could actually see L/L getting married while still on the road to recovery from this. Luke's wounds may not be fully healed yet.
Do you really think its a good idea to get married when he hasn't even forgiven her yet and they haven't worked out their issues? That they will be able to stay married that way?
Old 04-23-2006, 09:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I still think that the only hope for them is for her to keep it to her bloody self.
Old 04-23-2006, 09:40 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shira81
Do you really think its a good idea to get married when he hasn't even forgiven her yet and they haven't worked out their issues? That they will be able to stay married that way?
I think Luke will have forgiven her by then. I just think he may be questioning her love for him. Marriage under those circumstances could work for these two. It could give Lorelai a chance to prove that she DOES indeed love him. JMO

ETA: genki, do you really think that's a good idea? I just don't know.
Old 04-23-2006, 09:41 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I still think that the only hope for them is for her to keep it to her bloody self.
Well, non-communication IS the foundation of their relationship...

[/bitter]
Old 04-23-2006, 09:41 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Is that a sort of "what Luke doesn't know, won't hurt him" kind fo thought? Because I think it could go both ways, but I would hope that she would tell him.
Old 04-23-2006, 09:43 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shira81
I actually think the sooner they get married, the better they'll be able to stay married. Go on - shoot me now. lol.

Quote:
And this is a total disservice to his character...its like his assiness is his punishment because frankly luke should be taking his time and be angry over this...
I am just not willing to swap an ll marriage for luke's integrity.
You see it as Luke accepting his "punishment", him needing to accept that he played a part in making this happen. I agree that would challenge his integrity. That's not a price worth paying, nor is it necessary.

It is Lorelai who has screwed up here. Unintentional, borken, hysterical - it's still her screw-up, not his.

He might simply find it in his heart to forgive her. Because it's pathetic. Not because he deserved it.

eta: Thanks for the thread, Lindsay.

Lorelai, about her dog: He's totally fine having his personal freedoms slowly stripped away,
as long as he's completely unaware that it's happening - just like a true American.

Last edited by caf123; 04-23-2006 at 10:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
I think Luke will have forgiven her by then. I just think he may be questioning her love for him. Marriage under those circumstances could work for these two. It could give Lorelai a chance to prove that she DOES indeed love him. JMO

ETA: genki, do you really think that's a good idea? I just don't know.

No no...(genki goes screaming into the woods)

Luke and lorelai deserve to know that they love each other.

I fear that luke will never (no matter how much lorelai pleads or whether he forgives her or not...) believe that she can love him for all his warts. I think he will be paranoid of messing up. He'll be afraid that she'll leave him the next time he messes up which he probably will cause well thats what people do.

ETA: his not knowing and it falling into the continuity whole is the only way i can see them moving forward. Any thing else would require me to rewire my brain.
Total Fan

Quote:
I disagree because if this happens I am sure that someone else will let it slip. And then I would never see Luke forgiving Lorelai.
And then their whole relationship is one big lie, I just think its the worst idea ever. Actually the worst idea ever is that Amy wrote this fracking storyline in the first place. Why alienate your fans?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread