Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2007, 04:54 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaso (View Post)
I'm not so certain anymore. That scene in the promo doesn't scream divorce to me. I'm waiting for ep.16 description to be sure. oy the headache
Every week we are at that point. The promo always leads us into a totally different direction. To me it sounded as if there was a big BUT right around the corner after Lorelai said I want to want you. Let's wait and see if the extended promo shows more and maybe something different and what the dc will be about. Later this week we also get the Canadian promo which should be different. So don't go all into pessimistic mode again. They are just playing with us.
Old 02-07-2007, 05:02 AM
Dedicated Fan

when can we expect a ep-description für 7.16?
Old 02-07-2007, 05:04 AM
Obsessed Fan

I will try and stay optimistic capp. Every Wednesday it's like that but after we get some new info it's up again. They certainly know how to play with us.

I'm telling you once the torture is over i will never under any circumstances invest in a tv/movie couple ever again!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie
To me it sounds like the exactly opposite. It sounds like she doesn't want him. She wants to want him because he's her husband and it would be easier and everything. But she just doesn't. I think that line's great. It really summarizes what we've been trying to wrap our minds around. To her, being with him and loving him is what is easier and simpler, and what she wants to want, but she just doesn't, and she doesn't love him enough, etc.
ITA

KB
Old 02-07-2007, 05:10 AM
Ultimate Fan

We should get a description on Thursday.

We already know it's going to be over by 7.15 - so just don't worry about it.
Old 02-07-2007, 05:15 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappuccino (View Post)
We already know it's going to be over by 7.15 - so just don't worry about it.
I don't get why we're worrying in the first place. We know Chris moves out in ep. 15, we know that she has to tell Emily about the breakup of her marriage. And we now know that no matter how much she wants to love Chris, she just can't. It all sounds good to me. Plus we have that little wave outside the diner
Old 02-07-2007, 05:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Unless the SL has be "tweaked" again!
Old 02-07-2007, 05:26 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993 (View Post)
Unless the SL has be "tweaked" again!
please, don't say it twice!
Old 02-07-2007, 05:43 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiegg108 (View Post)
I don't get why we're worrying in the first place. We know Chris moves out in ep. 15, we know that she has to tell Emily about the breakup of her marriage. And we now know that no matter how much she wants to love Chris, she just can't. It all sounds good to me. Plus we have that little wave outside the diner
That was really nice but still kind of sad.

Old 02-07-2007, 05:55 AM
Dedicated Fan

I had hoped that there would be more anger from Lorelai about Christopher being MIA. I understand that she needs to put on her game face in front of Luke when Chris shows, but after Luke leaves she should be angry. I didn't sense that. The promos also showed no anger, which I would have liked. But in reality, what would it say about Lorelai if she didn't feel something for Chris (even if it is only sadness and guilt?) It would ruin her character more (than the writers already have) if they had her brush Chris aside easily and fling herself on Luke quickly. I too didn't like the way she treated Luke though. She may as well have shoved him out the hospital door when he first showed up. Maybe she is still angry/resentful with him about his treatment of her last season? Any thoughts?

I was saddened by the gift shop scene with Emily. After all these years Lorelai doesn't know how her mother reacts to these kinds of situations? Show the woman a little compassion, already. She's not all bad. When things are bad she represses and busies herself. It doesn't mean she doesn't care.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirella (View Post)
That was really nice but still kind of sad.

I'm wondering is the wave before or after the "want to want" from Lorelai?

Maybe like some have spec'ed, L&L go home after the hospital and talk, Lorelai opens up. Chris leaves for a few days and comes back late in the ep to talk some more but Lorelai has made her choice and Chris is OUT.

I just need to know no more "tweaking" is happening!
Old 02-07-2007, 06:03 AM
Master Fan

Hey, it really did snow here last night. There was like an inch and 1/2 on the ground when I walked out this morning. Made me smile.

I don't think there is any reason to doubt that Lorelai and Christopher are over. It took me awhile to come around to that promo from last night (I just don't like the wording), but it makes sense. She wants to want Christopher because after all these years of trying to get together and all the maybes of working out, she is married to him now. She wants to want the guy she married, but she doesn't. Plain and simple. That and she doesn't need a failed marriage. And I also think it's a bit to do with the fact that she believes that Luke doesn't want her, so if she ends things with Christopher she really will end up alone. So she wants things to work with Christopher, but she knows it's not healthy to stay in this marriage.

I'm sad for her. She's having a rough time. But like I said last night, I'm also proud of her for stepping up and accepting the truth and stating it. It hurts her to do so, but she is. I say good for her. And at least it looks amicable.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:09 AM
Master Fan

Will you be my Lorelai Gilmore, could be that Lorelai is a "free woman" again in 7.17 ??

I don´t know, the promo didn´t scream divorce to me either....I just know that I hate THIS Lorelai, and IMO 8 eps is not enough time for DR to get the old Lorelai back, or even LL back together.....
Old 02-07-2007, 06:10 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mots15 (View Post)
Hey, it really did snow here last night. There was like an inch and 1/2 on the ground when I walked out this morning. Made me smile.

I don't think there is any reason to doubt that Lorelai and Christopher are over. It took me awhile to come around to that promo from last night (I just don't like the wording), but it makes sense. She wants to want Christopher because after all these years of trying to get together and all the maybes of working out, she is married to him now. She wants to want the guy she married, but she doesn't. Plain and simple. That and she doesn't need a failed marriage. And I also think it's a bit to do with the fact that she believes that Luke doesn't want her, so if she ends things with Christopher she really will end up alone. So she wants things to work with Christopher, but she knows it's not healthy to stay in this marriage.

I'm sad for her. She's having a rough time. But like I said last night, I'm also proud of her for stepping up and accepting the truth and stating it. It hurts her to do so, but she is. I say good for her. And at least it looks amicable.
Well said!
I never expected her to be all giddy and excited about admitting that she and Chris aren't suitable for marriage or partnership, and that it's over after all the years and stuff they've been through. (She's not us, lol.) I wonder how much will be out in the open as the reasons she sees for this.

Sign Petition For More Gilmore Girls
Old 02-07-2007, 06:13 AM
Obsessed Fan

I don't know for everybody else but I guess i'm a little worried by the second ep. description from tv guide which refers to "marital problems" and not "end of the marriage" as cw mentioned. I know that ciaobella confirmed that by 14 they are over but what if they got a s8 and they just drag it out?

ETA Nice post there Mots

KB
Old 02-07-2007, 06:16 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaso (View Post)
I know that ciaobella confirmed that by 14 they are over but what if they got a s8 and they just drag it out?
Thats what I fear too......but I hope that DR knows that fans are NOT that patient.....we are sick and tired of waiting....
Closed Thread   Post New Thread