Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2007, 10:10 PM
Master Fan

I think I prefer it this way. I couldn't see how they could make it believable for LL to reconcile, become comfortable with each other again, get married, and become pregnant before the season/series ended. It was too much. I think they're hoping for the 8th season so they have the ability to stretch it out. I'd much rather that. I don't need to see Lorelai jump back and forth between guys. Let her find herself. Let her figure things out. Give her time. This back and forth is getting annoying.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:12 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Question: Thanks for all your info on Gilmore Girls in last week's AA! But after getting our hopes up that the season could end with Luke and Lorelai married and expecting a baby, how likely is that?— Christina
Ausiello: A week ago I would've said it was fairly likely. But this week? Not so likely. (Spoiler alert) Shortly after my item ran, a Gilmore insider (who asked not to be identified for fear of unemployment), confided to me that the engagement/pregnancy plot has been scaled back. "They will not be that far along in a relationship [by May]," my spy revealed. "There will be progress, but she won't be pregnant or engaged in the season or series finale — as of now."
Seriously????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SERIOUSLY???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just when things started to look up...
Old 01-30-2007, 10:12 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nst (View Post)
what rubbed me the wrong way was the end when she kept saying i love you and reached for him or lunged at him at it was so overblown and over dramatic
Chris as always is a loser and dragged lorelai down to his level

i won't believe that L/L will be believeably (sp) written back together if so Luke should run away = end this show end it this year

I don't know how they will be written back together to make it believable after all the ily's
I am hoping if I post something cheery, someone will cheer me up. I don't know what I expected by apart from the Luke scenes, not was as I expected.

Only cheerful thng was she didn't say Christopher I am not in love with Luke, I am in love with you.

All she said was she loves him, I love my mother, I love my father, I love siblings and most of my relatives. I love white chocolate cheese cake, I love to travel and I love many, many things. I am in love with my boyfriend.

So I am taking heart from that. I still say Amy did the Lorelai character an injustice and DR hasn't done any better by having this L/C coupling.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:14 PM
Master Fan

I'm happy about AA. A marriage/pregnancy by the end of this season would've been too much even for me.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:15 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
There will be progress, but she won't be pregnant or engaged in the season or series finale — as of now."
Progress=one kiss 2 minutes from the end of 7.22? Eh, whatever. I knew there wasn't a chance in hell of seeing anything close to L/L being married/engaged/expecting a baby unless there was a massive time skip somewhere. At this stage I think I'd just be happy to get to a point where I actually like Lorelai enough that I'd want her to get back together with Luke. They've practically given Luke a halo now. Lorelai? Not doing so great.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:16 PM
GG
Extreme Fan

teamluke. - Yeah, I hear you. It's sad to hear even though there was really no other way for her to go. They are in the middle of an argument, she's not just going to say "Well...yes, I do." IMO.

nst - Ahh...that's the question. We'll hope for the best.

withbatedbreath - Thanks for bringing that over.

IMO, it sounds like someone said too much last week... "Tweaked," anyone? Personally, I think they are waiting to find out about a S8. If there will be a S8 then why sneak all of that stuff in one ep or so when it could provide interesting story archs? If this is the end...I think they might go for the timeskip then the married/baby. JMO.

"...several scenes hinting at sexual tension between Harry's best friends, Ron and Hermione, who can't keep their hands off each other -- and can't figure out why." --SF Gate, POA review.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:18 PM
Dedicated Fan

Well, I should have known better than to be hopeful for AA to be UPlifting. I'm saddened by these news, because then it makes me feel like it might actually just be a progression to their friendship, and all that, and that, that is sad, it needs to be more. And the whole engagement/baby stuff was comforting, like a PROMISE, .... and it would have worked if there was a time skip, or several time skips.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:18 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saranoh (View Post)
I'm happy about AA. A marriage/pregnancy by the end of this season would've been too much even for me.
I know it would be too much in too little time...I guess I just threw out all my believability factors. If this is the last season, I want to see it all. I don't want to imagine the Danes family, I want to see it. And, you ALL know, I don't want to imagine an LL wedding, I want to see it.

I think what bugs me about AA is that he says they won't be "that far" into the relationship. As if all the kinks aren't worked out. And I don't want it to end that way.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:22 PM
New Fan

It's not that I didn't think it was too fast...

But not having them married/pregnant means they're slowing things down... probably into an 8th season. And I really don't want them slowing things down more and more...

They already took their time with Christopher... stupid, stupid!

OH! Thanks for the new thread, Mots! (I forgot to thank you in my previous post),
Old 01-30-2007, 10:23 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara Ashley (View Post)

I think what bugs me about AA is that he says they won't be "that far" into the relationship. As if all the kinks aren't worked out. And I don't want it to end that way.
I didn't read it like that. I read "not that far" as "not engaged or married."
Old 01-30-2007, 10:23 PM
Ultimate Fan

Just saw the episode. It wasn't bad and it wasn't that good either. I have to watch it again because the player acted up from time to time.

I can't be your rebound guy Man that guy is really something Of course you are you idiot. Just look at how this whole experiment started and besides you knew it for Pete's sake

Wasn't it funny as soon as Sookie asked Lorelai about having a kid they were standing besides Luke's

The whole kitchen scene was just too funny What you're seeing him now, talking to him now Is our little dope jealous You want to do what ? Forbid her to see him Dude gets jealous over a cup of coffee Someone left his juices in his territory

Little Mikey backs out on his statement from last week Why does that not surprise me His deep impeded moles in Stars Hollow Dude cracks me up every week.

Thanks for the new thread. I should go back to bed. I had a tough night so c ya in few hours
Old 01-30-2007, 10:25 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Ausiello: A week ago I would've said it was fairly likely. But this week? Not so likely. (Spoiler alert) Shortly after my item ran, a Gilmore insider (who asked not to be identified for fear of unemployment), confided to me that the engagement/pregnancy plot has been scaled back. "They will not be that far along in a relationship [by May]," my spy revealed. "There will be progress, but she won't be pregnant or engaged in the season or series finale — as of now."
I am kind of glad. I wan't Luke and Lorelai to built that great friendship they had before Amy sent everything to hell in her hats, I want the friendship to be kind of different this time, hold nothing back with the talking, Asshat is out of the picture gone and forgotten, CS and SH purified of he who shall not be named.

L/L falls in love all over again.

And then again TPTB might be playing with us just to watch and them another kick in the gut by giving Lorelai a new love interest... No, no more bad thoughts.

Cappuccino , I was wondering where you were.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

also on AA

Quote:
Question: So, Lauren Graham is going to be a producer on Gilmore Girls (Ausiello Report 1/29). Have Scott Patterson and Paul Anka started sending out their resumes yet?— Karri
Ausiello: Oh, no you di'nt.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:27 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mots15 (View Post)
I think I prefer it this way. I couldn't see how they could make it believable for LL to reconcile, become comfortable with each other again, get married, and become pregnant before the season/series ended. It was too much. I think they're hoping for the 8th season so they have the ability to stretch it out. I'd much rather that. I don't need to see Lorelai jump back and forth between guys. Let her find herself. Let her figure things out. Give her time. This back and forth is getting annoying.
ITA. Well said.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:28 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993 (View Post)
also on AA

Quote:
Question: So, Lauren Graham is going to be a producer on Gilmore Girls (Ausiello Report 1/29). Have Scott Patterson and Paul Anka started sending out their resumes yet?— Karri
Ausiello: Oh, no you di'nt.
That was the most insignificant answer to an even more insignificant question. However, thanks for bringing it over.
"It does seem a shame that some of the most wonderful things this nation was built on – free speech, a questioning of authority, and non conformity have somehow been twisted into being labeled ‘Un-American’." - John Oliver
Closed Thread   Post New Thread