Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2016, 08:06 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlingcity (View Post)

Jess had his own life. He just didn't wasn't in a relationship. If and only if something is coming after this then I think she plans to do something with it. If it was just a bone, it was a rather skinny and small bone.
No, I know he had had own life, but all these years later, I was a bit surprised when they made it clear that he still has feelings for her. I agree it was a very sickly bone, lol, but I was just surprised that they put it in at all. If this is really the end of GG, it seemed a bit sad for Jess that he is still hung up on her.

RL seem so tainted to me I can't imagine that ever ending well if they continue the show. So every scene I see with them seems like a waste of screen time.

I was a bit surprised too with how much regret Rory expressed over Dean, but I was really pleased with how completely Dean had moved on and he was happy. His story was wrapped up well.

As to whether it should continue...I don't know. I'm disappointed with some things if this was really the end, but I know if the show continues I'm likely to be let down anyway because I never get "my way" on shows ha ha. I feel like I'm always hungry for more Stars Hollow and more LL and more Rory and Lorelei, but...good things can certainly linger on past their prime.

~Katie~
Old 11-28-2016, 08:12 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dragon (View Post)
No, I know he had had own life, but all these years later, I was a bit surprised when they made it clear that he still has feelings for her. I agree it was a very sickly bone, lol, but I was just surprised that they put it in at all. If this is really the end of GG, it seemed a bit sad for Jess that he is still hung up on her.

RL seem so tainted to me I can't imagine that ever ending well if they continue the show. So every scene I see with them seems like a waste of screen time.

I was a bit surprised too with how much regret Rory expressed over Dean, but I was really pleased with how completely Dean had moved on and he was happy. His story was wrapped up well.

As to whether it should continue...I don't know. I'm disappointed with some things if this was really the end, but I know if the show continues I'm likely to be let down anyway because I never get "my way" on shows ha ha. I feel like I'm always hungry for more Stars Hollow and more LL and more Rory and Lorelei, but...good things can certainly linger on past their prime.
It's so funny because I wasn't a Dean fan after season 3 but I was so stinkin proud of him! With one scene they wrapped up his story perfectly.

Every RL scene was a waste of time, hard to stomach, another nail in their coffin as characters. I couldn't believe it. I said WTF? So many times.

I'm going to rewatch the look. What's be circulated is that ASP wants to parallel RL with LC and RJ with LL. In every outlet I've read they keep saying that. So I think that's what is what. Similar to how through the years we knew Luke loved Lorelai even though they had a great friendship. ASP was setting up the same thing. If it is the end, I guess it could be sad or since it really was just one scene, just an awwww what could have been...but move on you beautiful man!

If he would have been like that through the 4 episodes though, I would have been sad for him.

I would have liked to see a Jess and Liz scene instead of the musical.
Old 11-28-2016, 08:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Naaa, I'd even rather half my ship be dead than that digusting.
To each his own
Old 11-28-2016, 08:18 AM
Loyal Fan

Agreed.
Old 11-28-2016, 08:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

For me, in terms of Alexis' acting, I mentioned it before but I just found it odd that she seemed more visibly moved by Finn than she was by Jess, lol.

I would truly buy she had repressed feelings for him, before I bought she had any lingering feelings for Jess. There was lingering regret and emotion with Dean, but Jess could have been anyone she casually knew in high school.
Old 11-28-2016, 08:21 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I'm going to rewatch the look. What's be circulated is that ASP wants to parallel RL with LC and RJ with LL. In every outlet I've read they keep saying that.
I'm just catching up now on what different sites have to say, and yes, most of them are mentioning that. A number of them said, "if this is the end of GG, we already know how it would play out, Logan=Christopher, Jess=Luke". I wonder if that is how the Palladino's meant for it to translate, or are we reading too much into it?

I saw Rory as viewing Jess as a trusted old friend who knows her very well. Someone she doesn't see often anymore, but who she can pick up where they left off, because they are those types of friend. I could see that leading either direction - they remain good friends with a long history who can always get honesty from each other...or as being a friendship similar to Luke/Lorelei, where Jess always holds a candle for her, and she gradually comes to realize she feels the same way.

~Katie~
Old 11-28-2016, 08:21 AM
Obsessed Fan

ASP knew Jess fans would never accept her him in such a shameful way for anything. It's damn good thing he's cared for as a character. I appreciate that.
Old 11-28-2016, 08:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
For me, in terms of Alexis' acting, I mentioned it before but I just found it odd that she seemed more visibly moved by Finn than she was by Jess, lol.
OMG yes
I think her portion with the LDB was when I saw Rory the happiest during the whole revival and it made me love that bit even more

Quote:
There was lingering regret and emotion with Dean, but Jess could have been anyone she casually knew in high school.
I think it was refreshing to see Rory kinda chocked up about Dean while he couldn't care less, at least he broke his pattern regarding her.

Quote:
wonder if that is how the Palladino's meant for it to translate, or are we reading too much into it?
If that's what they wanted us to infere, they didn't do a very good job at it. There was a lot of saying that L is the new C, but an awful little of showing.
Old 11-28-2016, 08:25 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dragon (View Post)
I'm just catching up now on what different sites have to say, and yes, most of them are mentioning that. A number of them said, "if this is the end of GG, we already know how it would play out, Logan=Christopher, Jess=Luke". I wonder if that is how the Palladino's meant for it to translate, or are we reading too much into it?
Apparently yes that's what she meant to translate. I didn't even want to reach for those parallels tbh but it's ones we're presented with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stelena&Bamon (View Post)
ASP knew Jess fans would never accept her him in such a shameful way for anything. It's damn good thing he's cared for as a character. I appreciate that.
Of course not. If she made him scum like Logan, I would have rioted. To watch him from 2002 to become morally bankrupt in the end.

She has no twitter but I would have found a way.

Last edited by Starlingcity; 11-28-2016 at 08:36 AM Reason: sp
Old 11-28-2016, 08:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I agree. I was prepared to be exasperated with the LDB, because 30 something year olds need to behave their damn selves, lol, but it was almost the only time Alexis really lit up, which turned it into a bright spot. That and it was beautifully shot.

Quote:
ASP knew Jess fans would never accept her him in such a shameful way for anything.
I honestly doubt that had anything to do with it. ASP has been very clear over the years that fan popularity means absolutely nothing to her. Jess' growth came off as the most consistent because he wasn't in the last season- he truly picked up where he left off, and had the arc that she had intended for him.
Old 11-28-2016, 08:31 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:

Of course not. If she made him scum like Logan, I would have riotted. To watch him from 2002 to become morally bankrupt in the end.

She has no twitter but I would have found a way.
I would have turned off my computer lol!

Old 11-28-2016, 08:34 AM
Loyal Fan

Is the consensus what the heck happened to Rory? Not career wise but as a person? I didn't expect that. Nobody could have been happy with her arc.
Old 11-28-2016, 08:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I mean, to some extent, it was probably realistic if you look at it from a dark perspective. Rory was incredibly sheltered, and spoiled to a large extent. The entire town treated her as the most special snowflake ever. It was noted by a lot of people over the years that she truly didn't seem to have the drive or hunger or tenacity to really cut it as a journalist. She lived off of her trust fund and bounced around for many years, refusing to take regular jobs she saw as "beneath" her.

Even what she did with Logan makes sense if you acknowledge she didn't learn much from what happened with Dean. Lorelai scolding her didn't last- she threw a temper tantrum and ran off to Europe with Emily, Lorelai apologized to HER for some unknown reason when she came back and reverted back to sheltering her from the worst of the fall-out, and she and Dean ultimately broke up for reasons fairly unrelated to them breaking up his marriage. She seems to feel entitled to "her guys", and I guess it's not surprising that she wouldn't care about Odette.

So in short, what happened with Rory was super depressing, but probably realistic. Logan, however, was just a hot mess and hugely damaged by ASP refusing to acknowledge S7 and his character growth at that time (even apart from Rory- he had decided to forge his own career path apart from his father. S7 Logan would never just go along with "the dynastic plan").
Old 11-28-2016, 08:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
That and it was beautifully shot.
Yes, it really was, props for that.

Quote:
Logan, however, was just a hot mess and hugely damaged by ASP refusing to acknowledge S7 and his character growth at that time (even apart from Rory- he had decided to forge his own career path apart from his father. S7 Logan would never just go along with "the dynastic plan").
It hurts my head to think how much he was ruined by this reckless writing.
Old 11-28-2016, 08:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
That and it was beautifully shot.
Yes, it really was, props for that.

Quote:
Logan, however, was just a hot mess and hugely damaged by ASP refusing to acknowledge S7 and his character growth at that time (even apart from Rory- he had decided to forge his own career path apart from his father. S7 Logan would never just go along with "the dynastic plan").
It hurts my head to think how much he was ruined by this reckless writing.