Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2007, 11:29 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993 (View Post)
It would have been interesting if Lorelai and the "original" Luke hooked up in Season 5, now that's something I would love to see Lorelai explain to Emily LOL
Hee. Wasn't she supposed to be older too? I can just see her trying to explain the May-December lesbian romance to Emily. BWAHAHAHA!
Old 05-18-2007, 11:30 PM
Master Fan

I've always thought Lorelai/Michel would be amusing. Temporarily of course. LOL
Old 05-18-2007, 11:31 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saranoh (View Post)
Hee. I've heard that the original plan was for Lorelai to end up with Christopher. But that changed due to DS not being available. Not sure if that's true, though.
I think LG might have gone for that also
Old 05-18-2007, 11:32 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chik1n (View Post)
I think LG might have gone for that also
Well yeah. But it was still supposedly ASP's plan. DP is who we have to thank for L/L.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Hee. I've heard that the original plan was for Lorelai to end up with Christopher. But that changed due to DS not being available. Not sure if that's true, though.
Well thank god ASP never planned that before leaving... LOL
Old 05-18-2007, 11:33 PM
Obsessed Fan

That would have saved me a lot of time and money, because I would surely have quit watching. I would have quit earlier this year if I hadn't been online.

eta: How funny. My LC hate killed the thread. Sorry. I am off to sleep. If I don't see you here tomorrow, I hope to catch you around the boards!

Last edited by notoutforawalk; 05-18-2007 at 11:38 PM
Old 05-18-2007, 11:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Well yeah. But it was still supposedly ASP's plan. DP is who we have to thank for L/L.
Also one thing you can say about DS is he knew as an actor that lots of people hated Chris at the start of the season and probably knew anything with Lorelai was not gonna last. I mean no pic in the credits and no 22 ep deal. DS is not stupid, unlike so others on the show...
Old 05-18-2007, 11:37 PM
Master Fan

I'm assuming most of us would've quit by season 2. Or at the very least season 5. Although it would make Lorelai look terrible. Since allegedly she was going to hook up with Luke as a temporary, dabble in a townie romance sort of thing. That eventually led her back to her "true love" Chris. Of course, this is just a rumor. So take it with a huge grain of salt. LOL
Old 05-18-2007, 11:38 PM
Ultimate Fan

Thanks for the podcast transcript, GGAva.

I liked their talk this time, everything but the part again about the LL wedding which shouldn't be in the finale. I still can't believe they and apparently TPTB, from ASP to DR and LG think that's the only thing us GG fans wanted. We wanted LL's wedding, sure, but as an organic part of the show, some mid season or even sweeps episode, because they were promised to find their way there. The only reason it eventually needed to be a part of the finale, was because they neglected to do so earlier, and there was no other time left, not because that was a good and fitting GG ending. I would've been happy with a time skip a few months down the line showing them cohabitating, Luke's apartment emptied, April visiting, all together at FND.

Thanks for the EW ASP interview, Caf.

"If you love it, stay there and make sure no one else f---s it up."

More than thinking she implied that DR ruined her show, I'm shocked she's actually saying here that she didn't love GG any longer and so she left. I wonder if she realized the implications of that sentence. I wish the interviewer had asked about that.

So, I guess the Palladinos and their dog have to move to NYC. That's major and I wonder if they knew it when this whole production started out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by genuinelorelai
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmelodie
I'm curious what she has to say. I must admit that I have mixed feelings about her. She gave us such a great show and she was so good at writing creative scripts, language wise. But she was bad at plotting and actually letting anything happen on screen. I must admit though that there were many moments I have to think Amy would throw something at her tv for how bad they were.
That's how I feel too. I'll be forever grateful to Amy for giving us GG and these wonderful characters, but there's still residual frustration. I guess I'll never get over how she exited the show. I've tried to adopt the whole 'it happened, accept it' philosophy and am successful most of the time, but every now and then, I just can't believe the path she went down for S6, it just felt off and forced....
I share your sentiments regarding ASP. I will always be grateful and in awe for the best scripts and characters in my little TV world, but I'll never comprehend why she wrote LL the way she did in season six instead of using the unique golden code she'd found in making a couple keep their personalities while keeping their friendship and romance fresh and alive, especially after her endless promises of no break up make up cycle for them, trust them, they just need to suck it up and do it (marry) and that she wasn't worried at all about writing them together so soon.
This show leaves me with so much baggage, lol....

2ggObsessed, that was a heartfelt farewell. And to all saying goodbye, Tara, Gemini, lilmelodie, GG, just recently, I hope to see you and everyone around the GG related threads here on a regular basis. I can't believe though, that it won't ever be about some new GG material, unless we get lots of goodies on the DVDs, like some cut footage or if we all campaign for a Stars Hollow TV movie and by some miracle it works .....

Sign Petition For More Gilmore Girls
Old 05-18-2007, 11:42 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
I'm assuming most of us would've quit by season 2. Or at the very least season 5. Although it would make Lorelai look terrible. Since allegedly she was going to hook up with Luke as a temporary, dabble in a townie romance sort of thing. That eventually led her back to her "true love" Chris. Of course, this is just a rumor. So take it with a huge grain of salt. LOL
Huh. I had never heard the "dabble" part. Did you read this in an interview? I am just laughing because it is actually exactly what we got, only reversed. And you know what? It sounds like the cheapest of all soaps when you realize that. Oh well. Whatever. I liked soaps, when I was 13. Funny that they just make me angry now.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:42 PM
Master Fan

Of course there's that other rumor about how L/L were supposed to hook-up as an affair. By cheating on Jason and Nicole with each other. So it seems that ASP never cared whether or not her main characters maintained a semblance of morality. LOL

Quote:
Did you read this in an interview?
Nope. It was told to me by someone. That's why it should be taken as a grain of salt. LOL
Old 05-18-2007, 11:44 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Of course there's that other rumor about how L/L were supposed to hook-up as an affair. By cheating on Jason and Nicole with each other. So it seems that ASP never cared whether or not her main characters maintained a semblance of morality. LOL

Nope. It was told to me by someone. That's why it should be taken as a grain of salt. LOL
I have heard that one before. Now I am really off to bed, before I go on another long rant!
Old 05-18-2007, 11:45 PM
Dedicated Fan

Anyone have any idea of when we might hear of what series Scott Patterson will be put due to his holding clause. Maybe he'll get a new series to start from!
Old 05-18-2007, 11:49 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by notoutforawalk (View Post)
I have heard that one before. Now I am really off to bed, before I go on another long rant!
Why would you rant. None of this ended up panning out. And thank heavens for that. Funny how nothing turns out the way you expect it to, isn't it?
Old 05-18-2007, 11:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

Well it doesn't matter now, we have the series over, it's how it is. L&L are back together and the only good thing about no s8 is DSR can't screw them up again, it is actually scary to think what he could have done, even with just 13 eps. Just enough time for Lorelai to see the light and run back to Chris LOL

So it's early but who wants to take the LAST thread?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread