Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2007, 05:08 AM
Dedicated Fan

Good morning and thanks for the new thread.

oy, with the conflicting news about season 8 already! I wish they would just tell us.
Old 03-29-2007, 05:11 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmorrow (View Post)
I think the GG song choice for LG to singn to Luke is probably going to be played ironically - it doesn't mean that the situation needs to match the lyrics.

Let's not forget ASP's choice of having Judy Garland singing a song that was about the man that is now gone and got away playing as Luke swept in to kiss Lorelai in "So Good...Talk". It was clearly a song with lyrics that would never have implied getting back together.

So, I'm keeping an open mind about it.
dude, that's what I said yesterday, but everyone was all with the negative interpretations.

thanks for the new one Mots.
Old 03-29-2007, 05:12 AM
Loyal Fan

Oh, sorry - didn't see your post from yesterday. (oh, and not a "dude")
Old 03-29-2007, 05:12 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkaranafeatMeeko (View Post)
That's the spirit!

And yes she's wearing a dress on the pics and Matt is in suit. And onone pic one of the crew people is kneeling in front of another and it looks like a proposal. Seems like they are rehearsing for the proposal.

And yay for season eight
Yeah - I tell you - it all depends on the spirit!

sorry, but what pics?
I mean where are those pics?
I'm dieing to see them!!!
Old 03-29-2007, 05:13 AM
Dedicated Fan

Sorry to bring back a topic that is 5 pages old...but if the "frock store" has been approached for possibly the next 6 to 9 months, I think that bodes very very well for a season 8.

As for the weird timing, it may be a negotiation point with LG, that they begin shooting S8 sooner and end sooner so she can move on to other projects. This was one of the conditions of the cast (particularly Jennifer Aniston) for the final season of Friends.

JMO of course.
Old 03-29-2007, 05:17 AM
Dedicated Fan

Since the "frock store" has been approached for possibly the next 6 to 9 months - does it automatically mean it was approached for GG?
Or could it be for CW in general? For any series??
Old 03-29-2007, 05:17 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Oh, sorry - didn't see your post from yesterday. (oh, and not a "dude")
sorry, no coffee yet and I was just happy to see that someone thought the same thing.
Old 03-29-2007, 05:19 AM
Dedicated Fan

I just assumed the spoiler was for GG.

from FormerlyAmish on TWOP

"A very good friend of mine manages a "frock shop" from which GG has sourced some of its wardrobe over the past few years. They have been approached about supplying clothing over the next 6-9 months. I think that offers a wee bit of hope re: Season Eight. Yes? "
Old 03-29-2007, 05:25 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookiloo (View Post)
I just assumed the spoiler was for GG.

from FormerlyAmish on TWOP

"A very good friend of mine manages a "frock shop" from which GG has sourced some of its wardrobe over the past few years. They have been approached about supplying clothing over the next 6-9 months. I think that offers a wee bit of hope re: Season Eight. Yes? "
Intersting, very...
Trying not to get to optimistic here, but can't help it

"You do kind of feel like they are equally matched and they both kind of have a very similar heart and similar passions and that they are destined to be together again." ~Jayma Mays
WillEmma
Old 03-29-2007, 05:25 AM
Ultimate Fan

Thanks for the thread, Mots
and to all who lately brought over info and pics.

Quote:
Sorry to bring back a topic that is 5 pages old...but if the "frock store" has been approached for possibly the next 6 to 9 months, I think that bodes very very well for a season 8.

As for the weird timing, it may be a negotiation point with LG, that they begin shooting S8 sooner and end sooner so she can move on to other projects. This was one of the conditions of the cast (particularly Jennifer Aniston) for the final season of Friends.

JMO of course.
It could also be related to the possible impending writers' strike, talked about in Hollywood, which might have some shows shooting through the summer to avoid getting caught without fresh episodes. I think that was a production possibility that was talked about here or on the MT (RIP) or somewhere.

Sign Petition For More Gilmore Girls
Old 03-29-2007, 05:30 AM
Passionate Fan

Who's dressed in which dress? And is the Matt they referr to Logan?

I know this is the LL thread so the proposal should be from Luke to Lorelai.

Sorry if I sound confused: I am. I'm starting a new project and things are pretty hectic - good and exciting hectic, but still - around here.

Anyone will to explain the proposal thing? :flower:

Thanks

Wilson: No, you're not afraid of authority, you're afraid she actually is right for you. You're afraid to take a chance, because it's too big a chance. If it doesn't work with her, then maybe there's no one out there.
Old 03-29-2007, 05:36 AM
Dedicated Fan

I think the CW will roll over to LG's demands (or whatever this game of chicken is about).

The CW has so few shows that can bring in decent numbers, I assume they will do whatever they can to bring GG back.

I went back and read through the old spoilers....the CW has known for a loooong time that Alexis was not coming back, it has given them a good long while to prepare for negotiations with LG.

I am in no way certain that there will be a season 8, however I choose to be optimistic at this point.
Old 03-29-2007, 05:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tea-Bee (View Post)
Yeah - I tell you - it all depends on the spirit!

sorry, but what pics?
I mean where are those pics?
I'm dieing to see them!!!
They are here on the R&L thread since they are of Rory and Logan.
Old 03-29-2007, 05:44 AM
Loyal Fan

What LG demands are you referring to? We only know that she has said - many times - that she would never do the show if AB were not on the show - so, if AB is out, I don't know what would ever convince her to do it without AB. It would no longer be the Gilmore Girls and as much as I am more into Lorelai's (and Luke's) storylines (which I'm sure is due to my age and being closer in age to them), I can't envision this show without one of the girls.
Old 03-29-2007, 05:45 AM
glo
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I think the CW will roll over to LG's demands (or whatever this game of chicken is about).

The CW has so few shows that can bring in decent numbers, I assume they will do whatever they can to bring GG back.

I went back and read through the old spoilers....the CW has known for a loooong time that Alexis was not coming back, it has given them a good long while to prepare for negotiations with LG.

I am in no way certain that there will be a season 8, however I choose to be optimistic at this point.
I love the positive vibes!

When should we start expecting any official previews or cast photos or even descriptions of the upcoming episodes?

Can't wait to see if there are any new USC pictures today

Quote:
What LG demands are you referring to? We only know that she has said - many times - that she would never do the show if AB were not on the show - so, if AB is out, I don't know what would ever convince her to do it without AB. It would no longer be the Gilmore Girls and as much as I am more into Lorelai's (and Luke's) storylines (which I'm sure is due to my age and being closer in age to them), I can't envision this show without one of the girls.
I think they are still trying. Already some of it seen in the producer credits. I think there is still a possibility of it happening, and AB story line told in a different way, with maybe some appearances. I am ok, with that, and lots of SH citizen stuff and L/L.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread