Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2015, 08:24 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leelala (View Post)
Thanks for sharing the promo!! I'm so happy we get to see more Linda. But is it just me or does she seem to have had a personality transplant?? She's more scared little girl rather than fiery sports reporter that we saw last season… ???
Well, seeing someone who looks just like you hurting people is bound to give anyone pause and make them a little scared. Remember, Linda hasn't been dealing with all this Earth2/Metahuman stuff like everyone else on the show has.

I really hope they don't kill off Dr. Light, or that she turns out to be bad. It would be nice if some of the Earth 2 characters that Zoom is forcing into killing the Flash are decent people who are struggling with their "assignment" and want to turn on Zoom instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade4813 (View Post)

This show is so all over the place. I just do not get what they are thinking. Is that honestly the only shot we will get if KS? Not that he's my favorite villain, but if they drop him and nobody mentions that there is a SHARK MAN AFTER FLASH after this...
There was an interview with AJK on the Variety website after this episode aired, and he said it costs a lot of money to do King Shark (more than Grodd, apparently), so we may not be seeing much of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scclarke (View Post)
I don't think Barry seems disinterested in Patty at all. He was checking her out in their first meeting.
I'm sure he thought she was pretty, but he had no interest in pursuing her until the last five minutes of this episode. He even seemed a little uncomfortable when she gave him her number last episode, and he never bothered to give her his number back. Whenever she comes up to talk to him, he seems like he's in a rush to get away. I don't know if this was being done on purpose, or if that's just the way GG is playing it... but Joe suddenly thinking Barry was into Patty was a big WTF moment for me
Old 10-28-2015, 01:13 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scclarke (View Post)
I don't think Barry seems disinterested in Patty at all. He was checking her out in their first meeting.

Excited for the next episode, cool that earth2 Linda is Dr Light.
But he seemed less than interested in getting her number and as of this episode still hadn't used it. Before saying he "couldn't take his eyes off her" they should have shown him unable to take his eyes off her. Think how they did with him and Iris last season. Like Joe trying to get his attention and it taking a moment because he's looking at Patty. Instead for the most part, he would constantly he surprised to find her places when she got his attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra (View Post)
There was an interview with AJK on the Variety website after this episode aired, and he said it costs a lot of money to do King Shark (more than Grodd, apparently), so we may not be seeing much of him.
Oh, I'm SURE. And that's okay. I'm just saying it'll be strange if nobody ever mentions him. He's a giant talking shark. He shouldn't slip their minds.

Quote:
I'm sure he thought she was pretty, but he had no interest in pursuing her until the last five minutes of this episode. He even seemed a little uncomfortable when she gave him her number last episode, and he never bothered to give her his number back. Whenever she comes up to talk to him, he seems like he's in a rush to get away. I don't know if this was being done on purpose, or if that's just the way GG is playing it... but Joe suddenly thinking Barry was into Patty was a big WTF moment for me
Exactly.

It's like the line last season where Barry notices Caitlin bites her lips when she's nervous. When had she done that before? Or since?

Before throwing these moments in there, they should establish that this IS in fact the case. Before Barry notices a quirk about Caitlin, show her doing it and nobody picking up on it or noticing it until he does. Then it has meaning. Even if that only happens earlier in the same episode.

I'm not saying Barry is repelled by Patty, but they have Joe saying he can't take his eyes off her when earlier in the same episode, even, he's not having that problem. Even his nervousness with her came off as being nervous about the metahuman thing, not flirtation. And once again, she comments she STILL doesn't have his number. He hadn't used hers and started to give her an excuse - once AGAIN surprised to see her somewhere.

Before someone says he can't take his eyes off someone, they should show him unable to take his eyes off that person. Until the last 5 minutes of this episode, Patty has consistently come off as way more interested in him than he is in her. Which isn't to say, again, that he's repelled but is there any good indication that he's into her (since we've seen what he's like when he's into somebody)? No. So either even it up a bit, show Barry unable to take his eyes off her, or cut that line. "You seem kinda interested in her" would be a more accurate statement. He did seem interested in her...kinda...before the last five minutes of the episode.

Last edited by Jade4813; 10-28-2015 at 01:23 PM
Old 10-28-2015, 02:55 PM
Absolute Fan

Yeah, the writers definitely made it seem like Patty was more into Barry than he was into her. The "you can't take your eyes off her" line was just silly and unnecessary, even more so after hearing Barry say, "she's not Iris." It's pretty clear though that they were trying to push Barry towards Patty without giving the impression that he was in a rush to move on from Iris. Too bad that they are just not doing a good job of writing it.

It'll be interesting to see if we get at least one scene of Iris confiding in Linda about what she's going through and/or about Barry's date with Patty. I know Candice said Iris just wants Barry to be happy but we will actually hear Iris say that? If I had any faith in these writers, then I'd certainly expect to hear her say something along those lines...that since she's not in a place to give him what he's looking for right now, she's ok with him dating Patty. But sadly, that'd be setting the bar too high for a show that's shown little interest in Iris' POV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maud&Danny (View Post)
^^ love how you're all disappointed in the show but yet are excited about Wally. For all we know, this storyline could be a hot mess too. Him turning out to be Joe's son and Iris brother? Not the least impressive. We all saw that coming.
Who's said they are excited about Wally, at least since this story with Francine started?

True, Wally being her brother isn't shocking but I always thought that if he wasn't going to be her nephew, then brother made the most sense. There's a lot of potential with that angle but I don't trust the writers not to waste it. I'll be surprised if they don't, for sure.

Last edited by scorpio_chick; 10-28-2015 at 03:00 PM
Old 10-28-2015, 04:12 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Well, seeing someone who looks just like you hurting people is bound to give anyone pause and make them a little scared. Remember, Linda hasn't been dealing with all this Earth2/Metahuman stuff like everyone else on the show has.
Yeah I initially thought that too and i do agree on that note but I remembered her little scene with Iris/Joe just this season and the way she was congratulating Iris didnt seem like her at all.. Way too bubbly and not enough spunk, I don't know maybe its the writers way of showing they can be buddies after Barry??

R.I.P Nelsan Ellis.. "Being different gives the world color"
Old 10-28-2015, 04:40 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leelala (View Post)
Yeah I initially thought that too and i do agree on that note but I remembered her little scene with Iris/Joe just this season and the way she was congratulating Iris didnt seem like her at all.. Way too bubbly and not enough spunk, I don't know maybe its the writers way of showing they can be buddies after Barry??
Well, Linda was surprisingly okay with Barry dumping her. Remember, that "catty" moment where Linda was giving Iris a hard time was in another timeline. That timeline was erased. When Barry broke up with Linda in the current timeline, Linda was sad, but she was also "go get 'er", so I could see how they could become work-friends at least, if nothing else.

And speaking of Linda/Iris - here's some badass!Iris protecting Linda pix. I'm really looking forward to this episode!

Flash: Official Photos From "The Darkness and the Light" | FlashTVNews

Old 10-28-2015, 05:15 PM
Loyal Fan

Thanks for posting.

Nice to see Iris in action and I'm curious to see how they proceed with her and Linda.
Old 10-28-2015, 06:12 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Well, Linda was surprisingly okay with Barry dumping her. Remember, that "catty" moment where Linda was giving Iris a hard time was in another timeline. That timeline was erased. When Barry broke up with Linda in the current timeline, Linda was sad, but she was also "go get 'er", so I could see how they could become work-friends at least, if nothing else.

And speaking of Linda/Iris - here's some badass!Iris protecting Linda pix. I'm really looking forward to this episode!

Flash: Official Photos From "The Darkness and the Light" | FlashTVNews
Thats true!!

I also can't wait for them to be friends.. I desperately need Iris to have someone to lean on b/c right now Barry doesnt cut it. And i'm loving those pics thanks for sharing!! Iris is most definitely badasssssss

R.I.P Nelsan Ellis.. "Being different gives the world color"
Old 10-28-2015, 06:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's nice to see Iris/Linda having more scenes.

But why do they seem so isolated from the rest of the cast?

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 10-28-2015, 06:31 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by london grammar (View Post)
It's nice to see Iris/Linda having more scenes.

But why do they seem so isolated from the rest of the cast?
Their story is actually part of the metahuman-of-the-week plot next week, so I don't think they'll be all that isolated.
Old 10-29-2015, 12:26 AM
Master Fan

Next week is the episode where Jay and Caitlin are supposed to kiss or almost kiss. That is until Dr. Light comes messing this up.

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 10-29-2015, 05:31 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maud&Danny (View Post)
Next week is the episode where Jay and Caitlin are supposed to kiss or almost kiss. That is until Dr. Light comes messing this up.
I was telling my friend what to expect next week and it sounds CRAZY.

Jay and Caitkin kiss and (possible) KF appearance (though good chance that's just rumor)
Barry and Patty kiss - which has to have SOME lead up - so that date
Linda and Dr Light as villain of the week
Harrison return and Zoom backstory
Harrison getting back in with the lab
Possibly some other plot with Linda or setting one up (maybe for second half)
Enter Ciara

Listed out it doesn't seem like a lot, but thinking about putting all those threads into an episode and how much they have to set up and this episode should be nuts.

I wonder what Kay and Caitlin were doing in the van, where they kiss. Coming to pick up Barry from his date (unlikely)? Surveilling Linda since she seems a probable target for Dr Light? (Maybe they get distracted and then Dr Light shows up?)

I'm hoping for some craziness actually. I miss last season when they'd blow through plot like 22 episodes was all they were ever gonna get.
Old 10-29-2015, 05:59 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
“Gorilla Warfare” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

GORILLA GRODD RETURNS TO CENTRAL CITY — Grodd returns to Central City and kidnaps Caitlin (Danielle Panabaker). Barry (Grant Gustin) and team race to find her before it’s too late. Meanwhile, Cisco (Carlos Valdes) plans his first date with the new barista at Jitters, Kendra Saunders (guest star Ciara Renée) and Patty (guest star Shantel VanSanten) begins to suspect Barry is hiding something from her. Dermott Downs directed the episode written by Aaron Helbing & Todd Helbing (#207). Original airdate 11/17/2015.
The CW Primetime Listings for the Week of November 16 | Spoilers
Old 10-29-2015, 06:11 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bree347 (View Post)
Australian promo

you're my home

So Earth 2 Linda is Dr. Light...
That's a little disappointing to me. On one hand, they probably want to keep the costs down by having an actor they are already paying do double the work but on the other hand, erasing an entire character sucks especially when we don't get many Asian characters/actors in the first place.
Old 10-29-2015, 06:12 PM
Loyal Fan

That sounds like a good one. I like the idea of them doing a King Kong thing with Grodd.

I kinda hope Barry and Patty end up breaking up because she just won't forgive him when she finds out eventually. That'd be a pretty believable way to end it and not unreasonable of her either, esp because given how many people know he's The Flash already, there really isn't any reason not to tell the person he's dating, but of course he won't. and since she hasn't known him that long anyway- tbh there would be no reason for her to trust him after that.
Old 10-29-2015, 06:25 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer (View Post)
That's a little disappointing to me. On one hand, they probably want to keep the costs down by having an actor they are already paying do double the work but on the other hand, erasing an entire character sucks especially when we don't get many Asian characters/actors in the first place.
Yeah, I agree. I'm looking forward to more Earth 2 doppelgangers but since this character is a minority I would've liked to see someone new cast.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread