View Single Post
Old 04-11-2007, 08:14 AM
Cerra
New Fan

Thanks for the thread, Christine

Quote:
Question: Will Logan appear in the Gilmore Girls finale?— Kat
Ausiello: Matt Czuchry is not appearing in the finale, but Logan is referenced during a conversation between Lorelai and Rory.
He’s referenced during a conversation? It’s probably going to be something like:

Lorelai: Any regrets about Logan?
Rory: No. It feels good to finally have some independence.

I hate this show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon tart (View Post)
That's all well & good, Captain. Except that many of the things about Lorelai that I despise the most have been meant to be funny. She was being funny/sarcastic when she was talking to Rory about not moving far away in GGO, but she was still serious. I don't buy the haha bs.
This is one of my biggest problems with Lorelai. Because so much of her obnoxiousness is rolled into the shtick and “quirkiness” of the character, it feels like we’re not supposed to hold her accountable for her behavior. I feel like I’m supposed to find it endearing when she interrupts a funeral or gets someone fired or makes a four year old wait for Christmas. And because I don’t, it often feels like I’m watching an entirely different show from a certain segment of the GG viewership.

Sarcastic or not, Lorelai needs to keep her mouth shut about Rory’s relationship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by notoutforawalk (View Post)
BUt she is also talking to Sookie, not Rory. I think part of this may stem from Rory using her as a sounding board for the weeks Logan was regressing. That would probably alter most mother's perceptions, negatively.
Under DSR’s reign of terror, this has become The Lorelai Gilmore Show. She is supposed to be the heroine. We, as an audience, are supposed to take our cues from her. So even if she isn’t saying anything negative about Logan directly to Rory, we’re supposed to take her concerns as proof that Logan isn’t the right guy for Rory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nola (View Post)
just wondering how much of lorelai's business is it that Logan's venture failed. I get the whole mommy-worry about marrying her daughter off ----- but is it right for her to throw it back in his face......typical Lorelai pointing everyone else's faults out to them.....
She lost her right to play the concerned mommy card the minute she abandoned her daughter during the biggest crisis of said daughter’s life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catkirk7 (View Post)
The discussion between Lorelai and Logan about her not worrying makes me think he asked for permission to propose. Either that or Logan made clear his intentions of having a future with Rory. Otherwise, why would she worry? She's apparently just realizing that they're serious.
The ironic thing about this is that an engagement, or even a marriage, doesn’t necessarily mean you’re serious about someone if you’re Lorelai Gilmore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilmorebrazil (View Post)
And the thing is that there is no way for the show to successfully make Rory an independent woman if her decisions always mirror her mother's opinions about everything.

What made Lorelai's independence was to walk away from her parental control to be her own person. So Rory needs to do the same. And Lorelai needs to prove that she is different from her parents and allows her daughter to make her own mistakes in order to be really independent. Rory's problem isn't Logan: is Lorelai.
Completely agree. This whole “independent” angle they’re trying to sell is laughable for the very reasons you stated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilmorebrazil (View Post)
Thinking about the Global Promo, the only character I can relate to Lorelai right now is Gollum from The Lord of The Rings. I can see her hugging Rory tighly and screaming "this is my precious" at Logan's face...
This made me choke on my coffee, but it was so worth it. The sad thing is I can actually picture this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikNak (View Post)
Thanks for reminding everyone of my post from the previous thread.

With the above being said, however, that doesn't give ANYONE license to unnecessarily bash or post derogative remarks about Rory's mother. This IS the Rory/Logan spoiler thread. Granted, Rory doesn't live in a bubble and her mother will most likely have some remarks or comments about her breakup, but there is no need to constantly bash or put down a third character that basically has very little to do w/ this couple. So, let's not go there, people. I would like to not see the same thing for Rory either, or Logan, for that matter, when either one of them does something to piss you (in general) off. Sure, loving a couple doesn't mean you are going to agree or like everything that said couple does, or even what each character of the couple says or do, and that's fine to express those opinions, but chill w/ the constant negativity here of a couple that you claim to love and adore. That is NOT what this thread is about.
Respectfully, I disagree. The GG writers chose to involve Lorelai in this. That makes her fair game..

And I’ll echo George’s sentiments. There’s nothing positive left to discuss. If we’re not allowed to voice our displeasure with the current goings on, then there’s no need for me to be here because I certainly won't be bringing any flowers and kittens to the conversation.

It’s been fun, guys.