Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2015, 08:06 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahfan (View Post)
Every last one. Nothing was wasted.

What was that even
Someone told me it aired during the VMAs. So I guess it makes a little better. Maybe? i still felt like I should have been high while watching.
Old 08-31-2015, 09:43 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade4813 (View Post)
Ohhhhkay...the CW marketing department is officially on ALL the drugs. All of them.
I laughed way too hard at this. omg.
Old 08-31-2015, 10:24 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by proty (View Post)
I'm not buying the Zoom is an evil Barry theories or he's Eddie theories. I think Zoom will be his own character.
If that's the case I don't really understand why they have Tony as just the voice. Would they cast another actor to play him physically? It makes me think it will be someone we already know when he gets revealed.
Old 08-31-2015, 11:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

wtf was that promo?
Old 09-01-2015, 03:31 AM
Supreme Fan

That promo is ridiculous, I want new footage!

I'd rather Zoom be his own character, when I read the casting news I was so excited only to feel let down seconds later, Tony is just the voice! Zoom being an evil version of Barry is the least exciting possibility, it's so damn predictable and everyone is already expecting that! It would remind me of TVD S4 with Silas being Stefan's original doppelgaenger! If they wanted to do evil!Barry they could have used the New 52 storyline, no need to bring Zoom into the mix
Old 09-01-2015, 04:47 AM
Dedicated Fan

Personally, the biggest reason I hope that Zoom is not Barry is because I have only read Flash in the New 52, so that means that out of decades of stories, I have read… like, too. And it would kinda suck if, in the second season of the show, they were already doing at one of the only two stories I already know (evil Barry). Also, I just can't picturr Grant being terribly menacing in any grand reveal. I have bunny slippers more menacing than him (which is something I like about him, personally). That's just me, though.

We keep talking about zoom maybe being Barry. Is there a chance he could really be future or E2 Wally? It would explain why they're bringing him on the show right now. Not that I think that would be terribly better…
Old 09-01-2015, 05:24 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Personally, the biggest reason I hope that Zoom is not Barry is because I have only read Flash in the New 52, so that means that out of decades of stories, I have read… like, too. And it would kinda suck if, in the second season of the show, they were already doing at one of the only two stories I already know (evil Barry). Also, I just can't picturr Grant being terribly menacing in any grand reveal. I have bunny slippers more menacing than him (which is something I like about him, personally). That's just me, though.

We keep talking about zoom maybe being Barry. Is there a chance he could really be future or E2 Wally? It would explain why they're bringing him on the show right now. Not that I think that would be terribly better…
I agree I can't see Grant in the role of the big bad! I like the theory of evil!Eddie better but Rick is not convincing in the role either
Old 09-01-2015, 06:56 AM
Elite Fan

Well I still believe Zoom is Barry also with mentioning Venom I wondering if they will pull a black suit Spider-Man, with a blue suit Flash? Barry does reminds me of Peter Parker, like the suit took over Barry in earth 2 and twisted his mind similar to the Venom suit taking over Peter's mind in Spider-Man.
Old 09-01-2015, 08:17 AM
Total Fan

Okay, I'll add to the speculation about Barry being Zoom:

The only way I could see it working (and could accept it) in the TV show, is if TV's version of New-52 Future!Barry is actually Earth2!Barry -- and maybe our STAR Labs team all have an "Evil" counterpart on Earth-2 (as we've speculated with Caitlin). Of course, that may also mean that Eobard is a good guy on Earth-2, but that's a discussion for another time.

If Zoom is E2!Barry, I could see a backstory where E2!Barry didn't move in with Iris/Joe after what happened to his parents -- or maybe didn't even know them if one little thing changed on Earth-2 preventing Barry from ever meeting Iris in the first place (See Doctor Who: Turn Left), which could have led to Barry being bounced from foster home to foster home, constantly running away, getting into trouble, etc.

E2!Barry could have let the anger and bitterness consume him, which would have only been enhanced when he got his powers (I'm of the mind that every version of Barry Allen is fated to be a speedster, even if the way he received his powers is different).

Let's not forget that "our" Barry did call Oliver out for using his past experiences as an excuse to torture people. Well, if Zoom is E2!Barry, he could have ended up the same way.

Basically, one little thing can make a big difference. Without Joe's persistence to chase after Barry every time he ran away, and Joe/Iris helping Barry develop positive emotions and not let his past define him, "our" Barry would not be who he is today.

I still want Evil!Eddie though.

Last edited by Elektra; 09-01-2015 at 08:23 AM
Old 09-01-2015, 09:32 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra (View Post)
Okay, I'll add to the speculation about Barry being Zoom:

The only way I could see it working (and could accept it) in the TV show, is if TV's version of New-52 Future!Barry is actually Earth2!Barry -- and maybe our STAR Labs team all have an "Evil" counterpart on Earth-2 (as we've speculated with Caitlin). Of course, that may also mean that Eobard is a good guy on Earth-2, but that's a discussion for another time.

If Zoom is E2!Barry, I could see a backstory where E2!Barry didn't move in with Iris/Joe after what happened to his parents -- or maybe didn't even know them if one little thing changed on Earth-2 preventing Barry from ever meeting Iris in the first place (See Doctor Who: Turn Left), which could have led to Barry being bounced from foster home to foster home, constantly running away, getting into trouble, etc.

E2!Barry could have let the anger and bitterness consume him, which would have only been enhanced when he got his powers (I'm of the mind that every version of Barry Allen is fated to be a speedster, even if the way he received his powers is different).

Let's not forget that "our" Barry did call Oliver out for using his past experiences as an excuse to torture people. Well, if Zoom is E2!Barry, he could have ended up the same way.

Basically, one little thing can make a big difference. Without Joe's persistence to chase after Barry every time he ran away, and Joe/Iris helping Barry develop positive emotions and not let his past define him, "our" Barry would not be who he is today.

I still want Evil!Eddie though.
That's what I been saying Earth 2 Barry can be Zoom also with them saying Barry will do a lone wolf thing, and cutting himself off from everybody because he thinks he's keeping them safe that way. I can see the writers using E2 Barry as Zoom to show Barry if he shuts everybody out, if he didn't had them in his life, then he would end up like Earth 2 Barry. Think its a wonderful life with George who thought everything would be better if he was never born, until he saw what it was like and realized he was wrong, maybe Eobard raised Earth 2 Barry instead of Joe.
Old 09-01-2015, 10:05 AM
Total Fan

^ Zoom could always end up being Malcolm Thawne - Barry's evil twin brother.

For TV purposes, they could a) have Malcolm raised by Earth-2!Eobard (which means he should actually be called Cobalt Blue, not Zoom, even though his lightning is blue... )Or b) If Earth2!Eobard is the one who took Barry in after his parents died, he could have renamed him and twisted him into his own image.

... That is, if they go with Zoom having the same face as Barry.

And now I'm having flashbacks of Clark Luther from Smallville... so let's just say I prefer the "evil twin brother" thing over Barry being renamed Malcolm

Last edited by Elektra; 09-01-2015 at 10:18 AM
Old 09-01-2015, 10:45 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra (View Post)
^ Zoom could always end up being Malcolm Thawne - Barry's evil twin brother.

For TV purposes, they could a) have Malcolm raised by Earth-2!Eobard (which means he should actually be called Cobalt Blue, not Zoom, even though his lightning is blue... )Or b) If Earth2!Eobard is the one who took Barry in after his parents died, he could have renamed him and twisted him into his own image.

... That is, if they go with Zoom having the same face as Barry.

And now I'm having flashbacks of Clark Luther from Smallville... so let's just say I prefer the "evil twin brother" thing over Barry being renamed Malcolm
I can see Eobard raising Barry in his own image, starting his training to get fast enough to time travel earlier, and didn't they say Barry's relationship with Wells will be one of most interesting things in S2? also I think they said Tom's role this season is like one of things there most excided about in S2.
Old 09-01-2015, 11:02 AM
Obsessed Fan

I think Grant can definitely pull off being evil and terrifying. Grant is a wonderful actor. I mean in Glee I hated him. He was mean and nasty. And that's one of the things I come to appreciate about the actor. He's so good at portraying emotions whether good or evil that you get sucked in and believe every word and emotion.

Icon by Me
Old 09-01-2015, 11:35 AM
Total Fan

I just had a thought -- if Earth2!Barry does turn out to be Macolm Thawne, and Jay comes into "our" Earth (Earth 1?) and starts calling Barry Maclolm, I could see Barry being all "Dude, I'm not Merlyn!"
Old 09-01-2015, 03:05 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:

You should try to get your hands on Flash:Rebirth. It's REALLY good and it introduced Barry back into the DC world after being gone from it for 20 years. And then just pick up his series from there. Started in 2009 and lead to the creation of TheNew52.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread