Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2016, 07:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Gilmore Girls Revival #11: Three generations, two girls, one town.

PREVIOUS THREAD

Reminder: Spoilers are not allowed on the tv show forums, only on the spoiler board. Please read the official FanForum rules on spoilers, as well as the Gilmore Girls board spoiler policy thread. Icons made from spoiler photos should not be used before episodes air or be posted on non-spoiler threads. There is a Spoiler Fanart Thread where spoiler creations can be posted.

Please note that asking and/or begging for more spoilers isn't necessary. Our sources give what they can, whenever it is possible, and when the time is right. Asking over and over again won't make them come any quicker, or any more detailed. Newest spoilers are posted with a

Gilmore Girls Revival Spoilers

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

General revival articles
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

General revival spoilers

General revival – casting news

TVLine’s cheat sheet: who’s returning?
  • Lauren Graham – Lorelai Gilmore – yesyes
  • Alexis Bledel – Rory Gilmore – yes
  • Emily Bishop – Emily Gilmore – yes
  • Scott Patterson – Luke Danes – yesyes
  • Keiko Agena – Lane Kim – yes
  • Melissa McCarthy – Sookie St. James – ASP is gameso far no
  • Jackson Douglas – Jackson Bellville – yesyes
  • Liza Weil – Paris Geller – yesyes
  • Danny Strong – Doyle McMaster – yes
  • Matt Czuchry – Logan Huntzberger – yesyes
  • Milo Ventimiglia – Jess Mariano – yes yes
  • Jared Padalecki – Dean Forrester – yes
  • David Sutcliffe – Christopher Hayden – yesyes
  • Sean Gunn – Kirk Gleason - yesyes
  • Yanic Truesdale – Michel Girard – yesyes
  • Mike Gandolfi – Andrew – yes
  • John Cabrera – Brian Fuller – yes
  • Sam Philips – la la’s – yes
  • Grant-Lee Philips – Town Troubadour – yes
  • Tanc Sade – Finn – yes
  • Rose Abdoo – Gypsy – yes
  • Sally Struthers – Babette – yes
  • Ted Rooney – Morey – yes
  • Michael Winters – Taylor Doose – yes
  • Sparky – Paul Anka the dog – yes
  • Gregg Henry – Mitchum Huntzberger – yes
  • Kathleen Wilhoite – Liz Danes – no
  • Sutton Foster – ??? – yesyes
  • ??? – Paul (Rory’s boyfriend)
  • ??? – Tim (Paris & Doyle’s son)
  • Olivia Jellen – Gabriela (Paris & Doyle’s daughter)
  • Mark Provencher – Phil

Previous Threads
#1: Gilmore Girls 2016 Revival Spoilers
#2: Welcome back Stars Hollow!
#3: Where you lead I will follow, anywhere that you tell me to

http://www.fanforum.com/f15/gilmore-...4/index13.html
Thread #6
Gilmore Girls Revival #7: I see that Tree

http://www.fanforum.com/f15/gilmore-...ival-63169023/

Old 11-27-2016, 07:43 PM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks for the thread!

Last edited by Stelena&Bamon; 11-27-2016 at 07:54 PM
Old 11-27-2016, 10:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

I am sure I am not the only one but when I see Jared. I just dont see Dean" I see Sam lol
Old 11-27-2016, 11:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~AnastasiaGrey~ (View Post)
I am sure I am not the only one but when I see Jared. I just dont see Dean" I see Sam lol
I agree It's why I all of a sudden appreciate Dean... I never used to like him, but my Jared/Sam bias shone very brightly when I saw his pretty face in this revival

Alexis scenes when she has to be physical with someone else are often quite painful to watch.. I am not really sure what it is. Alexis has great emotional range as an actor.. but the physicality scenes are just very odd for her. Does anyone else have this issue
Old 11-28-2016, 02:14 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glader|4|Life (View Post)
Alexis scenes when she has to be physical with someone else are often quite painful to watch.. I am not really sure what it is. Alexis has great emotional range as an actor.. but the physicality scenes are just very odd for her. Does anyone else have this issue
Yeah, I'm with you on that.
Old 11-28-2016, 02:23 AM
Part-Time Fan

I won't talk about Rory's storyline or growth as a character. It was ludicrous.

The rest of the revival was absolutely wonderful. You can tell everyone gave it their all and poured their hearts into it. Emily, Paris and Lorelai were amazing and I relished every single scene they were in. I think they did a terrific job with anything that wasn't Rory or the maids.

Harry Potter ~ The Lord of the Rings ~ Costume Dramas ~ Disney ~

Last edited by Ruby Rose Scarlett; 11-28-2016 at 06:27 AM
Old 11-28-2016, 03:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I was happy to see Dean and I was glad he had a nice ending. He didn't spent 10 years pining for a girl who clearly didn't want him. He got himself a nice family away from SH, good for him.
Old 11-28-2016, 03:39 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glader|4|Life (View Post)
I agree It's why I all of a sudden appreciate Dean... I never used to like him, but my Jared/Sam bias shone very brightly when I saw his pretty face in this revival
There was part of me that was thinking, "Awww Sammy!"

Overall I was pleased with the man he became and now together he was. It's the same with Jess, these characters who had these flaws and you'd think, "Man, if you give a few years they'd really grow into themselves, I know it. I'm sure 10 years from now that will all be a distant memory." Then here we are watching the revival and it happened.
Old 11-28-2016, 04:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Quote:
Originally Posted by ale-la-pazza1 (View Post)
I was happy to see Dean and I was glad he had a nice ending. He didn't spent 10 years pining for a girl who clearly didn't want him. He got himself a nice family away from SH, good for him.
The fact that Dean no longer was pining for Rory was such a bright spot in the revival, lol. I remember saying in the spoiler thread before we had any spoilers that it was really going to irritate me if these guys were still longing for Rory after all these years, which is part of why my eyes rolled so hard they almost fell out of my head at Jess' final scene. He hasn't dated her in 14 years!!! He hadn't SEEN her in more than four years, lol. Move on with your life bro, dang. She's not THAT special.

Quote:
Alexis scenes when she has to be physical with someone else are often quite painful to watch.
I do not know what this is. She literally cannot hug another human being in a normal way to save her life. She either winces, clenches her hands like she's being squeezed to death, or holds her body so she's still standing apart from them. How has no director ever sat down with her and explained she's got to cut that out, lol?
Old 11-28-2016, 04:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristofle (View Post)
The fact that Dean no longer was pining for Rory was such a bright spot in the revival, lol. I remember saying in the spoiler thread before we had any spoilers that it was really going to irritate me if these guys were still longing for Rory after all these years, which is part of why my eyes rolled so hard they almost fell out of my head at Jess' final scene. He hasn't dated her in 14 years!!! He hadn't SEEN her in more than four years, lol. Move on with your life bro, dang. She's not THAT special.
I remember you saying that
I felt that look from Jess was a way to not crush their fans' hopes, like throwing a little bone; too bad it was so one sided that it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. If they really wanted to show that there was still something between RJ, they would have had something ala Rachel/Luke/Lorelai with Jess mentioning he was seeing someone and Rory gets even a little bit jealous. But we didn't see that at all, the best Rory gave Jess was a friendship toast; it couldn't have been more platonic if she tried. Hell, she showed more emotion with Finn than she did with Jess
Old 11-28-2016, 04:29 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Rose Scarlett (View Post)
I won't talk about Rory's storyline or growth as a character. It was ludicrous.

The rest of the revival was absolutely wonderful. You can tell everyone gave it their all and poured their hearts into it. Emily, Paris and Lorelai were wonderful and I relished every single scene they were in. I think they did a wonderful job with anything that wasn't Rory or the maids.
My thoughts exactly. Rory's storyline smh.

Emily was shining throughout.

The revival did leave me wanting more of some characters and never needing to see others again.

TPTB got it right with Dean and Jess. The window they gave us into their lives they were both good men. Jess giving Luke advice and supporting him through Wild and the Wedding. The advice he gave to Rory in the Gazette.

Even though Dean was just one scene, he had himself together. He was in Stars Hollow to visit his family and had one of his own.

Logan was beyond awful. I struggled watching his scenes.

2 out of 3 isn’t bad though.
Old 11-28-2016, 04:43 AM
Part-Time Fan

Jess and Luke's scenes were heartwarming.

I went knowing I would have to accept whatever nonsense they pulled for these characters. I was expecting the worst at times.

I checked Jess' finger so fast. I looked around for a car he might be sleeping in. Any fast one ASP could pull lol!
Old 11-28-2016, 05:06 AM
Loyal Fan

I was confident with Jess.

The last we saw of him with TPTB was getting Rory to think about her decision with Yale. Later it was the arts event with him thanking Luke and meeting his niece. I knew they would follow through with in.

My only concern was a triangle or rectangle because of the way the media was hyping it. I thought they might just be used for that and have it overshadow their characters. I hate romances ruining shows with a passion!!!!!

Literati had the perfect subtly it needed. It wasn't gaudy or sleazy. They saved all the sleaze and moral bankruptcy for Logan.

They allowed Jess to exist as himself first. Same with Dean.

It's crazy Dean had one scene and he was leaps and bounds better than Logan.
Old 11-28-2016, 05:15 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ale-la-pazza1 (View Post)
I remember you saying that
I felt that look from Jess was a way to not crush their fans' hopes, like throwing a little bone; too bad it was so one sided that it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. If they really wanted to show that there was still something between RJ, they would have had something ala Rachel/Luke/Lorelai with Jess mentioning he was seeing someone and Rory gets even a little bit jealous. But we didn't see that at all, the best Rory gave Jess was a friendship toast; it couldn't have been more platonic if she tried. Hell, she showed more emotion with Finn than she did with Jess
As an RJ fan, it pains me to agree :p. But you're right, we got nothing on her end. I don't think it was just Alexis' acting either; if they had wanted to show any hint of interest on Rory's part they could have, but imo it just wasn't there. Even her last scene with him, rushing out to briefly squeal about her first 3 chapters or whatever... that could easily have been a moment with some kind of intimate undertones. They could have been alone, even shared a lingering hug or a loaded look or whatever. But nope. I think that's why the much discussed 'pining look' on Jess' behalf really irked me. Imo it was a clear setup for the Luke/Lorelai parallel, but it was a poor one and ultimately I could have done without it.

I'd rather believe Jess happily moved on with his life than be left pining after a woman who may or may not ever reciprocate his feelings while she's busy raising another man's child. Imo no ship really came out on top in the end, but at least RL got some nice reciprocated romance, even if the circumstances were pretty bleak. They might not have had a satisfying ending, but at least they had some kind of story I guess.
Old 11-28-2016, 05:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I don't think Alexis helped the situation, lol, but no, it wasn't just her. If she was supposed to be more impacted by Jess, a director would have re-shot their scenes. She would have had some kind of dialogue to that effect. She didn't even know how long it had been since they'd last seen each other, and didn't seem that bothered by the stretch of time. And that would have been perfectly fine, except for his last scene, lol. Outside of that, they are people who dated in high school and remember each other fondly, are still connected through Luke and Lorelai, and have similar interests. They're not exactly besties and nothing in their lives changes by not seeing each other for years on end, but they have a good time when they happen to run into each other. But there's no point in watering down his progress as a character by having him still have a thing for a girl who has not shown him any real interest in 14 years, and who showed him exactly no interest in the revival other than as someone to vent to.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread