Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2007, 01:42 PM
Banned

Sara, what are you referring to? I think if you look. Your post is seriously...out of date.

Not, sorry, but enough of Lorelai and Lauren. That's not unnecessary. She took over the show this year. Yeah, Kim, should have fought, but Kim does not look like she's that much of a fighter. Neverthless, I am not a fan of either right now, and it's not unnecessary. Remember the company you keep, Not. Remember the company you keep, double-shipper...BRUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Overly sensitive much?
Old 04-11-2007, 01:42 PM
Absolute Fan

Interesting Jason...

So Gilmore Girls should be all about Logan Huntzberger? To that, I say, Oy.

Give him his own spin-off, but please, don't turn GG into the "Logan Huntzberger Show." That's just tacky.

After all, the show IS predominantly about Rory Gilmore and Lorelai Gilmore. I think all of us need to take our steps back and realize that, how awful their characters are characterized (and have been for the past two years), they are the two main characters on the show, not their male counterparts. I think we need separate Luke, and Logan spoiler threads, for goodness sake. A Luke spoiler thread would have been really popular for the past year.

Thanks for the info Saranoh. I'm glad Lorelai's thoughts don't necessarily influence Rory to turn down the proposal. I'd rather it be Rory's own choice. I've had enough with characters making stupid decisions of any kind, because they listen to someone else's advice (or they base their decision on how someone else would make the decision if it were him/her). Let Rory own her own decision, whether it is a good one or a terrible mistake.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:46 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJSW (View Post)
It is unacceptable in terms of the way you were bashing Logan up thread.
I did NOT bash Logan. I merely pointed out that Lorelai may have a few concerns about him, and that's not even close to the same thing as bashing.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:46 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJSW (View Post)
Sara, what are you referring to? I think if you look. Your post is seriously...out of date.

Not, sorry, but enough of Lorelai and Lauren. That's not unnecessary. She took over the show this year. Yeah, Kim, should have fought, but Kim does not look like she's that much of a fighter. Neverthless, I am not a fan of either right now, and it's not unnecessary. Remember the company you keep, Not. Remember the company you keep, double-shipper...BRUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Overly sensitive much?
The company I keep? Why would you insult yourself? And bashing Lauren Graham is uncalled for.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:47 PM
Master Fan

Here's the ep. 20 summary:

Quote:
Tuesday, May 1 at 8/7c
LORELAI ROCKS A KARAOKE BAR
"Lorelai? Lorelai?"
With graduation looming, Rory is anxiety-ridden over her future, so Lorelai tries to cheer her up with a day of eating and shopping.

Lorelai notices happily that Luke is once again wearing the baseball cap she gave him, and invites him to join her and Rory for karaoke night at a local bar. After a few drinks, Lorelai takes the stage to sing a heartfelt number which is obviously directed at Luke.

Logan returns from a business trip to California and comes to see Lorelai to discuss his future with Rory.
Gilmore Girls Spoilers | Gilmore Girls |KTLA The CW | Where Los Angeles Lives
Old 04-11-2007, 01:50 PM
Master Fan

Thanks, Katie.

Darn. I really hoped he wasn't going to ask for permission or her blessing or whatever. Nothing to do with Lorelai, either (annoyed as I am with her at the moment). I just hate the concept.
without alcohol.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:53 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by catkirk7 (View Post)
Thanks, Katie.

Darn. I really hoped he wasn't going to ask for permission or her blessing or whatever. Nothing to do with Lorelai, either (annoyed as I am with her at the moment). I just hate the concept.
I agree. I am not a fan of that myself.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:54 PM
Part-Time Fan

Well, if he asks, does that mean that Lore tells him it's okay? I hate the idea that she knows about it before Rory.
Like I might suck your blood
Old 04-11-2007, 01:55 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilmorebrazil (View Post)
It doesn't matter if Lorelai is the straight reason for Rory saying "no" to Logan's proposal. But like Cerra said in her post 61, especially this season, Lorelai's POV is the show's POV. That's not a coincidence that she will start to badmouth Logan (and it really doesn't matter to whom) when DR will be leading Rory and Logan to a break up.

And I find a contradiction of the show to make a so self-centered and very flawed character like Lorelai (especially this season) a Judge of someone else's irresponsibility. And also a double standard since she'll be doing what the show always pointed as a flaw in Emily's character: butting in her daughter's life.

It's not her business to talk to Logan about if he lost millions of dollars or not. Especially, when in season 4 she felt humilliated when her grandmother brought how she was having financial problems at the DFI and needed Luke's money to save her business.
But what if by the end of the episode Lorelai's mind is "clarified" and everything is Roses and Kittens again? Where exactly would that leave us in terms of 7.21?

Logan has always been written as having a fairly good BS detector; if the spoilers are correct and he actually proposes "in front of everybody" (Oy.) he must think that everything is just fine and dandy and that Everything is Coming Up Roses...Would he really do that if he thought that anyone present would have serious objections??

And when Love speaks, the voice of all the Gods makes Heaven drowsy with the Harmony-William Shakespeare
Old 04-11-2007, 01:56 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by catkirk7 (View Post)
Thanks, Katie.

I actually really like the tradition, probably because it's just something that I've always seen done in my family. And it seems to me like something Logan would do, seeing how he knows just how close Lorelai and Rory are. But I hope Logan's more of just letting her know what he wants to do and asking for her support, rather than her permission.

If Logan feels like he's able to ask Lorelai in ep. 20, they must end ep. 18 on better terms than they started. And this makes me feel a bit more hopeful about that Lorelai/Rory conversation in the finale, and that maybe it can lead to a more positive RL ending (though it's hard to imagine how positive it could be if he's not in the finale ).

It kind of makes me mad, though, that they're introducing this proposal a whole episode before hand. Leading everyone on like that, especially the unspoiled, is just mean.
Old 04-11-2007, 02:00 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by coobeastie (View Post)
Well, if he asks, does that mean that Lore tells him it's okay? I hate the idea that she knows about it before Rory.
Well...Given that Logan in 7.21 does what he does.......

I guess maybe in 7.20 Lorelai says yes...

And Rory in 7.21 says no.

Wow.

I'm seriously confused.

And when Love speaks, the voice of all the Gods makes Heaven drowsy with the Harmony-William Shakespeare
Old 04-11-2007, 02:01 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiegg108 (View Post)
I actually really like the tradition, probably because it's just something that I've always seen done in my family. And it seems to me like something Logan would do, seeing how he knows just how close Lorelai and Rory are. But I hope Logan's more of just letting her know what he wants to do and asking for her support, rather than her permission.

If Logan feels like he's able to ask Lorelai in ep. 20, they must end ep. 18 on better terms than they started. And this makes me feel a bit more hopeful about that Lorelai/Rory conversation in the finale, and that maybe it can lead to a more positive RL ending (though it's hard to imagine how positive it could be if he's not in the finale ).

It kind of makes me mad, though, that they're introducing this proposal a whole episode before hand. Leading everyone on like that, especially the unspoiled, is just mean.
It also completely contradicts Rory's reason for turning it down: an "independent" woman does not need Mommy's approval to get married.
Old 04-11-2007, 02:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Would Logan ask for Lorelai if he can marry Rory, doesn't sound like Logan but I do think he respects Lorelai.
Old 04-11-2007, 02:08 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I guess I would be ok with that. I still don't like it. It's my ultra-feminist side coming out.

Quote:
Nothing about any of this makes sense. I'm still waiting to see what Sookie's response is to the stuff Lorelai says in the global promo. I think that will be a big indication of what we're supposed to think.

Quote:
Yup. He's being cruel to the unspoiled and he's being cruel to poor Logan.
without alcohol.
Old 04-11-2007, 02:09 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:

1. I usually don't use emoticons if I don't have to, but the writers are giving me no choice... I now officially don't have a clue of what the writers are thinking or where are they going with this storyline...

2. I concur.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread