Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2007, 12:34 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993 (View Post)
Thanks, I don't know if it's the best it only took a few seconds.
Yeah, but she's got that "look"...
Old 01-31-2007, 12:34 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyCerts (View Post)
And IF this is the last season and IF LL will end this show as "just friends", boy, DR better get some bodyguards......
No kidding.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoKahne (View Post)
Yeah, but she's got that "look"...
Well I have Photoshop running with some good filters. Now just waiting for the HQ copies over the next few days I hope

So Lorelai looked great tonight and we get a L&L scene even if she was hoping Chris was calling, I guess she didn't answer the phone "Chris..."
Old 01-31-2007, 12:41 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Well I have Photoshop running with some good filters. Now just waiting for the HQ copies over the next few days I hope

So Lorelai looked great tonight and we get a L&L scene even if she was hoping Chris was calling, I guess she didn't answer the phone "Chris..."
I really wonder what Lauren's "Producer" credit means to the series - is it part of her negotiations for a season 8? She said a year or so ago that she didn't think that she'd ever get the chance to Produce.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:42 AM
Part-Time Fan

Actually, Lorelai's reactions tie in with the spoiler that the C/L breakup is not about Luke. If it isn't about Luke, then that means Lorelai is not going to act as if she is in love with him.

A very insightful poster at TwoP explained it pretty well, imo. She said that Lorelai has convinced herself that Luke does not love her, so why dwell on it. She made a choice to move on, she's invested in Chris and their marriage. They are setting it up to show that Chris will let his fears of Luke get the better of him and he will bail like he always does. What Chris doesn't realize is that Lorelai gave him a pass, and isn't judging him for failing to be there for Rory. She is only expecting him to be there for her and Rory now, and show that he really has changed. And when he shows that he hasn't changed, he is toast. And the only thing that makes this about Luke is how Chris sees things.

I actually like the way it's going, because like others have said, I don't want to see Lorelai bouncing back and forth between men. I want to see her by herself for a little while, so I think any love for Luke will have to come later. Plus, the letter shows that Lorelai loves Luke deeply as a person, no matter if she is in a relationship with him or not. It kind of reminds of me "Go Away Little Boy", where she tells Luke she hopes he's in her life forever.

Andy/Nina Everwood
Old 01-31-2007, 12:47 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonana (View Post)
Plus, the letter shows that Lorelai loves Luke deeply as a person, no matter if she is in a relationship with him or not. It kind of reminds of me "Go Away Little Boy", where she tells Luke she hopes he's in her life forever.
Very true. Think about it in reverse -- what if Lorelai had to write a character reference for Christopher, when they weren't together? Nothing she could possibly say would come close to what she said about Luke. Because Christopher doesn't have the heart or character that Luke has. And that doesn't change just because Lorelai's married to him. He's still, IMO, nothing of a man compared to Luke.

So I guess regardless of how the show ends, we'll always know that Lorelai thinks Luke is the bigger and better man. (No sexual pun intended!)
Old 01-31-2007, 12:47 AM
Elite Fan

I totally agree. I think after the supermarket talk, Lorelai thinks that Luke doesn't love her anymore like that. I think she thinks they'll never be together, that she slept with Chris and that is that. The fact is that she's gonna end things with Chris because of Christopher and his reaction. No matter if they had a fight or not, he is gonna be needed in the next episode and he isn't gonna be around.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:48 AM
Loyal Fan

Great post leonana

You just brightened my day!
Old 01-31-2007, 12:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

leonana I agree and have said it's sounding a bit like the first 4 season, kinda. Luke loves Lorelai but since she went off with Chris doesn't think she loves him, even with the divorce. Lorelai loves Luke and again doesn't think he loves her 'cause of Chris.

Damn it these tow just need to spend some time and someone (I hope Lorelai) Needs to take a leap of faith and kiss the other.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:54 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiekate (View Post)
Great post leonana

You just brightened my day!
Your welcome!

Man, SP was just all kinds of awesome, imo. Seeing his face light up as the letter was read will go down as one of my all time favorite scenes.

Quote:
leonana I agree and have said it's sounding a bit like the first 4 season, kinda. Luke loves Lorelai but since she went off with Chris doesn't think she loves him, even with the divorce. Lorelai loves Luke and again doesn't think he loves her 'cause of Chris.

Damn it these tow just need to spend some time and someone (I hope Lorelai) Needs to take a leap of faith and kiss the other.
So true. Luke thought Lorelai wasn't an option, and married Nicole.

Andy/Nina Everwood
Old 01-31-2007, 12:56 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Man, SP was just all kinds of awesome, imo. Seeing his face light up as the letter was read will go down as one of my all time favorite scenes.
Did anyone else see a glimmer of a tear in his eye? It's probably completely wishful thinking...but I swear it looked like he was sort of on the verge of tears.

So did Christopher, lol. But that's another story.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:58 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Your welcome!

So true. Luke thought Lorelai wasn't an option, and married Nicole.
Might just be me and my stupid cold...but his eyes looked watery when the letter was being read.

ETA: great minds tara

Avi by PollyGreen

LJ
Old 01-31-2007, 12:59 AM
Extreme Fan

Tazz, we think (or see?) alike!
Old 01-31-2007, 01:27 AM
Dedicated Fan

Morning everyone!
Thanks for the thread!

So - how was it? How was it?
Old 01-31-2007, 01:32 AM
Part-Time Fan

leonana, I understand what you're saying as a kind of intellectual exercise, but what does that mean for the emotions? Are they getting turned on and off like lightswitches, denied, covered up, grown out of, moved on from, what? It doesn't really make sense to me.

Like you, I'm definitely up for a little Lorelai alone time, as long as she doesn't end the series that way. I can take it slow on the LL reunion cause I'm a CL-hater first, girls fan second, LL fan third.

Are we done with cutesy CL scenes?? Have we made it??
Closed Thread   Post New Thread