Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2014, 11:23 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by semmanclana (View Post)
Kinda confused by spoiler TV instant dislike for Iris or iris/barry. I wasn't sold on her either but its only the pilot people.
Some of the shippers at spoilertv are kind of.....unstable I loved Barry/Iris in the pilot but I think it's too early to tell if the ship is going to be good or not.

I think some people are hating on Barry/Iris because they think they are going to be another Oliver/Laurel I think the writers have learned from their mistakes in Arrow and the characters are very different.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:39 AM
Dedicated Fan

Anyone read The Flash: Season Zero #1 yet? Came out digitally today.

I thought the story was good, art felt off though. None of the characters really looked like their depictions in the show. Barry felt especially off, IMO
Old 09-08-2014, 04:02 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ring of fire (View Post)
Some of the shippers at spoilertv are kind of.....unstable I loved Barry/Iris in the pilot but I think it's too early to tell if the ship is going to be good or not.

I think some people are hating on Barry/Iris because they think they are going to be another Oliver/Laurel I think the writers have learned from their mistakes in Arrow and the characters are very different.
I don't think that's it but if it were, how ridiculous. What reason does anyone have to believe they are another O/L? If they've seen the pilot, then they know they are the exact opposite. And if they are judging without seeing the pilot, well their opinion is irrelevant, lol...at least to me.

It's funny though reading comments like, "Caitlin is more developed, Barry and Caitlin are better." Ummm...based on what exactly? I can't take it seriously.
Old 09-08-2014, 04:52 PM
Supreme Fan

When it comes to shows, especially like this. The female leads are always put against each other, its like a competition in the fandom. You can't like both, only one. I already sadly see this happening.

Let's focus on these girls as characters with goals and not who gets to date Barry.
Old 09-08-2014, 10:22 PM
Absolute Fan

Here's the thing, Caitlin is not even a romantic option right now. Barry is only thinking about Iris, which may explain some of the Iris hate. It's lame and ridiculous either way.

New Greg Berlanti interview, discussing the crossover, among other things.

Quote:
Crisis was also well known as a big crossover. You’ve got Felicity Smoak (Emily Bett Rickards) coming in with Episode 4, and a full crossover with Arrow in Episode 8, and you have some Arrow villains coming in. Can you talk about some of those crossovers that are coming up?

My favorite part of them is that we’re not waiting to do “two characters in Episode 18.” They’re really an active part. I just love when they’re in each others’ universes. It makes both shows feel bigger. So that’s a lot of fun. I know if I were a fan watching the show, those two nights in a row [with the crossover], they would own me. I would be so excited to see back-to-back episodes like that.

Are you allowed to tell us about the villains in that 2-parter yet?

We use a famous Flash villain, actually, in the Arrow episode, and then I would say as much as there is a villain in the Flash one – the first one (“Flash vs. Arrow”) – we’re not deceiving anybody with the title. There will be some real fisticuffs between our heroes.

Are there any character interactions that surprised you all in the writers’ room when breaking the crossover?

It’s all the interpersonal stuff, so it’s the real connection…. the deepening friendship between Barry and Oliver is always great. But when you’re getting to write scenes with Cisco and Dig… that’s just a cool scene, you know? And Diggle’s reaction when he sees what The Flash can really do? It’s hysterical and funny.
Flash's Greg Berlanti Talks Crossovers, Crisis, Upcoming Villains & More | FlashTVNews

Last edited by scorpio_chick; 09-08-2014 at 10:43 PM
Old 09-08-2014, 10:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Pretty much agree with everything you wrote Nelly and Shaye.

Thank you for bringing that over! Excited about the big crossover!
Old 09-09-2014, 05:49 AM
Elite Fan

I can't wait to see Diggle and Cisco interacting. It's going to be fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by semmanclana (View Post)
When it comes to shows, especially like this. The female leads are always put against each other, its like a competition in the fandom. You can't like both, only one. I already sadly see this happening.
Sadly this happens with every fandom. I like both female characters and I doubt that's going to change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_chick (View Post)
I don't think that's it but if it were, how ridiculous. What reason does anyone have to believe they are another O/L? If they've seen the pilot, then they know they are the exact opposite. And if they are judging without seeing the pilot, well their opinion is irrelevant, lol...at least to me.

It's funny though reading comments like, "Caitlin is more developed, Barry and Caitlin are better." Ummm...based on what exactly? I can't take it seriously.

I think it's because some people feel they need to go against the "established" couple. I have seen many comments where people say Barry/Iris is going to be just like Oliver/Laurel Despite the fact the characters and dynamics couldn't be more different.

Caitlin may become my favorite character because I have been a fan of Danielle Panabaker for years but so far I don't see anything between her and Barry. I want them to be friends but I don't know how I feel about a romantic relationship. It's too soon to tell.
Old 09-09-2014, 09:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's an Editor's Pick from TV Guide!

Fall TV 2014 Schedule: New Fall TV Shows Preview | TVGuide.com
Old 09-09-2014, 10:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the link to the articles. Getting closer..
Old 09-09-2014, 10:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You're welcome.

Grant Gustin is on the list!

[PHOTOS] Fall TV Breakout Stars: New Actors To Watch This Season | TVLine

Also The Flash is on the cover of TV Guide and the EW Fall TV Preview magazines!

X

This Week's Cover: 125 shows pack EW's fall TV preview! | PopWatch | EW.com

Last edited by *OldHollywoodStarlet*; 09-10-2014 at 02:51 PM
Old 09-10-2014, 10:18 PM
Obsessed Fan

Thank you, this is amazing.

Icon by Me
Old 09-11-2014, 04:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You're welcome.

The Flash Story Details, Character Relationships, Easter Eggs and More

"The Flash" Showrunner Andrew Kreisberg Races Between TV & Comics - Comic Book Resources

Candice Patton Says "The Flash's" Iris West is No Damsel In Distress - Comic Book Resources
Old 09-11-2014, 06:05 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new goodies!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 09-11-2014, 06:19 PM
Absolute Fan

Thanks!

Hearing Candice say that Iris will cause conflict with Barry and her father makes me think they'll butt heads over whether or not to tell Iris the truth. I can definitely see Barry wanting to spill and Joe being adamant about Iris not knowing. There's also that little tidbit Jesse dropped at Paley about Barry reminding him that he's not his father. So yeah, this secret will almost certainly be a source of contention for them, along with Barry's dangerous extracurricular activities of course.
Old 09-11-2014, 07:33 PM
Obsessed Fan

I could definitely see this happening. She's Barry's best friend and he wouldn't want to keep anything from her. But Joe is her father and wants to protect her.

Icon by Me
Closed Thread   Post New Thread