View Single Post
Old 09-01-2015, 09:32 AM
dragonfire
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra (View Post)
Okay, I'll add to the speculation about Barry being Zoom:

The only way I could see it working (and could accept it) in the TV show, is if TV's version of New-52 Future!Barry is actually Earth2!Barry -- and maybe our STAR Labs team all have an "Evil" counterpart on Earth-2 (as we've speculated with Caitlin). Of course, that may also mean that Eobard is a good guy on Earth-2, but that's a discussion for another time.

If Zoom is E2!Barry, I could see a backstory where E2!Barry didn't move in with Iris/Joe after what happened to his parents -- or maybe didn't even know them if one little thing changed on Earth-2 preventing Barry from ever meeting Iris in the first place (See Doctor Who: Turn Left), which could have led to Barry being bounced from foster home to foster home, constantly running away, getting into trouble, etc.

E2!Barry could have let the anger and bitterness consume him, which would have only been enhanced when he got his powers (I'm of the mind that every version of Barry Allen is fated to be a speedster, even if the way he received his powers is different).

Let's not forget that "our" Barry did call Oliver out for using his past experiences as an excuse to torture people. Well, if Zoom is E2!Barry, he could have ended up the same way.

Basically, one little thing can make a big difference. Without Joe's persistence to chase after Barry every time he ran away, and Joe/Iris helping Barry develop positive emotions and not let his past define him, "our" Barry would not be who he is today.

I still want Evil!Eddie though.
That's what I been saying Earth 2 Barry can be Zoom also with them saying Barry will do a lone wolf thing, and cutting himself off from everybody because he thinks he's keeping them safe that way. I can see the writers using E2 Barry as Zoom to show Barry if he shuts everybody out, if he didn't had them in his life, then he would end up like Earth 2 Barry. Think its a wonderful life with George who thought everything would be better if he was never born, until he saw what it was like and realized he was wrong, maybe Eobard raised Earth 2 Barry instead of Joe.